The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

There is another juicy story developing about Roger Waters current show being pro Nazi and therefore anti-Semitic (how they come to that conclusion when he is clearly parodying a fascist  dictatorship, but there you go).

Waters has just lost the plot. He has said Ukraine is lead by Nazis is not really a country at all' and more of a 'patchy vague experiment'. He claimed Israel is engaged in genocide and that Putin is leading his country for the benefit of all Russians. His bandmate Dave Gilmour said publicly Waters he is a raging antisemite.  With that in mind its probably not the best idea to turn up dressed as a Fascist carrying a sub machine gun at a pop concert in Germany.   

Edited by buctootim
  • Confused 1

The COVID enquiry says it wants ALL messages between Boris and his advisors and Ministers from the start of the pandemic. Boris says this is fine,but unfortunately the Cabinet Office is in possession of them, so he asks the CO to return them. However, the CO say they cannot return his messages to him until they have sorted through and redacted them so that the enquiry only gets what the CO determine to be what the enquiry wants to see. The enquiry KC threatens the Government and CO with contempt, so they have now applied to the Courts for a ruling on the scope of the enquiry - which they initiated and set out the rules and scope of.

On top of this, Boris says some of the early messages are on a phone that he has been told by the CO, ( responsible for Government IT security ), he cannot turn on because it is a security risk. IT security experts say this is nonsense and there are many ways to access the phone without risk.

Sir Humphrey Appleby is alive and well.

Edited by badgerx16

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

The COVID enquiry says it wants ALL messages between Boris and his advisors and Ministers from the start of the pandemic. Boris says this is fine,but unfortunately the Cabinet Office is in possession of them, so he asks the CO to return them. However, the CO say they cannot return his messages to him until they have sorted through and redacted them so that the enquiry only gets what the CO determine to be what the enquiry wants to see. The enquiry KC threatens the Government and CO with contempt, so they have now applied to the Courts for a ruling on the scope of the enquiry - which they initiated and set out the rules and scope of.

On top of this, Boris says some of the early messages are on a phone that he has been told by the CO, ( responsible for Government IT security ), he cannot turn on because it is a security risk. IT security experts say this is nonsense and there are many ways to access the phone without risk.

Boris lost his original phone overside from a ferry when he was chatting up Jamie Vardy's wife or agent!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

I was in the same class at school as Baroness Hallett who is leading the inquiry.

She wasn't a Baroness then, just plain Heather Hallett.

• Haha 1

Looks like Mad Nad has been given the Nod from her super hero BOJO and has given up her constituency ahead of an expected Peerage.

Her mid Bedfordshire seat has a majority of around 24,000 so it will be interesting to see if her replacement manages the same sort of figure.

Of course if he/she/etc doesnt then I am sure Mad Nad will tell everyone what a popular MP she was overlooking the time she has been away from her duities on TV programmes, writing pretty awful books and becoming a GB radio host.

I am currently halfway through  'Johnson at No 10 = the Inside Story'

Not much good news in it for a Boris fan to absorb and looking forward to reading about his relationship with Ms Dorries later in the book.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

Looks like Mad Nad has been given the Nod from her super hero BOJO and has given up her constituency ahead of an expected Peerage.

Her mid Bedfordshire seat has a majority of around 24,000 so it will be interesting to see if her replacement manages the same sort of figure.

Of course if he/she/etc doesnt then I am sure Mad Nad will tell everyone what a popular MP she was overlooking the time she has been away from her duities on TV programmes, writing pretty awful books and becoming a GB radio host.

I am currently halfway through  'Johnson at No 10 = the Inside Story'

Not much good news in it for a Boris fan to absorb and looking forward to reading about his relationship with Ms Dorries later in the book.

From what I hear Dorries has got her little award nailed on later down the line. Might be bollocks, god hope so, but wouldn’t surprise me. No point in her staying on as an MP, she’s making more money out of GBeebies and whatever else corruption she’s got her manky claws into. I don’t reckon i could read what you’re reading, the sheer amount of ineptitude, cronyism and corruption is off the scale but still, somehow, theres a huge proportion of people who will vote for a donkey with a blue rosette on.

• Like 2

No doubt he'll be back at the election standing in a significantly safer seat than Uxbridge. The old dears at the Conservative associations of Surrey will be falling over themselves. 

In the meantime gets to shit stir. Win win.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

No doubt he'll be back at the election standing in a significantly safer seat than Uxbridge. The old dears at the Conservative associations of Surrey will be falling over themselves. 

In the meantime gets to shit stir. Win win.

It was a witch hunt and a kangaroo court. He never stood a chance

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Yeah, it’s a mystery alright. Even Scooby Doo and his squad couldn’t work this one out….

That is funny and sums him up. Carefully cultivated image of the ‘bluff old cove. He used to schedule his mobile phone to go off at press conferences etc to make him appear the loveable antidote to grey boring politicians. Had to be told to stop doing it though as people were getting suspicious it was staged. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

The Committee that vets appointments to the House of Lords normally rejects about 1 in 10 of the nominees. They rejected 8 of the 15 proposed by Boris.

