Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

In talks over Sebastien Haller according to this guy, not sure how reliable but fee expected to be 7-10 million euros

Certainly fits the profile and we have been linked with him for some time. He is a striker though, so unsure what this means for J-Rod. I'm also concerned that his YouTube videos show lots of misses :)

In talks over Sebastien Haller according to this guy, not sure how reliable but fee expected to be 7-10 million euros

Over 6K followers on Twitter and writes for at least 2 Dutch football magazines. More credible than most I would say, but that's not to say that this is gospel.

Bruno Martins Indi spotted on his way to London. Probably not for us, but I'd take him as a CB/LB option.

Not sure why we'd want another CB or LB.

Haller seems very likley from previous links and the price quoted. Looks like a straight replacement for Pelle? I wonder if this will open the exit door for Jay...? (as it would be hard to give Long, Haller, Jay and Austin all the game time they want)

Haller seems very likley from previous links and the price quoted. Looks like a straight replacement for Pelle? I wonder if this will open the exit door for Jay...? (as it would be hard to give Long, Haller, Jay and Austin all the game time they want)

Get Haller in, send Austin to Everton if they're still interested. I don't mind driving him up there if he needs a lift.

Over 6K followers on Twitter and writes for at least 2 Dutch football magazines. More credible than most I would say, but that's not to say that this is gospel.

These three all follow Michiel Jongsma on twitter...

Simon Peach - Saints supporting PA journalist

Ross Wilson - Saints head of scouting & recruitment

Hugo Scheckter - Saints player liaison officer

Was also very ITK when it came to us signing Koeman/Pelle/Tadic etc if I recall

Hugo follows Gourmet Burger Kitchen too, so I think we can read into who they follow.

Michiel Jongsma ‏@JongsmaJongsma

Sébastien Haller is a good point of reference to play from, has good presence, good technique, quite fast too. Bit raw, but great potential.

Michiel Jongsma ‏@JongsmaJongsma

He can drift in and out of games, but at 10 million or under he really worth the gamble for Southampton, I think he can become really good.

Long time lurker here. I've stayed in Utrecht for 5 months during my Erasmus, and have seen several matches in Galgenwaard. I was really sad to see rumors of him going to Norwich last January but thankfully he didn't want to go there. I really hope that he signs with Southampton because he is a really good striker from what I've seen. Strong, physical, fast, powerful in the air and a pretty good finisher (and a wonderful penalty taker if it helps). Can't remember any weaknesses apart from passing, but he can improve his dribbling. I'd really want to see him in Southampton.

He's already scored 3 in 4 this season on top of his 24 in 42 (2015/2016) & 11 in 17 (2014/2015).

At the end of the day, it's another option however it's an option I just don't see fitting into the system we've got. That means we'd have 5 striking options and technically we don't play with an out and out striker/pairing (false 9 (Tadic/Boufal) with 2 wing / inside forwards)

He's already scored 3 in 4 this season on top of his 24 in 42 (2015/2016) & 11 in 17 (2014/2015).

At the end of the day, it's another option however it's an option I just don't see fitting into the system we've got. That means we'd have 5 striking options and technically we don't play with an out and out striker/pairing (false 9 (Tadic/Boufal) with 2 wing / inside forwards)

So he's a more physical version of Austin? He can't link up the play and hold the ball like Pelle did?

Quality?! hmm...I've seen nothing to suggest he is anything but a decent Championship striker.

interesting observation given he's hardly played for us due to injury, and suggests you probably didn't watch him in his 15 goal season for a **** poor QPR in the premier league

I've chatted a lot with him over the years. He's extremely knowledgeable, and is the Guardian podcast's go to Dutch journalist.

If he's saying something, it tends to be accurate.

Bruno Martins Indi spotted on his way to London. Probably not for us, but I'd take him as a CB/LB option.

Available at £6.5m which seems a bit of a bargain, which leads me to think he must be on large wages. But at the right level, would be a good addition.

Because beyond Fonte & VVD, we only have Yoshi or Bertrand out of position so would provide strength in depth, and possible long term replacement for Fonte? Can see him going to Everton.

How do "decent Championship strikers" score 18 Premier League goals for a dreadful QPR relegated team that created few chances for him?

Just my opinion, maybe it is the system we play. it doesn't suit him at all, and he was knackered by half time on Saturday, looked way off the pace.

For me:

- Not quick enough to be a striker to play off the shoulder

- Not strong enough to hold the ball up

- Doesn't work hard enough to force errors from a defence

I'm hoping he improves, but personally I think he is worse than Long and J-Rod in terms of impact, even Redmond looks more dangerous than him and he's not even a striker.

How do "decent Championship strikers" score 18 Premier League goals for a dreadful QPR relegated team that created few chances for him?
He's a very good finisher, but he doesn't offer anything else. How many teams carry a striker that doesn't have an all round game?

Gets said a lot, but plenty have done it for one season and disappeared. How good was his link up play there? What formation did they play?

Maybe he still has it, maybe not. But that season is a while ago now so who knows if he's more Harry Kane than Kevin Doyle.

It was only the season before last, 14/15. Since then he's been largely injured but still scored about 6 in 10 for QPR last season aswell, albeit in the championship. Shall we write Jay off as being **** too seeing as he hasn't scored regularly for over 2 seasons now?

Because he was offering an opinion on now, not then. Perhaps he's wrong, but we haven't seen a lot from him yet.

Also, source and stats for the QPR not creating many chances for him that season????

Don't bother, he won't go against anything the club do.

The one Dutch fan who has commented about him on here said he was decent to be fair.

That would be the fan who went to Holland for his/her Erasmus. That would ignore the previous posts made by other Dutch Saints fans who have commented on him. Very possibly in this very thread.

Must do better.

The one Dutch fan who has commented about him on here said he was decent to be fair.

Think a couple were saying they wasnt impressed with him last week and that ziyech was the one that coluld cut it in the prem. . Was hopin we would have gone for a marqee striker like lorenzo insigne, think even remy could have been good for us,pacy strikers would fit the diamond better

you really excited by someone who is decent at best in the dutch league at the expense of a striker who we already have?

serious question.

Not remotely, never said I was, was just going from the comment I saw about him earlier.

would you be excited by this player at the expense of Long/Austin/Rodriguez?

I don't know anything about him so no idea I will wait and see what they are like first before slaughtering them maybe worth you trying that

Jayrod was awful pre season but good cameo 15 minutes on Saturday.

Austin in this formation is wasted - Long looks knackered are you happy to risk those 3?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk