Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

So he doesn't have a £25m release clause? Phew!!!

It's £26m then? £30m? Regardless of how much his release clause is we know Les "Del Boy" Reed will sell as soon as a £30m+ offer comes in.

The club will tell us it's a "record fee" and we will all speculate but ultimately hang on to the word of the journalist that speculates the highest fee (It was £32m no it was £52m, no definitely £41m)

The transfer fee recieved will ultimately just vanish to "pay debts" or "you don't understand FFP" we will say "we improve every year but you know 2016/17 doesn't count as this was a transition year and nobody expected us to improve"

We will continue to love Les Reed unconditionally - all VVDs flaws will be raised and "VVD was blocking Jack Stephens progress anyway" posts will flow like Baileys at Christmas

We breed success not buy it!! FFS

BUY . SELL . REPEAT

You_Doodle_2016-12-13T08_48_16Z.jpg

So he doesn't have a £25m release clause? Phew!!!

It's £26m then? £30m? Regardless of how much his release clause is we know Les "Del Boy" Reed will sell as soon as a £30m+ offer comes in.

The club will tell us it's a "record fee" and we will all speculate but ultimately hang on to the word of the journalist that speculates the highest fee (It was £32m no it was £52m, no definitely £41m)

The transfer fee recieved will ultimately just vanish to "pay debts" or "you don't understand FFP" we will say "we improve every year but you know 2016/17 doesn't count as this was a transition year and nobody expected us to improve"

We will continue to love Les Reed unconditionally - all VVDs flaws will be raised and "VVD was blocking Jack Stephens progress anyway" posts will flow like Baileys at Christmas

We breed success not buy it!! FFS

BUY . SELL . REPEAT

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2260[/ATTACH]

I was going to say maybe you need another hobby instead of saints.....

......then I realised coming on here and trying to wind people up is your actual hobby rather than saints...

Keep it up though because always will bite all day long.

If we sell VVD in January we will go down.Sounds melodramatic I know, but he is that important to us.

Utter nonsense. Even if we didn't replace him a central defence of Yoshida and Fonte wouldn't get us relegated. Far too much quality throughout the squad for a relegation battle.

I very much doubt he'd be sold in Janaury as there is little incentive for Saints to do so (he'll go in the summer) but even if he was sold, I'm perplexed as to why you appear to think we wouldn't sign a replacement.

Utter nonsense. Even if we didn't replace him a central defence of Yoshida and Fonte wouldn't get us relegated. Far too much quality throughout the squad for a relegation battle.

I very much doubt he'd be sold in Janaury as there is little incentive for Saints to do so (he'll go in the summer) but even if he was sold, I'm perplexed as to why you appear to think we wouldn't sign a replacement.

If you hadn't noticed previously he's not too clever in the thinking department.

Saints won't sell in Jan', bar fringe players, we never do, but he'll go, more than likely, in the summer for big, big money. He'd be awesome in a Chelsea back 3 alas.

We've obviously watched the lad from Sporting long and hard so it would be nice to get him in ASAP but whoever it is they won't be as good as VvD who is the best CB I've seen since Mark Wright.

Goebbels was right, repeat a lie often enough and people will believe it to be true.

Or in this case, even though the Mirror are known to be clickbait wh0res without a shred of credibility, if they repeat their bullsh!t often enough people will take it as gospel.

So now apparently Van Dijk will be gone by the summer because the Mirror and the other rags using them as a source say so.

Goebbels was right, repeat a lie often enough and people will believe it to be true.

Or in this case, even though the Mirror are known to be clickbait wh0res without a shred of credibility, if they repeat their bullsh!t often enough people will take it as gospel.

So now apparently Van Dijk will be gone by the summer because the Mirror and the other rags using them as a source say so.

You got a link to Mirror or any other 'rag' actually saying Van Dijk will be gone by the summer? Or are they just reporting the interest of other clubs?

You got a link to Mirror or any other 'rag' actually saying Van Dijk will be gone by the summer? Or are they just reporting the interest of other clubs?

Report the interest of other clubs? The Mirror? Hell will freeze over before they report anything factual.

So far they have said, among other things, that Van Dijk has a 25m release clause which we have come out and said is bullsh!t and that Liverpool are interested, which they have come out and said is bullsh!t. And that Liverpool deal was to include McQueen who signed a new contract about 1 week later.

What I am saying is that this media frenzy over Van Dijk comes straight out of the Mirror and is parroted by the other barrel scrappers that are the media, either quoting the Mirror as a source or copy pasting whatever the Mirror says, because that is what passes for journalism these days.