I wonder if we will get to know who was rejected from Boris's list.

I reckon one may have been Jennifer Arcuri and another Peppa Pig!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

I wonder if we will get to know who was rejected from Boris's list.

I reckon one may have been Jennifer Arcuri and another Peppa Pig!!

His dad was allegedly one of them, a man almost as odious as his son.

• Like 3

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jun/10/boris-johnson-resignation-statement-really-meant

Worth a read if you were ever in any doubt that Johnson is only concerned about Johnson.

Proof, if any were needed, that Johnson is a poor man’s Trump. As ever it is everyone’s fault but his own. Conspiracy theories everywhere and truth rewritten. Narcissists cannot bear to lose. Rather than stay and fight his corner, he has taken the cowards way out rather than face a humiliating by election result. If you are so sure you have been wronged Boris, why not fight your corner and let the people decide?

We can only hope that this is the end for the Greased Piglet in politics and that the Tories do not find him a safe seat in future. He has been a liability for his party, for the country, for Europe and to anyone close to him, just like Donald Trump.

Good riddance.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

His dad was allegedly one of them, a man almost as odious as his son.

They do say you always want your kids to be a better version of you so from that perspective he’s succeeded 

• Haha 1

Just now, sadoldgit said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jun/10/boris-johnson-resignation-statement-really-meant

Worth a read if you were ever in any doubt that Johnson is only concerned about Johnson.

Proof, if any were needed, that Johnson is a poor man’s Trump. As ever it is everyone’s fault but his own. Conspiracy theories everywhere and truth rewritten. Narcissists cannot bear to lose. Rather than stay and fight his corner, he has taken the cowards way out rather than face a humiliating by election result. If you are so sure you have been wronged Boris, why not fight your corner and let the people decide?

We can only hope that this is the end for the Greased Piglet in politics and that the Tories do not find him a safe seat in future. He has been a liability for his party, for the country, for Europe and to anyone close to him, just like Donald Trump.

Good riddance.

You lost me at guardian 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Good riddance.

You're posting links from the guardian, that must be proof then, so there was an investigation being led by someone from the labour party, who then forced Boris to resign, sounds to me like it's straight out of old Vlad's playbook, but then guardian readers are never very bright

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Millbrook Saint said:

You're posting links from the guardian, that must be proof then, so there was an investigation being led by someone from the labour party, who then forced Boris to resign, sounds to me like it's straight out of old Vlad's playbook, but then guardian readers are never very bright

🤣 oh dear me.

The ‘investigation’ is the privileges committee, which has a majority of Tory MPs on it. Any decision they make regarding censure for Johnson the; has to be ratified and agreed by all MPs, so if they wanted to the Conservative Party could just vote it down what with their 66 seat majority in the HoC. But yeah, it’s a right old stitch up otherwise, are Boris done nuffink rong.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 10

7 minutes ago, Millbrook Saint said:

Given your lack of understanding of the Committee that investigated Boris, nor are non-Guardian readers.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Millbrook Saint said:

What about those that used to work in the typing pool at the Guardian?

• Haha 1

to be fair I don't have an understanding of how they work, just like 99% of the public, but on the face of it, a committee deciding a political opponents future whilst being led by one of his opponents hardly looks unbiased, you can say they're full of tories, but half the party hate him for Brexit anyway.  No, to me and most other people called joe public who don't have a pre conceived opinion of the bloke, this looks like a stitch up, having the guardian gloat and tell us how great it is, does nothing to persuade me otherwise, are the general public supposed to just believe this was unbiased just because our intellectual superiors like you and other guardian readers tell us so?

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Millbrook Saint said:

to be fair I don't have an understanding of how they work, just like 99% of the public, but on the face of it, a committee deciding a political opponents future whilst being led by one of his opponents hardly looks unbiased, you can say they're full of tories, but half the party hate him for Brexit anyway.  No, to me and most other people called joe public who don't have a pre conceived opinion of the bloke, this looks like a stitch up, having the guardian gloat and tell us how great it is, does nothing to persuade me otherwise, are the general public supposed to just believe this was unbiased just because our intellectual superiors like you and other guardian readers tell us so?

Do you honestly believe that the 4 Tories on the Committee, including a member of the ERG, would allow a Labour Chair, ( who happens to be a well respected King's Counsel ), to influence their participation and colour their opinion and vote ?

Given that no action can be taken against Boris until the Committee report is voted on and accepted by the HoC, where the Tories have a 64 seat majority, why hasn't Boris bluffed it out and waited for that vote ? Or perhaps he knows enough of the Tory MPs have had enough of his blundering buffoonery and want rid of him.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Millbrook Saint said:

Thick twat doesn’t understand. Bless. So easy to fool thick fuckers isn’t it?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Given that no action can be taken against Boris until the Committee report is voted on and accepted by the HoC, where the Tories have a 64 seat majority, why hasn't Boris bluffed it out and waited for that vote ? Or perhaps he knows enough of the Tory MPs have had enough of his blundering buffoonery and want rid of him.

