Transfer update on Clyne, Schneiderlin and transfer priorities

Saint-Armstrong

CIYFzGPWEAQ7LUw.jpg:large

That back page splash is by the same journo (David McDonnell) who announced on MUTV in April that Clyne to Man U was a 'done deal'. Could be right this time though, who knows? Nice work if you can get it this journo lark!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

almost everybody put in Morgan's shoes would make that move, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. It will be tough filling his shoes.

I think United are getting him at very good price. How much did they spend of Fellaini? With the huge rise in prices for players last summer, this feels a fraction low to me for what I would suggest is now a completely proven and outstanding premiership midfielder. Maybe I have rose tinted specs on, but he is will allow the flair players at united or wherever to shine. With the number of times he intercepts balls, they will see more ball than they did last year that's for sure.

Schweinsteiger is winding down. Morgan is at his peak. Much better choice for united.

That £25m price tag was made up by the media though,we have never had not had our pants pulled down in a deal yet under this current board,we are not going to start now with our only player that is potentially world class

If Morgan ends up at United I can't say I begrudge him the move after he kept to his word and remained with us last season.

I agree with you, I can't begrudge him a move, but not because he stayed. He only stayed because he was under contract and we said he couldn't go. He had no choice. He wanted out and he moaned when we prevented him leaving. But I am glad he knuckled down and played well, but that's what we paid him to do.

Or was that what you meant: he said he would knuckle down?

If Morgan ends up at United I can't say I begrudge him the move after he kept to his word and remained with us last season. Can see him and Hugo Lloris both playing for United.

WTF are you on about? He was contracted to the club. Nothing to do with keeping to his word.

almost everybody put in Morgan's shoes would make that move, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. It will be tough filling his shoes.

I think United are getting him at very good price. How much did they spend of Fellaini? With the huge rise in prices for players last summer, this feels a fraction low to me for what I would suggest is now a completely proven and outstanding premiership midfielder. Maybe I have rose tinted specs on, but he is will allow the flair players at united or wherever to shine. With the number of times he intercepts balls, they will see more ball than they did last year that's for sure.

Schweinsteiger is winding down. Morgan is at his peak. Much better choice for united.

You don't have rose coloured glasses on - the Mancs are getting a great defensive midfielder (at a very fair price) with an incredible capacity for interceptions and biting tackles. I'll be watching more of their games next season than usual; just to check up on Morgan's progress. I don't think he is yet at his prime.

That £25m price tag was made up by the media though,we have never had not had our pants pulled down in a deal yet under this current board,we are not going to start now with our only player that is potentially world class

Not sure that his is or will be world class as he is not a guaranteed starter for his country yet, but he certainly is quality.

If Fellani is worth 28m and Sterling 50m I would say Morgan should be worth 35-40m but unfortunately we are going to get 10-15m shy of that.

Goals, thats the difference. The same reason good strikers are worth more than good goalkeepers, despite having similar influence on results.

Goals, thats the difference. The same reason good strikers are worth more than good goalkeepers, despite having similar influence on results.

Yup, Fellaini got 11 league goals the season before his move to United. Mid-twenties seems to be about the going rate for top-class defensive midfielders, unless you can get an auction started.

Yup, Fellaini got 11 league goals the season before his move to United. Mid-twenties seems to be about the going rate for top-class defensive midfielders, unless you can get an auction started.

Probably because there's always a fading star or two to be had at a knock down price or a young Frenchman desperate for far more money than any Ligue 1 club can pay.

Absolutely gutted Morgan is going tbh

Don't get me wrong, I knew he was off, but seeing it splash across the back page of a paper really hits it home.

the best defensive midfielder we have ever had.

Good Luke MS where ever you end up:(

Football really can be a cruel mistress sometimes

Jesus it's only football ;)

that was Jimmy Case.

Its a shame but we've had him here far longer than most players stay at one club and to be fair he deserves the chance to be playing CL. His ability is a little above the level of the club. We still have Victor and Reed and others and I have no doubt that we will bring someone decent in if not two.

An absolutely fantastic player who will be severely missed. Wholeheartedly agree, our only true world class player. Have always rated him as our best player for many years, so happy to have been proven right. Will be gutted to see him go.

