Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

Just now, SKD said:

And this is the issue. I think everyone likes Ralph, but he’s trying to play a style and system that doesn’t suit our players and isn’t willing to change. 

Yep, great fella, I enjoy the energy we play with, his energy is terrific, there's lots to like. 

I don't think he isn't willing to change, rather that he knows nothing else. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, supersonic said:

What if, what if. That's all you offer and it's boring.

We've been the worst team in the league at pretty much every statistic for the past 6 months and you seem to think somehow things are going to change when the manager sticks to the same style of play. 😴

I make it that we're 14th over the past 6 months

Screenshot_20210425-221505.png

10 minutes ago, egg said:

Yep. I really can't fathom what people think Ralph is a capable of doing to suddenly start getting results. There's been loads of posts on this thread over teh last couple of days from people saying give Ralph time, and unless I've overlooked it, not one person has said what they think will change. 

It is hard to see how things are going to change this season, to be honest. But there's really no value to pulling the trigger now, and strange things can happen.

I still think that what could change over the summer is Romeu could get fit and we could sign an attacking left back, and suddenly Ralph's system works again

11 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

This is it in a nutshell. 

That’s see how the season pans out before deciding whether he should go. However, I really can’t see anything changing. You can’t give players heart, he seems incapable of changing course and sides aren’t suddenly going to forget how to counter his tactics. We read that his finger prints are all over the club, that his style is imposed on all our sides, if that’s the case then results in the lower age groups damn him as well. 

Nothing will change because he won't change the style of play. He's literally offering nothing apart from hoping the same system will work and we'll come up against a team having an off day. 

It was fine when the style worked, but that's the easy part, now it's not working he's been exposed for how tactically inept he really is, but people want to give him a bit more time because he jumps up and down when we score. 

He's out of his depth and has run out of ideas, you're pretty deluded if you honestly think otherwise. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ex Lion Tamer said:

No one disputes that we're in a really bad run of form. But losing KWP and Romeu, along with our lack of depth at full back, have been massive contributors to that run

In fact it's worse than that, we've been rock bottom since matchday 13. In all my time as a fan, I've honestly never heard so many excuses for a manager. 

Screenshot_2021-04-25-22-25-54-59.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

No one disputes that we're in a really bad run of form. But losing KWP and Romeu, along with our lack of depth at full back, have been massive contributors to that run

Who decided to let our two back up full backs go out on loan? And who also refuses to play any other CM other than JWP and Diallo, regardless of how they play? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Who decided to let our two back up full backs go out on loan? And who also refuses to play any other CM other than JWP and Diallo, regardless of how they play? 

Vokins and Valery aren't good enough. It's madness that people think they would have changed anything. The problem was that the club wasn't able to bring in a replacement.

Armstrong started in place of Diallo in the last game, so perhaps that is the solution, although he's hardly a Romeu replacement. Clearly Ralph doesn't think Jankewitz is up to it - I haven't actually seen him play properly but I wouldn't be judging on a Swiss u21 appearance, and none of us know what is going on behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

Vokins and Valery aren't good enough. It's madness that people think they would have changed anything. The problem was that the club wasn't able to bring in a replacement.

Armstrong started in place of Diallo in the last game, so perhaps that is the solution, although he's hardly a Romeu replacement. Clearly Ralph doesn't think Jankewitz is up to it - I haven't actually seen him play properly but I wouldn't be judging on a Swiss u21 appearance, and none of us know what is going on behind the scenes.

Valery is better than Ramsay and Djenepo at RB. It was a total farce letting both of them go without a replacement lined up, but Ralph knew what he was doing, apparently. 

Armstrong plays well in CM, but it totally stifles our play further forwards, but again, that can't possibly be the managers faults can it? 

The same as us conceding the most goals in 2021 isn't his fault, fewest points picked up: not his fault, most points dropped from winning position: not his fault, no goal scored later than 65 mins in 19 games: not his fault, sticking rigidly to the same tactics and expecting something different to happen: not his fault....

