Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

It seems his footprint across the whole club is failing.  Look at the state of the others teams at the club!

This is the really worrying thing confidence is at an all time low across the academy teams as well we are well and truly stuck in a rut, no crowds have benefited RH not saying he should be booed but he hasn't had to deal with that either 

Might as well get rid of him now and give the new manager chance to assess the squad before the summer .

ralph is tactically naive and is showing no signs of turning this around ..

think we need a new manager who first and foremost makes us hard to beat, not too bothered about playing attacking football so not too excited by Howe .

lampard is the man for me, intelligent manager with a good record reminds me very much of the profile of hoddle when we brought him in 

• Like 2

Fact is his style of football doesn't work in the PL. Why the club have allowed him nearly 3 years to confirm this is anybody's guess. It can only be his charm in front of the cameras that keeps him in his job in this media obsessed age. Any publicity is good publicity.

One day, Semens will wake up and see the naked truth! The longer that Ralph is here, the greater the confirmation of the incompetence and ineffectuality of the management team that keeps him in post.

Edited by Charlie Wayman
  • Like 1

I don't think the argument is if Ralph is a good manager so much as if he is a good manager for Saints. I don't think he works for us because we don't have enough of the players he needs for his approach to work over the season. So we need a manager that can work with what he is given. It looks like Nuno might move on from Wolves. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ralph go there and be a great success because they have the money to spend on players that fit his style. For Saints, Lampard could be a good fit. He showed at Chelsea he could work with what he is given. It all went wrong when the transfer ban ended and he had to start buying players. He is also well enough connected to work the loans market. Lampard would though only be a short term option, as soon as he has rehabilitated his managerial career with Saints, like Hoddle did, he will be off.

2 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

What new manager????  Give me a credible list of potential candidates.

Like I said my choice would be lampard, but surely there is others out there that could be a improvement  on Ralph’s bottom of the league form since new year.

howe, jardim Marco Silva Allegri ,Rafa etc there’s plenty of options 

Someone may have mentioned this already but I think Gerrard from Rangers may be a good option.  He’s done really well there and would be able to attract talent like Koeman did.  Whether he’d be interested is up for debate - more challenging league but lack of funds obvs works against us.

I’d like Potter as well, but we’re hardly a big step up from Brighton at this point...  Lampard isn’t a bad shout but I’d hope for a little better

We are on the single worst run of form since we got promoted back to the Prem (and by some margin) – 7 out of a possible 45 points and haven’t got points in consecutive games at all in 2021. We are on track to have conceded 60+ goals for the 3rd season in a row under Ralph having only done that once previously in our promoted season and are currently sitting on a -18 GD which is only better than the -19 under Pellegrino/Hughes in 2017-18 and -20 under Hughes/Hassenhuttl in 2018-19 though with 6 games to go we could easily end up with a worse goal difference than both those seasons.

He’s had 93 league games in charge to get the team to play how he wanted, more than any other manager since our promotion. He’s been able to bring in players such as Djenepo, Adams, KWP, and Salisu with the only major outgoings being Hojberg, Targett and Reed so he’s had some backing and not exactly been stripped of his star players.

The overall picture of his time here also shows a streaky nature to our results – we only got 9 points in our first 13 games last season and looked like relegation candidates until the turn-around that saw consistently good form and results for the rest of the season and carried over to this season up until our current run of torrid results. People talk of ‘confidence players’ but we seem to have turned into a ‘confidence team’. If things are going our way we can play some genuinely great football and when they are not we can look absolutely atrocious. What I’m not sure about is how much of these changes in fortune are down to our Manager and his tactics. From the matches I’ve watched this season though it looks like other teams have either figured out Ralphs tactics or the players can’t play the way Ralph wants them too effectively (probably a bit of both). Either way it’s up to the Manager to adapt strategies if things aren’t working based on the players he has which Ralph hasn’t shown he is capable of.

It looks like we’ll limp over the finish line this season but if the performances and results don’t significantly improve over these last 6 games then I think we really need to look into a replacement for next season because the way things look currently things won’t get any better under Ralph unfortunately.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Diabolus Ex Machina said:

We are on the single worst run of form since we got promoted back to the Prem (and by some margin) – 7 out of a possible 45 points and haven’t got points in consecutive games at all in 2021. We are on track to have conceded 60+ goals for the 3rd season in a row under Ralph having only done that once previously in our promoted season and are currently sitting on a -18 GD which is only better than the -19 under Pellegrino/Hughes in 2017-18 and -20 under Hughes/Hassenhuttl in 2018-19 though with 6 games to go we could easily end up with a worse goal difference than both those seasons.

