Norwich V Saints Post match despair...

saint lard

well were in free fall now, just cant come away from games like this without at least minimum a point from dominating the game for large periods and not geting it right once again in front of goal.Its oh i just cant put my finger on it ,thats it frustrating knowing were better but no end result to show for it.Romeu must be kicking himself right now thinking whats he done not to deserve a starting place.Well at least we dont drop down a place next week when Palarse beat us in the cup and no we dont need acup run to distract us from our bloody poor run of results.

Yes it was unprofessional but as a fan I don't care if he was late, he needs to be starting games.

There are better ways to deal with it like fining him IMO.

The players know the rules and know the consequences. If he hadn't turned up late we wouldn't be having this conversation and he would have started - nobody to blame but himself.

I thought we played pretty well to be honest and were in total control up until the Wanyama red card. We passed it better than I have seen for a while and won a lot of second ball. Tadic and Bertrand posed a real threat down the left and Martina, who was strong throughout (showing how weak Soares is) offered great width on the right.

We didn't create loads, but Norwich had a lot of men behind the ball, so not easy. Wanyama will obviously be blamed for the defeat, and boy was it a stupid red, but in addition to that you have to look at the absolutely woeful finishing by Long when one on one with the keeper. At this level you have to be taking those sort of chances. And that's our problem, we just don't have enough quality in the striker department.

Norwich looked a poor side. Maybe we made them look like a poor side, but having done so we need to be winning that game. For me, we should have won the last two games, so it's very frustrating.

Now that I've calmed down a bit, I must admit that there is much in what you say that I agree with. We were the better team until they scored and were particularly effective on the left with Bertrand and Tadic causing them problems. I also concur that Martina acquitted himself well. Once Wanyama had been booked, it seemed almost inevitable that a red card would follow and Koeman ought to brought him off for Reed then. Long might have been more affective playing alongside Mane, but as others have said, it seemed churlish of Koeman to have left him out until the match had slipped away from us, when other sanctions were available as punishment without weakening an already weakened team short of striking options.

Yes it was unprofessional but as a fan I don't care if he was late, he needs to be starting games.

There are better ways to deal with it like fining him IMO.

I agree with this - Wanyama spat his dummy and virtually went on strike back in the summer and yet RK doesn't seem to treat him the same way.

well were in free fall now, just cant come away from games like this without at least minimum a point from dominating the game for large periods and not geting it right once again in front of goal.Its oh i just cant put my finger on it ,thats it frustrating knowing were better but no end result to show for it.Romeu must be kicking himself right now thinking whats he done not to deserve a starting place.Well at least we dont drop down a place next week when Palarse beat us in the cup and no we dont need acup run to distract us from our bloody poor run of results.

Disagree winning breeds confidence how will losing at home next week help us in that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The players know the rules and know the consequences. If he hadn't turned up late we wouldn't be having this conversation and he would have started - nobody to blame but himself.

Then fine him a weeks wages but dropping him to the bench and then bringing him on because we needed him is fairly pathetic management. If RK had balls he would have left him at home.

I agree with this - Wanyama spat his dummy and virtually went on strike back in the summer and yet RK doesn't seem to treat him the same way.

Because however poor he's been, he brings some steel to midfield. Just look how easily Norwich cut through Clasie and JWP for their goal. And yes he has been left out - he missed the first Norwich after his antics in Denmark, despite being 'fit' to play.

One silver lining from the sending off is that we get to see how a Romeu-Clasie partnership fares against what should be a relatively strong palace side.

First half Norwich spurned a couple of very good positions (the 2 on 1 they had after VVD gave it away in particular) to match Long's fluffed chances. We probably edged the first half on possession and Long's 1 on 1 with the keeper, but it was hardly a dominant performance, unless the meaning of 'dominant' has changed significantly over the new year?

We've been a dull, predictable attacking force throughout 2015, barring one or two misleading high points. A better finisher would convert a greater number of the snap-shots and half chances being spurned by Pelle and now Long, but let's not kid ourselves that we're tearing sides apart barring the application of a finishing touch.

Yes, we are in a relegation scrap. Something I warned about months ago and which I was constantly derided over. Now it seems my views are mainstream.

