Jordan Sibley - Your Time Is Up -- RESIGN

pluto

You are clearly out of your depth with the title 'Head of Media' and you should think about moving on for the good of the club. Your position at the club has become untenable following the disasterous handling of allowing Alex Crook and his chums access to Southampton FC. Its very clear that this individual is bad news to the club and looks to damage it any given chance. This buffon is only interested in making money via sensationalism and you Sibley have allowed it to happen. He has even been accused this week of making something up about a player and selling it to the tabloids. You might think its all a bit of fun and laugh behind his back, but i and many other Saints fans think its seriously very damaging to our club.

The original post suggests a massive degree of ignorance at how the media works, and as such the post should be locked and deleted. And probably an apology to Mr Sibley perhaps for the sensationalist response, which I believe is what you are against should be forthcoming!

ha ha dont be daft and i know how the media works.

Whilst it may seem fun to ban a journalist who fabricates stories (or, if not fabricated, is very uninformed - just as bad for a journalist) about Saints I can understand the club letting him get on with it and allowing the public to make up their own mind about his record.

Ultimately the more he gets wrong the more he'll be ridiculed by fans. He'll get paid no matter what so I don't imagine he cares.

Maybe we should have Cat A press conferences?

Also, unless I'm missing something, didn't the Shane Long story come up in the Irish Independent before it even got into the English tabloids?

It was. And Crook did his usual regurgitation for the Mirror which I imagine Sibley just laughs at. Like everyone else.

You are clearly out of your depth with the title 'Head of Media' and you should think about moving on for the good of the club. Your position at the club has become untenable following the disasterous handling of allowing Alex Crook and his chums access to Southampton FC. Its very clear that this individual is bad news to the club and looks to damage it any given chance. This buffon is only interested in making money via sensationalism and you Sibley have allowed it to happen. He has even been accused this week of making something up about a player and selling it to the tabloids. You might think its all a bit of fun and laugh behind his back, but i and many other Saints fans think its seriously very damaging to our club.

Saints to sign Buffon - Alex Crook.

Also, unless I'm missing something, didn't the Shane Long story come up in the Irish Independent before it even got into the English tabloids?

The rumor certainly did come out of Ireland. Crook did his usual and copied/pasted it. Nothing to see here. I imagine our media team just had a bit of a chuckle and moved on.

Strongarm, is that the best defense you can provide for your mentor and guide?

Strongarm, is that the best defense you can provide for your mentor and guide?

Defence for my mentor and guide? Don't quite get that.

The agency that Alex has a stake in gets contracts from national newspapers to find journalists and ensure that the papers have the relevant content, which in turn pays myself (and countless others) to go and report on football matches at other clubs around the south and in London, or to attend press conferences and pick up quotes. He gets a cut for hooking the papers up with the journalists.

I've also worked with many others and a professional football club. Are they all mentors and guides, too?

I've always been pretty transparent about it: yes, I know Alex personally and yes, I once worked alongside him for a grand total of one week.

Now, I write on a freelance basis for agencies, newspapers and websites - one of which is the agency that Alex has a stake in.

My personal opinions on Alex, his style or any stories that have come out in the national press are neither here nor there.

I was just making the point that people saying that Alex entirely manufactured the Long story have, ironically, entirely manufactured it.

Edited by Saint-Armstrong

The agency that Alex has a stake in gets contracts from national newspapers to find journalists and ensure that the papers have the relevant content, which in turn pays myself (and countless others) to go and report on football matches at other clubs around the south and in London, or to attend press conferences and pick up quotes. He gets a cut for hooking the papers up with the journalists.

I've also worked with many others and a professional football club. Are they all mentors and guides, too?

I've always been pretty transparent about it: yes, I know Alex personally and yes, I once worked alongside him for a grand total of one week.

Now, I write on a freelance basis for agencies, newspapers and websites - one of which is the agency that Alex has a stake in.

My personal opinions on Alex, his style or any stories that have come out in the national press are neither here nor there.

I was just making the point that people saying that Alex entirely manufactured the Long story have, ironically, entirely manufactured it.

I just thought in the future when you win William Hill Sports Book of the Year and give your acceptance speech, Crooksy will be at the top of your list of thank yous for giving you your big break in journalism.

As mentioned already, why would the club give him ammunition by banning him so he can make the story about the evil football club stopping the hard-working journalist earning a living?

Much easier to just let him carry on spouting **** which gets proven to be wrong. The world will continue to turn, and nobody will give a **** about some two-bit hack who gets his rare accurate exclusives from the matchday programme.

Oh come on Connor you can't tell us you learnt nothing from Mr Crook!!

From the outside looking in you appear to be the sorcerers apprentice, his mentee, if you are luke he is yoda.

Surely it can't just be coincidence that one of your finest attributes as a budding journalist is a knack of seeing news stories elsewhere then passing it off as your own, something Mr crook also excels in.

As has already been mentioned on here talksports south coast football expert excelled himself at the weekend by tweeting saints not in for Charlie Austin less than 24 hours before he signed. I'm stunned you didn't break this exclusive on here!!

What happened with your shoot Column by the way?!!

Oh come on Connor you can't tell us you learnt nothing from Mr Crook!!

From the outside looking in you appear to be the sorcerers apprentice, his mentee, if you are luke he is yoda.

Surely it can't just be coincidence that one of your finest attributes as a budding journalist is a knack of seeing news stories elsewhere then passing it off as your own, something Mr crook also excels in.

As has already been mentioned on here talksports south coast football expert excelled himself at the weekend by tweeting saints not in for Charlie Austin less than 24 hours before he signed. I'm stunned you didn't break this exclusive on here!!

What happened with your shoot Column by the way?!!

Very good, Richard.

I stopped writing the Shoot column when Yahoo! offered to pay me for it.

You are legitimately unhinged sir.