Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

For the Ziyech watchers amongst you: there's panic in Amsterdam as Ajax plays really awful and already lost 5 points in the league and didn't qualify for the CL so now they decided to go for Ziyech where they didn't want him at first because they have some talents from the youth coming in next season. As Ziyech is a very proud person (he chose to play for Morrocco as the stupid Danny Blind didn't contact him fast enough to play for Holland) it remains to be seen if this transfer will happen. Rumour is also that Ziyech already personally agreed with Advocaat to choose for Fenerbahce. Just another few days before things will be clear...

Been looking for defensive midfielders for us. What is your opinion on Jorrit Hendrix? You have probably seen more of him than me.

Could the player rumoured for 10 mill be Ignacio Camacho, defensive midfielder from Malaga?

He's rumoured to be available for that price, but heavily linked with West Brom.. however I feel he is too good for a club like them myself and we could easily get in ahead of them if we offered the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could the player rumoured for 10 mill be Ignacio Camacho, defensive midfielder from Malaga?

He's rumoured to be available for that price, but heavily linked with West Brom.. however I feel he is too good for a club like them myself and we could easily get in ahead of them if we offered the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to WBA for around £15m by all accounts.

I honestly don't see us signing another central midfielder.

If we make another signing, it will be another striker/attacker or a RB (depending on the Cuco situation)

If we make another signing, it will be another striker/attacker or a RB (depending on the Cuco situation)

If we sign another forward we will have 7 for 3 starting places (Boufal, Tadic, Redmond, Long, Austin, Rodriguez)

With Reed possibly going on loan we will have 5 players for 3 places (Romeu, Hojbjerg, Davis, Clasie, JWP)

IMO our weakest link is now at DM, surely it makes more sense to sign one since we are lacking in quality and possibly quantity with Reed on loan?

I feel we need another ITK hint just to give us a clue where we are looking.

OK, so do we have no idea who we might be signing and in what position?? Could anyone summarise the possibilities by any chance?

I will start it off, but maybe others can add to this to give us a clearer picture?

So...

CB: Jason Denayer, Ruben Samedo

RB: Calum Chambers, Kieran Trippier

CM: Stefano Sturaro, Franck Kessie

AM: Riccardo Saponara, Solly March, Hakim Ziyech

CF: Manolo Gabbiadini, Valere Germain, Ademola Lookman, Saido Berahino

Who else have we been linked with that could be possibilities?

So Guan says no one else incoming (unless I've misinterpreted). Question for posters like CB Fry, is it still "obvious" that there's an incoming? I'm now convinced our business is done. Disappointed and let down if so.

Yes it is still obvious. Hopefully you now have the shred of evidence you required.

OK, so do we have no idea who we might be signing and in what position?? Could anyone summarise the possibilities by any chance?

I will start it off, but maybe others can add to this to give us a clearer picture?

So...

Denayer of Saponara would both be spot on. Outstanding window if we could get those too (however unlikely!)

Yes it is still obvious. Hopefully you now have the shred of evidence you required.

So nice of you to take the time and quote that so you could gloat. Pathetic really.

I bow to your superior insight.

So...

Chambers has as good as gone to Boro. Also recently linked with a left back (I forget his name but I'm sure I read a link about one) and Haller.

Good names on that list (and one or two I hadn't even heard us linked with!). Denayer and VVD know each other's games - after Fonte that'd be a great partnership for years. Or until a big club swoop. Trippier would only come as first choice IMO, I think we've shown with the Cedric contract who we think is first choice in that role. Saponara has decent stats, people have been talking about Ziyech all summer, and I still think Berahino would be a good signing at the right price. He could be as good as Defoe if he winds his neck in and concentrates on his game.

So nice of you to take the time and quote that so you could gloat. Pathetic really.

I bow to your superior insight.

So it's OK for u to mention him in your question. But when he replies somewhat showing u up u don't like it.

Jeez this place gets worse by the minute

So...

Franck Kessie would be interesting, though I rather suspect any late transfer we happen to make in that area is going to be more of a starter. This lad has big potential and fits our profile to a tee.

However, I can just see the reaction if he is the only one signed in the next 2 days.

Franck Kessie would be interesting, though I rather suspect any late transfer we happen to make in that area is going to be more of a starter. This lad has big potential and fits our profile to a tee.

However, I can just see the reaction if he is the only one signed in the next 2 days.

I don't think we'll sign any before the deadline. Business done.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Signed a new contract 10 days ago.

Another to add to the list is Thomas Partey from Atlético. We were linked earlier in the summer and has been left out of the matchday squads so far despite playing very well in preseason.

Bakayoko from Monaco is another we were linked with although I'm not sure if they would be willing to sell.

I don't think we'll sign any before the deadline. Business done.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for the 3rd signing le Goddard said we were looking to complete. Taylor was the uninspiring one he mentioned, plus boufal.

Initially thought this would be a striker, but I'm pleased Jay is looking better & fitter, meaning he'll hopefully stay and not go on loan.

Makes no sense. They u turned on keeping Rodriguez because they swigned Boufal, who they would have been confident was going to sign when they originally made the decision to not loan JRod out after all, whch itself was a u-turn.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3764115/Sunderland-s-striker-search-goes-David-Moyes-fails-bids-Danny-Ings-Jay-Rodriguez.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

according to this, Sunderland were also interested and also willing to pay a 2m loan fee, but got told no because we told them he is staying.

I do wonder if there will be a major deadline day signing. We've done it over the last couple of years.

Boufal seems like the main guy though, so perhaps I'll be in for disappointment expecting another.

