Norwich V Saints Post match despair...

saint lard

Wanyama and Koeman both take the blame for that. Wanyama for making stupid tackles he didn't need to make. And Koeman for not seeing the warning signs that we all saw. Wanyama should of been taken off after he gave that free kick away by our box. He was clearly told no more by the ref. Wanyama lost his head and should be fined for that.

That said there were crap performances all over the pitch. VVD made mistakes that he would be punished for on another day. Our overall marking of players was awful. We lacked ideas and had no pace in attack. Koeman should of made subs at half time or 10 mins into the second half. Not with 10 mins to go.

Clasie and Cuco did alright I thought. JWP was by far our worst player again. The lad needs sending out on loan or back to the u21's. We need so much more from that position and he isn't delivering. Stop flogging the dead horse and give someone else a chance in that role.

4-4-2 = 4-0 win over leaders. Twice 4-2-3-1 both defeats. Not only that but we had loads of meaningless possession. Wanyama misses the cup. Mane could have been sanctioned differently, just handicapped ourselves. Get a bloody finisher FFS, what's to wait for. It's goals that win matches not possession. JWP delivery was appalling. Can't shoot, can't tackle, sells himself give Reed a go instead. Any team that starts with Tadic and Davis as forwards is in deep mire. Not a gram of courage in the pair of them.

I can't see anybody wanting to make an offer for Vic, based on his performances this season. Mane has to be kept - the mistake today was trying to get through the game without him, just to make a disciplinary point.

Wanyama has just a year left on his deal come this summer. He's sat on a new deal for at least 6 months with no intention to sign it. The club won't make an example of him at all - he will get what he wants and that is a move elsewhere. Probably Spurs but people tell me we won't deal with them. He will go make no mistake about it.

I can't see anybody wanting to make an offer for Vic, based on his performances this season. Mane has to be kept - the mistake today was trying to get through the game without him, just to make a disciplinary point.

Yeah let them call the shots that's the solution. Do what they want with fck all consequences

awful, truely awful

we are in a fight to stay up. Make no mistake. With the form we are in, the manager saying we 'may' buy a striker in the window (so nothing imminent then)

and his tactics. we will do well to stay up. That is realism

VvD poor

JWP poor

Long poor

Wanyama very very poor

first time I would post on here but I wonder if RK is set on this job. Few times now made points to Journo's about our ambition and yet again today. he did very little change pretty ovbvious shyte tactics.

Vic was horrendous today and wonder why Koeman is blind to him and he should never have been on the pitch for as long as he was anyway for being obviously crap. But both of his challenges were just stupid and sums him up. His passing was woeful today also and just jogged about for a bit. I will wonder how he can waltz straight back into the side after that

very poor yet again as an attacking threat. but that is no surprise as we have been for ages. barely worked their keeper at all which is not new.

It is like we ripped everything up against arsenal, changed tactics and shape, which worked a fuking treat. Then reverted to type (which is pure relegation form) and we see the same results.

what was worrying today was how RK never looked like changing anything until we went 1-0 down. Not even after vic was sent off.

Mane had to be on the pitch 20 mins earlier than he was

so much for our 'better squad'......

but the first time today, I wonder about RK. was last season a one-off where the pieces fell in place for him (much like ranieri this time) or is he better than what we are seeing.

we will do well to stay up

Agree with bits. It's also pretty much the first time I feel much of the criticism on here aimed at Koeman has been fair. Wanyama should have been off at half time, and Mane should have come on then too. Wanyama needs to go ASAP. If anyone wants him in January, sell him. Head has gone, and he has been very poor this season. I don't think we'll end up in a relegation battle though. We are in a very bad run of form, but we'll improve and pull away - we're still creating chances, we just don't have anyone who can finish.

We need a big clear-out this summer. Davis, Stek (who has been good), Caulker, Ramirez, Wanyama, Pelle out. Cheap, experienced keeper in, a right back, someone to partner Clasie (who I thought played well) in midfield, a wide player (preferably two), and a goal-scorer. Rodriguez returning to fitness and form would be massive.

