Jordy Clasie - Joins AZ (Official)

Saint Charlie

One of our best players yesterday, he's developing and adapting to the British game. He'll be a decent signing for us.

Not to bothered with the fact he was subbed yesterday as we have 2 must win league games this week and we have no Wanyama on Wednesday. Who he was replaced by is the issue.

He'll most likely start in one of the next two and will almost certainly be subbed in the one he does start.

He definitely has the intensity. Just needs to work on his fitness.

BBC just talking about Kante at the start of the Cup game against Spurs.

Shearer saying he spoke to some of the players and they said they have never seen a player as fit and able to run right to the end of games.

Easy to say "work on fitness" but some players are just more naturally disposed to certain levels of fitness and agility.

Tonight I finally saw the guy i'd seen in the Eredevisie.

I know he was called the Dutch Xavi but f*ck that he is the Dutch Pirlo.

Not blessed with pace and not a tackling machine but his first time passing tonight was out of this world and did the full 95mins.

His % complete stats are probably average but some of the no look "attacking" passes he did from deep to other players tonight was very very good and that ball to Davis who I thought was actually onside was amazing.

Now if we could just stop Fonte and Betrand passing it back to the goalie to lump up field from the half way line i'd be very happy.

Edited by Convict Colony

Tonight I finally saw the guy i'd seen in the Eredevisie.

I know he was called the Dutch Xavi but f*ck that he is the Dutch Pirlo.

Not blessed with pace and not a tackling machine but his first time passing tonight was out of this world and did the full 95mins.

His % complete stats are probably average but some of the no look "attacking" passes he did from deep to other players tonight was very very good and that ball to Davis who I thought was actually onside was amazing.

Now if we could just stop Fonte and Betrand passing it back to the goalie to lump up field from the half way line i'd be very happy.

he was good tonight.

some sloppy passes early on when it was belting it down. Fair doo's I guess

but good tonight

I hope Wanyama does not walk back into the side. Clasie and Rom were both very good

he was good tonight.

some sloppy passes early on when it was belting it down. Fair doo's I guess

but good tonight

I hope Wanyama does not walk back into the side. Clasie and Rom were both very good

Yes 100%

Romeu looks like he can actually score and shoot, Claise sets up more people than cilla black, no way vic comes straight back in, no way.

If he does Koeman loses all the goodwill be rebuilds with this win.

Shouldn't be surprised how quick some are to say what a waste of money. What is it like his 8th or 9th appearance? Most of them he has been OK as well but just the modern trend to want instant success.. They will never learn though. Xenophobic sizeist bstards

Quality tonight.

i saw my mate, the other day,

he said to me we've signed the new Xavi.

so i asked, "who is he?",

"he said he goes by the name of Jordy classie!"

Jordy Classie, Jordy classie, he goes by the name of Jordy classie

The word "day" doesn't go imo. Week might work slightly better. Good though.

He was very good last night. I admired the Schneiderlinesque long passes across the pitch and he worked well with Oriel who should also be kept in the team v WBA

It is all about partnerships, and these two look like they could be a good one. Both players are prepared to attempt positive forward passes as well as safe passes when required. They move around more as a pair supporting each other more than any other combination we have tried this season.

Ron says Clasie probably won't start tomorrow due to "freshness".

Bit of a shame and I guess he played 90mins as we knew Wanyama would be available on the Saturday.

Still think that however good they are a key player in a key position should be available each game, probably 8 or 9 of the other starters on Sat will have been able to play the same games.

Ron says Clasie probably won't start tomorrow due to "freshness".

Bit of a shame and I guess he played 90mins as we knew Wanyama would be available on the Saturday.

Still think that however good they are a key player in a key position should be available each game, probably 8 or 9 of the other starters on Sat will have been able to play the same games.

I think after other night you should drop that. He clearly is getting much better at lasting minutes.

I think after other night you should drop that. He clearly is getting much better at lasting minutes.

Drop what? Just saying he isn't starting tomorrow and it isn't because he isn't good enough too.

A team like ours needs our best players on the pitch every game. So hopefully in the summer he can sort out his fitness because he obviously has a lot of quality - but that doesnt help win games from the bench.

Drop what? Just saying he isn't starting tomorrow and it isn't because he isn't good enough too.

A team like ours needs our best players on the pitch every game. So hopefully in the summer he can sort out his fitness because he obviously has a lot of quality - but that doesnt help win games from the bench.

His fitness is improving mate.

No reason for him not to start tomorrow then?

You look at most of the big teams and if they have options like we do and a player of vics calibre(when mind is right) to come in vs west brom(a very physical team) they would rotate people, football changed.

You look at most of the big teams and if they have options like we do and a player of vics calibre(when mind is right) to come in vs west brom(a very physical team) they would rotate people, football changed.

Sanchez is coming back for Arsenal, but they won't leave out Ozil etc etc.

He isn't being rotated. He isn't playing because he isn't fit enough to play three games in a week.

No disgrace and can improve, but no point denying it.

Sanchez is coming back for Arsenal, but they won't leave out Ozil etc etc.

He isn't being rotated. He isn't playing because he isn't fit enough to play three games in a week.

No disgrace and can improve, but no point denying it.

I think you're worrying too much. He's pretty much there.

I think you're worrying too much. He's pretty much there.

I'm not worried. But its a shame to change a winning formula in midfield.

Especially when its not performance related and we don't have another game for a week.

Its easy to slag Wanyama but he can play three games a week, like Morgan could, Cork could, Davis can.

Clasie, after 6 months at the club, can't.

A shame.

Yeah Schneiderlin was average. Seems to have lost the authority he had for us. Probably the effect of playing with some bigger names who dictate how the team plays.

On my stream at the end Austin was walking off with Clasie who appeared to indicate something about his ankle or foot. Hopefully just took a kick as seemed fine when he was subbed.

Yeah Schneiderlin was average. Seems to have lost the authority he had for us. Probably the effect of playing with some bigger names who dictate how the team plays.

On my stream at the end Austin was walking off with Clasie who appeared to indicate something about his ankle or foot. Hopefully just took a kick as seemed fine when he was subbed.

Clasie got a nasty gash in his thigh:

30807F0E00000578-0-image-a-14_1453563493825.jpg