Transfer update on Clyne, Schneiderlin and transfer priorities

Saint-Armstrong

In

Got no problem with him wanting to be ambitious, and play in the champions league, especially with the Euros In his own country coming up.....if he just goes to Spurs, then he can f*ck himself.

Sideways move, to that **** club with ****. fans. Can't stand them.

So yes I only respect him because he's currently a Saint.

That about covers it!...

You're in cloud cuckoo land if you think Morgan conducted himself more professionally than Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw or Calum Chambers last summer.

Luke Shaw and Chambers didn't do anything wrong.

Morgan had one strop.

Lallana had an extended, childish strop, and did some rather stupid things, particularly as he was team captain.

So lumping in all four together is misleading.

I thought the chairman said "we are not a gossiping club" and here we are being just that !

This seems to be stating the facts as they currently are. Clarification is good, and contrasts well with the fog and rumour that nurtured panic among Saints supporters last summer.

You're in cloud cuckoo land if you think Morgan conducted himself more professionally than Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw or Calum Chambers last summer.

But we can all agree he conducted himself more professionally and Lovren and less professionally than Lambert, right?

Spurs ''ITK's'' now claim that they have offered us our asking price for Morgan, and now it's up to him.

Maybe they'll get off of their fantasy island one day.

Should be up to the club, just say "No" f^ck off, we're not selling to Poch.."

Lambert coming back as a make weight for Clyne .......wont happen he is only worth 500K and would not get a game

Clyne to the scousers may happen but on our terms

Schneiderlin to the yids will not happen......he has 2 years left on his contract

Depends on whatever agreement the club made with him really, hopefully we'll only sell to a Champions League club, which will rule Poch and the yids out of it. My big fear though is that if none of the CL clubs make a firm bid, then he'll simply want to leave to a 'bigger' club..

Schneiderlin to the yids will not happen......he has 2 years left on his contract

If nobody else pays the money and Spurs do then it wouldn't surprise me at all if it does happen. My own opinion from the outside looking in is that Morgan is completely full of ****. But let's see what happens

going to Spurs would be an odd one.

Sure, they are a bit of a bigger club but not in the league liverpool are.

no champions league football (which morgan harps on about) and 'Spurs' is just not enough without CL football, like 'Liverpool' are.

I doubt he would be on a massive pay rise either if he moved to Spurs, like signing for a liverpool etc

If he went there, would mean he really wants out of SFC....

If he went there, would mean he really wants out of SFC....

Which everything over the last 12 months would suggest to be honest.

Last summer he was talking about wanting European football, then in December when we were in and around the top 4 his rhetoric changed and became about playing for a "big club" rather than wanting champions league football and now that we've fallen away from the top 4 again he's gone back to talking about needing to play in the champions league.

He's full of **** and just wants out

Nob.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Name calling again ?

If Morgan moves to Spurs then so be it . They can afford to pay more than us and have the potential to improve more than us based upon that financial clout . Their chances of reaching Champs League are better than ours .

The hysterical wailing and gnashing of teeth on here is tiresome and childish .

Yes Morgan has said he wants Champs league but any contract would be approx 3 to 4 years . Spurs have that potential and most likely a manager who wants to stay for many years . If they pay the asking price then I will wish him well .

Name calling again ?

If Morgan moves to Spurs then so be it . They can afford to pay more than us and have the potential to improve more than us based upon that financial clout . Their chances of reaching Champs League are better than ours .

Yes Morgan has said he wants Champs league but any contract would be approx 3 to 4 years . Spurs have that potential and most likely a manager who wants to stay for many years . If they pay the asking price then I will wish him well .

You seem to revel in other teams percieved superiority over Saints and your history shows nothing more than criticism after criticism of Saints.

So tell me, this doesn't befit the natural behaviour of a fan, so how long have you been following Saints exactly?

Spurs is a big step up financially for a player, just as Liverpool is. But the league is as it is, and Spurs/Liverpool are unlikely to get CL. Certainly they aren't going to do so on a regular basis for the foreseeable future. The might if lucky interlope and then go back to where they usually are (5th-7th). The four there at the moment, are the 4 that always get it. It's why this league is not the best in the world.

I'm realistic about what a team in our position is capable of . We are limited due to the size of St Marys and the FFP rules .

If a player chooses to move on due to financial or glory reasons then I accept that . Loyalty doesn't exist in football .

Yes I'm critical of the manager at times and certain players . I'm not one of the happy clappy brigade . Some things I get frustrated about , others I dont .

As for your name calling and questioning my support ? Well I have nothing to prove to you other than I respect your opinion rather than your childish response to different opinions . You're not the only one who chooses to belittle others who don't share your opinion .

I was born in Romsey and raised in Chandlers Ford . I'm a 3rd generation supporter . My grandad wore Saints socks to his wedding much to nans disgust . My dad is a lifelong supporter . I've wrapped my new born children ( 4 so far ) in a Saints scarf and each has worn a fully signed baby sized shirt in their first photo . I have a large Saints tattoo on my shoulder . I watch every single league game through satellite tv as I now live in Australia.

When we weren't on tv I would watch a live commentary feed. I also own many many shirts as do my children .

Good enough for you you utter numpty ??

I'm realistic about what a team in our position is capable of . We are limited due to the size of St Marys and the FFP rules .

If a player chooses to move on due to financial or glory reasons then I accept that . Loyalty doesn't exist in football .

Yes I'm critical of the manager at times and certain players . I'm not one of the happy clappy brigade . Some things I get frustrated about , others I dont .

