January 18 transfer window

SKD

Been mentioned, but haven't seen a link, so

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/15856814.Saints_can_survive_without_new_signings/

Definitely softening us up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If Shane Long believes the players are taking responsibility for our position, he could start by not claiming they deserve to be further up the table.

Which as I said is not a sweeping change. I am almost certain the club would look to time announcements such as signings to maximise the positivity that such an announcement would have. Its why generally we don't hear about signings at 3am and we often get a teaser on somethibg like twitter to build anticipation. If the club believed that they could build more positivity and perhaps quell some negativity by announcing a signing before a game rather than at another time then I expect it would be something they would look to do. It's hardly the most controversial statement in the world.

Last post so, here we go. This forum is a tiny proportion of the fanbase online and particularly reactionary and odd. If they are paying ANY attention to what is written on here then their PR strategy is garbage. It is not the same board as 8 years ago when Lowe gave a sh1t about it, there is hardly anyone left and all you do is argue among yourselves about the same old crap. I come here during transfer windows to try and get a summary of any potential signings, other than that I have sacked it off entirely because it is impossible to trawl through all the little personal battles that you seem to have been having for ever. The online world has moved on, this board is a pretty much irrelevant relic of a bygone era. Twitter/FB/Insta and all that jazz - yes the club care about. You lot bashing dicks all day long, no way.

Last post so, here we go. This forum is a tiny proportion of the fanbase online and particularly reactionary and odd. If they are paying ANY attention to what is written on here then their PR strategy is garbage. It is not the same board as 8 years ago when Lowe gave a sh1t about it, there is hardly anyone left and all you do is argue among yourselves about the same old crap. I come here during transfer windows to try and get a summary of any potential signings, other than that I have sacked it off entirely because it is impossible to trawl through all the little personal battles that you seem to have been having for ever. The online world has moved on, this board is a pretty much irrelevant relic of a bygone era. Twitter/FB/Insta and all that jazz - yes the club care about. You lot bashing dicks all day long, no way.

I wouldn't consider this forum any more reactionary and odd as you put it than the reactions I read on twitter or Facebook for example from every club in he world. It's laughable to suggest that their PR would be garbage for keeping an eye on their online customer base which would include here. You've clearly never been involved in PR in your life if that's what you think. Why do you think that 100 fans on the clubs Instagram page would be any less useful from a data point of view than 100 fans on here? You are acting like everyone is exclusively on one platform. Would your view suddenly be more relevant to the club if you tweeted it to them rather than posting it on here?

Literally any PR company worth their salt would look at the online presence of saints fans to better inform their strategy and that will include content from here whether you like it or not. I also know personally of a junior staff member under Cortese who were tasked with seeing what was being written and that included on here so quite frankly you don't know what you're talking about.

Blimey, the delusions of relevance never cease to amaze me. If you think the board are in anyway interested in the inane ramblings of a handful of simpletons with social issues you are sorely mistaken, they care about the opinions of the fanbase overall, of course they do but "they monitor this board you know" makes it sound like some kind of grand conspiracy where Ralph and Les are sat around going "OH NOES ALPINE SAINT IS UPSETS WAT R WE GONNA DOOOOO!"
Two points here

1. Club do monitor this forum or at least they use to. Jim Lucas admitted this when he was working at club.

2. Most posters on here are also active on twitter and/or Facebook. It's clear 98% of online fan base have had enough of pellegrino. Probably 60-70% want change at board level.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

No way would the club take any notice of this nuthouse.
I'll make it a bit easier for you to understand:

Things the club don't do:

"oh no! Alpine has criticised us. We have to make more signings!"

Things the PR company employed by the club will be doing (an approximation of):

"your last social media post had a high engagement and click through rate. I see you have a signing announcement soon. Our current public relations strategy suggests that considering some of the negativity posted publicly online recently you may want to consider releasing this information shortly before the game on Sunday along with a message about ambition. This would be a good opportunity to project a positive message."

Edited by hypochondriac

I'll make it a bit easier for you to understand:

Things the club don't do:

"oh no! Alpine has criticised us. We have to make more signings!"

Things the PR company employed by the club will be doing (an approximation of):

"your last social media post had a high engagement and click through rate. I see you have a signing announcement soon. Our current public relations strategy suggests that considering some of the negativity posted publicly online recently you may want to consider releasing this information shortly before the game on Sunday along with a message about ambition. This would be a good opportunity to project a positive message."

