Bring back Cortese.

Deanovski

I enjoyed the Cortese era as fan but even if hypothetically this were an option, it wouldn't seem sensible as:

- We wouldn't have an owner willing to spend large sums of money, as NC comparatively had in L1, NPC and first season back

- Approval of expenditure - this appeared to be the issue causing NC's departure. Owners will want some accountability and in places, some joint decision-making

- Trajectory: We appeared to be piling up some quite alarming debt and doing some things the club said wouldn't happen

- Commercial income; I'm not fan of Kreuger's overall but this does appear to have improved significantly, shame relegation will harm much of this e.g. UA, Virgin Media

Having said the above, where I think the OP is coming from is the corpulent nature of how the club is now run and the total lack of urgency or vision currently. Cortese might not have had the money - and was relying on the funding of others to achieve it who probably didn't have it either in retrospect - but there was a vision and I can see how it became alluring to some fans.

Part in bold was the critical issue as I saw it, he didn't want KL monitoring his managing of the club, and putting a sensible brake on things before it went 'Peter Ridsdale' on us

Can't see Gao allowing a CEO a free reign without accountability.

But must add, I'd welcome some direction at the club from the top.