SAINTS vs Spurs Build Up Thread

nta786

So basically RK doesn't rate Gallagher...seems like a categoric refusal to even try anything different even for 15 minutes at the end of a game.Must be a real downturn in situation for the lad.

Thats is a huge leap you just made there. A 19 year old not making the match day 18 of a team 7th in the Premier League does not automatically mean the manager doesn't "rate" him.

Koeman said today... Gallagher is "a young player with a lot of development and a lot of interest for Southampton"

Edited by Matthew Le God

Thats is a huge leap you just made there. A 19 year old not making the match day 18 of a team 7th in the Premier League does not automatically mean the manager doesn't "rate" him.

He was good enough to give a go last season. He scored and looked alright (very good against Arsenal)...we are woeful in front of goal. Seagar has been on fire in the u21s etc yet cant get a spot on the bench. When we are absolute dog shyt up front and our main striker is basically, crap. Shane long barely scores himself too.

Makes you wonder where the bar is for them to even get a spot on the bench

He was good enough to give a go last season. He scored and looked alright (very good against Arsenal)...we are woeful in front of goal. Seagar has been on fire in the u21s etc yet cant get a spot on the bench. When we are absolute dog shyt up front and our main striker is basically, crap. Shane long barely scores himself too.

What definition of "crap" are you using?

Pelle is not "crap", yes he's had a barren spell in front of goal but he is still a key part in the way the team play and is a key reason as to why we have done so well this season. Long and Pelle are current internationals and despite what you think they have done well this season, we aren't going to suddenly drop them at this point in the season for Gallagher.

The bar this season is higher than it was last season. The reason Gallagher got game time last season was because we lacked depth in attacking areas. This season we have more attacking options, and Gallagher will find it harder to get a spot on the bench.

You only need to listen to Koeman to see all this is the case.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I have to say I agree with this - give Reed, Seager, Targett, Gallagher a place on the bench and give them 20 minutes on the field - they can't do worse in terms of scoring.

What definition of "crap" are you using?

Pelle is not "crap", yes he's had a barren spell in front of goal but he is still a key part in the way the team play and is a key reason as to why we have done so well this season. Long and Pelle are current internationals and despite what you think they have done well this season, we aren't going to suddenly drop them at this point in the season for Gallagher.

The bar this season is higher than it was last season. The reason Gallagher got game time last season was because we lacked depth in attacking areas. This season we have more attacking options, and Gallagher will find it harder to get a spot on the bench.

You only need to listen to Koeman to see all this is the case.

I did not say drop them. I am saying that seagar especially deserves a shot on the bench. We are woeful in front of goal. I would debate that the bar is not higher this year as we never really had a problem scoring 12 months ago

Edited by Batman

I did not say drop them. I am saying that seagar especially deserves a shot on the bench. We are woeful in front of goal. I would debate that the bar is not higher this year as we never really had a problem scoring 12 months ago

results.JPG

Didn't we? we only scored 14 goals between Mid-Feb and the end of the season last year. 8 of those came against Newcastle and Norwich who were both abysmal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1647[/ATTACH]

Didn't we? we only scored 14 goals between Mid-Feb and the end of the season last year. 8 of those came against Newcastle and Norwich who were both abysmal.

We scored 14 goals in our last 10 games last season, from March to mid-May, Picked up 17 points so we'll need 8 goals and

10 points from our last 5 games to match that, should be doable.

I have to say I agree with this - give Reed, Seager, Targett, Gallagher a place on the bench and give them 20 minutes on the field - they can't do worse in terms of scoring.

I agree but then I am not manager of saints thank god. Gallagher has at least proved he can shoot and score from outside the box (with his left foot too) unlike the 1st team.

is it just me....or does anyone else put this down as the "biggest match of the season " ?

IMO...even ranks above the win at Old Trafford (and that's saying something.....). I shall be glued to the TV and listening for the chants of... " one Ronald Koeman .."