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Valery is better than Ramsay and Djenepo at RB. It was a total farce letting both of them go without a replacement lined up, but Ralph knew what he was doing, apparently. 

Armstrong plays well in CM, but it totally stifles our play further forwards, but again, that can't possibly be the managers faults can it? 

The same as us conceding the most goals in 2021 isn't his fault, fewest points picked up: not his fault, most points dropped from winning position: not his fault, no goal scored later than 65 mins in 19 games: not his fault, sticking rigidly to the same tactics and expecting something different to happen: not his fault....

Even if we accept your points, I'm not trying to claim that Ralph is perfect. We're not going to get someone perfect at our level. Just that it is worth waiting a while longer to see if he can turn it around. His good spell justifies that. He has shown he can get teams outperforming their ability throughout his career. If he can't turn it around then we'll look elsewhere in the summer or early next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, egg said:

In fact it's worse than that, we've been rock bottom since matchday 13. In all my time as a fan, I've honestly never heard so many excuses for a manager

Screenshot_2021-04-25-22-25-54-59.jpg

This. Wake up and smell the coffee before the great Alpine Klopp sends us over the precipice whilst some of you are still humming along to the sound of music! 

8 hours ago, supersonic said:

What if, what if. That's all you offer and it's boring.

We've been the worst team in the league at pretty much every statistic for the past 6 months and you seem to think somehow things are going to change when the manager sticks to the same style of play. 😴

Well, you're getting pretty rude aren't you. Why are you saying what if what if that's all I offer - clearly you haven't been keeping up or you'd notice ive said many things.

You and your cronies failing to answer questions is getting pretty tiresome too. 

Who said we will stick to the same style of play, and so what if he does, and has different players to play.

Again, you're now with the what it's.

Funny, hey...

8 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You’d think not, but I guess it depends how he conducts interviews and of course the famous measure of , how many points he’s got. Is it a good 8th or a bad 8th. 

Why are you asking me that, I never got involved in those discussions on here. 

I actually agreed with both sides on that spat - each team deserves where they finish, and points is a good measure of success also.

I also think you're right about Puel, he should have been given more time, but I understand why not as the football was pretty dull, but think he should have had a 2nd season.

I've never once had a view on how Ralph interviews on here either.

I've said, consistently, that I'm concerned, just as you are, with our form, but I'd stick with Ralph atm.

Pretty sure you said a few says ago you wouldn't sack him yet also. 

I was pretty embarrassed by the crying after the Liverpool game, didnt think it necessary but I do like that he cares. That doesn't make him a better manager than Puel for example because he appears to care, I also felt Puel cared a lot but people show things in different ways.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, egg said:

Yep. I really can't fathom what people think Ralph is a capable of doing to suddenly start getting results. There's been loads of posts on this thread over teh last couple of days from people saying give Ralph time, and unless I've overlooked it, not one person has said what they think will change. 

That's cos you dont want to look hard enough isn't it sailor.

It's also funny how people like you appear to offer fuck all about what they would do by changing the manager to who, and how they will play with the same players.

I've said, plenty of times, if he is going to be backed in the summer, then he should stay on the basis Ralph can be good, as he will have more and different players to use. 

If the club aren't going to do this, he may aswell go.

7 hours ago, supersonic said:

🥱 I've probably missed it, but people who have a different view can also think Ralph is partly to blame, lots of people have said this.

Why do you keep saying people cant see it's his fault and stuff?

Also, I agree some of his subs have come too late, but in part could that be cos he doesn't have quality players to bring on 3 times a game?

Would it be better for you and others if all the people who see things slightly differently told you we agree with you? You are right and we are wrong?

It seems there is such a thirst in the world today to be proved constantly fucking correct. I may be wrong in wanting to give Ralph more time, who gives a shit, it's only an opinion after all.

Edited by Billy the Kidd

7 hours ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

Even if we accept your points, I'm not trying to claim that Ralph is perfect. We're not going to get someone perfect at our level. Just that it is worth waiting a while longer to see if he can turn it around. His good spell justifies that. He has shown he can get teams outperforming their ability throughout his career. If he can't turn it around then we'll look elsewhere in the summer or early next season.

