Saints v liverpool - match thread

Batman

Targett out of his depth this match. Not just for the cck up, but has given possession away too many times. Reallt have missed Bertrand. Up front we have been woefully bad. No chances created...nothing. Plus an extremely poor referee, cost us this game.

Nope Elia has been ****e. It's a wonder how he has stayed on for the full 90.

Elia is not the reason we are losing. He's had a quiet display. You don't lose because of quiet displays. You lose when players like Pelle become completely ineffective over the course of several games.

Yay a Tadic free kick. This will be worth it.

Wasn't a bad effort, just needed to bounce a fraction further in front to force a spill.

Targett will learn, Bertrand shouldn't have been a plank V Swansea. Poor square ball by Morgan and Forster should have kept that out (again). Elia poor and not nearly enough movement around Pelle.

Impressed by Yoshida again. Clyne and Victor decent games. Djurcic lively but hopefully more end product to come which has dried up from Elia.

Rodgers has got away with that tactically due to our poor finishing first half. They've had one worldie and one shot on goal and 2-0 up and that's the difference.

He had no chance really.

I disagree. I'm not usually inclined to blame goalkeepers when they're exposed (as he was), but he actually got down to it, and if he's getting down to it, it shouldn't really be going *through* his palms. In fact, I wouldn't even blame him for the goal...but he still should be saving it (given the contact he made, imo, etc, etc).