....and await a victorious Saints' side leaving the pitch to the strains of ...." Don't cry for us Pochettino "..... if only.

It's not just you, but you were the one that said we had 10 cup finals left, weren't you? :D

Are we?

Well, this is the first mention of it on here, so I would say that is almost entirely without foundation as far as the fan base goes. Even stuff originating at the Ugly gets here within minutes (and there's no way that lot would be starting this kind of thing).

It might get a bit of momentum now though, but personally I've already seen a few people oranging it up with Koeman shirts at previous games, and we generally do this kind of stuff in the last away match (which of course is City, which by then could be vital or an absolutely dead rubber). Absolutely cannot see it happening.

Aha- Ronald Koeman day is being run by Unique Saints and you can follow them on Twitter here https://twitter.com/unique_saints.

Plus a link on this article to some t-shirts you may wish to buy.

So that'll be 5 blokes in orange tees then.

That's exactly what I was going to say after reading that article. Good job I scrolled to the end of the thread first.

As the game is televised, I'm sure the cameras will pick out those 5 blokes in orange t-shirts!

Anyone wearing orange on Saturday should be on the sex offenders register.

Lucky I didn't just buy a Koeman 1994 Holland kit for Koeman day before reading this thread! :blush:

I've been looking for a 1992 Barcelona away shirt (also orange) for some time for this kind of reason, I still probably wouldn't actually wear it to a match.

BBC site says:

Koeman thing... again...

Are we ?

:mcinnes:

True, but I still hope Saturday doesn't have too much Pochettino related rubbish all game. Don't like the bloke, but the game shouldn't be about him.

Massively agree. Like when we played QPR with HR in charge....all we were bothered about was him and not supporting the team. All it did was spur their players on to one of their best peformances of an awful season.

Don't cry for us Pochettino

The truth is we never loved you

We've got a new man

Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman

It would be nice if that was sung.

But it won't be.

I bet it will be Pochettino, what a wa nker, what a wan ker. Which is obviously just as good.

Sure must have been already mention but what is all this Ronald Koeman day? Talked about in press conference but would have assumed would have been a thread somewhere here if it was a thing.

Would break my heart to see Ronald disappointed after expecting to see a sea of orange.

Don't cry for us Pochettino

The truth is we never loved you

We've got a new man

Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman

It would be nice if that was sung.

But it won't be.

I bet it will be Pochettino, what a wa nker, what a wan ker. Which is obviously just as good.

That song is genius. I would start myself but too self conscious in Kingsland South where all we can muster is COYR occasionally at corners and and splattering of OWTS.

Tbh my anger with him has subsided a little. Time heals and all that

I'm with you on this. Probably because he never really had a personality when he was with us, and he has even less of one now, so there isn't much to dislike. He is like some kind of ManagerialBot T1000 automaton.

Your Hoddles and Harrys of this world does give one a bit more to go on in the venom stakes.

That song is genius. I would start myself but too self conscious in Kingsland South where all we can muster is COYR occasionally at corners and and splattering of OWTS.

Don't worry, it'll return when they go one up.

Toby or not Toby.

That is the question.

Might as well gamble on him for this one, seeing as Wanyama will be back the match after and we can get away without Tobes as long as Vic and Morgs are on guard in front.

I'm just wracking my brains for stand out performances against Spurs, only 2 immediately spring to mind, both in the FA Cup, the 3-0 win up at WHL a few decades ago (7,000+ travelling Saints fans - same day as the battle of Covent Garden!) and the 2003 mullering at St Mary's.

Unfortunately, heavy defeats home and away also spring to mind. Ronnie f*cking Rosenthal, that is all.

I suspect we will see pelle, standing still, hardly winning a ball played up to him and fluffing a couple of easy chances....for fans to say he is integral to how we play, he got triple marked (when he really wont) and just out of luck as we do not create anything for him...

I remember when McGoldrick was banging them in for the reserves and was the answer to all our problems