You cant say this, as apparently people who dont think he should be dragged by horse through streets of Southampton whilst having rotten fruit and veg thrown at him are clearly wrong, think he is blameless by the Cult of Ralph, etc.

Whereas back in reality, plenty of people have said he should shoulder some blame etc, but let's keep him for now as this could turn out good again, etc etc...

Your post, some that I've written and a few other have basically said exactly what you've written, but apparently all that is ever said is keep Ralph, he is blameless.

11 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh. Once Gabbiadini signed, we looked like a different side, like we could beat anyone.

Unfortunately we didn't win the League Cup Final, and apart from that our best run of form meant getting two wins in a row, twice. 

If we can get someone better, great, but I'd be keen to know who. I would probably accept BFS by that point as I'm pretty sure he will be available with West Brom getting close but no cigar (They hired him way too late - as I write, Villa equalise 😂). What stops me from losing my patience with Hasenhuttl just yet is that every side, without exceptions has had the occasional dip in form this season which is surely related to Covid. Of course it's up to us to be at the top end rather than where we are, but I'd like to see him have a go, and get to November before we decide on the axe.

I would take BFS any day over Wreck It Ralph.

Ours isn't a dip in form, it's a slide (and that's putting it mildly).

Next November might be too late, I'd rather he go ASAP. Don't mind Roy Hodgson if Palace thinks he's too old and lets him go.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, supersonic said:

You forgot the double 9-0's, tsk tsk!

22 hours ago, egg said:

That's like saying that a man who once made his wife cum 3 times a day shouldn't be surprised that he gets dumped when he can't get it up anymore. 

Ralph has the same players at his disposal (plus Minamino) as he did when we were doing brilliantly. The only person who's to blame for them not performing as they once did is Ralph. The only person responsible for shit in game management and inability to alter tactics to our advantage is Ralph. 

He's become an impotent manager. 

Applies to Mourinho too.

13 hours ago, aintforever said:

I would wait untll the end of the season to judge, if we finish with some decent results he’s worth another shot next season IMO. It has been a freak season.

look at our position in the league after yesterday's results!! Most embarassing

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

Next November might be too late, I'd rather he go ASAP. Don't mind Roy Hodgson if Palace thinks he's too old and lets him go.

Please no. Too old for Palace, but young enough for Saints......

Personally, if there is a parting of ways I’d look at a fresh face rather than those old gits. Maybe John Terry, he’d sort a few of our Nancy boys out. 

It’s not easy picking managers, whoever thought Leicester made the right decision picking Ranieri. Right man, right time. Unless you know the full story of what goes on behind the scenes it’s really hard to determine what type of manger we need. My Leicester mate reckons Ranieri was perfect that season,  because they needed an arm round them and light touch management. The following season he was the worst option possible as they needed a kick up the backside and a line drawn under the title win, Ranieri was too emotional and too soft to do so. We really need to know what type of manager we need before picking one, and you’d hope the powers that be do know. From afar we look soft and mentally weak, but who really knows. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

18 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Personally, if there is a parting of ways I’d look at a fresh face rather than those old gits. Maybe John Terry, he’d sort a few of our Nancy boys out. 

It’s not easy picking managers, whoever thought Leicester made the right decision picking Ranieri. Right man, right time. Unless you know the full story of what goes on behind the scenes it’s really hard to determine what type of manger we need. My Leicester mate reckons Ranieri was perfect that season,  because they needed an arm round them and light touch management. The following season he was the worst option possible as they needed a kick up the backside and a line drawn under the title win, Ranieri was too emotional and too soft to do so. We really need to know what type of manager we need before picking one, and you’d hope the powers that be do know. From afar we look soft and mentally weak, but who really knows. 

I think you can add to that assessment that there are a few 'bad eggs' who need some tough love or to be shown the exit door for the sake of the team. What we need now is leadership, team spirit, and toughness. Ralph is not the man for this.

46 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

How many of the clubs above us do you think we should be above?

Why do you keep pursuing this rather bizarre line of questioning?

We are a bottom six side forever now?

