Transfer update on Clyne, Schneiderlin and transfer priorities

Saint-Armstrong

Did we? Tadic is no Lallana. Half of this board slag Pelle.

Toby isnt our player and whilst Bertrand was excellent this season, Shaw was for us too.

Easy to throw around those type of comments.

Tadic had a better season then Lallana last year and was moving to a new league. I don't like Pelle in the slightest but Lambert was finished when we sold him, I disliked him just as much during his last season for us. Mane and Toby are leagues ahead of any of the players we sold.

Would be good to see Reed will step up and replace him this season....Obviously need to bring someone in to replace Cork and/or Morgan but only one as I think Reed is ready for more of a role this season.

We'll see, don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen though. RK wants Clasie and Reed will become the same also ran spare wheel that he was last season I expect.

We'll see, don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen though. RK wants Clasie and Reed will become the same also ran spare wheel that he was last season I expect.

But if he replaces morgan with just one player Reed can jump into Corks role first half of last season which should mean more game time

Personally think Reed adds more than JWP at the moment. Clearly JWP is better from set pieces, but Reed presses, harries & disrupts the opposition higher up the park (more MP style I know) which indirectly gives us more of the ball as opposition mahe mistakes.

Hope we see more of him this season.

He had a thigh injury for petty much the entire 2nd half of the season, coupled with general fitness problems. The real Tadic was the player we saw at the start of last season.

Tadic was going off the boil well before his alleged injury problems. He had good opening third of the season (against mediocre opposition) before defenses wised up, got a lot tighter and targeted him. He's shown glimpses of class but it's pure happy-clappery to assume that injuries are the only thing standing in the way of the 'real' Tadic.

Tadic was going off the boil well before his alleged injury problems. He had good opening third of the season (against mediocre opposition) before defenses wised up, got a lot tighter and targeted him. He's shown glimpses of class but it's pure happy-clappery to assume that injuries are the only thing standing in the way of the 'real' Tadic.

How do you know for certain when his injury problem started?

Personally think Reed adds more than JWP at the moment. Clearly JWP is better from set pieces, but Reed presses, harries & disrupts the opposition higher up the park (more MP style I know) which indirectly gives us more of the ball as opposition mahe mistakes.

Hope we see more of him this season.

If only you could combine the two you'd have a proper player.

I remember seeing him play Sunderland in that 8-0 and he was unreal that day, movement, vision, passing - but he definitely did go missing after xmas - not really sure why but if he can get back to that early season level with Mane, Jauanmi, Davis, JRod etc we'll have a lot of options

I remember seeing him play Sunderland in that 8-0 and he was unreal that day, movement, vision, passing - but he definitely did go missing after xmas - not really sure why but if he can get back to that early season level with Mane, Jauanmi, Davis, JRod etc we'll have a lot of options

He certainly has talent the opening game of the season when he mugged Lovern off for Clyne's goal was excellent. Just seemed like the pace and grind of the PL caught up with Tadic after Christmas.

T

Did we? Tadic is no Lallana. Half of this board slag Pelle.

Toby isnt our player and whilst Bertrand was excellent this season, Shaw was for us too.

Easy to throw around those type of comments.

Easy and accurate.

Richardc expresses a good opinion which he's quite entitled to do. He's not alone in seeing Tadic as an upgrade on Lallana and based purely on the performance of Lovren lambert and shaw last season, I was personally very happy to see Toby, Bertrand and Pelle in a saints shirt.

Everyone was unreal that day. For me, his form started to dip from Novemberish onwards. At the time, Mané was being made the scapegoat, though, in many ways, Tadic was doing less in games. One explanation was that Tadic was being played out of position to accomodate Mané, though that seems less and less convincing with time.

Edited by shurlock

Tadic had a groin strain that needed rest but he just wouldn't stop training and wanted to play. In the end the club pulled the plug on him and made him rest. His injury restricted him and must have been a big factor in his play.

Bournemouth paid 8m for Mings!

Does that make NC look cheap?

England international vs a championship player (who looked like bambi on ice the times I watch him)

Didn't Mings only sign for Ipswich at the beginning of the season just gone? How long did his contract have left to run. No matter how good Clyne is only having one year left on his contract will affect how much we can get for him.

