SAINTS vs Spurs Build Up Thread

nta786

I don't see any point giving him stick. It won't affect him or his team in the slightest

it won't be that bad anyway. Booing, songs about him and that would be that.

I remember going to SMS when QPR beat us 2-1. It was all about the hatred redknapp was going to face and all that.

it was alright but nothing like anticipated

it won't be that bad anyway. Booing, songs about him and that would be that.

I remember going to SMS when QPR beat us 2-1. It was all about the hatred redknapp was going to face and all that.

it was alright but nothing like anticipated

The stick Lallana got did seem to affect him and was bad enough.

The stick Lallana got did seem to affect him and was bad enough.

true. he really went into his shell

Weird, I thought the stick he got was practically non-existent, given that he only got booed when he touched the ball, and that was about twice. :D

Completely disagree about Lallana. He hid the entire game and was totally anonymous. Lovren was all over the place as well, but that's probably due to him just being crap rather than the reaction to him. Some players thrive on getting stick, and some are so precious it gets to them. Lallana is certainly in the latter category and should be given dogs abuse every time he plays against us, not just because he's a ****, but because it affects his game

Yes but we spent so much time as fans on creating that negative atmosphere and it clearly unsettled the team. We can not afford that against tottenham.

On a side note, why am i reading on the BBC that their is a saints fan initiative for us to wear orange at the game in support of Koeman? :mcinnes:

Surely the main point is that we lost, badly? Maybe being completely behind our own team and creating a better atmosphere would have changed that.

Nonsense. We were the better team, should have had at least one penalty and their GK could have been sent off.

Yes but we spent so much time as fans on creating that negative atmosphere and it clearly unsettled the team. We can not afford that against tottenham.

On a side note, why am i reading on the BBC that their is a saints fan initiative for us to wear orange at the game in support of Koeman? :mcinnes:

Were you at that game? There was a great atmosphere at first, we had a penalty shout in the first minute that had it been on Sterling in front of the kop would have been given, we had another definite penalty shout turned down and were much the better team in the first half. We lost because Coutinho scored a wonder goal and they were then able to get everyone behind the ball and play on the break.

The 'negative' atmosphere had nothing to with us losing and I'd argue in fact it helped us dominate the first half and with a bit of luck going our way we would have got more out of it. And by luck I really mean refereeing competence

Were you at that game? There was a great atmosphere at first, we had a penalty shout in the first minute that had it been on Sterling in front of the kop would have been given, we had another definite penalty shout turned down and were much the better team in the first half. We lost because Coutinho scored a wonder goal and they were then able to get everyone behind the ball and play on the break.

The 'negative' atmosphere had nothing to with us losing and I'd argue in fact it helped us dominate the first half and with a bit of luck going our way we would have got more out of it. And by luck I really mean refereeing competence

Different views of the same game then ;) It is apparent that we basically lose every grudge game because the negative atmosphere unsettles our team more than the opposition who expect it.

Are we?

Well, this is the first mention of it on here, so I would say that is almost entirely without foundation as far as the fan base goes. Even stuff originating at the Ugly gets here within minutes (and there's no way that lot would be starting this kind of thing).

It might get a bit of momentum now though, but personally I've already seen a few people oranging it up with Koeman shirts at previous games, and we generally do this kind of stuff in the last away match (which of course is City, which by then could be vital or an absolutely dead rubber). Absolutely cannot see it happening.

Are we?

That's exactly what I was going to say after reading that article. Good job I scrolled to the end of the thread first.

As the game is televised, I'm sure the cameras will pick out those 5 blokes in orange t-shirts!

The most important thing is the St Mary's crowd's response when their idiotic north london goons start singing our song, pretending it is theirs. I suggest a chant of 'you've only got one song...and it's ours!'

The most important thing is the St Mary's crowd's response when their idiotic north london goons start singing our song, pretending it is theirs. I suggest a chant of 'you've only got one song...and it's ours!'

In the past the response to Spurs fans singing it has been to retort with... "We are Southampton, we sing our own songs".

I'd like to see every saints fan at the stadium treating THE GREAT BETRAYER DAMN HIM AND ALL HIS CHILDREN FOR ETERNITY BUT I'M COMPLETELY OVER IT NOW with contempt and just ignoring him. Instead singing and yelling their hearts out for our team.

We've done the booing thing plenty of times and it usually results in our team losing. In fact twitchy used to specifically try to wind our fans up every time he came here to create that toxic atmosphere.

Our teams have never performed well in matches where a player or manager has come back and the fans spent the game concentrating on that manager/player rather than supporting our team.

BBC site says:

Southampton fans are planning a 'Ronald Koeman Day' on Saturday and intend to wear orange in support of the former Dutch international, who replaced Pochettino as Saints manager.

Are we ?

Probably organised by the white handkerchief brigade.

is it just me....or does anyone else put this down as the "biggest match of the season " ?

IMO...even ranks above the win at Old Trafford (and that's saying something.....). I shall be glued to the TV and listening for the chants of... " one Ronald Koeman .."

....and await a victorious Saints' side leaving the pitch to the strains of ...." Don't cry for us Pochettino "..... if only.

Been offered a extra ticket for a family member for £48 for northam end and chap saying thats face value.would a ticket have really been that much.not bought a single ticket for about 20 years!

ticket price for Northam £42 so not face value

Koeman: "Gallagher won't be involved in the first team this weekend - we already have enough first team players at the moment"

So basically RK doesn't rate Gallagher...seems like a categoric refusal to even try anything different even for 15 minutes at the end of a game.Must be a real downturn in situation for the lad.