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

What about it is embarassing to you? How many of the clubs above us do you think we should be above?

I can't speak for him, but for me it's the "embarrassing"  decline from "elephant in the room" to "anyone starting to look nervously at the table". 

15 hours ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

But apparently theses are “excuses” and not “reasons” and don’t count. It is blatantly obvious that the first team, when on form, are a match for anyone. The problem is no depth so that long term injuries to several key players have led to below par performances and results. You can throw in our inability to play high tempo for a whole game into the mix. The manager is responsible for dealing with these problems but, as we know, has not been supported in the transfer market. That is hardly his fault. From day 1 he has talked about having two players for every position and we don’t have that (not quality wise anyway). If we are going to progress next year recruitment over the summer is crucial. It doesn’t matter who the manager is, without an injection of quality any manager is going to struggle for a whole season with this bunch.

10 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

But apparently theses are “excuses” and not “reasons” and don’t count. It is blatantly obvious that the first team, when on form, are a match for anyone. The problem is no depth so that long term injuries to several key players have led to below par performances and results. You can throw in our inability to play high tempo for a whole game into the mix. The manager is responsible for dealing with these problems but, as we know, has not been supported in the transfer market. That is hardly his fault. From day 1 he has talked about having two players for every position and we don’t have that (not quality wise anyway). If we are going to progress next year recruitment over the summer is crucial. It doesn’t matter who the manager is, without an injection of quality any manager is going to struggle for a whole season with this bunch.

I would argue that he has had reasonable support in the market and yet some of his buys have not really been that spectacular (Djenepo, Adams, Diallo, Salisu, Danso (farcical)). Not bad but not very good. Certainly not a Mane or van Dijk amongst them.

Most teams have suffered with injuries this season so we are not very different and don't forget Ralph boasted when he arrived he liked working with a small squad.

He has persisted with players who have just not been good enough (Redmond in particular) and made bizarre selections inc the recent one to drop Forster and not give the young Swiss player who got sent off at OT another chance even though we have been struggling in the middle of the park. Tella looked great when he was introduced but after a cracking game at Sheffield United he was benched. Minamino was a bizarre signing - what we needed was a full back. So Ralph has to take some blame. He was been manager for the worst two results in our 136 year history and couldn't even get a point v 9 man Newcastle. Crucially he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and that is suicide in the PL. He is good at communicating with the fans, he has a likeable, credible personality and I wish he was a better manager or even an improving one but sadly I think he is holed beneath the water line and in charge of a ship that might not be sinking but is in peril. Trouble is do we trust the Board to find us a decent manager to replace him. That's another argument I suppose.

29 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

I would argue that he has had reasonable support in the market and yet some of his buys have not really been that spectacular (Djenepo, Adams, Diallo, Salisu, Danso (farcical)). Not bad but not very good. Certainly not a Mane or van Dijk amongst them.

Most teams have suffered with injuries this season so we are not very different and don't forget Ralph boasted when he arrived he liked working with a small squad.

He has persisted with players who have just not been good enough (Redmond in particular) and made bizarre selections inc the recent one to drop Forster and not give the young Swiss player who got sent off at OT another chance even though we have been struggling in the middle of the park. Tella looked great when he was introduced but after a cracking game at Sheffield United he was benched. Minamino was a bizarre signing - what we needed was a full back. So Ralph has to take some blame. He was been manager for the worst two results in our 136 year history and couldn't even get a point v 9 man Newcastle. Crucially he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and that is suicide in the PL. He is good at communicating with the fans, he has a likeable, credible personality and I wish he was a better manager or even an improving one but sadly I think he is holed beneath the water line and in charge of a ship that might not be sinking but is in peril. Trouble is do we trust the Board to find us a decent manager to replace him. That's another argument I suppose.