Well complacency is no excuse anymore.

Well done you, after 10 years you are finally nearly half right about something.

Yes, we are in a relegation scrap. Something I warned about months ago and which I was constantly derided over. Now it seems my views are mainstream.

Well complacency is no excuse anymore.

TBH, you predict a relegation scrap before the season kicks off. Every season.

What on earth is going on with Saints? They look slow, can't finish and too many players will play no matter how bad their form has been (Tadic, Wanyama spring to mind) and none of our hungrier, more dynamic younger players get a look in.

Reed showed, in the few minutes he was on, that he will do more for Saints than that c**t Wanyama.

Koeman has been shown up this season - he seems clueless and does not change things when the game is crying out for a change. Why persist with Ramirez if he has no future here - and expect him to change things in the 5 minutes he is on?

Sleepwalking to a relegation battle - and I think the only thing that will save us is that there are some terrible teams this season - even worse than our team.

'Sleeping walking to a relegation battle'. Agree, to coin one of my phrases from earlier in the season.

People have taken a long time to wake up.

Why are we surprised?

Happens regularly now. Wanyama (Arsenal aside) has been rubbish this year. JWP poor, Tadic poor, Fonte poor, Pelle poor, basically the spine of the team.

We have no pace or width, we have players who want to leave, we don't look as fit as we should, we haven't got a leader on the park.

Don't know why, but I something us not right behind the scenes IMHO. Too many signs of unrest.

Getting very worried!

I am not surprised. I called it a long time ago.

Yes except at the time you first called it, it was Hammond, Barnard, Jaidi and Lambert. You've certainly called it right season after season since you've been posting here, you really have, everyone thinks so.

Well, if you mean I am cautious, yes. But I am right, no denying it.

Every post you make says we're going down. There is no need to remind anyone that that is what you think. We could remind you that you've been consistently wrong thus far. And I don't think we're in a relegation battle. Yes, we could get sucked into one, but we're not.

First half Norwich spurned a couple of very good positions (the 2 on 1 they had after VVD gave it away in particular) to match Long's fluffed chances. We probably edged the first half on possession and Long's 1 on 1 with the keeper, but it was hardly a dominant performance, unless the meaning of 'dominant' has changed significantly over the new year?

We've been a dull, predictable attacking force throughout 2015, barring one or two misleading high points. A better finisher would convert a greater number of the snap-shots and half chances being spurned by Pelle and now Long, but let's not kid ourselves that we're tearing sides apart barring the application of a finishing touch.

Agree with this. I was at the match and would say that was about right.

On the way back now. Still pretty annoyed to be honest. Real low point and I would say the first time I'm actually pretty worried for this season. We looked every bit the lower - mid table team today that we are and very few signs of the team we were last season at all.

Mane. If he was late and keoman was sending a threat then fair enough. But we were crying out for him from about 25 minutes. We had nothing in attack at all, which made our missing chances even more annoying, and let's face it, is a massive trend in our matches nowadays.

As always, we did absolutely zero in the second half. Literally nothing at all. It was so poor it was untrue

Wanyama. Get rid. Had enough of him now, and not just on this game alone. He's been pretty naff all season and seems to have so much less of an impact

Stek - 6. Didn't have to do much and no chance for the goal

Martina -6. solid, very unspectacular.

Fonte - 7. Decent game

VVD - 7. handled their big guy well.

Bertrand 8. Probably our best attacking threat

Ward-Prowse - 5. Honestly don't know what he does anymore.

Clasie - 7. Really decent game.

Wanyama - 5. Muppet.

Davis - 6. Really quiet by his standards

Tadic - 6. Pretty anonymous.

Long 6. Tried hard, can't fault him that. No support at all.

Maybe your six-digited, norwich-supporting Mrs can stick a finger up your bum for 'calling' it.

Happy days in the dalek household.

No, I would rather be proven wrong. But, if you like we can all pretend that everything is fine and that it is absurd to think that we could remotely be considered to be in a relegation battle !

The last thing you need when things are like this is a lack of discipline. Wanyama and Mane both need a good dressing down for their respective lack of discipline today. ***ts the pair of them.