Can't see us replacing him with anyone as talented this transfer window. We'd need to be in CL and able to offer silly wages to do that. Can't help feeling that losing Morgan will drop us down a place or two in the league by the end of the season.

Despite that, I don't begrudge him going to a CL team. He's earnt that opportunity. If he goes to Spurs or, dare I say it, Liverpool (surely he wouldn't?!), I'd be very disappointed.

Can't see us replacing him with anyone as talented this transfer window. We'd need to be in CL and able to offer silly wages to do that. Can't help feeling that losing Morgan will drop us down a place or two in the league by the end of the season.

Despite that, I don't begrudge him going to a CL team. He's earnt that opportunity. If he goes to Spurs or, dare I say it, Liverpool (surely he wouldn't?!), I'd be very disappointed.

Have faith the same could of been said about Shaw, Lovren, Lallana and Lambert last year - we have upgraded on most of them

Can't see us replacing him with anyone as talented this transfer window.

how do you replace, like for like, the best (or second best if Matic is more to your liking) holding/defensive/central midfielder in the Prem? Very hard. We have had a full season to find the right one though.

Have faith the same could of been said about Shaw, Lovren, Lallana and Lambert last year - we have upgraded on most of them

Did we? Tadic is no Lallana. Half of this board slag Pelle.

Toby isnt our player and whilst Bertrand was excellent this season, Shaw was for us too.

Easy to throw around those type of comments.

how do you replace, like for like, the best (or second best if Matic is more to your liking) holding/defensive/central midfielder in the Prem? Very hard. We have had a full season to find the right one though.

And yet around Europe and the PL he doesn't seem to be in that much demand. I think he is quality but he really doesn't seem to be attracting the sort of bidding attention I thought he would. Spurs are interested if they can have him for next to nothing, Arsenal have allegedly been interested since we signed him yet have never bid for him and Man U are interested if they can't secure other targets and have yet to table a bid. I figured he would be in much higher demand around Europe to be honest. Guess the price is putting teams off.

Did we? Tadic is no Lallana. Half of this board slag Pelle.

Toby isnt our player and whilst Bertrand was excellent this season, Shaw was for us too.

Easy to throw around those type of comments.

Have to say first half of the season we were all raving about Tadic and he had something like the most assists in the league if I recall correctly? Don't what happened with him second half of the season, maybe he didn't have the fitness, or was carrying an injury, didn't Koeman not play him towards the end due to an ongoing injury problem?

Anyway I reckon he may well show that early season form again next season after a full pre season with us

And yet around Europe and the PL he doesn't seem to be in that much demand. I think he is quality but he really doesn't seem to be attracting the sort of bidding attention I thought he would. Spurs are interested if they can have him for next to nothing, Arsenal have allegedly been interested since we signed him yet have never bid for him and Man U are interested if they can't secure other targets and have yet to table a bid. I figured he would be in much higher demand around Europe to be honest. Guess the price is putting teams off.

Well as he said he'd only leave for a CL club and has a preference for the PL how many candidates does that actually leave ?

4 I make it, 2 are interested and two don't seem to be because a DM is not a priority to them. As for bids, well that's old hat and not the way it's done any more. Clubs enquire and get told a figure, after that there are discussions and a figure is settled upon. 22/23 will be the price and Utd are the most likely destination, Koeman wants other players..probably more Dutchmen

and isn't particulary adverse to MS leaving.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Have to say first half of the season we were all raving about Tadic and he had something like the most assists in the league if I recall correctly? Don't what happened with him second half of the season, maybe he didn't have the fitness, or was carrying an injury, didn't Koeman not play him towards the end due to an ongoing injury problem?

Anyway I reckon he may well show that early season form again next season after a full pre season with us

He had a thigh injury for petty much the entire 2nd half of the season, coupled with general fitness problems. The real Tadic was the player we saw at the start of last season.

Gutted to be losing Morgan, my joint all time favourite Saints player I just hope that he doesn't go to Man U lets hope Arsenal get him instead.

I'd actually rather united, he will have more chance of winning a league title there, which I'd like to see him do