Broadly agree with your post and his decision making over the last 4 months has been dreadful. The ship is in quite some peril with Gao owning. However, on comparing the signings, £12m or so did get you a VVD, Tadic or Mane. It did also get you a Shane Long in the mid 2010s! The players Ralph has signed are in a similar price bracket but the industry has moved on and a Mane type gem, if you can find one with the ESL clubs hoovering them up and loaning them out helped by greedy agents, would be at least £20m which the club can’t/won’t pay. The club might find a single sub-£10m signing this summer who is a hit - Andresen would have been bought for that from Lyon - but not the 6-7 they need. 

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

What about it is embarassing to you? How many of the clubs above us do you think we should be above?

Why do you continue with this ridiculous question.

How does who you finish above define your season? After Leicester narrowly avoided relegation every single fan would expect us to finish above them the following season. Was our 6th place finished tainted because we didn’t? FFS we even got relegated despite finishing above Manchester Utd.

After the end of last season I’d imagine most supporters were expecting  us to be top 10 this one. Certainly no worse than we were last season. As I posted earlier 11th is about par, yet it’s all redefined so the cult can reassess Ralph’s record. All of a sudden he’s doing well because we can’t compete with Villa or West Ham. What a load of pony. There’s the big 6, then the slightly bigger 2, after that there’s no reason whatsoever we shouldn’t be the best of the rest or even nip ahead of a couple of the 8 (if they have a poor season) with a decent manager it could well happen regularly 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

I broadly agree with you but how many of the signings are  purely down to Ralph and how many to down the chairman?

10 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

How does who you finish above define your season? After Leicester narrowly avoided relegation every single fan would expect us to finish above them the following season. Was our 6th place finished tainted because we didn’t? FFS we even got relegated despite finishing above Manchester Utd.

After the end of last season I’d imagine most supporters were expecting  us to be top 10 this one. Certainly no worse than we were last season. As I posted earlier 11th is about par, yet it’s all redefined so the cult can reassess Ralph’s record. All of a sudden he’s doing well because we can’t compete with Villa or West Ham. What a load of pony. There’s the big 6, then the slightly bigger 2, after that there’s no reason whatsoever we shouldn’t be the best of the rest or even nip ahead of a couple of the 8 (if they have a poor season) with a decent manager it could well happen regularly 

And could we not just be having a poor season like you suggest above (bold)?  Who knows, next season we could well be miles better. We couldnt get much worse.

3 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I broadly agree with you but how many of the signings are  purely down to Ralph and how many to down the chairman?

I am under the impression the manager has the final say. Could be wrong but in the absence on non footballing people on the Board it’s a fair assumption I reckon. 

8 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

And could we not just be having a poor season like you suggest above (bold)?  Who knows, next season we could well be miles better. We couldnt get much worse.

Why don't you look at the actual evidence and not just cling on to blind optimism?

The blokes been here 3 years.

What's got to happen?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

Not really sure where we slipped from, we finished 17th and 16th before his first full season. 

The rot well and truly set in before Ralph, it’s deluded to think otherwise - we’ve been an awful team with one of the worst squads in the league since 2017.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Nancy boys? The 1970’s called and want their homophobic stereotyping back.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Nemi said:

Not really sure where we slipped from, we finished 17th and 16th before his first full season. 

The rot well and truly set in before Ralph, it’s deluded to think otherwise - we’ve been an awful team with one of the worst squads in the league since 2017.

This isn’t true, though. It’s an excuse. 

we’re lacking some very important skills (I.e a leader at the back and a bit of creativity in the middle), but I don’t think we have one of the worst squads in the league. Depth isn’t great, but Ralph himself wanted a smaller squad. 

I’d say as things stand we should mid table - top 10. Add in a leader and a bit of quality in the ‘10’ and CB and we’ll have a squad that on paper should be capable of challenging for Europe. 

We’ve got a striker (and arguably a CB) who outside the big 6 (Vardy and DCL aside) is the best in the league. 

The trouble is, what we need to push us on, they cost £ and would be more than were willing to spend. 

Take ings out and yes, we will have a very poor team as there just aren’t the goals to keep us up. 

Edited by SKD

35 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

I am under the impression the manager has the final say. Could be wrong but in the absence on non footballing people on the Board it’s a fair assumption I reckon. 

