Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

So you don't agree with Sharia Law being in operation in this country. Glad we've finally got to the bottom of that.

Are you being deliberately obtuse or is it that you cannot understand the following sentence; "If there are 2 people who agree to settle a domestic dispute by the intervention of a particular third party agent, and both accept the ruling as binding, is there a problem ?".

Are you being deliberately obtuse or is it that you cannot understand the following sentence; "If there are 2 people who agree to settle a domestic dispute by the intervention of a particular third party agent, and both accept the ruling as binding, is there a problem ?".
Well it was a yes or no question, only you know why you choose to avoid answering with either.

Well it was a yes or no question, only you know why you choose to avoid answering with either.

"You're happy to see a parallel legal system operate in the UK, regardless of it discriminating against women.......". If that is simply a 'yes/no' question then the answer would be no - a simple answer to a simple question, easy for you to understand. It CANNOT be allowed to discriminate against women, as that contradicts UK Common Law.

However, I read it as a nuanced question with a conditional answer; I am quite content that Sharia, as with the Jewish religious law, can be applied in circumstances that do not run counter to the broader principles of UK law and social integration. As I stated in an earlier post, any 'parallel' system cannot be seen to be impose upon, over rule, or contradict UK Common Law.

Here is a 'yes/no' question for you - can you understand the above paragraph ?

"You're happy to see a parallel legal system operate in the UK, regardless of it discriminating against women.......". If that is simply a 'yes/no' question then the answer would be no - a simple answer to a simple question, easy for you to understand. It CANNOT be allowed to discriminate against women, as that contradicts UK Common Law.

However, I read it as a nuanced question with a conditional answer; I am quite content that Sharia, as with the Jewish religious law, can be applied in circumstances that do not run counter to the broader principles of UK law and social integration. As I stated in an earlier post, any 'parallel' system cannot be seen to be impose upon, over rule, or contradict UK Common Law.

Here is a 'yes/no' question for you - can you understand the above paragraph ?

Yes. Glad we've finally established you don't want Sharia law in this country.

Good article about the seeming decline of ISIS recruitment. All those who say air strikes are ineffective...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/11/world/middleeast/islamic-state-media-propaganda-isis.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Very interesting article. Particularly this passage:

But as the military campaign by the United States and its allies has shrunk the Islamic State’s turf and killed some of its leaders, it has started to look less like a religious state with a future and more like an eroding terrorist army.

So it appears that the military campaign has been rather successful. Perhaps the "we should be talking and negotiating with them" brigade should look at what has happened here. Once the vast bulk of this cancer has been destroyed then that will be the time for negotiations and combating the ideology. The whole idea of negotiating with isis in the form it took last year is utterly laughable.

Good article about the seeming decline of ISIS recruitment. All those who say air strikes are ineffective...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/11/world/middleeast/islamic-state-media-propaganda-isis.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

It would be interesting to see the evidence that articles with pictures have more weight in a message than text only and also how many text only articles there were.

Huge anti terrorism march in London today. Just walked right by me in picadilly, went on for about 20 minutes and thousands of Muslims carrying flags and banners with "Islam is peace" "I'm a British Muslim I condemn terrorism" id guess at about 10,000 on the march. Good on them.

Huge anti terrorism march in London today. Just walked right by me in picadilly, went on for about 20 minutes and thousands of Muslims carrying flags and banners with "Islam is peace" "I'm a British Muslim I condemn terrorism" id guess at about 10,000 on the march. Good on them.
good news, add to that how syrian refugees reported to German police about a terrorist in their midst

This really annoys me - Not even on the BBC website.

This really annoys me - Not even on the BBC website.

One of the first things I did was check to see if it had been reported anywhere and can't find it at anywhere.

As someone that has critisced Muslims in the past for not condemning their own anywhere near enough what i saw Today was eye opening and made me realise perhaps I was wrong as I would say 10,000 is a consecutive estimate. The march was about 20 people wide and went on for a good 20

Minutes. Lots of flags banners and chanting about British Muslims being anti terror. If this isn't news worthy given the current climate then something is seriously wrong with the Uk media.

Well it was reported and wasn't an anti-terrorism march, just an example of further muslim takeover http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ashura-day-traffic-at-marble-arch-and-oxford-street-brought-to-a-standstill-as-muslims-march-on-holy-a3367501.html

Sod the every day people trying to drive down the road or go about their every day business.

Maybe that wasn't the reason for the match but a good percentage, more than 50% I'd say, were carrying anti terrorism banners. Surely a good thing?

Maybe that wasn't the reason for the match but a good percentage, more than 50% I'd say, were carrying anti terrorism banners. Surely a good thing?
Its a good thing that they're carrying anti-terrorism banners, but the march itself is another good example of the Islamic takeover of parts of our country, the divisive attitude that creates ghettos which has produced so many terrorists, and values their religion over every day British society. Sod people going about their daily business, they want to shout about islam, no matter whether it inconveniences normal people.

And if you watch the video, not even 10% are carrying a banner of any description, let alone an "anti-terrorism" one, so that's just made up.

A few people are also carrying banners stating "men and women are equal in islam" - who believes that's true or even the belief of the majority of muslims?

One of the first things I did was check to see if it had been reported anywhere and can't find it at anywhere.

As someone that has critisced Muslims in the past for not condemning their own anywhere near enough what i saw Today was eye opening and made me realise perhaps I was wrong as I would say 10,000 is a consecutive estimate. The march was about 20 people wide and went on for a good 20

Minutes. Lots of flags banners and chanting about British Muslims being anti terror. If this isn't news worthy given the current climate then something is seriously wrong with the Uk media.

