Watford v SAINTS - Build Up

Batman

LOL. You don't give up do you. I'm sure both will play tomorrow but its quite funny when people find any excuse to avoid seeing that there might (just might) be a problem. It maybe that Pelle just had a previous appointment with the hairdresser to apply more gel.

Seemed like a perfectly likely and rational explanation to me.

What's weird is when people try to claim that anyone has suggests that must therefore be exactly what I think happened and that definitely nothing else could have.

Anyway, when both Fonte and Pelle start tomorrow you can stop worrying about it.

If both sides play to their best we should win, but I think a draw is most likely and wouldn't be a bad result after playing Thursday. We could really use a win for confidence and early league position jostling though. We need to set our sights on mid table and enjoy the Europa League this season so a draw would be par. On that basis next Thursday is a much bigger game for us. We won't be getting relegated this season, not a chance, so lets just enjoy the European experience, enjoy a competent season under the radar, then a relaxed summer without all the vultures circling for our players for a change.

If both sides play to their best we should win, but I think a draw is most likely and wouldn't be a bad result after playing Thursday. We could really use a win for confidence and early league position jostling though. We need to set our sights on mid table and enjoy the Europa League this season so a draw would be par. On that basis next Thursday is a much bigger game for us. We won't be getting relegated this season, not a chance, so lets just enjoy the European experience, enjoy a competent season under the radar, then a relaxed summer without all the vultures circling for our players for a change.

Meanwhile in Never Never Land...

Take any one from Fonte, Rodriguez, maybe even Pelle, Cedric, Forster...

Fonte will be 32 next summer, I've no idea why you think he has a big money move on the horizon.

J Rod has a lot to do to prove he is still good enough for Saints before he can start dreaming bigger.

Pelle will be 31 next summer and has had a fairly modest career in the Prem.

Forster could yet miss the whole season and wasn't anything astonishing last season.

Cedric needs to prove he is can defend before anyone above Saints will look twice at him.

This teams taking a bit more time to gel, and a couple of key personnel missing or possibly angling moves. However, a gritty game at times tomorrow, but 3-1 saints, sadio to get a brace.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Would take a draw right now.

How very different from all the optimism of last season.

Another defeat and will really start to worry.

We were very poor at the end of last season and this form has continued,new signings or not we look crap.

Vulnerable all over the pitch...and considering what we have going forward we are wasteful.

Poor team selections.....new signings are certainly not up to scratch.

I thought last summer would be more destructive with the outgoings not thus season.

We got lucky last season....it appears to have run out.

Quite happy to be dumped out of Europe,which is a shame.....but we aren't going to invest enough to battle on both fronts.

When was our last Premier Lge win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2-0 Watford. They are just the sort of team we struggle against unfortunately. We do need to start to put some wins on the board though otherwise the mood in the dressing room is going to sour. VVD joining will be a boost hopefully (if indeed it finally happens).

What Sort of team of team are Watford?

Would take a draw right now.

Another defeat and will really start to worry.

We were very poor at the end of last season and this form has continued,new signings or not we look crap.

Vulnerable all over the pitch...and considering what we have going forward we are wasteful.

Poor team selections.....new signings are certainly not up to scratch.

I thought last summer would be more destructive with the outgoings not thus season.

We got lucky last season....it appears to have run out.

Quite happy to be dumped out of Europe,which is a shame.....but we aren't going to invest enough to battle on both fronts.

A very accurate summing up of the situation we are in. However, be careful about expressing such sentiments.

There was little or no optimism this time last season, though it turned out well soon afterwards.

When was our last PL win, well it was 16 May 2015, matchday 37, when we won 6-1. There have only been 3 PL games since.

I'll be happy to see us look more solid in defence, would like to see Caulker and Romeu have impressive games, they should do as we're playing a team consisting of a number of Championship players, get a draw or even sneak a win and start to build that confidence. Mane in the 55th minute and Saints shutting them out for the remainder would please me greatly and give no small amount of optimism for the season.

There was little or no optimism this time last season, though it turned out well soon afterwards.

When was our last PL win, well it was 16 May 2015, matchday 37, when we won 6-1. There have only been 3 PL games since.

And that equates to one win in the last eight Premier league games.....could be nine after today.

Very poor,no denying that.

We beat an atrocious Villa side with the fa cup final on the horizon for them.

We lost to some **** poor sides in the run in.

It needs to be turned around asap.

Sitting in the Bree Louise next to Euston Station before getting train to watford checking out some unusual real ales ( my 2nd favourite London pub after the Harp)

Turns out that one of the barmen is a great mate of Filip Djuricic, having been very observant in noticing my saints shirt! They went to school together in Serbia.

He said that Djuricic was desperate to come back on a permanent deal, and that EK was too but that clubs couldn't agree. Nothing new there but thought I'd just share it.!!

Sitting in the Bree Louise next to Euston Station before getting train to watford checking out some unusual real ales ( my 2nd favourite London pub after the Harp)

Turns out that one of the barmen is a great mate of Filip Djuricic, having been very observant in noticing my saints shirt! They went to school together in Serbia.

He said that Djuricic was desperate to come back on a permanent deal, and that EK was too but that clubs couldn't agree. Nothing new there but thought I'd just share it.!!

He has been offered to Lyon and lots of others recently so still available.

Wouldn't have been upset to keep him, can play that attacking central midfield role well.

That's an absolutely quality pub, one of the best in London. (I'm lucky enough to work round the corner). Have a good one!

And that equates to one win in the last eight Premier league games.....could be nine after today.

Very poor,no denying that.

We beat an atrocious Villa side with the fa cup final on the horizon for them.

We lost to some **** poor sides in the run in.

It needs to be turned around asap.

Maybe we should sack Koeman and bring Adkins back?

Return of 3-5-2

Wanyama and Mane both start.

Stek

Cedric, Yoshida, Fonte, Caulker, Targett

Romeu, Davis, Wanyama

Mane, Pelle

Should be more solid and allows Mane to play close to Pelle but the thought of Caulker being dragged into wide areas is scary!

Slight concern we are playing a different system in the 3rd PL game after having used a different one all of pre season.

Edited by Saint Charlie