Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I think to get some perspective on the fee before everyone is expecting him to be harry potter with a football we have to remember the following transfers have been done this window for comparision and there are plenty more for around the same fee I've missed.

92 Mil - Midfielder - Pog - Man U

47 Mil - Defender - Stones - City

42 Mil - Winger - Sane - City

38 Mil -Defenive Midfielder - Xhaka - Arse

36 Mil - Midfielder - Mkhitaryan Man U

35 Mil - Attacker - Mane - Southampton B

33 Mil - Defender - Bailley - Man U

31 Mil Defensive Midfielder - Kante - Chel

27 Mil - Striker - Jesus - City Loaned back to Brazil

26 Mil - Striker - Benteke - Palarse

25 Mil - Winger - Bolaise - Southampton C

23 Mil - Midfielder - Gugodan - City

21 Mil - Winger/Mid - Boufal - Us

20 Mil - Winger - Ayew - Wet Spam

18 Mil - Striker - Janssen - Southampton A

Just had a tweet from Ziyech it read ik weet het niet which Google translated it is I do not know. I tweeted @hakimmziyech and Tadic would be amazing for Southampton,

So that's as clear as mud, not sure what that means maybe him and Tadic don't get on or he sent me a tweet by accident and it has nothing to do with the tweet I sent.

Pretty cool to get a Tweet though my best so far was a like from Rob Wriggle

That's pretty cool SB but it looks Ziyech has been instructed to tell everyone he doesn't know anything at all, wether it's a fan or a journalist... :lol:

Maybe you should twitter him: luister niet naar die klootzak van een zaakwaarnemer maar naar je hart. That might get you a better answer.

On the basis of two good players per position this is how I see the squad at the moment;

GK.......Forster McCarthy

LB........Bertrand Targett

RB.......Cedric Pied (Martina to leave)

CB 1.....Fonte Yoshida

CB 2.....VVD Gardos/Stephens (but I'm really not comfortable with those two!!)

DM.......Romeu Hojbjerg

LM........Hojbjerg JWP

RM........Davis Clasie (Reed the 6th option!)

AM........Boufal (hopefully!) Tadic

LF..........Redmond JRod

RF..........Austin Long

So if JRod does go on loan we need another forward or if Boufal is actually seen as that, then another AM. And as I see it we then need a 3rd/4th choice CB who is better than Maya! Imagine a scenario where both Fonte and VVD are out for a few weeks......very scary!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the basis of two good players per position this is how I see the squad at the moment;

GK.......Forster McCarthy

LB........Bertrand Targett

RB.......Cedric Pied (Martina to leave)

CB 1.....Fonte Yoshida

CB 2.....VVD Gardos/Stephens (but I'm really not comfortable with those two!!)

DM.......Romeu Hojbjerg

LM........Hojbjerg JWP

RM........Davis Clasie (Reed the 6th option!)

AM........Boufal (hopefully!) Tadic

LF..........Redmond JRod

RF..........Austin Long

So if JRod does go on loan we need another forward or if Boufal is actually seen as that, then another AM. And as I see it we then need a 3rd/4th choice CB who is better than Maya! Imagine a scenario where both Fonte and VVD are out for a few weeks......very scary!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who is signing Martina?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Surely it's going to be a diamond?

Forster

Cedric VVD Fonte Bertrand

Romeu

Hojberg tadic

Boufal

Long redmond

Looks incredibly light in midfield if we go with Tadic as one of the 3 defensive players.

Which makes you wonder. If the diamond continues, and Boufal takes the No. 10, where does that leave Tadic? Really think we need a formation that keeps them both on the field, which is why so many on here are stubbornly continuing to provide a 4-2-3-1, because, well, it appears to suit the squad we got.

------------Forster-------------

Cedric--Fonte--VvD--Bertrand

------Romeu-----Holjberg-----

--Redmond---Boufal---Tadic--

--------Long or Austin---------

to me, that is our strongest line-up. There is no clear cut striker first choice IMO: Long or Austin, but either could be placed here.

second team:

------------McCarthy-------------

Pied--Yoshida--Gardos--Targett

--------Reed-----JWP------------

--?????---Davis---JRod---------

--------Long or Austin-----------

Why he was MOM several times last season- covered Wanyama to great effect in many games.

Had a bad 20 mins against Watford and now he is poor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't mom several times at all. However, never played that level in his career, let's see if he can keep it up.

