Jordy Clasie - Joins AZ (Official)

Saint Charlie

Some ITK's said the club were very happy and patting themselves on the back with this signing and they considered it marquee. I am just going off that.

He was at least considered to be the main replacement for Morgan. We've clearly done well there. Fry can't handle any criticism of the club though, not now Cortese has gone.

Some ITK's said the club were very happy and patting themselves on the back with this signing and they considered it marquee. I am just going off that.

More one-man tent. Still think he will come good and show his worth, but maybe not this season. The lack of preseason and then the accident during his comeback in the dev game willcontinue to hinder his progress this season. Also has a lot to live up to if people continue to compare him with Morgan, there are very few players who could fill his boots.

Think maybe we didnt need both Romeu and Clasie and instead could have signed one of them and another player with different attributes: more mobility, pace and power in there who can drive forward (a Sissoko type).

Our midfield is rather slow, ponderous and none of them are comfortable carrying the ball, but tend to look to offload as soon ss they get on the ball.

Think maybe we didnt need both Romeu and Clasie and instead could have signed one of them and another player with different attributes: more mobility, pace and power in there who can drive forward (a Sissoko type).

Our midfield is rather slow, ponderous and none of them are comfortable carrying the ball, but tend to look to offload as soon ss they get on the ball.

Thing is I don't really have a problem with that so long as the player who passes the ball sideways then moves forward to receive it. Recently we're just so slow in moving the ball and everyone is so static. Pass then move forward to receive the ball!

Thing is I don't really have a problem with that so long as the player who passes the ball sideways then moves forward to receive it. Recently we're just so slow in moving the ball and everyone is so static. Pass then move forward to receive the ball!

Quite, Germany basically just won the last World Cup by "offloading as soon as they get on the ball", it was a main focus of their findings after their failure in Euro 2000, that players held the ball too long and they went through extensive training to reduce the time taken to pass the ball.

Precisely. Clasie's speed and range of passing for Feyenord was outstanding. Attributes which were the reason we were desperate to get him. Hasn't really demonstrated it for Saints yet but I'm sure he will. As other posters have pointed out, he's only 6 games in and has had a less than ideal start for us in terms of injuries and playing in a side which is struggling for both confidence and consistency but he's a quality player and I'm sure he'll come good.

He's even getting slagged off when he doesn't get a chance to prove himself! Amazing.

6 appearances.

Why has he not featured of late? He was meant to be a key signing yet hasn't made an impact.

The fact he isn't playing is indicative of the problem - we need someone with his attributes but he isn't being selected, presumably as he has been somewhat exposed when he has played.

Why has he not featured of late? He was meant to be a key signing yet hasn't made an impact.

The fact he isn't playing is indicative of the problem - we need someone with his attributes but he isn't being selected, presumably as he has been somewhat exposed when he has played.

Cedric was dropped from the spotlight after his first few games and we're seeing the benefits now, he's improves by far. Give him time for ****s sake.

Cedric was dropped from the spotlight after his first few games and we're seeing the benefits now, he's improves by far. Give him time for ****s sake.

You mean the Cedric who was murdered by Stoke, part of a calamitous right-hand side against Liverpool, nearly gifted Villa a second goal, completely against the run of play? You mean that Cedric?

You're having a mare today.

It was the same with Morgan. I agree. It comes to something when you get slagged off and you haven't even played.

Morgan is a completely different case. He came into a side expected to fail. He barely knew the language and was still a kid.

Clasie is a replacement for by far our best player. He needs to start performing like that.

Morgan is a completely different case. He came into a side expected to fail. He barely knew the language and was still a kid.

Clasie is a replacement for by far our best player. He needs to start performing like that.

He has had a handful of games and missed the start of the season with an injury. He is still on a steep learning curve. A bit early to write him off dont you think?

He has had a handful of games and missed the start of the season with an injury. He is still on a steep learning curve. A bit early to write him off dont you think?

More deja vu. People are still saying the same sh*t about Gashton 3 years later.

And I even hear Mane being dragged into this. I thought he started scoring goals more or less as soon as he started games. Totally codswallop to compare.

Totally underwhelmed about Claisse.

A number of players with good pedigrees take a while to settle into the Premiership but why not just write the bloke off after 6 games and a bad injury?

Usually with those that settle you can tell they are just adjusting though.

Like Mane, right from his debut at the Emirates he was troubling defendera. Sure it took time to stop diving and find consistency but his quality showed.

Clasie looks too small, weak and slow to play that position in the PL. The Dutch league is poor as we showed beating Vitesse so easily.

He may turn out to be good, but at the moment doesn't look like he will even cover half the gaps left by Schneiderlin - and his adaptation isn't going to happen any quicker if he cannot get into the starting XI.

He has been injury free since the start of October and it wasn't like he missed 6 months anyway.

A number of players with good pedigrees take a while to settle into the Premiership but why not just write the bloke off after 6 games and a bad injury?

Well he's not going to get a whole lot better if he never plays though is he, unless he's like Chaplow..now him, the more he didn't play the better he got...until he actually played that is.

Not sure it was a "bad" injury as you put it, also he has only played 6 times because he can't get into the team not because he is injured. I am not writing him off but at the same time for someone who cost as much as him I have to admit I am disappointed. Other players like van Dijk seem to have handled the transition into the premiership and he wasn't even an international.

Not sure it was a "bad" injury as you put it, also he has only played 6 times because he can't get into the team not because he is injured. I am not writing him off but at the same time for someone who cost as much as him I have to admit I am disappointed. Other players like van Dijk seem to have handled the transition into the premiership and he wasn't even an international.

Think he's only missed a couple of games when he has been available. He missed much of pre-season, then had a minor injury, then on his first outing after recovery he was injured quite badly by a freak accident in the U21s. Has looked decent in the few games he has played once he had some sort of fitness back, the last couple of games. Seems well able to cope with the PL, but I suspect we won't see him at his best this season given the pre-season/early season nightmare. Not many outfield players recover from that sort of start until the following season. Pre-season is so important for the whole of the season. Maybe after Christmas he will start to show some return, he will be a good player for us, just not yet. I've seen enough in the little he has played that his range of passing is very good and is just what we need. What we have to do is stop comparing him to Morgan, he is different and it would take a very high class player to replace Morgan.

Started well today then faded.

Still nowhere near whats needed or what I expected.

Physically not up to PL speed or power sadly.

Disagree. He's our only midfielder with the ability to pass the ball forwards to a saints player accurately and often first time, not slowing down our play. It's the waste of space next to him that needs replacing

Disagree. He's our only midfielder with the ability to pass the ball forwards to a saints player accurately and often first time, not slowing down our play. It's the waste of space next to him that needs replacing

Second half he was anonymous and barely won a ball. Plays one or two nice passes but nothing special IMO.

Just not suited to this league and looks a bit out of his depth for me.

Really there should be no criticism of Clasie today, he was one of our only bright players today. First time ball is pretty much always to feet or the right space even if on the first touch, looks to move the ball quickly and forward. Anytime a player actually created space he found them. He won tackles as well. If height prevents you being a good player in some people's eyes, thank goodness you've never had to suffer watching Iniesta or Xavi bossing a midfield! Clasie alongside Schneiderlin would have been simply class.

Wanyama however is the enforcer was pony and that's an actual problem.

Second half he was anonymous and barely won a ball. Plays one or two nice passes but nothing special IMO.

Just not suited to this league and looks a bit out of his depth for me.

Really? he was very good today like a little terrier all over the pitch putting in tackles, looking after the ball and decent passing he certainly did not look out of his depth. We didn't lose todays game in midfield.