Transfer update on Clyne, Schneiderlin and transfer priorities

Saint-Armstrong

Going to be a big ask to effectively replace Cork and Schneiderlin in this transfer window.

Well seeing as we all knew this was going to happen, I don't get what you're trying to say. Just accept it, and trust the club to get the replacement right. Going by the reports and the player's we are linked with, we want to spend 'big' to replace. I reckon we'll see our transfer record broken this summer.

Well seeing as we all knew this was going to happen, I don't get what you're trying to say. Just accept it, and trust the club to get the replacement right. Going by the reports and the player's we are linked with, we want to spend 'big' to replace. I reckon we'll see our transfer record broken this summer.

Not for any of the "targets" that I've read about on this very forum, the pole won't sign because we're beneath him and we won't pay any more than 13 million for either Gueye or Clasie, perhaps there's someone else that I missed. If we should break our transfer record I expect it will be for Toby, then again you'd have to factor in the 2 million € that they have to give us first.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I am not sure why you are being so defensive? It is going to be hard to replace two central midfielders in one summer. We'll have good funds to do so, but even if we sign good players 'on paper', we won't know if we've adequately replaced them until the other side of Christmas when they have settled in. Given that we know our team is based on a brilliant central midfield (in terms of defence especially), then it is a big ask. That is not to say it can't be done, but it's hard.

You can still get Schneiderlin to Arsenal @ 7/2 on Coral. That's 'next club' too, so doesn't have to be done this window:

http://sports.coral.co.uk/football/specials

Now I know it's all to do with flux and all that but these odds do really surprise me. To me, being the ultimate cynic, I think that this is just a rumour that we've allowed to be put about to gee up potential buyers. Players are back next week and we need to be getting our next season's squad sorted and we can't do that until Morgan is gone.

Now I know it's all to do with flux and all that but these odds do really surprise me. To me, being the ultimate cynic, I think that this is just a rumour that we've allowed to be put about to gee up potential buyers. Players are back next week and we need to be getting our next season's squad sorted and we can't do that until Morgan is gone.

Only players that weren't on international duty in June. Most of our first team squad won't be back until the following week.

I'd much rather Morgan went to Man U than that plastic club for rich students, really hate Arsenal since moving to London and even prefer Spurs. Their support is much of what's wrong about modern football.

I'd much rather Morgan went to Man U than that plastic club for rich students, really hate Arsenal since moving to London and even prefer Spurs. Their support is much of what's wrong about modern football.

And United isn't? I'd rather he went to arsenal but really I don't care as long as we get a decent chunk of cash.

Agree with S-Clarke.The replacements we have been linked with look of a decent standard especially clasie who I think will be a upgrade from Morgan in a creative way.

£25m for a defensive midfielder might be a lot but I think that label doesn't really do Morgan justice. His best qualities may be breaking up play but he is also adept at starting moves and joining the attack.

Did I read above that Tottenham have failed to meet the asking price? Surely that can't be true... :)

Schneiderlin seemingly (I say that because quote is in French and translated by google translate) saying that he thinks his departure will be sorted before the players return to training next week

http://www.francebleu.fr/football/rcsa/football-morgan-schneiderlin-2455425

On his future, Morgan Schneiderlin was evasive. Midfielder Southampton in England is given thus coveted by Manchester United and Arsenal, coached by another Alsatian, Arsene Wenger. "Negotiations are ongoing and should be completed in the coming days, hopefully before the resumption of training next week," he told Morgan Schneiderlin to France Bleu Alsace.

Put it this way, if Wenger is prepared to pay up to £16m on a risky transfer (sort of his words) for Chambers, then £25m for Morgan makes much better sense as there is much much less of a risk.

Odd transfers are one of Wenger's foibles. There have been a few, like Miyaichi and Squillaci. In fact he seems to go for players with the Ch sound in their name.....

I know fans tend to rate their own higher, and he did do relatively well, but not for long and only compared to the rubbish they've had at DM. Morgan is class and Arsenal fans need to understand, get Cech and Schneiderlin and they could well win the league.

So says a supporter with red and white specs on...you can say Morgan is class all day long, but if he was that good he'd have been snapped up by top European clubs long ago.