What happened today is you ballsed up your first big objective of the season.

Thought it last season but can see Bilic leaving early. Really like him but seems capable of imploding and picking incredibly crp teams at times.

Wrong thread - I saw someone else ask somewhere is this the thread to laugh at West Ham? Now here was that?

Edited by whelk

Which makes you wonder. If the diamond continues, and Boufal takes the No. 10, where does that leave Tadic? Really think we need a formation that keeps them both on the field, which is why so many on here are stubbornly continuing to provide a 4-2-3-1, because, well, it appears to suit the squad we got.

------------Forster-------------

Cedric--Fonte--VvD--Bertrand

------Romeu-----Holjberg-----

--Redmond---Boufal---Tadic--

--------Long or Austin---------

to me, that is our strongest line-up. There is no clear cut striker first choice IMO: Long or Austin, but either could be placed here.

I don't see as well how we could place both Tadic and Boufal in the 4-4-2 diamond system. The only way would be putting either Tadic or Boufal as one of the two strikers, otherwise one of the two would have to do a lot of defensive work which aren't their strongest qualities.

It will be interesting to see but I think it would be a shame if Tadic would end up on the bench. All tho you kinda could say the same when it comes to Long and Austin.

Funny tho how a system is able to make such a big difference

Bas Dost to Sporting Portugal. We can scrap him off the list (if he was on it in the first place).

Does this instigate the move away from Sporting for Slimani? (WBA were interested) and would that then open up the door for Berahino? Ahhh, so much is going to happen.

Tadic is going to be quite annoyed as he just signed a new deal. He won't have expected to be straight on the bench!

Doubt if he would be. I'd expect Tadic to carry on playing in the Number 10 role. Boufal is a tricky winger (more of a Hazard/Mahrez type). Think he'd be ideally suited to one of the split striker roles and that's why we've got him. Would envisage Tadic at the top of the diamond with two out of Boufal, Long and Redmond playing as the split strikers. Boufal could deputise in the No 10 role if Tadic gets injured or loses form. Will get really interesting if we sign Stanciu as well.

I think to get some perspective on the fee before everyone is expecting him to be harry potter with a football we have to remember the following transfers have been done this window for comparision and there are plenty more for around the same fee I've missed.

92 Mil - Midfielder - Pog - Man U

47 Mil - Defender - Stones - City

42 Mil - Winger - Sane - City

38 Mil -Defenive Midfielder - Xhaka - Arse

36 Mil - Midfielder - Mkhitaryan Man U

35 Mil - Attacker - Mane - Southampton B

33 Mil - Defender - Bailley - Man U

31 Mil Defensive Midfielder - Kante - Chel

27 Mil - Striker - Jesus - City Loaned back to Brazil

26 Mil - Striker - Benteke - Palarse

25 Mil - Winger - Bolaise - Southampton C

23 Mil - Midfielder - Gugodan - City

21 Mil - Winger/Mid - Boufal - Us

20 Mil - Winger - Ayew - Wet Spam

18 Mil - Striker - Janssen - Southampton A

Where did you get those figures from?

Mkhitaryan transfer fee was £26.3m by all accounts I've seen.

Does this instigate the move away from Sporting for Slimani? (WBA were interested) and would that then open up the door for Berahino? Ahhh, so much is going to happen.

Yeah, I'm convinced he will end up at Stoke. I think it's telling Stoke have barely been linked with any other striker this window. (I would still LOVE Berahino here though).

I reckon we might end up with Haller.

Edited by SuperSAINT

Sporting Anderlecht ‏@Sporting_AND

Steaua owner Gigi Becali confirms that Anderlecht representatives will travel to Bucharest tomorrow to negotiate a deal for Stanciu. #RSCA

Sporting Anderlecht ‏@Sporting_AND

Becali also confirmed Anderlecht have made a €7m bid (+ €2m in bonuses). #RSCA #Steaua #Stanciu [Fanatik]

Must say stanciu looks a complete bargain. Looks to have a lot of end product to his game and it seems he is the highest rated Romanian since Hagi

Shame in a way if we don't pick him up even if we will be a bit overloaded for number 10s

Don't see it happening. But he does look very impressive.

I think the next one in will be a striker.

Malli is through ITK close to club- think it is a backup option though

Backup to Boufal or backup to the other signing? Because if he is backup to someone who is even better then... Saintsweb needs more smilies, I wanted a party smily.