Exactly the same as you - In fact someone posted on this site (Probably this thread) clips of senior UK Muslims condemning the extremists, which was what I thought was really needed and missing - It wasn't missing, it just wasn't reported and this seems to be another case.

Its a good thing that they're carrying anti-terrorism banners, but the march itself is another good example of the Islamic takeover of parts of our country, the divisive attitude that creates ghettos which has produced so many terrorists, and values their religion over every day British society. Sod people going about their daily business, they want to shout about islam, no matter whether it inconveniences normal people.

And if you watch the video, not even 10% are carrying a banner of any description, let alone an "anti-terrorism" one, so that's just made up.

A few people are also carrying banners stating "men and women are equal in islam" - who believes that's true or even the belief of the majority of muslims?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g07S6BCA0tU

Quite a few Anti terrorism banners

Quite a few Anti terrorism banners

That proves my earlier post and is similar to my above link. Above 5 banners in a crowd of thousands. 1% instead of the 50% suggested above. The vast majority there aren't holding a banner of any kind.

Anyway, brilliant news that Oxford Street was brought to a standstill in the middle of a busy day all in the name of Islam. Aren't we "blessed".

The responses are brilliant, only 5 banners apparently :lol:

I stood there in the pub window and watched the whole things and can tell you that there were hundreds, if not thousands of anti terror banners, perhaps my initial 50% was over the top but it was certainly a hell of a lot more than the 1% someone who didn't see it but watched a 30 second clip is claiming :lol:

As for the anti terror march, first off Muslims are slated for not doing enough to condemn ISIS then when they do that's wrong as well because it's stopped people getting across London for an hour. :lol:

The responses are brilliant, only 5 banners apparently :lol:

I stood there in the pub window and watched the whole things and can tell you that there were hundreds, if not thousands of anti terror banners, perhaps my initial 50% was over the top but it was certainly a hell of a lot more than the 1% someone who didn't see it but watched a 30 second clip is claiming :lol:

As for the anti terror march, first off Muslims are slated for not doing enough to condemn ISIS then when they do that's wrong as well because it's stopped people getting across London for an hour. :lol:

The evidence has proved you wrong.

The evidence has proved you wrong.

Laughable

wrong About what?

There was march, there were many, many anti terror banners in a march that went for far, far longer with far more people involved than the short bit of "evidence" you were able to provide. Many people, myself included have criticised Muslims for not doing enough, now they've done it some people are saying that's wrong as well. So what "evidence" has proven me wrong pal?

Laughable

wrong About what?

There was march, there were many, many anti terror banners in a march that went for far, far longer with far more people involved than the short bit of "evidence" you were able to provide. Many people, myself included have criticised Muslims for not doing enough, now they've done it some people are saying that's wrong as well. So what "evidence" has proven me wrong pal?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ashura-day-traffic-at-marble-arch-and-oxford-street-brought-to-a-standstill-as-muslims-march-on-holy-a3367501.html

I'm reading this 3 days later and knew nothing about this march and never would have if I hadn't read about it on here. Disgrace that it wasn't reported on - why not ffs? - but also encouraging to hear about.

So this thread about terrorism in Europe has turned into general Muslim bashing after all. Who would have guessed. There are worse things going on in this country than a bus stopping but its clear what's important to you.

So this thread about terrorism in Europe has turned into general Muslim bashing after all. Who would have guessed. There are worse things going on in this country than a bus stopping but its clear what's important to you.

Don't think it is clearly defined and been going on a long time. Nazi belt buckles even got a mention at some point as did nights out in Maidstone.

Clear is it? Nice to see such judgemental liberals so full of themselves. And as for 'worse things going on in the country' great line of argument. Don't you dare moan about a missed chance in the game you should be thinking of Aleppo.

Why would anyone want this culture spreading across our country?

Does anyone actually think it's a good thing?

• 1 month later...
Why should they?

Exactly. Why should I, and probably you, apologise as white men? That's precisely the point.

People who call on Muslims to condemn violence aren't listening when they do. It's just seen an acceptable way to apportion blame to ordinary Muslims.

Edited by DuncanRG

Exactly. Why should I, and probably you, apologise as white men? That's precisely the point.

People who call on Muslims to condemn violence aren't listening when they do. It's just seen an acceptable way to apportion blame to ordinary Muslims.

What's white got to do with it? I'm talking about a an English guy politically assassinating an English woman. Striking at the heart of the British democracy so beloved by our patriotic EDL types.

What's white got to do with it? I'm talking about a an English guy politically assassinating an English woman. Striking at the heart of the British democracy so beloved by our patriotic EDL types.

I think you've misread my meaning - I'm with you. Ordinary Muslims are no more responsible for extreme political Islam than ordinary white people are for extreme political whiteness, ie neo-Nazism.

• 4 weeks later...

Also the shooting of the Russian Ambassador to Turkey, gunned down by a Policeman-turned-Terrorist.

And the Multiple shooting near the Islamic faith centre in Zurich. I don't care if it was a Christian or Jewish shooter as is being speculated on Social media, It's just as much a terrorist act.

More Europeans will be killed by drunk driving white Christians/atheists this week. I wonder if that will make international news.

I remember when there was that tram crash in Croydon the other week where seven people were killed. I spent the entire day screaming at the television that more people died of lung cancer that day through smoking lung cancer lung cancer lung cancer. Lung cancer didn't make the news that day.

Europe will experience this ever few months now. Not much that can be done about it either.

In many people's eye, including some on here, its a price worth paying for #refugeeswelcome

How many terrorist attacks have refugees committed on British soil recently?