Schneiderlin seemingly (I say that because quote is in French and translated by google translate) saying that he thinks his departure will be sorted before the players return to training next week

http://www.francebleu.fr/football/rcsa/football-morgan-schneiderlin-2455425

Listened to it, said he would like to go to the next step to cement his place in French first 11.

Reporter said if that meant that it would be at Southampton, to which he answered I don't know.

Reporter then asking if his future lied in England, to which he answered that he likes the English league a lot and sees himself pkaying there next year

Listened to it, said he would like to go to the next step to cement his place in French first 11.

Reporter said if that meant that it would be at Southampton, to which he answered I don't know.

Reporter then asking if his future lied in England, to which he answered that he likes the English league a lot and sees himself pkaying there next year

Does he mention about negotiations and being done before training return ?

When I looked a few hours ago as this rumour was breaking, there didn't seem to be a lot of enthusiasm for him from Arsenal fans on Twitter. Most seemed to think there's nothing between him and Coquelin, and that £25m would be a rip-off.

Its because they're idiots.

Anyway, we knew it was happening, we'll have our replacement targets. I hope the Cabaye rumours are true. We don't need like for like really. Morgan and Wanyama were the best DM shield in the league, but we did sacrifice a bit of attacking flair. Cabaye would offer more going forward and we'd still have Davis, JWP and Reed in there. I'd take Cabaye and maybe Vilhenna. Probably far too greedy to ask for Cabaye and Clasie.

We need a number 10. Closest we have to that is currently davis. Ramirez, we don't know what will happen. So yes, Cabaye is much needed.

Schneiderlin replacement is a totally different ball game. Cork is gone and if wanyama is out, who do you play Reed?

We need someone ready to step in and also cover in central midfield. Would love either of Krychowiak or Imbula, with someone like Gueye as cover.

Get Cabaye in!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Does he mention about negotiations and being done before training return ?

He said that was the aim, but he said that you mever know what can happen in football.

Until it's 100% done, you never know what can happen, that s what he s learned over the last few years.

The sooner the Clyne and Morgan situations are sorted out the better, then we know where we stand. I'd accept Morgan leaving for Arsenal with good grace, but I'd like to keep hold of Clyne, if he signs a new contract, as him and Soares would make it our strongest position.

Then we start bringing in the replacements, whoever they may be, Gueye, Clasie, Imbula, Benassi, Cabaye etc etc

I know fans tend to rate their own higher, and he did do relatively well, but not for long and only compared to the rubbish they've had at DM. Morgan is class and Arsenal fans need to understand, get Cech and Schneiderlin and they could well win the league.

Nonsense , no chance of winning the league even with those 2 .

I

The sooner the Clyne and Morgan situations are sorted out the better, then we know where we stand. I'd accept Morgan leaving for Arsenal with good grace, but I'd like to keep hold of Clyne, if he signs a new contract, as him and Soares would make it our strongest position.

Then we start bringing in the replacements, whoever they may be, Gueye, Clasie, Imbula, Benassi, Cabaye etc etc

In reality, I expect the Club know exactly what will be happening with these two. It's only us, the fans, that are kept guessing.

I

In reality, I expect the Club know exactly what will be happening with these two. It's only us, the fans, that are kept guessing.

of course they do and they both will go. its just a game of brinkmanship to get the best price. Arse / bindippers are waiting to see if saints buckle in order to get on with thier hunt for decent replacements which ultimately we might have to do if we want to get our top targets. who blinks first? all IMO of course

Can we just get them both sold quickly and bring in some replacements who want to be here. Don't really want this dragging on all summer.

Does the window for transfers between PL clubs not open on the 1st July? Surely nothing can happen until then?

Being reported here

updated bid from Liverpool for Clyne only an extra £0.5m with a possible £2m through additional achievements.

£2m through additional achievements is presumably qualifying for Champions League, winning the league or some such other pipe dream that Liverpool have.

Well, the only thing I can see for certain from the last two pages is "Spurs don't meet the valuation", and that's probably something we can all agree on..

..... and neither do The Bin Dippers for Clyne. Mind you, you can see why, when they have a ready made replacement in Jordan Henderson to slot in and play Right Back whilst Clyne will be sitting on the bench :mcinnes:

What supersonic said.