That ought to be the case but historically there have been some clubs where the chairman, for all sorts of reasons, handles the transfer dealings without consulting the manager/headcoach/whatever.

Sometimes the chairmen agree a deal between themselves and inform the team manager afterwards.

The only thing keeping Ralph in his job (from a fans persective) I think is that when we are at our best we are very good. 

Unfortunately I can't remember the last time that happened and for me that is why he needs to go. 

The injuries completed scuppered the season and as much as that's not his fault directly I think he has struggled with tactics, subs and getting the players fit enough. 

I think we should have a massive clear out, owner, manager, coaching staff and players. 

Easier said than done of course but I think it's that bad and perfect timing for all of that to happen. 

7 minutes ago, SKD said:

This isn’t true, though. It’s an excuse. 

we’re lacking some very important skills (I.e a leader at the back and a bit of creativity in the middle), but I don’t think we have one of the worst squads in the league. Depth isn’t great, but Ralph himself wanted a smaller squad. 

I’d say as things stand we should mid table - top 10. Add in a leader and a bit of quality in the ‘10’ and CB and we’ll have a squad that on paper should be capable of challenging for Europe. 

We’ve got a striker (and arguably a CB) who outside the big 6 (Vardy and DCL aside) is the best in the league. 

The trouble is, what we need to push us on, they cost £ and would be more than were willing to spend. 

Take ings out and yes, we will have a very poor team as there just aren’t the goals to keep us up. 

Ralph never wanted a smaller squad. He would have been the first manager in the history of the game to want to restrict his options. That is patently just a bit of SFC PR bull when it became abundantly obvious there was no money in the coffers to support decent acquisitions that would enhance his squad. He may well have said don't bother giving me a pile of squad fillers who won't help but that's very different. The same way as through several transfer windows he talked about the need for players and positions to strengthen that never happened and then he came out with the 'we decided we didn't need any more players'. Yeah OK then. 

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

We get a decent manager/players/chief executive/chairman and they are taken away. It is a constant downward spiral of despair. If we finish 8th the manager is poached (apart from Puel where we sacked him lol)so to expect a year on year 8th position or thereabouts is a fantasy. 

I find it very hard to enjoy football now, and definitely try not to have a Saints hero in the squad as they soon leave,

Edited by OldNick

5 minutes ago, Greenridge said:

Ralph never wanted a smaller squad. He would have been the first manager in the history of the game to want to restrict his options. That is patently just a bit of SFC PR bull when it became abundantly obvious there was no money in the coffers to support decent acquisitions that would enhance his squad. He may well have said don't bother giving me a pile of squad fillers who won't help but that's very different. The same way as through several transfer windows he talked about the need for players and positions to strengthen that never happened and then he came out with the 'we decided we didn't need any more players'. Yeah OK then. 

Nope. He wanted a smaller squad with youngsters making up the rest. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17383445.amp/

14 minutes ago, Greenridge said:

Ralph never wanted a smaller squad. He would have been the first manager in the history of the game to want to restrict his options.

He definitely did.

I can remember him saying it when he first got here.

That was one of the first things he said 

He said the squad was too big or something and it's one of my biggest criticisms of Ralph.

He stripped our squad right down which is why he's been playing players out of position.

Edited by JustinSFC

4 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

He definitely did.

I can remember him saying it when he first got here.

That was one of the first things he said 

He said the squad was too big or something and it's one of my biggest criticisms of Ralph.

He stripped our squad right down which is why he's been playing players out of position.

Sorry, I don't buy it. The squad was full of bloated average players which is why he wanted it smaller. Even in the window from the article SKD quoted they are talking of buying players. Better players. Youngsters too because that's 'the SFC Way' which means we don't have any money.

I don't believe that he was the decision maker for (all) the players that left and where we have subsequently been exposed. I think those decisions were taken out of his hands due to financial constraints. I'm not defending him. I think he's having an absolute stinker at the moment. But we are all worldly-wise enough to know that all clubs have PR-spin and the fact that he openly talked of needing new players and indicated they were going to happen for then to say 'actually, we don't need them after-all' is just too much to swallow for me.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl