Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Reading the last few pages of this thread, and to be honest most threads, it's just the same sad sods *****ing at each other rather than any football discussion.

Makes me embarrassed to associate with you as Saints fans. It's not even differences of opinion, just personal insults. Maybe you need a Fight Club thread devoid of any football talk?

Been months since I've been on here, and it's got worse. Does the point-scoring help you sleep at night? Bye.

And you're just as bad. You really do follow people around the forum continually posting the same thing over and over again and then complaining that others do just that! As if people want to read that stuff for the 50th time.

Oh dear, you are a bit upset are`nt you... :(

Poor love

I never learn.....I came on here for any transfer news/gossip....sholdaa have known better....Nothing changes....

Check the Deadline Day thread at the top mate. There's probably still b*tching on there, but there's a fair amount of transfer chat on there.

Reading the last few pages of this thread, and to be honest most threads, it's just the same sad sods *****ing at each other rather than any football discussion.

Makes me embarrassed to associate with you as Saints fans. It's not even differences of opinion, just personal insults. Maybe you need a Fight Club thread devoid of any football talk?

Been months since I've been on here, and it's got worse. Does the point-scoring help you sleep at night? Bye.

Well said Sir!:toppa:

What, a new back up right back not getting your deadline day juices flowing?

Really feel we should be going for one or two more to strengthen from last year. The teams around us have clearly strengthened and with us it's up for debate. Still hoping for a nice surprise before 11 though.

• 5 months later...
Why do we have to leave transfers to the last minute, when there are several months to sort them out? It might save a bit on the summer wage bill, but it's like saying the pre-season training programme is irrelevant as any player can just walk in at the last minute and play as well as the ones who had the club's pre-season preparation. The club has got lots of money from the sales of Wanyama, Mane and Pelle, not to mention the 100 miillion plus PL money and our first Premier League game is in 2 weeks' time and if you believe the club's hype, 'the Black Box' is supposed to have our targets lined up months, if not years, in advance.

Why do we? Is it just lack of advance planning?

• 4 weeks later...
Gabbiadini linked with Liverpool on the BBC rumour page

LOL

Hardly.

Liverpool fans are hopeful they will sign Southampton's Manolo Gabbiadini, 25, after the striker scored two goals against Manchester United in the EFL Cup final. (Talksport)

Hardly.

Liverpool fans are hopeful they will sign Southampton's Manolo Gabbiadini, 25, after the striker scored two goals against Manchester United in the EFL Cup final. (Talksport)

JFC.

A nobody on Twitter makes a standard joke about a Saints player and Liverpool and it makes it into the gossip pages.

New goalkeeper a priority

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Generally supportive of Fraser, but yesterday was the first time I thought to myself does he actually make saves that aren't right in front of him. Not sure if he's always been like this though, or is he just down on confidence?

Would assume Januzaj will be available come summer if this really is the year we lose Sunderland. At the right price and wages he would be a decent replacement for Isgrove.

I think he's garbage to be honest, given the amount of money he'd want. Man Utd would probably want 10-15m for him.

Watching him against us made me cringe.

I think he's garbage to be honest, given the amount of money he'd want. Man Utd would probably want 10-15m for him.

Watching him against us made me cringe.

Can't see Utd asking for anything like that and I certainly wouldn't pay it. I wouldn't want him as a starter but as an option off the bench and starting cup games, he could be handy.