We've just flogged our best player, we're staring relegation in the face and haven't spent a penny on new players - you don't need to read a single page of social media to know the fans will be ****ed off.

If Shane Long believes the players are taking responsibility for our position, he could start by not claiming they deserve to be further up the table.

Why would he do that? He also thinks that scoring or not, if he says he's done a good job, then that's good enough! :mcinnes:

Why on earth would he want to move?

RICHARLISON ON THE MOVE?

Richarlison is angling for a summer move away from Watford, with his representatives holding talks with both Chelsea and Arsenal, according to the Watford Observer.

Because that's what happens.

RICHARLISON ON THE MOVE?

Richarlison is angling for a summer move away from Watford, with his representatives holding talks with both Chelsea and Arsenal, according to the Watford Observer.

Ahhh the Southampton effect. Get a move to the premier league, have a good season or maybe two at a push which puts you in the shop window and then sign for one of the top 6

RICHARLISON ON THE MOVE?

Has he done enough to secure a top six move already? at least our players normaly manage a couple of seasons before trying to force the move.

Lambert in the Stoke job for a few days and already theyve signed a player

So? The player wasn't brought in on his recommendation and the work done to bring him to the club started yonks ago. As with Redmond signing, the manager has very little to do with it.

how do you know?

You can take my word for it...or, if my word is not good enough for the batman, then you could maybe accept Pat Murphy's, who said the same thing on the radio a few days ago (I'd hunt for the recording, but I don't have the time). If that still fails to cut the mustard, then maybe the Stoke Sentinel, where it says, and I quote: "Lambert revealed this morning he had given his blessing to the deal on learning that Stoke were interested in Stafylidis" Hope that helps?

So? The player wasn't brought in on his recommendation and the work done to bring him to the club started yonks ago. As with Redmond signing, the manager has very little to do with it.

It shows that a fellow struggling club are making steps to improve their squad despite an obvious distraction of trying to replace their first team manager. We have had zero distractions, VVD was ushered out the door quickly and despite talk of identified targets, we havent made any signings.

Other clubs addressing weaknesses whilst we stumble our way through the window

You can take my word for it...or, if my word is not good enough for the batman, then you could maybe accept Pat Murphy's, who said the same thing on the radio a few days ago (I'd hunt for the recording, but I don't have the time). If that still fails to cut the mustard, then maybe the Stoke Sentinel, where it says, and I quote: "Lambert revealed this morning he had given his blessing to the deal on learning that Stoke were interested in Stafylidis" Hope that helps?

It should be noted that Lambert is better acquanited with the Bundesliga than most British Managers. For example

"Stafylidis was first watched by Lambert when the Stoke manager went to watch him train at the German club."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11701/11212350/kostas-stafylidis-joins-stoke-on-loan-to-become-paul-lamberts-first-signing

Nothing to read into really as Carrillo seems to be our main target, but I saw SSN had us down as being one of the 'interested' clubs for Slimani.

Monaco do not want to sell Carrillo who wants to join us so Carrillo's dad has gone to Monaco personally to try and negociate his release.

That's one of the worst things about this season - one of the best kits we've had in years is going to be associated with relegation :-(

Yep. Might have to burn it in that case. Might try to film it anonymously and post it online: see if it galvanises the team to fight for the shirt (or continue to not give a ****).

It should be noted that Lambert is better acquanited with the Bundesliga than most British Managers. For example

"Stafylidis was first watched by Lambert when the Stoke manager went to watch him train at the German club."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11701/11212350/kostas-stafylidis-joins-stoke-on-loan-to-become-paul-lamberts-first-signing

I reiterate that his signing was not a result of Lambert joining, he was identified by Stoke some time ag. My point was that the signing hasn't taken a couple of days.

It shows that a fellow struggling club are making steps to improve their squad despite an obvious distraction of trying to replace their first team manager. We have had zero distractions, VVD was ushered out the door quickly and despite talk of identified targets, we havent made any signings.

Other clubs addressing weaknesses whilst we stumble our way through the window

You were quite clearly suggesting that if Stoke can bring someone in in just a couple of days then why can't saints. Stoke didn't.

Signings take a while. That's not an excuse for Saints not bringing someone in and why they haven't been able to is anyones guess, but it's just a fact.

Had we lost all our ITK’s also. I thought Guan was ITK? Is nobody ITK because nothing is actually happening. I have a feeling that Pellegrino might be out tomorrow, if not tomorrow then straight after the hammering from Spurs.

Why tomorrow?