The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

17 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

So the Sue Gray report lands, and to nobody's surprise it details a culture of total disregard for the rules at the time.

Pre-planned events, karaoke machines, people so drunk they were sick, and even a drunken altercation between two attendees.

But there were absolutely definitely no 'parties'.

And Boris will stay because like a repeat offending drunk driver he promises to learn from his mistakes and will do better in future.

Johnson breaking out all the classics in Parliament:

"I have learned my lessons and apologise"

"[waffle waffle]... strong economy from exiting lockdown, high wage high employment"

"Now we can move on and focus on the important matters"

Joke of a man.

• Like 2

I've made the classic blunder of watching PMQs then PM's statement on Sue Gray.  Now have indigestion and am raging.  We are a parliamentary democracy so the tories now have the chance to do the right thing and get rid of this spineless, morally-bankrupt, national embarrassment of a leader.  I'm not holding my breath...

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

I've made the classic blunder of watching PMQs then PM's statement on Sue Gray.  Now have indigestion and am raging.  We are a parliamentary democracy so the tories now have the chance to do the right thing and get rid of this spineless, morally-bankrupt, national embarrassment of a leader.  I'm not holding my breath...

There was a quote a few weeks ago that said the Party could find no suitable replacement.

Just now, badgerx16 said:

There was a quote a few weeks ago that said the Party could find no suitable replacement.

By suitable they mean "bland vaniila the majority of both factions can reluctantly agree on and not rip open the massively deep divisions in the party". 

• Like 1

Just now, buctootim said:

By suitable they mean "bland vaniila the majority of both factions can reluctantly agree on and not rip open the massively deep divisions in the party". 

Or, nobody can be found with a single ounce of integrity.

• Like 1

Fucking hell he is floundering in there. Just answering every question with "I refer him/her to what I've already said".

Just look how many Tory MPs have abandoned the chamber and left him to it. What a pathetic excuse for a human being and a spineless bunch of cowards enabling him.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Fucking hell he is floundering in there. Just answering every question with "I refer him/her to what I've already said".

Just look how many Tory MPs have abandoned the chamber and left him to it. What a pathetic excuse for a human being and a spineless bunch of cowards enabling him.

Still your PM. Suck it up I guess

Chris Bryant also raises the poor treatment of security and cleaning staff, and asks if the prime minister has "no sense of shame that Downing Street under him has been a cesspit full of arrogant, entitled narcissists".

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Still your PM. Suck it up I guess

Every day he clings on in there and his fellow ministers continue to support him, the credibility of the Tory party is further eroded, increasing the likelihood of them being obliterated at the next GE. That's the silver lining I'm focussing on here.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Every day he clings on in there and his fellow ministers continue to support him, the credibility of the Tory party is further eroded, increasing the likelihood of them being obliterated at the next GE. That's the silver lining I'm focussing on here.

We shall see. It will take an enormous swing. 

the election is a while away and I suggest after this winter, no one will give a toss about cake or curry!

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

the election is a while away and I suggest after this winter, no one will give a toss about cake or curry!

Can't believe anyone is still peddling this line.  No-one ever cared about cake or curry - they care about a PM who people have learnt is an inveterate liar, is unable to lead by example and is so arrogant he thinks he should be given a free pass and not step down. 

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Can't believe anyone is still peddling this line.  No-one ever cared about cake or curry - they care about a PM who people have learnt is an inveterate liar, is unable to lead by example and is so arrogant he thinks he should be given a free pass and not step down. 

Your next Tory candidate 

image.png.bcff549644504fa861ec216c9133e243.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Yes, I imagine after the coming winter when a record number of people have frozen or starved to death because the government didn't have a clue what to do about it (and don't care because it won't affect them), people will have more pressing things to worry about.

The party is dying a slow and painful death. They tore themselves apart over Brexit and purged all the decent, moderate MPs in favour of vacuous, loyal Brexit cheerleaders, leaving themselves with a serious intellectual deficit as a result. As the circulation of their supporting newspapers dwindles and their older generation of traditional voters die off, they are going to find it harder and harder to get support among the general public who see them for what they are now - a bunch of self-serving, morally bankrupt, corrupt, entitled shysters with zero shame in supporting a talentless, bloviating charlatan as their leader.

Even my old mum - a lifelong Tory voter - voted against them for the first time ever in the recent local elections because she is embarrassed at what they have become under Johnson. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Yes, I imagine after the coming winter when a record number of people have frozen or starved to death because the government didn't have a clue what to do about it (and don't care because it won't affect them), ............ and their older generation of traditional voters die off, ........

So it will affect them.

8 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Yes, I imagine after the coming winter when a record number of people have frozen or starved to death because the government didn't have a clue what to do about it (and don't care because it won't affect them), people will have more pressing things to worry about.

The party is dying a slow and painful death. They tore themselves apart over Brexit and purged all the decent, moderate MPs in favour of vacuous, loyal Brexit cheerleaders, leaving themselves with a serious intellectual deficit as a result. As the circulation of their supporting newspapers dwindles and their older generation of traditional voters die off, they are going to find it harder and harder to get support among the general public who see them for what they are now - a bunch of self-serving, morally bankrupt, corrupt, entitled shysters with zero shame in supporting a talentless, bloviating charlatan as their leader.

Even my old mum - a lifelong Tory voter - voted against them for the first time ever in the recent local elections because she is embarrassed at what they have become under Johnson. 

I sense you are a tad ‘triggered’

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Chris Bryant also raises the poor treatment of security and cleaning staff, and asks if the prime minister has "no sense of shame that Downing Street under him has been a cesspit full of arrogant, entitled narcissists".

Judging by the amount of debris, bottles, party food found in the mornings, it sounds like the cleaning staff were furloughed for many months...

Fabricant on BBC news now trying to defend Johnson. Apparently it's all due to the civil servants giving him bad advice.

I still refuse to believe he's a real person. I'm sure he only won his seat because people genuinely thought he was a comedian in a wig on a wind up.

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Fabricant on BBC news now trying to defend Johnson. Apparently it's all due to the civil servants giving him bad advice.

I still refuse to believe he's a real person. I'm sure he only won his seat because people genuinely thought he was a comedian in a wig on a wind up.

Fabricant or Johnson ?

Fabricant : ( noun) a manufacturer

Johnson : ( slang ) a penis

6 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

It seems that Tory MPs don't agree with you 

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/johnson-gray-report-election-lost

Or the public;

"However, a YouGov poll published today to coincide with the publication of Gray's work found that nearly two thirds of people believed Johnson should quit, while 30% said he should not."

• Like 1

I don’t understand why anyone is refusing to accept the truth that Boris wasn’t there, he left before the parties got out of hand and wasn’t aware of any rule breaking. He wasn’t in possession of all the facts and he is now prepared to move on. Just move on everyone. 

On 24/05/2022 at 15:49, Whitey Grandad said:

If there is alcohol present then it is not work-related.

When I worked at whitbreads,  we would have 5 pints every lunchtime,  at the pub across the road and we were given a crate of cans every month. If you opened one can in the office, instant dismissal. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I get that you support the Tories which is fine but surely you must be scraping the barrel now in terms of inner reserves of respect for good old Bo Jo? 

• Like 1

Just now, farawaysaint said:

I get that you support the Tories which is fine but surely you must be scraping the barrel now in terms of inner reserves of respect for good old Bo Jo? 

I think he is a shit PM, but I would rather have the this Tory party in Government that the lot opposite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

I don’t understand why anyone is refusing to accept the truth that Boris wasn’t there, he left before the parties got out of hand and wasn’t aware of any rule breaking. He wasn’t in possession of all the facts and he is now prepared to move on. Just move on everyone. 

Harry Truman had a plaque on his desk in the Oval Office saying "The buck stops here".

When No 10 staff are getting so pissed that they're throwing up and fighting, in companies that I've worked in, that would mean the sack.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I think he is a shit PM, but I would rather have the this Tory party in Government that the lot opposite.

Of course you would Batman. Lying and a total lack of integrity is no problem for someone who lies and has no integrity. Still, Boris Johnson and his cronies carry on pretending to be something they aren’t, as do you. Sadly there are many like you who will still vote for this lot, but I think you are wrong about the rest of us. We will not forgot what has happened at Christmas nor by the next election. He is and many of his enablers will be toast.

Johnson said that he takes full responsibility for what happened but that is yet another lie. If that were true he would do the right thing and resign. Instead he has sacked others for his own failings.

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, whelk said:

Phoney entitled cunt. If only it was his beloved Laura

Reminds me of that famous quote "when someone shows you who they really are, believe them the first time".

Alexander Johnson showed us 20 years ago who he really is. Too many people didn't pay attention and here we are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Of course you would Batman. Lying and a total lack of integrity is no problem for someone who lies and has no integrity. Still, Boris Johnson and his cronies carry on pretending to be something they aren’t, as do you. Sadly there are many like you who will still vote for this lot, but I think you are wrong about the rest of us. We will not forgot what has happened at Christmas nor by the next election. He is and many of his enablers will be toast.

Johnson said that he takes full responsibility for what happened but that is yet another lie. If that were true he would do the right thing and resign. Instead he has sacked others for his own failings.

I said he was a shit PM and I would rather the Tory Party remain in power than the those who cover up child molesters, race baiter’s and who can’t describe what a woman is.

just my opinion. 

other than that, you are full of Boris/Tory derangement syndrome. Thankfully, people like you - who would vote Labour if it was donkey as the candidate - are on the verge of extinction.

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Thankfully, people like you - who would vote Labour if it was donkey as the candidate - are on the verge of extinction.

Hopefully the easily manipulated gullible jerks who willingly and blindly support blue rosetted donkeys are in similar decline.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Coming from someone who pretended they spent years of their career prosecting all sorts of high level criminal cases but it turned out you were an admintrator at the CJS that's a bit rich pal.

25 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Hopefully the easily manipulated gullible jerks who willingly and blindly support blue rosetted donkeys are in similar decline.

I vote for whoever benefits me and my family. I could not care less what party they belong to/represent 

I have voted Liberal, SDP, Labour, UKIP and Tory. Depending on the election, candidate and who would be PM.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I vote for whoever benefits me and my family. I could not care less what party they belong to/represent 

I have voted Liberal, SDP, Labour, UKIP and Tory. Depending on the election, candidate and who would be PM.

Same, that's how it should be as well. i fully supported Labour under Tony Blair at first, but Labour with Corbyn in charge at the last election, do me a favour. How could anyone support him?

Edited by Turkish

7 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

So therefore you are not an easily manipulated gullible jerk.

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.