Sheffield United V Saints - Match Thread

St Chalet

Feel bad for anyone who traveled up there to see what looks like a team that is not overly bothered if they win or lose.

That's easy to say when things aren't going well. From what I saw there wasn't any real lack of effort, just a lack of creativity and cohesion up front.

We're trying but without Pelle and Tadic in their early season form, we just aren't the same team.

Totally grim performance, Mane off for Isgrove he can hardly do any worse.

Yep totally. Matt Grimes to Saints with Mane to Exeter in January would be even better if a bit harsh on Exeter. Seriously, I'm not sure he's good enough for L2 on this evidence and recent games. Someone compared him and Papa Waigo - Papa had his faults but he was miles better than this bloke and I watched most of our games home and away in 2009/10. At least he got into dangerous positions despite the offsides and got a few goals. How crud can the Austrian League be? Would prefer to have Antonio to him, not that I think he is PL calibre either.

Long has also been dreadful but at least he isn't trying to deliberately get sent off. Gardos has done alright but terrible otherwise. Club needs an active transfer window to get some fresh faces in or use more of the U21s because this lot have been well and truly rumbled.

We did not have a single shot on target that half - surely Seager would do better than some of these?

Not seen him play but probably. Trouble is, you want to bring players that age into a side going fairly well, asking a lot to make an instant impact when confidence is low. Shaw was an exception in 2012/13 but we might not have much choice with our squad so thin in forward and wide areas.

Yep totally. Matt Grimes to Saints with Mane to Exeter in January would be even better if a bit harsh on Exeter. Seriously, I'm not sure he's good enough for L2 on this evidence and recent games. Someone compared him and Papa Waigo - Papa had his faults but he was miles better than this bloke and I watched most of our games home and away in 2009/10. At least he got into dangerous positions despite the offsides and got a few goals. How crud can the Austrian League be? Would prefer to have Antonio to him, not that I think he is PL calibre either.

Long has also been dreadful but at least he isn't trying to deliberately get sent off. Gardos has done alright but terrible otherwise. Club needs an active transfer window to get some fresh faces in or use more of the U21s because this lot have been well and truly rumbled.

Agreed Grimes is an excellent player with a fantastic footballing brain even at a young age, Mane is all pace with no end product and is actually getting worse with each game. Don't like to get on players backs, but he really is hopeless.

You have to justify the 'Black Box' which means Mane, Tadic , and Foster are undroppable ...

This is why Koeman will start to lose some respect....

The kids could not be worse so use them !

Why so people say this based on absolutely nothing. The coaches who watch these players every day don't think they are ready for first team action yet.

Throwing some bright young prospect into a game like this and watching him getting battered by some League 1 clogger isn't going to do him our us any good. It's the sort of thing Redknapp used to do to prove his squad was 'bare bones innit'.