You said "Can we just get them both sold quickly and bring in some replacements who want to be here. Don't really want this dragging on all summer."

We can't get on and sell them quickly and bring in replacements from other PL clubs until the transfer window opens. Why accept the first offer that comes along when there is potentially more activity and interest after the 1st July? I just don't share your impatience I suppose, act in haste repent at leisure. Each to their own.

Arsenal have better players, a better manager, far better stadium, and are not living under the delusion that their team play 'beautiful football' from a golden age, unlike Spurs. Their fans also do not sing our song and pretend it is theirs, unlike Spurs. Morgan will do well there, and he should be applauded for staying with us so long, to be honest, when others - like Clyne - hold two fingers up to the club in the pursuit of more money (only). I would not be hugely saddened if Clyne's career goes the way of Lovren's, but hope Schneiderlin lives up to the large price tag and does well at the Emirates.

You said "Can we just get them both sold quickly and bring in some replacements who want to be here. Don't really want this dragging on all summer."

We can't get on and sell them quickly and bring in replacements from other PL clubs until the transfer window opens. Why accept the first offer that comes along when there is potentially more activity and interest after the 1st July? I just don't share your impatience I suppose, act in haste repent at leisure. Each to their own.

Well my guess is what ever money we get for them will most likely help pay for replacements so the quicker it's done the quicker we can get in replacements. Secondly we can make agreements with other PL clubs to sell them it's just the paper work that can't be signed until the 1st of July . Thirdly who wants non committed players mopping around pre-season training while they dream of their big move. A summer of playing "will they or won't they" is hardly conducive to the clubs planning for next season .

If they don't want to be at Saints (fair enough) let's get them out the door (if the price is right) and get in players that are committed for pre-season.

Arsenal have better players, a better manager, far better stadium, and are not living under the delusion that their team play 'beautiful football' from a golden age, unlike Spurs. Their fans also do not sing our song and pretend it is theirs, unlike Spurs. Morgan will do well there, and he should be applauded for staying with us so long, to be honest, when others - like Clyne - hold two fingers up to the club in the pursuit of more money (only). I would not be hugely saddened if Clyne's career goes the way of Lovren's, but hope Schneiderlin lives up to the large price tag and does well at the Emirates.

It appears that Clyne has messed the club about a bit behind the scenes but apart from that I don't see what he's done wrong. I want players to start respecting contracts which is why the behaviour of Lovren and the Rat last summer was so poor. You can't criticise players for not respecting contracts and then have a go at them for not signing long term new ones. Clyne doesn't have to sign a new contract and if he doesn't think his future is here he's right to not sign one and give himself a bit more control over where he plays in the future.

I haven't seen him once gobbing off to the press in the way Morgan has done on numerous occasions. Love Morgan as a player but he comes across as a complete **** in all honesty, almost as though he's the one that's doing us a favour by playing here, rather than respecting the fact this club has developed him into one of the best midfielders in the PL

A whole £500,000. That should make all the difference...

Connor Armstrong ‏@ConnorArmstrong

He is holidaying in Las Vegas, but Nathaniel Clyne's move rapidly nearing completion. #SaintsFC have accepted #LFC's latest offer of £12.5m.

:(

Connor Armstrong ‏@ConnorArmstrong

He is holidaying in Las Vegas, but Nathaniel Clyne's move rapidly nearing completion. #SaintsFC have accepted #LFC's latest offer of £12.5m.

:(

Good, don't think he is all that anyway!

I looked on the Arsenal website. Someone genuinely asked if he'd mind sitting on the bench as backup to Coquelin :mcinnes:

When I looked a few hours ago as this rumour was breaking, there didn't seem to be a lot of enthusiasm for him from Arsenal fans on Twitter. Most seemed to think there's nothing between him and Coquelin, and that £25m would be a rip-off.

This is the point. They don't value him as highly as we do. £25M-ish is the right price. But will any other club value him at that price? I fear if we do get the offer, he will be just a squad player at the Champions League clubs, anyway. Nervous times. If he doesn't go, we will have a disgruntled player on our hands.