And yet our own fans are pretty much resigned to losing Van Dijk in the summer, can you honestly tell me that it is not because seemingly every day the Mirror or some other clickbait wh0ring bullsh!t merchant of a media outlet says some big club is looking to buy him, turning opinion on the sheer quantity of bullsh!t the have been spewing despite the fact that they have no credibility with anyone with a minimal level of intelligence.

Just reading back what I wrote, would anyone like to know what I think of journalists and the media in general?

What I am saying is that this media frenzy over Van Dijk comes straight out of the Mirror and is parroted by the other barrel scrappers that are the media, either quoting the Mirror as a source or copy pasting whatever the Mirror says, because that is what passes for journalism these days.

And yet our own fans are pretty much resigned to losing Van Dijk in the summer, can you honestly tell me that it is not because seemingly every day the Mirror or some other clickbait wh0ring bullsh!t merchant of a media outlet says some big club is looking to buy him, turning opinion on the sheer quantity of bullsh!t the have been spewing despite the fact that they have no credibility with anyone with a minimal level of intelligence.

I can honestly tell you that I think VVD will go in the summer and it's nothing to do with anything in the media. It's everything to do with the fact that our club actively sells players once they reach a level where they can get a move to a bigger club and said bigger clubs start putting bids in.

I'm expecting at least one of the big clubs to put in a sizeable bid in the summer and the likelihood is that will be that. It's possible that we might hold on for one more year, Morgan style, but this will mainly be dependent on misery/pi ss-take bids which we bat away. Once we're heading into the £40m plus arena it's game over.

Anyone with a "minimal level of intelligence" can see that as perfectly realistic scenario but you get all frothy about lazy scumbag journalists if you really want.

I see the Mirror are persisting and reluctantly saying his price could be £40m.

If Stones was £50m, this is still way short. But then it's totally made up, just like the earlier Mirror stories.

There is no way he'll go in January, maybe we'll have to lay the law down to keep him in the summer, and will do, especially if Fonte goes, but suspect he'll go in 2018.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I see the Mirror are persisting and reluctantly saying his price could be £40m.

If Stones was £50m, this is still way short. But then it's totally made up, just like the earlier Mirror stories.

There is no way he'll go in January, maybe we'll have to lay the law down to keep him in the summer, and will do, especially if Fonte goes, but suspect he'll go in 2018.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

The fact the Fonte looks close to the exit door is the only thing that makes me thank VVD might stay another season. I can't see the club wanting to replace both our CBs in one summer and I would imagine Fonte is the CB the club feel they need to replace first.

According to various paper reports today, van Dijk's said he'd prefer to go to Man City so he can play for Pep Guardiola and Saints have set the fee at £40 million. That's about £20 million less than we could have got for him.

TBH I'd prefer him to go to City than Liverpool or Spurs or even Everton. I can see them splashing the cash in January but hope to god not. Have they got a striker for us?

Surely he's the natural replacement for Kompany. Surprised we would stick a price on his head though, rather than letting all the top clubs enter a bidding war for him.

The league has so few decent CB's, he's got to be in the £40m-60m bracket somewhere.

Would agree that they must be looking at him to replace Kompany. Your pricing isn't unrealistic either.

City aren't shy on spending on centre-backs:

- Otemendi (£30m+)

- Mangala (£40m+)

- Stones (£50m)

What if Yoshida or Fonte got injured? Face it we would struggle big time if VVD goes in January by far our best player, we can't score goals but we don't concede many take that away and it's a relegation battle for sure.

What if Yoshida or Fonte got injured? Face it we would struggle big time if VVD goes in January by far our best player, we can't score goals but we don't concede many take that away and it's a relegation battle for sure.

So you think the club are stupid enough to flog VVD in Jan and then not even bother to get in a CB to replace him leaving the squad with just two CBs. I know people get frustrated by player sales but Les and co have never shown that level of incompetence...

So if something is not written down its not true? Can you show me your everything is awesome policy written down?

Ha ha ha... touchy...

Policy definition...

a set of ideas or a plan of what to do in particular situations that has been agreed to officially by a group of people, a business organization, a government, or a political party:

So all i asked for is proof of where Saints one is... not one in your head

I try not to recall the last 2 times we lost our outstanding centre back, the fiorst was Mark Wright in the FA cup semi final which we then lost. The 2nd which was more crucial was Killer Svensson and look what happened that season!!!!!