It’s a stitch up mate. 99% of Joe Public think so, right, and no presentation of the facts is going to get in the way. Don’t know what the Privileges Committee is, but it’s definitely a stitch up.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Millbrook Saint said:

I'm sorry I don't have a Jesus Wept big enough for this absolute horseshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Millbrook Saint said:

What is a worry is how some populist charlatan can trash our institutions such as Parliament and gullible sorts like you swallow it up without doing any sort of background reading.  Although fair play for declaring yourself a GB News viewer

Edited by whelk
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, whelk said:

I didn’t have a thick cunt big enough either

The internet must have been a godsend to you, how else would you be able to spout your shite without getting the smack in the teeth your comments so richly deserve, what a loathsome cunt you are.

As for the rest of you, you're just as bad, someone says something you disagree with and out you come in force bullying people from behind your keyboard, knowing you can abuse someone with no repercussions, I'm off to enjoy the sunshine whilst you lot wank each other off whilst congratulating yourselves on your superiority.

Twats

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Millbrook Saint said:

The internet must have been a godsend to you, how else would you be able to spout your shite without getting the smack in the teeth your comments so richly deserve, what a loathsome cunt you are.

As for the rest of you, you're just as bad, someone says something you disagree with and out you come in force bullying people from behind your keyboard, knowing you can abuse someone with no repercussions, I'm off to enjoy the sunshine whilst you lot wank each other off whilst congratulating yourselves on your superiority.

Twats

Hey, I'm not just any old twat. I am a racist. traitor, remoaner, pinko, northern twat, if you don't mind.

You were quite happy to snipe at SOGgy over his quoting the Guardian.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Millbrook Saint said:

Twats

I wouldn’t mix with you in real life so probably wouldn’t hear your drivel. But if I did would be happy to call you out without fear of a hiding. Guess what I am clever and hard.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Is there anyone on this thread that still backs Boris or the Tory party?

If so I’d like to hear their reasons 😂

hE gOt BrExIt DuN aN fIxEd ThE pAnDeMiC

Edited by badgerx16
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Millbrook Saint said:

If this is a representation of how the majority of ‘Joe Public’ think then we’re all absolutely fucked

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Him going now is probably the culmination of a few things, the main one being it suits Boris and it suits the party.

I imagine that despite his unpopularity amongst MP’s, the party would have rallied round and saved his skin. However, it won’t be a good look & the fall out will be horrendous, with the opposition making hay over and over whilst he sits there in the HoC. By going now he can play the king across the water, stitched up by the establishment. A subsequent Tory defeat and he’ll be in a far stronger position than he would have been if the party had spent political capital avoiding a by election. For what, a seat he then lost at the GE. A spell in opposition will concentrate minds & I’m sure a far safer seat will emerge if he wants it.

It wouldn’t surprise me if that carrot was offered to him. It’s cleared a Boris shaped barnacle off RS’ boat. It pretty much draws a line under Boris’ and helps his narrative that he’s running a new administration, and any threat of a return after the next election is irrelevant to RS. If he loses it, he’s gone anyway, and if he wins it, Boris is yesterdays man. 

Boris can now make some money, safe in the knowledge the worse the Tories do, the more they’ll miss him and the louder the calls to return will be. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

3 hours ago, Millbrook Saint said:

If you grouped me in as an intellectual and Guardian reader then I need to disabuse you of both notions. Anyone reading here over the years will know that I am not an intellectual (I managed to fail my A levels and never went to uni). I also haven’t read The Guardian since I left the company 23 years ago.

I do however received many different newsfeeds each day in my phone from a variety of sources, one of which happens to be The Guardian.

I may not be an intellectual and am no longer a Guardian reader, but I know a bullshitting charlatan when I see one ( or two in this case if you throw in Trump).

We have all seen what these two characters have done and said over the last few years, we don’t need The Guardian or intellectuals to tell us what complete nightmares these people are. 

How anyone can still fall for the witch-hunt/hard done by guff when the all of the evidence shows otherwise is worrying. At some point soon I suspect that his only remaining supporters will be Rees-Mogg, Mad Nad and you.

He is a busted flush and no one else is to blame other than himself.

A PS just for Duckie - I also read articles from The Sun, Mirror, Mail, Express, Telegraph, i, Independent etc. whither you logic that makes me a “Sun Reader”. Also I don’t just post articles from The Guardian. Recently I posted something from The Spectator - you know, the magazine for people as far right as yourself but have an IQ above that of Nigel Farage and the average UK voter.

Another just for you, I changed my phone a few months ago and ever since my newsfeed has been flooded with articles from the Mail, Express and GB News. How on earth do you swallow this stuff?

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text