Wanyama needs seriously disciplined for today and all his performances this season, bar the Arsenal match where he was obviously auditioning.

I understand the anger at Wanyama - but at least he is capable of pulling out a performance like the Arsenal game. On the other hand week after week we have to watch James Ward-Prowse going through the motions, getting opportunity after opportunity and producing so little. I worry less about the players who are out of form or don't want to be here than a guy like Prowsey who says all the right things and tries hard but is never going to contribute much due to his limitations.

I thought we played pretty well to be honest and were in total control up until the Wanyama red card. We passed it better than I have seen for a while and won a lot of second ball. Tadic and Bertrand posed a real threat down the left and Martina, who was strong throughout (showing how weak Soares is) offered great width on the right.

We didn't create loads, but Norwich had a lot of men behind the ball, so not easy. Wanyama will obviously be blamed for the defeat, and boy was it a stupid red, but in addition to that you have to look at the absolutely woeful finishing by Long when one on one with the keeper. At this level you have to be taking those sort of chances. And that's our problem, we just don't have enough quality in the striker department.

Norwich looked a poor side. Maybe we made them look like a poor side, but having done so we need to be winning that game. For me, we should have won the last two games, so it's very frustrating.

Well done Chez, i wish i could have posted that..

Blame for this result lies firmly with Koeman. Zero ambition to try and win the game at 0-0, not taking off the extremely poor Wanyama who'd also been booked.

Team worked hard and played some decent stuff with little cutting edge prior to that but deprived of Mane our creativity was very limited. Criminal that Mane was left sitting on the bench till after they had scored. Tactical ineptiditude.

Good news is that Wanyama is suspended. He's been mediocre for the last couple of months and i'd be happy to see Romeu or Reed given a chance. Ideal world Spurs give us a mammoth offer and we bite their hand off.

Not sure i want to see Koeman given money to spend in January.

I thought we played pretty well to be honest and were in total control up until the Wanyama red card. We passed it better than I have seen for a while and won a lot of second ball. Tadic and Bertrand posed a real threat down the left and Martina, who was strong throughout (showing how weak Soares is) offered great width on the right.

We didn't create loads, but Norwich had a lot of men behind the ball, so not easy. Wanyama will obviously be blamed for the defeat, and boy was it a stupid red, but in addition to that you have to look at the absolutely woeful finishing by Long when one on one with the keeper. At this level you have to be taking those sort of chances. And that's our problem, we just don't have enough quality in the striker department.

Norwich looked a poor side. Maybe we made them look like a poor side, but having done so we need to be winning that game. For me, we should have won the last two games, so it's very frustrating.

Agreed. We were by far the better team, just lacked finishing. Wanyama to blame for this defeat as both those tackles were beyond stupid, and its not the first time. Norwich got very lucky as they were not in the game at all until we were down to 10 men. Deeper analysis not necessary, we were the best team, just having triangle-boots Long up front and brainless Vic meant an undeserved loss.

Yeah Berahino is flying at the moment isn't he? Hopeless though when fans want to support them being lazy feckless cnts

Funny how both he & Wanyama have been ****e this year........And Spuds don't suffer at all!! Shows how players now have too much control.

Hate Tottenham with a passion!

Agree with all of that except that Bertrand wasn't a threat. He got forward very well and worked his socks off, but his delivery was absolutely dreadful. I think Norwich will go down.

Got to question Wanyama's state of mind at the moment. Has been questionable all season (1/2 the player without Morgan next to him) both challenges were needless, poorly timed and stupid. Cost us the game. Maybe RK should have taken him off earlier though.

Window opens Wanyama loses interest Mane loses commitment Koeman loses the plot!