I'd expect a few fringe/younger players to move on though: Hesketh, Reed?

I do wonder if there will be a major deadline day signing. We've done it over the last couple of years.

Boufal seems like the main guy though, so perhaps I'll be in for disappointment expecting another.

I'd expect a few fringe/younger players to move on though: Hesketh, Reed?

Reed needs a Championship season on loan for sure.

Anyone who wouldn't want Wilshere here has a screw loose.

He has averaged less than 17 games in his last 4 seasons with almost 30% of those substitute appearances. The guy is a crock with a poor attitude. I still can't understand the massive hype around him even up to the euros. He has done nothing of note in years.

Not sure we'll get Saponara to be honest. He was probably just an alternative we looked at when we were pushing forward with Boufal.

Don't think we'll sign Saponara either but don't think he and Boufal should be an either/or. Saponara looks a bit more of a solid MF, wheras Bofal I imagine is more speed and perhaps playing wider.

On Riccardo Saponara:

http://www.tuttobolognaweb.it/news/southampton-su-saponara/?refresh_ce-cp

"

Only two days at the end of the market but Riccardo Saponara can still change jersey. In the last hours as reported by Sport Mediaset has become the insistent pressure of Southampton who has taken concrete steps to bring the attacking midfielder in the Premier . The player also like Bologna , Torino and Sassuolo but when the Saints are in pole position ."

On Riccardo Saponara:

http://www.tuttobolognaweb.it/news/southampton-su-saponara/?refresh_ce-cp

"

Only two days at the end of the market but Riccardo Saponara can still change jersey. In the last hours as reported by Sport Mediaset has become the insistent pressure of Southampton who has taken concrete steps to bring the attacking midfielder in the Premier . The player also like Bologna , Torino and Sassuolo but when the Saints are in pole position ."

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/108/Tournaments/5/Seasons/5970/Stages/12770/PlayerStatistics/Italy-Serie-A-2015-2016

11 assists in 33 games for a side that didn't score that many goals last season. Only Pjanic and Pogba got more with 12 a piece.

If there is the slightest chance Wilshire would come to us we have to get him. If stays fit would be the perfect link up for the forwards.

If my aunt had a penis...

He has never stayed fit, he's had bad injury problems his whole career. The fact that Arsenal are willing to let him leave on loan suggests they don't expect much from him this season either. We have Hojbjerg and we won't be signing Wilshere. We sign players when they are needed, not just because they are good and available.

If my aunt had a penis...

He has never stayed fit, he's had bad injury problems his whole career. The fact that Arsenal are willing to let him leave on loan suggests they don't expect much from him this season either. We have Hojbjerg and we won't be signing Wilshere. We sign players when they are needed, not just because they are good and available.

Yeah I get that. Be a nice squad booster though. When fit he would be first choice for most teams in the prem. I know, I know, your transgender aunt...

So...

You can remove Ziyech from your list, he signed a 5-year contract with Ajax. Remarkable, there were foreign clubs like Swansea and Sunderland willing to pay a hell of lot more (including wages) but Ziyech preferred to stay in Holland and earn a lot less. There still are a few aficionados who love the game more than they like money. Though I reckon Ajax will sell him in two or three years time for at least 25 million to a big club...

I'd take Wilshere, injury problems aside he's a cut above anyone else we have. Of course he'd be a gamble, but that is the whole point, a fully fit Wilshere would be no where near a side like ours because he is far too good.

He's also work brilliantly in the current formation because he links the play so well, Romeu holding with Wilshere and Hojberg either side, Boufal buzzing around in front of them. That set up would be excellent in the transition.

Anyone who wouldn't take Wilshere needs their head examining IMO.

Le Goddard said we were after someone around the £10 million mark, this Saponara fits, though a striker could be the other option.

But I have a feeling we are looking to play Boufal up front, with a number 10 behind him.

I'd take Wilshere, injury problems aside he's a cut above anyone else we have. Of course he'd be a gamble, but that is the whole point, a fully fit Wilshere would be no where near a side like ours because he is far too good.

He's also work brilliantly in the current formation because he links the play so well, Romeu holding with Wilshere and Hojberg either side, Boufal buzzing around in front of them. That set up would be excellent in the transition.

Anyone who wouldn't take Wilshere needs their head examining IMO.

Le Goddard said we were after someone around the £10 million mark, this Saponara fits, though a striker could be the other option.

But I have a feeling we are looking to play Boufal up front, with a number 10 behind him.

Agreed, we should be in for him. But we won't be and he will end up at Stoke.

We're clearly needing another option other than Romeu at the bottom of diamond, if we're going to persist with it I would like us to go all out to get William Carvalho

Agree with this 100% and there was an article in the Express the other day about us being linked with Carvalho. He would be on my shopping list.

It makes no business sense to get Wilshere on loan as the questionably tangible benefits (a more competitive squad for one season only? He's constantly injured, how realistic is he going to play consistently, and what impact will he have on the dressing room?) are outweighed by the long term consequences: we would displace a current first XI starter therefore disrupting their development and future value etc.; we would assist Arsenal in having a player match-fit for next season; and we would take a non-returnable hit on the finances.

Just no. If we had a shortfall of players in the middle of the pack, could negotiate an unrealistic wage drop for Jack, and establish a laughably low first-dibs to buy next deal for the end of the season, then just perhaps there may be a case - but none of these are even in the realms of being possible, so again, no.

Yes please.

Could see him playing well in the diamond and would love to sign him up. With our reputation for developing players, the supposed Puel/Wenger links and the extra European games this season we might be a good fit despite him being a rather un-saint-like signing.