Would say the last 2 times we lost our outstanding CB we improved.....(Toby & Lovren)

It seems likely to me that VVD will leave in the summer simply because he is that good, he could play for any of the very biggest and best teams in the world. Money is being thrown around by the big boys for mediocre players these days so a class player like VVD will be massively coveted, end of story.

It seems likely to me that VVD will leave in the summer simply because he is that good, he could play for any of the very biggest and best teams in the world. Money is being thrown around by the big boys for mediocre players these days so a class player like VVD will be massively coveted, end of story.

Thanks Les - please remember

:) He has a new 6 year contract

:) We don't need more money (surely)

:) The trophy cabinet you purchased 3 years ago is still empty

:) We are allowed to say no when an offer is made

:) He has no release clause

:) He is our best player

Thanks Les - please remember

:) He has a new 6 year contract

:) We don't need more money (surely)

:) The trophy cabinet you purchased 3 years ago is still empty

:) We are allowed to say no when an offer is made

:) He has no release clause

:) He is our best player

Majority of those completely irrelevant if VVD really wants out...

I think if have a storming second half to the season (ie. win the League Cup / FA Cup or finish near top 6 again) I think he may stay for another year whilst we integrate a Fonte replacement.

If we muddle through and he gets depressed with the direction of travel then I would expect him to push for a move next summer. And, quite frankly, so would I if I were him!

I think if have a storming second half to the season (ie. win the League Cup / FA Cup or finish near top 6 again) I think he may stay for another year whilst we integrate a Fonte replacement.

If we muddle through and he gets depressed with the direction of travel then I would expect him to push for a move next summer. And, quite frankly, so would I if I were him!

If the last few games in Europa League didn't depress him then not sure what will! He's a class above rest of the squad

Surely he's the natural replacement for Kompany. Surprised we would stick a price on his head though, rather than letting all the top clubs enter a bidding war for him.

The league has so few decent CB's, he's got to be in the £40m-60m bracket somewhere.

Slow down there Garrett, you must have missed the past few seasons.

Why else would you be surprised that Les Reed has slapped a price on an asset? (And a low one at that!)... Surely you must know that our business model is to get money in quick and easy and slide it into someone's back pocket by now?

:lol:

According to various paper reports today, van Dijk's said he'd prefer to go to Man City so he can play for Pep Guardiola and Saints have set the fee at £40 million. That's about £20 million less than we could have got for him.

The bidding opens at £40m......so lets see where it goes from there! Chelsea and City will be tearing each other apart trying to sign him.

The bidding opens at £40m......so lets see where it goes from there! Chelsea and City will be tearing each other apart trying to sign him.

Still think 40mil is too cheap and I'd be pretty ****ed off if that's what we got for him. Would a bidding war really take it up above 50? He's the finished article at a young age for a defender and is currently being hailed as one of, possibly THE best CB in the league.

Slightly alarming that it looks like we may have a brand new CB pairing next season. Any suggestions?

Still think 40mil is too cheap and I'd be pretty ****ed off if that's what we got for him. Would a bidding war really take it up above 50? He's the finished article at a young age for a defender and is currently being hailed as one of, possibly THE best CB in the league.

Yeah. If City / Chelsea / Utd etc. do want him then the price needs to reflect that.

The fact that Chelsea are playing a back 3 is annoying. He'd absolutely suit them down to the ground.

Imho he'd be perfect as the central player in a back three, but they spent a fortune on bringing back Luiz for that position this summer, so don't see this as a realistic option. People need to forget paper talk and work out what makes sense, or what clubs actually say. Spurs don't need him, Liverpool don't want him, Chelsea would only get him as a replacement for Luiz which I think is unlikely, Everton are a sideways move for a player of champions league ability, United are a possible but are unlikely to be in the champions league. I think city as kompanys replacement or one of Europes true elite (real, barca, Bayern) are the only sensible destinations. And if city spent 30m on otamendi, 40m on mangala and 50m on stones we'd be bonkers to sell for under 50m, especially given his length of contract and age. I get that stones was overpriced as he counts as home grown, but vvd is markedly better. Unfortunately, he's that good that he's too good for us, so will be gone ... Whether that's 6 or 18 months remains to be seen. But I'd be amazed if it's in January.

we didnt replace him in the summer as the season ended if I recall correctly and then look what happened

Different board, different manager and different director of football. Not saying it couldn't happen but the scenarios aren't exactly identical.