Wanyama

gary3009

Couldn't see this anywhere so thought id post it

http://www.soka25east.com/revealed-victor-wanyama-to-stay-put-at-southampton/

The speculations over a possible Victor Wanyama move away from Arsenal have been quashed and the matter put to rest Soka25east.com can reveal.

After long and arduous speculations that had linked Wanyama to a move to Arsenal,the Kenyan skipper has decided he will play the 2015/2016 season at Southampton putting paid to the hopes of many Arsenal fans who had hoped for that the strong,agile and no nonsense midfielder would join them.

A close source close to the player who sort anonymity intimated to Soka25east.com “Wanyama will not be leaving Southampton at all he is happy on how coach Ronald Koeman has integrated him to the team making him playing a key role while the club has provided a good home for him.He is looking at the long term and yes he would one day like to move but you do not turn your back at a team which has stood by you.Wanyama feels there is time for everything”he said

Southampton lost many of their key players in the 2013/2014 season including manager Pochettino however Ronald Koeman has been silently speaking to the players to dissuade them from leaving a call that has been honoured by many players who are happy with him at the helm.

Wanyama helped inspire Kenya to a brave 1-1 draw away to Congo in an Africa Cup of Nations 2017 qualifer on Sunday.

Victor Wanyama has been a key cog in the Southampton defence playing a spoilers role in the traditional formation where class is laced with quality.

"Silently speaking to the players" is one hell of a skill.

I'm getting "horse whisperer" type images here, with Koeman taming the wild Wanyama and leading him to drink. Water. From a pond.

This is all kinds of wrong. :facepalm:

Is this nonsense from the "no nonsense" player or from a "close source close to the player"? I think it's from a close source close to player or even from a not close source nowhere near the player. I won't believe this nonsense until I hear this the nonsense from the no nonsense player himself so we can put to bed the "long and arduos speculations" about our key cog who is class laced with quality.

Victor is many things... agile wouldn't be that high on the list of his qualities...

I remember watching one of the home games last season when Wanyama started doing a few skillful moves to get round people and was actually surprisingly agile.....there were massive cheers from the stands whenever he did it. Good memories.

I remember watching one of the home games last season when Wanyama started doing a few skillful moves to get round people and was actually surprisingly agile.....there were massive cheers from the stands whenever he did it. Good memories.

Was against....Arsenal

http://www.soka25east.com/ is now my go to source for Football news from central east Africa although I am disappointed that they do not appear to cover the Somalia national football team.

Edit: Just to clarify. I have linked the web site in my favorites and I will check back to see if it has anything interesting. I am not entirely joking.

Since we haven't heard about his signing a new contract, I assume he is referring to the length of his original contract which is four year, two of which are gone.

Heard some nice stuff about vic today. An avid church goer and a supporter of many charities. Top man.

It is not clear to me how these two statements are connected, but perhaps you didn't mean that they were.

It is not clear to me how these two statements are connected, but perhaps you didn't mean that they were.

Whatever your views or beliefs, that's unnecessary. And hypo could have been referring to Vics charity support, or something not mentioned in his comment.

Whatever your views or beliefs, that's unnecessary. And hypo could have been referring to Vics charity support, or something not mentioned in his comment.

Which is why I referenced the two statements I did in bold. Clearly, being a supporter of many charities could make someone a top man.

As for my comment being unnecessary, it depends what you mean by that. However, I have chosen not to allow the casual and common assumption that religiousness=good to go unchallenged because it is such a harmful and destructive assumption in the modern world.

You highlighted two specific parts of hypos comment, and whatever you think of what he said, it was unnecessary on a football thread. Keep the anti religion stuff for the lounge.

When the pro religious stuff is left out of this football thread, I will leave my antireligious stuff out of it.

As for keeping it to the lounge, I do not actually read the lounge because I am not here for religious or political discussions. I simply will not allow gratuitous pro religious comments to gone without a response in a thread like there where they do not belong. I did not bring up the subject first and it is not like I would have objected if someone had posted "God knows, Vic is a good player."

When the pro religious stuff is left out of this football thread, I will leave my antireligious stuff out of it.

As for keeping it to the lounge, I do not actually read the lounge because I am not here for religious or political discussions. I simply will not allow gratuitous pro religious comments to gone without a response in a thread like there where they do not belong.

Where are the "gratuitous pro religious comments" on this thread?

Where are the "gratuitous pro religious comments" on this thread?

There was only one which I responded to. Unless the comments made by the people with whom I am debating can be considered pro-religious. A close question in my opinion but right now I am leaning towards not. My reference to "comments" plural was a general statement of my personal policy, not a claim that there had been multiple pro-religious comments on this particular thread. I will not that because pro-religion is viewed as the default state (especially in the USA, although your country does have an official religion) many people making pro-religious comments do not even realize that they are doing that--as in appearing to equate going to church with being a good person.

Just for the record, I am content to stop debating this on this thread. I am not content to admit that I should not have responded to the first comment.

I love Jeebus, I do.

Did that help?

I am not sure that qualifies as pro-religious but it does help.

There was only one which I responded to. Unless the comments made by the people with whom I am debating can be considered pro-religious. A close question in my opinion but right now I am leaning towards not. My reference to "comments" plural was a general statement of my personal policy, not a claim that there had been multiple pro-religious comments on this particular thread. I will not that because pro-religion is viewed as the default state (especially in the USA, although your country does have an official religion) many people making pro-religious comments do not even realize that they are doing that--as in appearing to equate going to church with being a good person.

Just for the record, I am content to stop debating this on this thread. I am not content to admit that I should not have responded to the first comment.

I am not sure that qualifies as pro-religious but it does help.

God help us all.

As for keeping it to the lounge, I do not actually read the lounge because I am not here for religious or political discussions. I simply will not allow gratuitous pro religious comments to gone without a response in a thread like there where they do not belong. I did not bring up the subject first and it is not like I would have objected if someone had posted "God knows, Vic is a good player."

Good job our club has no religious history

I'm an 'avid church goer'... and have known avout Big Vic's faith for a fair while...but I have no problem with Redslo's original comments.. let's not get to serious about this...

P.S. Pretty sure Victor would describe himself as having a faith rather than being religious but lets' not start another debate..

as Far as I'm concerned he's a Saint... and that's why I'll be supporting him... (and nice to know he does stuff for charity as weel)