West Ham Build Up

ALWAYS_SFC

I'm quite amazed by the flippancy of the happy clappers on this site who seem oblivious of the fact that we are being sucked into the relegation zone with each league game we play. Tactically we are frankly inept this season and if the manager keeps on repeating the same mistakes he has made ALL SEASON we are going to be fighting for survival come May. We have poor strength in depth and a first team who are playing to the tactics of the manager which are being exposed as inadequate for this league. The hubris and arrogance of the executive in thinking we will survive in the premier league playing the way we have been is breathtaking! What has happened to this football club? It is evident that the executive are making a percentage play here. Well I'm sorry, this is not a computer game. This is starting to look so much like the last time we got relegated, and on this board especially - so many people making excuses for poor performances, where we are tactically exposed by the opposition. The bulk of our first team finished 6th in the league last season! Have all the other teams improved so dramatically while we have trodden water? Or are the managers tactics being exposed? All the guff about this being a season of "transition" and we should just suck it up is delusional! If this run of results continue, we will soon be down in the bottom quarter of the league. And don't give me the story that there are 3 worse teams than us. On current form there are only 2.

Can't see us getting a result against the Hammers at home. And that is really galling.

Now, now...you sound like a Dalek.

I'm quite amazed by the flippancy of the happy clappers on this site who seem oblivious of the fact that we are being sucked into the relegation zone with each league game we play. Tactically we are frankly inept this season and if the manager keeps on repeating the same mistakes he has made ALL SEASON we are going to be fighting for survival come May. We have poor strength in depth and a first team who are playing to the tactics of the manager which are being exposed as inadequate for this league. The hubris and arrogance of the executive in thinking we will survive in the premier league playing the way we have been is breathtaking! What has happened to this football club? It is evident that the executive are making a percentage play here. Well I'm sorry, this is not a computer game. This is starting to look so much like the last time we got relegated, and on this board especially - so many people making excuses for poor performances, where we are tactically exposed by the opposition. The bulk of our first team finished 6th in the league last season! Have all the other teams improved so dramatically while we have trodden water? Or are the managers tactics being exposed? All the guff about this being a season of "transition" and we should just suck it up is delusional! If this run of results continue, we will soon be down in the bottom quarter of the league. And don't give me the story that there are 3 worse teams than us. On current form there are only 2.

Can't see us getting a result against the Hammers at home. And that is really galling.

You could not be more deluded. We'll still finish in the top half. There is no way we will be involved in any sort of relegation battle.

You could not be more deluded. We'll still finish in the top half. There is no way we will be involved in any sort of relegation battle.

No one thought we would be involved in a relegation battle in 1973/4 either. While the gap is less than 10 points it remains a possibility. 5 defeats in 6 league games is relegation form.

Why ignore the two Liverpool wins? Why don't they count?

Because they were not league games? By your logic should we include the Arsenal game too then? After all didn't we rest everyone so they would be fresh for Swansea? That didn't turn out too well did it? I hope you are right and we do beat them. But I can't see it.

Because they were not league games? By your logic should we include the Arsenal game too then? After all didn't we rest everyone so they would be fresh for Swansea? That didn't turn out too well did it? I hope you are right and we do beat them. But I can't see it.

We named our strongest possible team for the Liverpool game. We named a reserve team against Arsenal.

Our home form has been fine this season, it's on the road where we need to start picking up points.

Looking on KUMB it seems like both saints and WHU fan are very pessimistic about their teams these days.

Both sets of fans suffering from having good league seasons, when some of the big boys had an off season, and now struggling to adjust to the fact that we are actually both pretty bang average?

Still in the spirit of things we'll lose to a Carroll goal before he gets injured celebrating and doesn't play again this season having got his obligatory goal against saints.

We named our strongest possible team for the Liverpool game. We named a reserve team against Arsenal.

Our home form has been fine this season, it's on the road where we need to start picking up points.

Home form fine is it? I've seen us fail to beat Watford, Sunderland and West Brom. Hardly fine in my book.

Our failure to beat Arsenal reserves and Hapoel at home put us out of two cups , in the league we've won 5 out of 10 at home.

Actually it's 5 out of 11

P11 W5 D3 L3 F13 A11 Pts18: Pts per game c1.6 which equals 31 points from a full 19 games.

Beaten: Swans / Burnley / Everton / Midds / Leic

Drawn: Watford / Sunderland / L'pool

Lost: Chelsea / Spurs / West Brom

Think we should ditch the 4-3-3 and start with same team we ended the game against Swansea with Boufal starting centrally we looked far more effective. I like McQueen further forward as well.

Forster

Cedric Stephens Yoshida Bertrand

Romeu Davis/JWP

Sims Boufal McQueen

Long

Actually it's 5 out of 11

P11 W5 D3 L3 F13 A11 Pts18: Pts per game c1.6 which equals 31 points from a full 19 games.

Beaten: Swans / Burnley / Everton / Midds / Leic

Drawn: Watford / Sunderland / L'pool

Lost: Chelsea / Spurs / West Brom

My mistake- thanks, I should go back and edit my post and pretend I didn't make an error !

Crazy to think that any team in the Prem right now could not hurt us - overall we have a very average Championship level central defensive pairing in front of a 6'7" statue. The only saving grace is Romeu but if he gets drawn away to compensate for Clasie/Hojberg we will be hugely exposed. Watch the crosses reign in from Snodgrass, watch Carroll fall over at every touch, watch Snodgrass score from the deadball - that'll be their game plan. I hope Buefal and Gabba play - we might see something different to the dross we've been dished up.

0-2 loss is what I'm thinking. Thanks for nothing Les.