As for your name calling and questioning my support ? Well I have nothing to prove to you other than I respect your opinion rather than your childish response to different opinions . You're not the only one who chooses to belittle others who don't share your opinion .

I was born in Romsey and raised in Chandlers Ford . I'm a 3rd generation supporter . My grandad wore Saints socks to his wedding much to nans disgust . My dad is a lifelong supporter . I've wrapped my new born children ( 4 so far ) in a Saints scarf and each has worn a fully signed baby sized shirt in their first photo . I have a large Saints tattoo on my shoulder . I watch every single league game through satellite tv as I now live in Australia.

When we weren't on tv I would watch a live commentary feed. I also own many many shirts as do my children .

Good post mate. The number of idiots who label us fans as non fans just because we're able to recognise that our club is smaller than bigger clubs never ceases to amaze me.

fair points

The tattoo sounds a bit naff.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but some tweets from Sky Sports news reporter, Lyall Thomas.

Lyall Thomas ‏@LyallThomas 53m53 minutes ago

Meanwhile there have been no bids from anyone yet for Morgan Schneiderlin + he will only leave for a Champions League club #SaintsFC #thfc

Lyall Thomas ‏@LyallThomas 56m56 minutes ago

Atletico could draw things out all summer in hope of influencing market. But info is Alderweireld has told them he wants to join #SaintsFC

Lyall Thomas ‏@LyallThomas 1h1 hour ago

On Alderweireld; decision rests w/Atletico. Could keep him, could deal w/ Soton or could sell to highest bidder... no decision yet #SaintsFC

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but some tweets from Sky Sports news reporter, Lyall Thomas.

Lyall Thomas ‏@LyallThomas 53m53 minutes ago

Meanwhile there have been no bids from anyone yet for Morgan Schneiderlin + he will only leave for a Champions League club #SaintsFC #thfc

Lyall Thomas ‏@LyallThomas 56m56 minutes ago

Atletico could draw things out all summer in hope of influencing market. But info is Alderweireld has told them he wants to join #SaintsFC

On Alderweireld; decision rests w/Atletico. Could keep him, could deal w/ Soton or could sell to highest bidder... no decision yet #SaintsFC

Got to admire Atletico for trying to get the best deal , money wise, for a player, it seems, they don't even want.

But were you at Doncaster away in L1?

Lightweight!

;)

Top post‼️ It is just a shame you had to write it as you have nothing to prove to anyone.

Name calling again ?

Are you a Saints fan??

Any player going to Spurs needs to look at the long view. They are redeveloping WHL and looking likely that they will be tenants of MKD for three years which could well have an effect on their results. They may not be quite so successful in their away years. Still the money would be better.

If these two choices overlap, i.e we are the highest bidder, you'd assume we'd have a pretty good chance of getting him.

Anyone that permanently marks their body for life and think that its a good look needs their head tested.

I was going to point out that this would apply to every current Southampton player except maybe Tadic. And then I realized that due to the risk of concussions, every football player should have a test annually to establish a baseline for future reference. So maybe you are right.

Pretty sure Morgan, James WP and quite a few others (Long?) are in the state nature intended.

Sorry. Didn't know that. I was focused on the head examined part of the comment. Of course, we cannot be sure what is under the clothes.

we could lose clyne morgan and toby. Forster is out injured and yet to get any keeper in.

be amazed if cedric is better than clyne next season.

who ever we get in to replace morgan will more than likely NOT be as good. likewise, toby

We managed to keep Schneiderlin and have Clyne and Alderweireld play for us last year without even having Europa League football, what makes you think we can't sign players of a better standard now we do have that incentive?

Which everything over the last 12 months would suggest to be honest.

Last summer he was talking about wanting European football, then in December when we were in and around the top 4 his rhetoric changed and became about playing for a "big club" rather than wanting champions league football and now that we've fallen away from the top 4 again he's gone back to talking about needing to play in the champions league.

He's full of **** and just wants out

I didn't see any change in his statements all season long, they were always about playing Champions League.

He always "he'd wait and see" when the table suggested Saints might be one of those CL clubs.

We managed to keep Schneiderlin and have Clyne and Alderweireld play for us last year without even having Europa League football, what makes you think we can't sign players of a better standard now we do have that incentive?

Reckon you're bang on but think you're arguing with the first thaw of the window. ;)

Reckon you're bang on but think you're arguing with the first thaw of the window. ;)

I can wait for his irrelevant, off-topic, argument-changing misdirection of a response. Fortunately my rising age (if not maturity) has finally allowed me to let everything, even the Boxing Day discussions, to slide. I just let idiots be idiots nowadays and let everyone else point it out.

Not in any way questioning whether you're a fan or not, but I'm wondering why you cite the capacity at St. Mary's as a significant issue.

Off the top of my head I would say an extra 5,000 seats would be worth somewhere around one and a half million over a season. I can't see that would make much of a difference.

Ok then, if you say so.

You could still be a fan and still be a nob. Thats why others get irked by your writing style.

Its not "sometimes" critical. Thats all you do on here!!

Now hopefully youve calmed down after your mini essay.

Not in any way questioning whether you're a fan or not, but I'm wondering why you cite the capacity at St. Mary's as a significant issue.

Off the top of my head I would say an extra 5,000 seats would be worth somewhere around one and a half million over a season. I can't see that would make much of a difference.

My quick arithmetic suggests something over 3 million pounds a season, if the new seats sold at 35 pounds each. Not a huge amount in the scheme of things, but with financial fair play not completely trivial. It would, for example, allow us to pay one player enough to keep him from going to Liverpool for the money.