Well they both know it's easy to get a move away from this club so the club must take a little of the blame. They both been lining up moves since the summer.

On the way back now. Still pretty annoyed to be honest. Real low point and I would say the first time I'm actually pretty worried for this season. We looked every bit the lower - mid table team today that we are and very few signs of the team we were last season at all.

Mane. If he was late and keoman was sending a threat then fair enough. But we were crying out for him from about 25 minutes. We had nothing in attack at all, which made our missing chances even more annoying, and let's face it, is a massive trend in our matches nowadays.

As always, we did absolutely zero in the second half. Literally nothing at all. It was so poor it was untrue

Wanyama. Get rid. Had enough of him now, and not just on this game alone. He's been pretty naff all season and seems to have so much less of an impact

Stek - 6. Didn't have to do much and no chance for the goal

Martina -6. solid, very unspectacular.

Fonte - 7. Decent game

VVD - 7. handled their big guy well.

Bertrand 8. Probably our best attacking threat

Ward-Prowse - 5. Honestly don't know what he does anymore.

Clasie - 7. Really decent game.

Wanyama - 5. Muppet.

Davis - 6. Really quiet by his standards

Tadic - 6. Pretty anonymous.

Long 6. Tried hard, can't fault him that. No support at all.

Can anyone crack the code ?

79 mins before making a change.

Not as if we were knocking at the door before that. I dont think their keeper made a save in the 2nd half

well... Norwich scored in the 76th minute.. .the ref. has to stop the game in order to being on subs.

I agree with a few others we looked in control until then, but our fault was in front of goal - as usual. We should have gone in 3-0 up at HT.

Long had 3 good chances, van Dijk 3 ....and Bertrand's miss ....was unbelievable. Tadic, Clasie and JWP had good chances saved.

I thought we played pretty well to be honest and were in total control up until the Wanyama red card. We passed it better than I have seen for a while and won a lot of second ball. Tadic and Bertrand posed a real threat down the left and Martina, who was strong throughout (showing how weak Soares is) offered great width on the right.

We didn't create loads, but Norwich had a lot of men behind the ball, so not easy. Wanyama will obviously be blamed for the defeat, and boy was it a stupid red, but in addition to that you have to look at the absolutely woeful finishing by Long when one on one with the keeper. At this level you have to be taking those sort of chances. And that's our problem, we just don't have enough quality in the striker department.

Norwich looked a poor side. Maybe we made them look like a poor side, but having done so we need to be winning that game. For me, we should have won the last two games, so it's very frustrating.

I agree Chez.

We're having one of those spells were not alot goes for us, we not exactly being smashed during our defeats, mostly losing by the odd goal and looking the equal of Man City and Spurs when we played them IMO. We nearly got back to 2 - 2 against city before they got their 3rd and we had a bad 5 mins against Spurs. If we had converted a few more chances and cut out some defensive mistakes the whole situation would be so much better, but you don't get points for being 'nearly' men. and as for the Westham goals u know when the football gods are against you. Today it was definately a mistake to not replace Wanyama after 60 mins with his yellow card and Mane coming on at the same time after serving 60 mins punishment!!

I think that we have the players and manager to be comfortably in the top 8 of the league but the team spirit doesn't seem as good this season which in the past has made the team better then the component players, RK needs to find a way to get the players firing again.

My fear is that losing these winable games gradually saps confidence more and more into a downward spiral which gets increasingly diffucult to pull out from. I was hoping that it had changed after the Arsenal mtch and the 1st half v Westham.

I would also like to see our youngsters being given more of a chance at least on the bench ready to come on as Reed did today, I'm not sure that a succession of relatively cheap foreign players with little allegiance with saints is the way forward whilst blocking progression. This shouldn't be the Southampton Way.

Come on you Saints, next 3 matches at St Marys lets put in Arsenal match performances and turn this season around.

@RonaldKoeman: I tried to explain why I am angry after this defeat! This is not the discipline what we like in the Club to be successful!

He mixes his verb forms, and doesn't understand prepositions. (Suggest he's angry at Wanyama's idiotic behaviour).

Players shouldn't make ridiculous tackles when they're already on a yellow card.:mcinnes: