Poor old Spiderman.

SOTONS EAST SIDE

He is also **** to a Manc supporting friend of mine who thinks he has been a complete waste of money.

Whilst I have no sympathy for Morgan himself given his hissy fit 12 months before he left and the fact that he is a multi millionaire, what an absolute shame it is that a player so clearly talented and great for us has become a benchwarming squad player, destined to float from club to club without really fulfilling their true potential and leaving fans with the opinion that you're ****. Even worse when you consider Fellaini can get in the team ahead of him.

If the guy had any class he'd request a move somewhere he can actually get first team football.

He's not as good as some on here make out , and no that's not because he left us .

Sometimes it's the " perfect storm",a player is at a club that's perfect for him . Maybe he hasn't got the balls or confidence to play at a big club , maybe being a big fish at little old Southampton suited him perfectly. He was a good player for us , but it's happened before & it'll happen again .

Talk of Arsenal or Spurs is laughable , he won't play any more games for them than he does for Jose .

My concern is the message it would send the others in the team.

'Hey, if you want to risk going to a big team, off you go and fill your boots. If it don't work, don't wiorry, you can come back to us, anytime you like, on better pay and conditions, and don't worry about the rest of the team, they don't matter and we couldn't give two figs about their loyalty.'

And how long before he's off again?

Nah. I would prefer if we found someone new to fill the spot, if we need it. A few months ago I might have felt different but not now.

Feel exactly the same. Lord D summed it up with his 'perfect storm' analogy. His perfect storm's over, he's not the same Morgan anymore and we've moved on ...... we're not the same beast as 2 years ago.

He's probably played the same amount of football as JRod this year and I'd be surprised if his confidence isn't shot to bits now. That perfect storm is history now.

Nevertheless I'd expect him to abandon the PL for the time being and move to Spain although there is some rumour about him signing at Marseille for a while. Think Garcia is a sort of admirer and he needs to rebuild the side.

The benches in PSGs dugout are top notch apparently, thick padded upholstery guaranteed never to numb the arse !! Could be a good move for him :wave:

#itsalwaysbeenmorgansdream

Edit. Just wanted to add, I don't believe for one minute he moved to united for the money or that he's happy to not play as long as he's getting top dollar for it.

Edited by New Forest Steve

It is a situation where he had to leave to find out how good what he had was. Sadly it is now too late to go back. I don't much care what the view of a Manc supporter is. We have seen a lot more of him than he has and he is a class player whose talent is being wasted by the mess that is Man U. I would would have him back but he is more likely to go elsewhere - not in the premiership I hope

I loved him as player but think he's a bit of a knob frankly. He's spent his whole career to get his big move and once he got it I think he lost his edge. I question his motivation, although i also don't think his game is particularly suited to playing for a big team.

He's not playing in the league and not playing for his country but I don't see any tweets spouting off about it. Funny that

I loved him as player but think he's a bit of a knob frankly. He's spent his whole career to get his big move and once he got it I think he lost his edge. I question his motivation, although i also don't think his game is particularly suited to playing for a big team.

He's not playing in the league and not playing for his country but I don't see any tweets spouting off about it. Funny that

The Twitter persona was an interesting one. extremely low key with Saints, preferred to big up the French caps he won whilst with us and never really mentioned the club. Since the move to Man U it's very much Mr Man U, Mr Red Devil, lots of fawning over 'club legends' and so on. His profile picture will undoubtedly feature an antique dugout when he moves to Everton. Good player for us, but certainly a legend in his own lunchtime - not always a bad thing for a pro athlete but the bar is set high!

Why are players that leave us for higher wages 'money grabbers' yet players who sign for us for higher wages than their current clubs not? Are there threads on the Salzburg, Twente, and Feyenoord forums berating Mane, Tadic, and Claise as money grabbers for joining us? All seems hypocritical to me but re-writing history and saying all players who've left us were actually gash seems to be the Saintsweb way.

It's got nothing to do with him being a money grabber. He got what he wanted, a move to a bigger club for better pay,conditions and european football, as they don't want to try and get that with us. So be it. But it hasn't necessarily worked out, so tough. We have moved on and there isn't a place here anymore. So either leave for another club, and see how that helps, sit on your arse earning millions and never playing again.

Just saw what others were getting and wanted a lick of the brass ring for himself.

As someone commented above, it all depends whether Jose stays at Man Utd. His comments about being frustrated at living out of a hotel and missing his family indicate he - and his family - need to make a decision. Either his family move up to Manchester area (Cheshire) or he accepts this isn't going to work out long term and quits/takes compensation for loss of office. If a new manager comes in, he may see Morgan as first choice. If Jose is staying on, then MS needs to move on.

Unless Jose massively mucks up, I can't see him going, I mean who would Utd go to then?, no one is going to do any better. I'd reckon he's got two seasons to at least look like title challengers, if they aren't there and still bumbling along around 4-6th, then they'll sack him like Van Gal, but not this season.

So Morgan should go, I'd totally have him back because he's a quality player and with Romeu playing so well he'd be able to slot in the Clasie or Davis role. But I'd reckon he's going to go to an Everton or West Ham.

Another 'grass isn't always greener story' though that makes this club look good, a lot of our leavers who move on for expected better things have not done as well (aside financially) as they probably expected.

Not sure I get the love in with Schniederlin. He threw his toys out as bad as any of the defectors. We have moved on and the last time I saw him play (fa cup final) he certainly wouldnt be replaceing rom, classie or davis in my saints 1st team

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

No he didn't. He wanted to leave but we came to a respectful gentleman's agreement to give him another season. When he did eventually head, he left with both parties wishing one another the best.

It's got nothing to do with him being a money grabber. He got what he wanted, a move to a bigger club for better pay,conditions and european football, as they don't want to try and get that with us. So be it. But it hasn't necessarily worked out, so tough. We have moved on and there isn't a place here anymore. So either leave for another club, and see how that helps, sit on your arse earning millions and never playing again.

Just saw what others were getting and wanted a lick of the brass ring for himself.

Sitting on your arse earning millions doesn't sound like a hardship.

No he didn't. He wanted to leave but we came to a respectful gentleman's agreement to give him another season. When he did eventually head, he left with both parties wishing one another the best.

How on earth do you know what agreement was made? And as far as gentlemen's agreements go, it needs to have gentlemen to uphold them and there is a dire paucity of them in football.

How on earth do you know what agreement was made? And as far as gentlemen's agreements go, it needs to have gentlemen to uphold them and there is a dire paucity of them in football.

One of the main reasons he knuckled down in his last season is the French national team manager advised him that staying at Southampton for one more year would be much better for his international prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk