The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

3 hours ago, redkeith said:

Interviewing for a top government job in private flat, with booze and loud Abba music with you wife present is an interview, apparently  ! 

Given that we were led to believe that he was fined for the least serious breach of the rules it all sounds very dodgy. I am trying to work out how Johnson managed to attend a number of illegal events where others were fined but he wasn’t?

Edited by sadoldgit
Add text
  • Like 2

Nadine Dorries - thick and unpleasant in equal measure.

He needs to sack her, the joke has gone way too far, she is like Chris Grayling's dimmer sister - and we have to pay her to be stroppy, rude and to misunderstand every fucking question she's asked. 

• Like 4

There’s nothing like an impartial Police Force.

The Met is nothing like an impartial Police Force.

Absolute stitch-up.  While others were getting £10k fines for hosting parties at their homes, Boris escapes fines because the parties were at his home.

Staggering.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

There’s nothing like an impartial Police Force.

The Met is nothing like an impartial Police Force.

Absolute stitch-up.  While others were getting £10k fines for hosting parties at their homes, Boris escapes fines because the parties were at his home.

Staggering.

Just goes to show, you can't be fined for having a party if you don't know it's a party ;) 

1 hour ago, rallyboy said:

He needs to sack her, the joke has gone way too far, she is like Chris Grayling's dimmer sister - and we have to pay her to be stroppy, rude and to misunderstand every fucking question she's asked.

She doesn't 'misunderstand', she simply doesn't understand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Given that we were led to believe that he was fined for the least serious breach of the rules it all sounds very dodgy. I am trying to work out how Johnson managed to attend a number of illegal events where others were fined but he wasn’t?

Another case where someone who claims they proudly spent their career in the criminal justice systems yet doesn’t trust the system they worked in 🤔

18 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Another case where someone who claims they proudly spent their career in the criminal justice systems yet doesn’t trust the system they worked in 🤔

Have you got one of those app-type thingys whereby whenever @sadoldgitboasts you are alerted and prompted to respond?  I've noticed it happens an amazing amount of the time - possibly something like 90% of his posts.  It smacks of obsession.  I know you are going to tell me all the reasons why it is justified, but it comes across as trolling/stalking.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

Have you got one of those app-type thingys whereby whenever @sadoldgitboasts you are alerted and prompted to respond?  I've noticed it happens an amazing amount of the time - possibly something like 90% of his posts.  It smacks of obsession.  I know you are going to tell me all the reasons why it is justified, but it comes across as trolling/stalking.

He’s supposedly got me on ignore (apart from when he forgets) so I can’t be trolling him

3 hours ago, rallyboy said:

Haven’t even paid attention to what she has been up to but epitomises everything wrong with current govt and the general ability to get on in politics whilst being thick as pig shit. Baffling  

• Like 1

On 17/05/2022 at 07:45, whelk said:

What have all the moaning private sector posters got to say about the huge disparity in pay rises between the sectors? Surprised more don’t jump ship and fuck the services even more. Then we will have an even greater country and more people can buy bigger tvs. 

What’s been missed here today - Ok I don’t like the bloke but he’s 100% correct as I’d heard similar - is that basically the Mail - mainly but not only - is running these ‘burn WFH people in the nearest town square’ front page rubbish pieces of sixth form garbage everyday because the Metro was going to bankrupt them without the advertising revenue from London commuters (of which I was one) picking up a copy on the way home. 

So fuck reporting on the cost of living crisis and government policies failing miserably - instead we have at best client journalism, at worst by shady deals/blackmail. Also explains the Glen Owen Mail on Sunday extreme behaviour. It’s no better than Russia and Putin. Make the Mail put the Conservative party logo across the top for 12 months to highlight the non independence for the stupid.

Corrupt, even for this lot.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

What’s been missed here today - Ok I don’t like the bloke but he’s 100% correct as I’d heard similar - is that basically the Mail - mainly but not only - is running these ‘burn WFH people in the nearest town square’ front page rubbish pieces of sixth form garbage everyday because the Metro was going to bankrupt them without the advertising revenue from London commuters (of which I was one) picking up a copy on the way home. 

So fuck reporting on the cost of living crisis and government policies failing miserably - instead we have at best client journalism, at worst by shady deals/blackmail. Also explains the Glen Owen Mail on Sunday extreme behaviour. It’s no better than Russia and Putin. Make the Mail put the Conservative party logo across the top for 12 months to highlight the non independence for the stupid.

Corrupt, even for this lot.

Absolutely but don’t forget Batman knows one too scared to work and Turkish knew one who was sick. I think even the Mail may have underestimated their readership to see through this agenda. Although at the same time nothing surprises me now trying to fathom how little reasoning ability, or actual experience so many have, Derrr how do people have a job working with information that ain’t work

4 hours ago, The Left Back said:

A grown man stalking another on an Internet forum isn’t particularly edifying behaviour but then he has previous. He did the same to others on the Ugly Inside forum and managed to get himself banned. If he has children I wonder how they would feel about their Dad stalking strangers on Internet forums. Still, he loves the attention and will be enjoying this. I guess it is topical as we have major trials concerning narcissists going on at the moment but Turkish has a way to go before he is in the Amber Heard and Rebekah Vardy league.

6 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

A grown man stalking another on an Internet forum isn’t particularly edifying behaviour but then he has previous. He did the same to others on the Ugly Inside forum and managed to get himself banned. If he has children I wonder how they would feel about their Dad stalking strangers on Internet forums. Still, he loves the attention and will be enjoying this. I guess it is topical as we have major trials concerning narcissists going on at the moment but Turkish has a way to go before he is in the Amber Heard and Rebekah Vardy league.

Major trials :mcinnes:

Walter Mitty strikes again.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

More lies! YOu lied when you kept saying i got banned for having multiple accounts now it's because i am stalking people, when you're a compulsive bullshitter you need to have a good memory old boy or you'll regularly trip overyourself, which funnily enough you always do. I enjoy calling out all your bullshit and piety fella. Preaching across mutiple forums with your pious attitude and endless bullshitting. A grown man probably close to drawing his pension using an internet forum to try to prove to strangers what a lovely bloke he is and actually knows a few people of colour! I wonder if your missus knows you're always defending domestic violence abusers on internet forums.......

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Major trials :mcinnes:

Rooney / Vardy and Heard Depp are two of the most read stories and have been for two weeks. I know you didnt miss it because you and Turkish make up 30% of the posts, commenting on every development.  

Pity you feel the need to fellow travel. Are both your lives really so empty that you get your jollies repeatedly stalking one poster on this site? Turkish even has his own OCD thread. Is that not enough that you have to pollute this one too? 

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, rallyboy said:

Claimed that 96% supported the privatisation of Channel 4 whereas it was the opposite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buctootim said:

Rooney / Vardy and Heard Depp are two of the most read stories and have been for two weeks. I know you didnt miss it because you and Turkish make up 30% of the posts, commenting on every development.  

Pity you feel the need to fellow travel. Are both your lives really so empty that you get your jollies repeatedly stalking one poster on this site? Turkish even has his own OCD thread. Is that not enough that you have to pollute this one too? 

Turkish is way ahead on the posting count averaging 7 posts every day for the past 15 years which I think is quite impressive although, as Mrs ecuk268 points out, size isn't everything.

SOG is way behind managing only 2.5 posts per day over 16 years.

Must try harder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Kit Cunthouse showing himself to be an even bigger bellend than even I thought possible...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/may/19/dont-let-people-off-if-they-steal-food-in-desperation-minister-tells-police-kit-malthouse

According to him, criminal behaviour leads to poverty, not the other way round.

I had to listen to that twat talking on the radio on car journey yesterday teatime about cracking down on cocaine use at football matches. More irrelevant grandstanding and he got cut to ribbons by the following speakers.

Er Kit, it’s been widespread at gigs, festivals, clubs/pubs, City of London Thursday night out as well as football matches for donkeys years. It’s hardly unique to one sport you tool.

The reason it’s more prevalent is your party’s ludicrous austerity which slashed police numbers and caved morale, which has given the dealers, and county lines suppliers a field day. You’ve only got to see shows like Inside the Force 24/7 on C5 with the Lincolnshire Force to see the 9 or so single crewed units going out during the Euros last summer and trying to stem a tide of boozed up, coked up city centre. That’s on top of the DV calls etc and post lockdown social issues and suicides they have to contend with as well from the pandemic and the social damage from the failures of markets and cost of living which has got worse since. 

As a Lib Dem voter, I hated the Iraq War but I have to say Blair kicked this lots sorry arses on crime prevention and resourcing. 

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Or stop being a tight arse and pay £5. 

Probably the Government’s fault, he has to decide between eating and posting. 

Pay a fiver a year to be stalked by the resident WUMs who will have even more posts to jump all over? I think not.

Anyway, back to Johnson. I don’t see how he is supposedly off the hook just because he managed to swerve more fines. He has already been found guilty of breaking his own law. He lied to Parliament about the parties and he lied to Parliament about attending the parties. He still needs to resign. It sounds like the Grey report could well be watered down too. If he has nothing to worry about, why not publish it in full?

As for the focus on Partygate preventing the Government from getting on with other serious matters, what a load of tosh. As if everything comes to a halt just because of one matter. Are we expected to believe that work on the economic crisis, on the Irish border issue and Ukraine have all ground to a halt just because of Johnson’s indiscretions?

Johnson clearly hoped that the longer he could drag it out, the more likely people were to get fed up with it. That doesn’t seem to be the case for many.

Edited by sadoldgit

10 hours ago, buctootim said:

Saw on Twitter someone asking whether the winners of Rooney / Vardy and Heard / Depp met in a grand final 😁 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, buctootim said:

Nuremberg was a 'major trial'. Arguably, George Floyd was a 'major trial'.

The two you mention that Soggy also thinks are 'major trials' are merely civil proceedings undertaken by people with far more money than sense and an underlying narcissistic need to be the centre of attention.

Most read stories, yes, major trials, no.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

The two you mention that Soggy also thinks are 'major trials' are merely civil proceedings undertaken by people with far more money than sense and an underlying narcissistic need to be the centre of attention.

