Kneejerk Mk Dons build-up

Guan 2.0

Which appears to be 'up front for malaga'

Correct. I was down near malaga the week before last. The malaga fans love him and think that with a run of games he'll be brilliant for us. They can't understand why he's sat on our bench.

very strong side tonight

eat my left testicle if we dont win with that side

Stekelenburg, Cédric, Fonte ©, van Dijk, Targett, Romeu, S. Davis, Juanmi, Rodriguez, Mané, Long.

gaston on the bench

Indeed. You can't say we're not taking it seriously with that line up. And we should be.

McQueen and Hesketh could easily have made the bench too. If they don't for these kind of games then its very hard for them to get any first team exposure really.

Despite his rep for it, I can't really think of any young player Koeman has identified and brought firmly into the first team fold with clear faith and trust.

I guess though, ultimately a Manager is judged on results, can't blame him for putting out the best team he can.

Many Spurs fans having seen their team tonight will wish MP had RK's attitude to the Cup!

Manager chooses alot of the youngsters tonight and we get knocked out he is accussed of not taking the competition seriously by some.......manager chooses to take the competition seriously by naming a very strong squad and he is accussed of blocking the youngsters progress......Jesus who would be a manager????......Personally i'm pleased as punch we have named a strong line up.

Manager chooses alot of the youngsters tonight and we get knocked out he is accussed of not taking the competition seriously by some.......manager chooses to take the competition seriously by naming a very strong squad and he is accussed of blocking the youngsters progress......Jesus who would be a manager????......Personally i'm pleased as punch we have named a strong line up.

So is everyone. Much better to pick a good side.

But must be space for even one U21 player to give them experience and give the others something to work for.

Especially for a club whose apparent USP is the Academy.

Shame some of the youngsters couldn't make the bench.

Would of liked to have seen Reed and Hesketh given a chance and McCarthy seeing as our defence has been ****. But its a strong team on paper so no excuses.

Agreed, but those three (named) all played a tough game on Mnday night for U21's.. Maybe in the next round.............

So is everyone. Much better to pick a good side.

But must be space for even one U21 player to give them experience and give the others something to work for.

Especially for a club whose apparent USP is the Academy.

I'm glad we are playing such a strong side. This is one of two competitions we could win, the whole point of football is winning, so why not put out a strong side? Are any of the youngsters better than those on the bench? Probably not. They have to really earn their place not just get a free game in a cup. If we want to grow as a club, we will need a bigger squad, which will lead to more competition generally, and not just for those youngsters. Targett has proved it is possible to start, hopefully it will inspire the youngsters to work harder to get in the match day squad. We are going to get injuries sooner or later and we'll see some of them on the bench then