Didn't Mings only sign for Ipswich at the beginning of the season just gone? How long did his contract have left to run. No matter how good Clyne is only having one year left on his contract will affect how much we can get for him.

Very true

Would have been nice for us if clyne had sign a 1-2 year extension, allowing us to get what he should have been worth

Would imagine Stekelnburg, Juanmi etc will join up on Monday. Wanyama, Mane probably will. Tadic? He wasn't in the internationals anyway. Davis, Jay Rodriguez etc.

Stekelenberg would be one and Tadic wasn't involved with Serbia I don't think, but all the others were involved in internationals.

Morgan update from France.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 12m12 minutes ago

Morgan Schneiderlin is joining Manchester United, according to tomorrow's edition of L'Équipe. More to follow.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 4m4 minutes ago

The player has reached a contract agreement on a 4 year deal with Manchester United, but no fee agreement yet, the paper reports.

This is interesting regarding Imbula. He's said to be unconvinced with his move to Inter although a fee has been agreed between the them and Marseille, and he's now considering offers from Saints and Valencia.

http://www.football-italia.net/68359/saints-or-valencia-poach-imbula

Seen that in the Spanish press..except that they don't mention Saints..just Valencia.

The move to Inter was only a loan move at first with an 18 million € option to buy him at the end of it. He (or his advisors) probably want a permanent move.

Bournemouth paid 8m for Mings!

Does that make NC look cheap?

England international vs a championship player (who looked like bambi on ice the times I watch him)

It would frankly, Carragher on sky sports news on line angered me, stating on there that after a game at St Mary's he told Clyne to sign for Liverpool and how pleased he was about it, now I am not stupid enough to think that this does not happen, however, he is paid by Sky T.V. as a so called pundit and supposedly give unbiased views, he then and presumably because of his own arrogance decides to tap up one of our players for Scousehampton, totally unethical and frankly should be reprimanded over this, it is totally disgraceful and feel that he should be banned from St Mary's, or am I on my own here.

It would frankly, Carragher on sky sports news on line angered me, stating on there that after a game at St Mary's he told Clyne to sign for Liverpool and how pleased he was about it, now I am not stupid enough to think that this does not happen, however, he is paid by Sky T.V. as a so called pundit and supposedly give unbiased views, he then and presumably because of his own arrogance decides to tap up one of our players for Scousehampton, totally unethical and frankly should be reprimanded over this, it is totally disgraceful and feel that he should be banned from St Mary's, or am I on my own here.

Pundits aren't paid to give unbiased views, the broadcasters are fully aware that ex-players will favour certain clubs and I'd imagine they like the dynamic that gives.

It also can't count as tapping up because Carragher is merely an ex-Liverpool player and doesn't officially represent the club.

I imagine if you were a Sporting CP fan you'd be annoyed to learn about Jose Fonte tapping up Cedric Soares?

Who really gives a sh!t? We've tapped up loads of players and I couldn't really care less if others do it to us. It's just how it works and if you think Carragher making a cheeky comment to clyne after a game has made him move then you're being naive

Pundits aren't paid to give unbiased views, the broadcasters are fully aware that ex-players will favour certain clubs and I'd imagine they like the dynamic that gives.

It also can't count as tapping up because Carragher is merely an ex-Liverpool player and doesn't officially represent the club.

I imagine if you were a Sporting CP fan you'd be annoyed to learn about Jose Fonte tapping up Cedric Soares?

Not quite the same; but keep clucking away.

I don't need an article, I've seen the stats which show that we're 0.93 goals better off with him on the pitch than off. That's insane.

Especially considering that Mané basically makes little difference and Yoshida was on the pitch for as many conceded as scored in a season when overall we scored lots more than we conceded.

Who really gives a sh!t? We've tapped up loads of players and I couldn't really care less if others do it to us. It's just how it works and if you think Carragher making a cheeky comment to clyne after a game has made him move then you're being naive

First I do not believe Clyne made his decision on a comment made by Carragher, it is purely a question of ethics, and yes we have probably tapped up players as well, all I am saying is that Carragher over stepped the mark, end of.