Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

Machette attack in Belgium toward a couple of coppers by a man shouting Allahu Akbar

probably someone with a mental illness. nothing more than that

You have this canny ability as seen by all kipper trolls across the Internet of not reading, or reflecting on, any of the other input made by anyone else.

Islam is clearly a threat, look how many people have been killed in it's name in the last year alone.

Why do you think Islam is a race?

Can we add the number of people killed by Christians, just for comparism ?

Can we add the number of people killed by Christians, just for comparism ?

Fill your boots sunshine. You've already shown yourself to be a bit of a thick one.

Btw thread is about terrorist attacks so please detail all the recent terrorist attacks carried out in the name of Christ.....for balance.

Fill your boots sunshine. You've already shown yourself to be a bit of a thick one.

Btw thread is about terrorist attacks so please detail all the recent terrorist attacks carried out in the name of Christ.....for balance.

Well the mass-murder of 8,000 defenceless Muslim men and boys by the 'Christian' Serbs in Srebrenica is hardly ancient history is it? I suppose you might try to argue that terrorism and war crimes are different things - but they look very much like two sides of the same coin to this observer of events.

But from a western perspective there is no denying that the current wave of islamic inspired terror is clearly the biggest danger we face today in the 'here and now'. However, a mere smidgen of research will show you that there is recent 'terrorist' activity linked to the Christain faith in parts of Africa and India too. I use the word "linked" here because the teachings of Christ and extreme violence methinks are pretty hard to reconcile. Much the same could perhaps be said about the other great religions including Islam of course - it all depends on how you prefer to inteript the (often contradictory) religious texts.

But broaden the question out and try to look at the world as others see it. Vladimir Putin describes himself as a Christain leader. Would you not say that the many victims of Russian bombing in Syria might not regard him as a Christain terrorist then? It seems to me that if you go round deliberetlly targeting hospitals - or at least activlty support those who do - then that is a fair enough depiction. Rightly or wrongly both sides of the interminable Arab-Isreali conflict see the other as terrorists.

Where do you draw the line between war and terror?

I think the line is clear.

We have been here before bringing out tyrants from the west being declared Christians on account of their belt buckles and such.

Sorry but is a fatuous point trying to cite 'well this lot were just as bad back then' line. Very unhelpful but makes the intellectuals feel much superior I suppose.

to be fair any attack by Western forces on ISIS would be seen by them as terrorist. The Germans called Bomber Command terrorists

Sure you'd have been in your element lapping up Goebbels's propaganda. Bet he would have made a lovely YouTube clip of Adolf worshipping and showing what an all round nice guy he was.

So can I take it then that you are seeking to dispute that Vladimir Putin considers himself to be a Christian for some reason - this despite having been shown evidence seemingly showing that:

• He was baptised as a child by his deeply religious mother.

• He constently wears a crucifix - except in the sauna!

• He opts to regularly attend Christian church services.

• He decided to bury both of his parents in the approved Christian manner.

Well the mass-murder of 8,000 defenceless Muslim men and boys by the 'Christian' Serbs in Srebrenica is hardly ancient history is it? I suppose you might try to argue that terrorism and war crimes are different things - but they look very much like two sides of the same coin to this observer of events.

But from a western perspective there is no denying that the current wave of islamic inspired terror is clearly the biggest danger we face today in the 'here and now'. However, a mere smidgen of research will show you that there is recent 'terrorist' activity linked to the Christain faith in parts of Africa and India too. I use the word "linked" here because the teachings of Christ and extreme violence methinks are pretty hard to reconcile. Much the same could perhaps be said about the other great religions including Islam of course - it all depends on how you prefer to inteript the (often contradictory) religious texts.

But broaden the question out and try to look at the world as others see it. Vladimir Putin describes himself as a Christain leader. Would you not say that the many victims of Russian bombing in Syria might not regard him as a Christain terrorist then? It seems to me that if you go round deliberetlly targeting hospitals - or at least activlty support those who do - then that is a fair enough depiction. Rightly or wrongly both sides of the interminable Arab-Isreali conflict see the other as terrorists.

Where do you draw the line between war and terror?

There is a difference between someone of a certain religion committing murder and someone committing murder because of their religion.

There is also a difference between religion causing a divide which leads to war and people slaughtering innocents because of their faith.

We go round in circles Johnny. You, SOG, Charles vehemently defend Islam citing every evil despot as a Christian. TBH the debate is quite tiresome although at least Charlie puts up some pints in his favour. Your brevity does not warrant any sort of discussion. And SOG well been many many an argument.

For the record I do not consider Putin a Christian - many here seem to be clueless as to what a Christian - I would guess less than 10% of the UK is. That is to ignore the Daily Mail/UKIP lot who like to defend 'Christian values' when really just xenophobia and nothing Christlike in their behaviour and lack of compassion.

I feel quite balanced really whereas plenty have agenda both ways which is scary.

So can I take it then that you are seeking to dispute that Vladimir Putin considers himself to be a Christian for some reason - this despite having been shown evidence seemingly showing that:

• He was baptised as a child by his deeply religious mother.

• He constently wears a crucifix - except in the sauna!

• He opts to regularly attend Christian church services.

• He decided to bury both of his parents in the approved Christian manner.

You will know them by their fruit.

We go round in circles Johnny. You, SOG, Charles vehemently defend Islam citing every evil despot as a Christian. TBH the debate is quite tiresome although at least Charlie puts up some pints in his favour. Your brevity does not warrant any sort of discussion. And SOG well been many many an argument.

