Transfer update on Clyne, Schneiderlin and transfer priorities

Saint-Armstrong

it isnt though. finished higher, 2 cup semi finals in an appalling season.

we are still clicking our heels and saying how amazing everything is for being not as good as that

That was last season though, I mean right now. They have lost Gerrard and could lose Sterling too. They've added Milner & Ings so far who aren't upgrades IMO. As things stand, Toby is our big miss - but he could still sign - and we need a new keeper while Fraser is injured but we have added two very promising young internationals and Jay Rod is like a new signing too. I'd put us slightly ahead right now although things could change before the season starts.

That was last season though' date=' I mean right now. They have lost Gerrard and could lose Sterling too. They've added Milner & Ings so far who aren't upgrades IMO. As things stand, Toby is our big miss - but he could still sign - and we need a new keeper while Fraser is injured but we have added two very promising young internationals and Jay Rod is like a new signing too. I'd put us slightly ahead right now although things could change before the season starts.[/quote']

we could lose clyne morgan and toby. Forster is out injured and yet to get any keeper in.

be amazed if cedric is better than clyne next season.

who ever we get in to replace morgan will more than likely NOT be as good. likewise, toby

But nowhere near as much of a difference as there used to be historically. Their ambition is to get back to where they used to be, at the top of the division and doing well in the CL. We have ambitions to finish in the top four eventually and to play in the CL too. Although past precedent suggests that they will be better placed to achieve those ambitions than we will, it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that we could finish higher than them next season at least. Changes to player personnel at both clubs and how those new players perform will be key, but the evidence of how player changes at both clubs turned out last season suggest that we are better at managing them. I would argue that it isn't the case that anybody suggesting that Koeman is the better manager than Rodgers is wearing rose-tinted glasses.

I get all that but they're a bigger club than us, have more chance of competing near the top and will pay more. From a players perspective a move there from us is a no brainer. I don't like the fact but it is a fact.

With Clyne and any player, we as fans just have to respect their wishes when they want to leave. There are all sorts of reasons they may want to and as far as I'm concerned as long as one of our best/better players doesn't leave to join Pompey or Spurs (unless they are fans) then they go with a thanks for being part of the journey. As a club whose fans are good spirited when players leave we'd be much cooler for players who in turn would like us more. Seems a total nonsense to really hate players who decide to leave. It's a shame that players want to go when they are ones we like but I'm pretty sure if Clyne goes the set-up as it stands now behind the scenes is better placed to deal with it than ever before.

we could lose clyne morgan and toby. Forster is out injured and yet to get any keeper in.

be amazed if cedric is better than clyne next season.

who ever we get in to replace morgan will more than likely NOT be as good. likewise, toby

I know where you're coming from, but tbh we all felt the same last season and it turned out to be better. Suck it in and wait to see what happens next season.

We need a very good goalkeeper, a top replacement for Morgan, and another pacey striker. Hopefully we will keep Alderweireld but if not we need a top CB. With all these I think we can do very well next season and finish above Liverhampton.

Why?

Sadio Mane

Jay Rodriguez

Shane Long

Juanmi

Are all very quick, is that not enough for you?

A Liverpool supporting friend claims that we're looking at taking Lambert back as part of the Clyne deal. Has anybody else heard this or is it just a load of speculative bull****?

Personally I wouldn't mind him coming back as I think he could still do a job for us, particularly as we're going to need some depth to the squad with the additional European fixtures next season.

Getting Lambert and £10million would be great business.

Lambert hasn't been consistently decent for 18 months now, I don't see any value in bringing him back here. He's older, slower and not the player he was 3 years ago. His confidence and match sharpness will be gone after last season too, it would be a complete waste of wages.

I don't think anyone would argue Liverpool are a better club but I still don't think it's a sensible move. Clyne is good enough to get into the England team on merit regardless of who he plays for but if he ends up under performing in another poor Liverpool team he could lose his place altogether like Chambers.

Of course it could go the other way and he will cement his place for Liverpool and England but I don't think it's the no brainier some people would have you believe. The financial benefits are obvious but the career prospects more dubious. Especially as Liverpool would be unwilling to sell him to a rival in the Chamipons League should he want out.

Players will leave,players will join but we Fans continue.Accept the fact that we don't pay outrageous wages to Mediocre players (neither Osvaldo or Gaston are mediocre they just don't fit in) and Saints are very attractive not only for the facilities but also the area.Should Clyne and Morgan leave then we have to accept it but like many others Toby is not on my leaving list.

Can we stick to news? I'm aware Liverpool are bigger than us and aware clyne probably deserves a club doing better than them. Doesn't need the usual posters banging on about club size yet again.

This is an update thread mate re Clyne and others. Discussing the club that Clyne may be transferred to on a Clyne transfer thread seems reasonable.

Lambert as part of the deal would be a no brainer for me. Can't see it happening though. I have no doubt he could do a job; we need some competition for Pelle.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Based on his age, stage of his career, we sold him for £4m a year ago - what value would he add to any deal?