The problem with selling all our players is those remaining expect to go and agents can smell easy money not easy to form a team spirit in these circumstances unless we use academy players and we seem to have run out of good ones too

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

Last six games we have only won one.We have played some very average teams and still can't beat them.

Eg. Villa

Palace

Spuds (didn't impress me)

Wet Spam

and now Narch. RK appears to be blind to the inadequacies of certain players yet continues to play them.I'd sooner take a risk with Harry Reed than Wanyama anytime.

It's not the end of the world as I've been here many times over the past years. We can still turn this around.

Lots of our team failed to impress today but James Ward-Prowse was particularly poor. His corners were awful and he often gave the ball away. Will he ever score from open play?

I am not a big fan by any means, but did he give the ball away often?

Wanyama was careless in the extreme! It does make you wonder if he was trying to make a point! I was hoping we would try to keep him but his actions today tells me that perhaps we are wasting our time trying to persuade him. We need more quality asap. We look powder puff up front. If their is anybody out there not concerned at losing 7 out of 9 then you need to get your heads out of the ferking sand and quick!

Last six games we have only won one.We have played some very average teams and still can't beat them.

Eg. Villa

Palace

Spuds (didn't impress me)

Wet Spam

and now Narch. RK appears to be blind to the inadequacies of certain players yet continues to play them.I'd sooner take a risk with Harry Reed than Wanyama anytime.

It's not the end of the world as I've been here many times over the past years. We can still turn this around.

Our form is bad, but Palace and Spurs are decent sides.

Bit of a shambles at the moment, some of the decisions being made on and off the pitch are awful.

Dropping Mane is ridiculous, there are other ways to prove a point to him without mugging off the travelling by leaving out our best player. We are not good enough to leave out our best players. Joke decision.

God knows what goes through Wanyama's head when making that challenge.

Need to strengthen, the board need to show some ******** and spend. Austin, Byram and Shelvey spring to mind, no gambles from second rate European leagues.

great, our form is fine then. No chance of going down

happy with that

But not going down isn't something that we should really be targetting. The form is poor but then with this manager it's probably as good as can be expected. This is the second time he's dropped Mané over being late, we lost last time as well, Liverpool IIRC. Who suffers from that really, surely not Mané more than any of the others. They all lose their win bonus in the same way. Should have played Mané from the start as planned and just fined him.

Bit of a shambles at the moment, some of the decisions being made on and off the pitch are awful.

Dropping Mane is ridiculous, there are other ways to prove a point to him without mugging off the travelling by leaving out our best player. We are not good enough to leave out our best players. Joke decision.

God knows what goes through Wanyama's head when making that challenge.

Need to strengthen, the board need to show some ******** and spend. Austin, Byram and Shelvey spring to mind, no gambles from second rate European leagues.

The anger directed at the club regarding Mane should be directed at Mane himself - unprofessional.

Change of target - If Long had shown a tad more composure, we might have got something at WHU and won today. Generally, I don't think our play in both of the last 2 games was bad, but in and around the opponent's penalty area we are severely lacking in a killer instinct.

Change of target - If Long had shown a tad more composure, we might have got something at WHU and won today. Generally, I don't think our play in both of the last 2 games was bad, but in and around the opponent's penalty area we are severely lacking in a killer instinct.

We were crying out for a proper finisher in the summer. As our team gets better we require a striker who is less well rounded in other areas and more of a proper finisher given the service.

And got a point at Palace. Sitter in the final minute.

no matter how people try and justify it, long is a long way off from a £12m striker.

The anger directed at the club regarding Mane should be directed at Mane himself - unprofessional.

Yes it was unprofessional but as a fan I don't care if he was late, he needs to be starting games.

There are better ways to deal with it like fining him IMO.

yet another game we should have won; the only plus was Martina, who yet again had a solid game, got forward well and played a superb pass through the defence to Long, who predictably missed the golden chance to score. We need to win a few games on the bounce now otherwise we'll be caught by the clubs that are in the relegation battle.