Man U build up thread

vince

Absolutely. Even now, it is a home game for them and they should be beating us.

There is a reason last year was our first win in 27 years there.

Then again Man U have been pretty poor by their standards of late. With the squad they have they should be beating us. However I would argue the Manchester of the last two years has been the poorest performance wise I've seen in years. I feel something good from this fixture, so here's hoping a repeat of last year!

Don't see why we can't get something from this game if we play like the last two games. Plus Mane will be desperate to do well in his "come and get me game", Long will be desperate to do well to stop Austin taking his place in the team and Austin will be desperate to get a goal if given a chance I reckon we could nick this by a goal.

Vectis saint and toadhall saint may be the worst bit of banter ever, Vectis if you don't get the joke then I guess we're gunna get more of this bot in the training video so must be injured drivel.

Its not really drivel.

If he wasn't training (and there are enough pics to see if he was out on the field), do you reckon he took a holiday day?

Of course he may not train on a Thursday and still be fine to play but there have been loads of times someone has spotted someone missing and they have been genuinely injured.

Its not really drivel.

If he wasn't training (and there are enough pics to see if he was out on the field), do you reckon he took a holiday day?

Of course he may not train on a Thursday and still be fine to play but there have been loads of times someone has spotted someone missing and they have been genuinely injured.

I agree, the chances are that he is not playing if not seen training (unless he was hiding or undergoing secret bionic surgery). The phrase we are looking for is 'the fallacy of the unattributed middle'.

I see the rumor mongers in the media are out in force before a big game again, Koeman wants Chelsea and United want Bertrand! Am I imagining that this quite often happens?

It's annoying whether it's planned or not. Full of momentum after back-to-back home wins and those stories certainly make it feel like some of the wind has been taken out of the sails. Only time will tell..

Two games ago most people here would have agreed with them.

Loads of Utd fans have no confidence and even bookies only have them fractionally odds on. 3 selective quotes from a forum not really worth noting. Utd fan arrogance shocker. Wow

I see the rumor mongers in the media are out in force before a big game again, Koeman wants Chelsea and United want Bertrand! Am I imagining that this quite often happens?

Unless these are Yank journalists, then they are rumour-mongers.

I agree with you that the number of these rumours is unusually high for our club, but I am reliably informed that none of the journos have an agenda to destabilise our club or players.

You may not see it as drivel, but I'm not gunna get worked up that one of our players wasn't seen in some photos by someone, it's especially not worth the arguments in the thread so far XD

Its only you that is worked up about it.

Someone just pointed out that it didn't look like Davis was training two days before a game.

Take it as you wish.

Why would we start playing Long out wide again when he is **** there and on a good run up front?

5-3-2 for me, with Austin on the bench.

Of course, a formation does have a degree of flexibility and can transform into a number of other formations depending on who has possession. Playing a three anywhere on the pitch doesn't necessarily infer that the players to the left or right are playing wide. Neither does it mean that Long cannot run into the box with the ball at his feet or to receive the ball in the box from from a cross such as that made by Targett recently. What it does offer, is the ability for him to track back to protect Cedric or to overlap with him.

Since the success of the strategies of the past two matches, the introduction of Austin gives us almost an embarrassment of choice. Davis should play instead of either Victor or Romeu and both Targett and J W-P have made decent cases for their inclusion. Having them and Pelle on the bench means that we should be able to have a very high degree of flexibility to take account of match injuries, avoiding players being sent off, or strategic changes. We're very strong in midfield and up-front now and CB and to a lesser extent full back are probably the only areas where we are weaker.

Of course, a formation does have a degree of flexibility and can transform into a number of other formations depending on who has possession. Playing a three anywhere on the pitch doesn't necessarily infer that the players to the left or right are playing wide. Neither does it mean that Long cannot run into the box with the ball at his feet or to receive the ball in the box from from a cross such as that made by Targett recently. What it does offer, is the ability for him to track back to protect Cedric or to overlap with him.

Since the success of the strategies of the past two matches, the introduction of Austin gives us almost an embarrassment of choice. Davis should play instead of either Victor or Romeu and both Targett and J W-P have made decent cases for their inclusion. Having them and Pelle on the bench means that we should be able to have a very high degree of flexibility to take account of match injuries, avoiding players being sent off, or strategic changes. We're very strong in midfield and up-front now and CB and to a lesser extent full back are probably the only areas where we are weaker.

Davis doesn't play the same position as Romeo and Vic though he plays as a number 10 almost so that's not the choice.

Davis doesn't play the same position as Romeo and Vic though he plays as a number 10 almost so that's not the choice.

I do know where Davis is most effective and I have consistently championed his qualities. But as the suggestion that he be included was grouped together with the acceptance that Targett and J W-P had also made decent cases for their inclusion too, then obviously the formation would alter to accommodate the strengths (or weaknesses) that any of them would bring to the team.

Stick with the same formation please Ron, Man United don't have any proper full backs - probably Darmian on the right (not the best) and Blind on the left (awful at LB). Get down the wings and into the box.

If the rumours are true and Davis is out I think JWP would be his replacement. I don't think Vic and Romeu would start together, they've played together before and we looked unbalanced. JWP either behind the striker or out on the right, where I believe he's played before and looked half decent. Tadic as super sub to score the winner!

I do know where Davis is most effective and I have consistently championed his qualities. But as the suggestion that he be included was grouped together with the acceptance that Targett and J W-P had also made decent cases for their inclusion too, then obviously the formation would alter to accommodate the strengths (or weaknesses) that any of them would bring to the team.

Great options mate though.

Clasie-awesome last game and doing well.

Romeo-massively improving and started to break into box.

Jwp-scored two goals last game needs to show he can do it more often.

Vic-played well last game. Hopefully signs new contract.

I think targett should play but I'd plump for clasie and Vic just.

Great options mate though.

Clasie-awesome last game and doing well.

Romeo-massively improving and started to break into box.

Jwp-scored two goals last game needs to show he can do it more often.

Vic-played well last game. Hopefully signs new contract.

I think targett should play but I'd plump for clasie and Vic just.

Certainly Koeman has a big selection headache right now. It would appear that Van Gaal has fewer selection options of poorer quality than ours at the moment, despite their big squad of glory-seeker big names. I realise that my judgement might be clouded by rose-tinted glasses, but personally I would not swap our team (or manager) for theirs at the moment.

Big chance to turn things around here, possibility of going 7th and making a real statement for the second half of the season by beating a team who should finish top 4.

Norwich 3-1 up.

If we secure 3 points there's a very good chance we see ourselves 7th tonight.... chickens... hatching ... and all that.

Called that right then. Perhaps an apology from the arsehole on here might be forthcoming, won't hold my breath though.

Big miss, but I have faith that Clasie can do the job, though we may see a lack of pace to some extent without Davo.

Yeah you won't get it.

I think Tadic will play in the Davis role centrally behind Long and Mane, assuming the system remains the same.

Brave decision as the easy option would have been to put JWP in that position.