A few of those on here.

According to Andrea Leadsom, Parliament could "burn down any day" unless 'urgent' repairs are made. It is estimated that the costs of repairs might run to over £22bn and take over 20 years. Surely it would be quicker and cheaper to let it burn down and build a replacement ?

33 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

According to Andrea Leadsom, Parliament could "burn down any day" unless 'urgent' repairs are made. It is estimated that the costs of repairs might run to over £22bn and take over 20 years. Surely it would be quicker and cheaper to let it burn down and build a replacement ?

I reckon that would be best all round (except the burning down bit). The Palace of Westminster may be a grand old piece of magnificent architecture steeped in history, but is it really fit for purpose in this day and age? The HoC doesn't even have enough seats to accommodate all 650 MPs FFS, let alone allow for other modern things like electronic voting (that pretty much all other countries use).

The desire of many to stay there stems purely from tradition and sentiment rather than practicality. It's just another representation of how our entire political system is stuck in the past.

Build a new parliament building that's fit for purpose and open it up as a tourist attraction to recoup the costs. Seems the obvious course of action to me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I reckon that would be best all round (except the burning down bit). The Palace of Westminster may be a grand old piece of magnificent architecture steeped in history, but is it really fit for purpose in this day and age? The HoC doesn't even have enough seats to accommodate all 650 MPs FFS, let alone allow for other modern things like electronic voting (that pretty much all other countries use).

The desire of many to stay there stems purely from tradition and sentiment rather than practicality. It's just another representation of how our entire political system is stuck in the past.

Build a new parliament building that's fit for purpose and open it up as a tourist attraction to recoup the costs. Seems the obvious course of action to me.

Couldn’t agree more. Move it to the Midlands too. Also leave Jacob Rees-Mogg behind as the curator.

Build a chamber that encourages proper debate rather than the tribalistic yarhooing we get at the moment.

The whole thing needs an overhaul from top to bottom from the voting system, the way MPs are policed, the bars, the salary/expenses, accountability…everything basically. If, post Brexit, we want to build a modern, forward looking Britain, we also need to start with kicking out Johnson and his embarrassingly incompetent cabinet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Well known for a long time. Probably Britain’s most dangerous building even without the idiots who inhabit it. Clearly a huge fire risk but the biggest issue I’m aware of is the sheer quantity of friable asbestos. Contractors and staff were exposed in a recent renovation project on the HoC to the extent the HSE was called in and catering staff are constantly put at risk through moving doors and basements full of the stuff pushing trollies out etc. I’ve seen close relatives who worked in Southampton docks die of asbestosis and it’s a horrific way to go. 

Look at the quote from JRM, what a twat https://www.politico.eu/article/dozens-warned-of-asbestos-exposure-after-incident-in-uk-parliament/

6 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Let's just hope that you are not around when there is a "major trial". You have posted pretty often on the subject of a "minor trial".  God knows how the forum would cope with all your posts  if you started to opine on the subject of a "major trial". 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tamesaint said:

Let's just hope that you are not around when there is a "major trial". You have posted pretty often on the subject of a "minor trial".  God knows how the forum would cope with all your posts  if you started to opine on the subject of a "major trial". 😁

Especially a minor trial at the Royal Courts of Justice in the Strand, where only about 0.01% of the 1.2 million civil cases each year end up.   

Would anyone buy a used car off of these people? The more he tried to ignore the question the more it sounded like it was called by Johnson. This is what happens when you are called upon to defend an habitual liar with no integrity. Two more years of this bullshit. Happy days.

17 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Would anyone buy a used car off of these people? The more he tried to ignore the question the more it sounded like it was called by Johnson. This is what happens when you are called upon to defend an habitual liar with no integrity. Two more years of this bullshit. Happy days.

The story seems to be that Boris suggested to Sue Grey that a meeting might be a good idea, she didn't really want to meet but deferred to the PM and sent a few suggested dates/times when she was available. Downing Street are claiming that as she sent the actual invite it was 'her' meeting.

Edited by badgerx16

We are in a post-truth world where many voters won't admit their mistakes, don't care about honesty, and would listen to that ridiculous interview and still claim that Boris is a lovely bloke who has done nothing wrong.

(and some are as thick as pig shit and believe every fucking word, so they vote themselves into poverty and watch their taxes disappear through blatant corruption) 🙂

• Like 4

Yesterday the Mail on Sunday told us in banner headlines on its front page that the Rwandan asylum scheme was working. Today we learn that 234 asylum seekers landed on the south coast yesterday in small boats. Not front page news in the Mail today strangely.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Yesterday the Mail on Sunday told us in banner headlines on its front page that the Rwandan asylum scheme was working. Today we learn that 234 asylum seekers landed on the south coast yesterday in small boats. Not front page news in the Mail today strangely.

Dear god. 

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Mail and MOS very obedient at present on most government policies as Boris and JRM been pushing out the ‘work from home is evil’ message to help save their advertising revenues on the Metro at the Major rail terminals which had been keeping them afloat. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.