For the record I do not consider Putin a Christian - many here seem to be clueless as to what a Christian - I would guess less than 10% of the UK is. That is to ignore the Daily Mail/UKIP lot who like to defend 'Christian values' when really just xenophobia and nothing Christlike in their behaviour and lack of compassion.

I feel quite balanced really whereas plenty have agenda both ways which is scary.

Is Tony Blair a Christian?

On every other thread the picture on Tapatalk preview pane is the latest image added to the thread, except this one, which seems to be two dead children. I just tried to upload two images of any old thing to change it but no joy.

The "contains distressing images" warning is fine but that one image is one my phone every time I open this forum. Yes, very sad but I'd like the option to not look at it.

He's doing that a lot recently. Maybe he isnt suited to discussion boards

Please tell we where sweet pea? If anything I get annoyed with myself for responding to so many vapid fools.

But regarding your point - You were the one getting upset why the media doesn't lead on Yemen or Sudan. I actually took the Tim me to reply to your feeble line about agreeing 'the media set the agenda'. TBH it was like discussing with a child who has an uninformed simplistic view of the world. I am guessing you maybe a little older but never know.

You do seem a little interested in me as well of late. Kind of flattering I guess.

Edited by whelk

1 - Everyone has some sort of "agenda" - mine is to explore where the truth lays.

2 - As a atheist it is cetainly not my business to defend Islam or for that matter any other religious belief system. Any implacation that I want to excuse terrorism is of course erroneous.

3 - Whether YOU consider Vladimir Putin to be some sort of Christain is neither here nor there frankly. The point here is whether HE considers himself to be of that faith.

On every other thread the picture on Tapatalk preview pane is the latest image added to the thread, except this one, which seems to be two dead children. I just tried to upload two images of any old thing to change it but no joy.

The "contains distressing images" warning is fine but that one image is one my phone every time I open this forum. Yes, very sad but I'd like the option to not look at it.

Gone for me now. Annoying Tapatalk feature. Tim was supposedly making a point posting the picture although with no link for discussion so not much point anyway.

1 - Everyone has some sort of "agenda" - mine is to explore where the truth lays.

2 - As a atheist it is cetainly not my business to defend Islam or for that matter any other religious belief system. Any implacation that I want to excuse terrorism is of course erroneous.

3 - Whether YOU consider Vladimir Putin to be some sort of Christain is neither here nor there frankly. The point here is whether HE considers himself to be of that faith.

'Where the truth lays' - very noble.

Like many you may just like an argument/discussion/debate and posing contrary views may stimulate the discussion. Clearly no one ever wants to excuse terrorism but your continuous comparison of other atrocities is not hugely relevant.

And you can bang on about Putin all you like if he is your Christian model you are holding up for comparison then you are less intelligent than I given you credit for and makes any discussion quite daft.

Like many you may just like an argument/discussion/debate and posing contrary views may stimulate the discussion. Clearly no one ever wants to excuse terrorism but your continuous comparison of other atrocities is not hugely relevant....

Far from being irrelevant somehow the observable historical truth that nearly all nationalities/religions/creeds are quite capable of committing atrocities when it suites them is EXACTLY the pertinent fact here. If you really seek to understand the world better then I fear you will either have to accept this 'inconvenient truth' about human nature - or put up with the likes of me reminding you of it from time to time.

Yes it is a straightforward matter to 'other' those who seek to attack us and therefore dismiss them simply as a inhuman enemy who must be destroyed. The problem with that attitude is that it mirrors the thinking the extremists exhibit that has led us into this situation in the first place. This will not do.

So instead of endlessly repeating how appalled we are by 'their' violence while at the same time ignoring our own, or like some on here wasting time dreaming of returning the UK to some (largly imagined) point in the past where everyone in Britain looked and thought the same, we would do better I think to accept the complexity of this multicultural world we now live in and ask ourselves WHY some Muslim extremists seek to terrorize the west so?

"Vehemently defend Islam." Perhaps you should try looking at it a different way? How about vehemently defending those people who have done nothing wrong? There are those here that seem to think that the problem is Islam and Muslims. I don't think it is unreasonable to point out that Islam/Muslims are not alone in committing atrocities and that "we" do not face a threat from Islam, but we do face a threat from terrorists. If we are going round in circles it is because there is a faction on here who would have us believe that the problem is Islam and not a number of nutters who clearly have no grounded religious beliefs and are prepared to do things that anyone who had a basic shred of decency for his fellow man would not do. The problem doesn't lie with Muslims or Christians or whatever. It lies with the fact that despite it is 2016 and we like to think we are civilised, we are not. If you look past the terrorist news (and I know there are a couple of people who only seem to want to read news about terrorist activities) you will see on a daily basis that there are murders, rapes etc. The vast majority of these acts are not carried out by terrorists yet there is an outrage when a "Muslim" murders or rapes someone and not a word when someone else does. You are more likely to be killed by a non-terrorist than a terrorist but you wouldn't know that to listen to the usual suspects on here. I often wonder why you spend so much time attacking those who attack them? Are you in the camp of Sour Mash and Batman? Islam is not a threat to you and me. Nutters who use a religion as an excuse for their actions are a different matter.

Terrorists apparently from the Bodo people massacred people in a market in India last week. The Bodo are predominantly MUSLIM, with approximately 100% MUSLIM.

corrected it for you. (and anyone who disputes my version is probably just some 'expert', and no-one cares what 'experts' think)

I reckon some of the people on here doing all they can to defend Islam would be doing the same even if their families got butchered in the street.

Did you notice that Moeen Ali won the man of the match award when playing cricket for England last week? Islam doesn't need defending, those that abuse it need to be removed.