I'd take him on loan as part of any deal for NC. Maybe till Jan , with the option of a extension till end of season. He'd give the place a buzz, give us another option and maybe even show Brenda up. Wages will obviously be an issue, they'd have to fund some of it. And provided he hasnt turn into bill big balls , dont see what there is to lose. Rickie going all out to prove Brenda wrong and maybe earn a final contract at the club who defined his career , could work short term, even if it just puts a rocket up Pelles arse.

Lambert is finished as a Premier League player imo and that is all Brendan Rodgers fault.

I doubt Lambert has forgotten how to kick a ball or lost his footballing brain his biggest problem is age and speed but with Mane, Long, J-rod and Juanmi all running off him I reckon he could still offer us something.

Spurs ''ITK's'' now claim that they have offered us our asking price for Morgan, and now it's up to him.

Maybe they'll get off of their fantasy island one day.

Which bit of "he wants Champions League" do they not understand?

Spurs ''ITK's'' now claim that they have offered us our asking price for Morgan, and now it's up to him.

According to some. Liverpool is not such a step up.

Meltdown if Morgan goes to Spurs ffs

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Morgan is very keen on Spurs but the issue is the asking price. I haven't heard from my contact at Spurs for a couple of weeks so no idea if there have been any developments. Will see what I can find out.

According to some. Liverpool is not such a step up.

Meltdown if Morgan goes to Spurs ffs

I don't consider LFC to be a massive improvement on Saints in their current situation. Current meaning how we have both done over this season. It does not mean the status they have rightly attained through the historical success. They may well do much better than us next season and that would change the level between the two clubs. There are many bigger and more successful clubs in lower positions than us. No I don't consider those clubs to be a step up from us.

As for Morgan to THFC. I hope not as my above paragraph fits my opinion on this also.

Meltdown FFFS

I remember when spurs itk posted poch was a done deal. They even posted a photo of him turning up for talks and some of our experts on here said it was pony

Can we stick to news? I'm aware Liverpool are bigger than us and aware clyne probably deserves a club doing better than them. Doesn't need the usual posters banging on about club size yet again.

Agree with you, Adrian. This thread is supposed to be about Clyne, Schneiderlin etc, not how big are Liverpool vs us. I don't care. Stick to the core subject. If you don't have anything to say on this subject, you don't need to type anything.

Why would Morgan be interested in Spurs when he's stated that he will only leave to play CL?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9865566/morgan-schneiderlin-sets-sights-on-champions-league

oh something along the lines of "I want Champions League football and while this club isn't in it this season I firmly believe with this manager and group of players we will qualify next season" gets him out of that statement and if course the mega wages will help. Footballers are by and large full of bull, Morgan will be no different once the money starts talking !

Morgan to Spurs would be absolutely awful. If he does, then f*ck him. All the respect I have for him goes straight out the window

Can I ask, with out wanting to be obtuse, why you respect him at the moment? Is it because he plays for Saints?

Can I ask, with out wanting to be obtuse, why you respect him at the moment? Is it because he plays for Saints?

Got no problem with him wanting to be ambitious, and play in the champions league, especially with the Euros In his own country coming up.....if he just goes to Spurs, then he can f*ck himself.

Sideways move, to that **** club with ****. fans. Can't stand them.

So yes I only respect him because he's currently a Saint.

Morgan for £25m. Why not increase the asking fee?

If Shaw cost £30 and Lalana £25, then i want more the the guy who makes the whole team tick.

We know there's interest out there. Smack on a £30m take it or leave it price.

And why is Clyne 'only' worth 15mill? Is he half of a Shaw (maybe on weight). He is just as good if not a better full back and not that much older. If Utd and Pool really want him then pay us 20 mill , at least.

In comparison , the scousers want more than £40m for that little sh|t who runs up and down the wing and falls over a lot!

If no-one wants to pay these inflated prices, then they stay ours!

And why is Clyne 'only' worth 15mill? Is he half of a Shaw (maybe on weight). He is just as good if not a better full back and not that much older. If Utd and Pool really want him then pay us 20 mill , at least!

he isn't only worth £15 million, it's all to do with only having a year left on his contract whereas Shaw had four years left and Lallana about three. If he had two or three years left that asking figure would be way more than the 15.

Morgan for £25m. Why not increase the asking fee?

If Shaw cost £30 and Lalana £25, then i want more the the guy who makes the whole team tick.

We know there's interest out there. Smack on a £30m take it or leave it price.

And why is Clyne 'only' worth 15mill? Is he half of a Shaw (maybe on weight). He is just as good if not a better full back and not that much older. If Utd and Pool really want him then pay us 20 mill , at least.

In comparison , the scousers want more than £40m for that little sh|t who runs up and down the wing and falls over a lot!

If no-one wants to pay these inflated prices, then they stay ours!

I read West Brom want £30 million for Berahino. The prices in this league get more ridiculous by the day.