He’s had 93 league games in charge to get the team to play how he wanted, more than any other manager since our promotion. He’s been able to bring in players such as Djenepo, Adams, KWP, and Salisu with the only major outgoings being Hojberg, Targett and Reed so he’s had some backing and not exactly been stripped of his star players.

The overall picture of his time here also shows a streaky nature to our results – we only got 9 points in our first 13 games last season and looked like relegation candidates until the turn-around that saw consistently good form and results for the rest of the season and carried over to this season up until our current run of torrid results. People talk of ‘confidence players’ but we seem to have turned into a ‘confidence team’. If things are going our way we can play some genuinely great football and when they are not we can look absolutely atrocious. What I’m not sure about is how much of these changes in fortune are down to our Manager and his tactics. From the matches I’ve watched this season though it looks like other teams have either figured out Ralphs tactics or the players can’t play the way Ralph wants them too effectively (probably a bit of both). Either way it’s up to the Manager to adapt strategies if things aren’t working based on the players he has which Ralph hasn’t shown he is capable of.

It looks like we’ll limp over the finish line this season but if the performances and results don’t significantly improve over these last 6 games then I think we really need to look into a replacement for next season because the way things look currently things won’t get any better under Ralph unfortunately.

Can't argue with that . I like his personality and his commitment but it is rapidly dawning on even my glass half full mind that tacticaly he is either lacking or stubborn - either way it's not getting us points.

Was shocked when I read he's had 93 games. Maybe it's down to the last stop start season and this one just not seeming real but in my head he's still new and finding his feet here. 93 games! That's more than enough to have done something about it.

Thanks to  CoVid I've been able to watch almost every game of ours this season on tv and it feels like I've watched virtually the same performance in every one of them. If I've seen eveery game then so have the teams we play against. We can't catch anyone by surprise with our tactics any more, they've all seen them and know how to counteract them. Yet we still haven't learnt to counteract their counteracting tactics. Something needs to change. I'm hoping it's RH working out a Plan B, C & D but if he can't, or is so stubborn it's plan A or nothing then afraid it's time to give someone else a go. Who? No idea who'd take the job right now but one thing is for sure, it needs to someone who relishes a challenge.

2 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Fact is his style of football doesn't work in the PL. Why the club have allowed him nearly 3 years to confirm this is anybody's guess. It can only be his charm in front of the cameras that keeps him in his job in this media obsessed age. Any publicity is good publicity.

One day, Semens will wake up and see the naked truth! The longer that Ralph is here, the greater the confirmation of the incompetence and ineffectuality of the management team that keeps him in post.

It's proven it can work but Ralph's weaknesses is adapting when opposition work us out which more and more teams have done. The wolves game at home is a clear example. First half we were good (looked like top 10 team). Wolves were atrocious so it was obvious they would come out with a rocket up their backside and could only improve. It was clear even before dubious penalty that we were on the ropes and not dealing with Traore playing in-between the lines. Ralph did fook all about it. We didn't even throw caution to the wind until 89th minute when we stuck vestergaard up top. We was still pissing about with the ball at the back up until that point by which point it was far too late to gather any head of steam. His in game management is really lacking. He makes it seriously easy for opposition. Leicester should have been defending for their lives after going one up but we didn't lay a glove at all. The intensity or desire remained exactly the same. If we was on a life support machine it would have been switched off. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The most worrying part for me is the fact we haven't scored a goal in the last 25 minutes of a match for 19 (yes, NINETEEN) games since Redmond's 83rd minute strike v Sheff Utd back in December. (Next lowest in the league is 3 by Sheff Utd)

In the same spell we've conceded 12 goals in last 25 mins.

We're in an awful rot of losing all momentum going into the end of a game and the manager doesn't seem to know how to change that.

(Apart from Burnley), our plan seems to be to get ahead and then cling on, which we clearly can't do either. 

Once safety is mathematically secured, time for Ralph to walk away and give everyone a fresh start 

5 minutes ago, supersonic said:

The most worrying part for me is the fact we haven't scored a goal in the last 25 minutes of a match for 19 (yes, NINETEEN) games since Redmond's 83rd minute strike v Sheff Utd back in December. (Next lowest in the league is 3 by Sheff Utd)

We're in an awful rot of losing all momentum going into the end of a game and the manager doesn't seem to know how to change that.

(Apart from Burnley), our plan seems to be to get ahead and then cling on, which we clearly can't do either. 

Once safety is mathematically secured, time for Ralph to walk away and give everyone a fresh start 

So i do get the concerns about Ralph, but those that keep saying it dont appear, to me at least, be offering a way out of this.

What would you do, who would you try to get?

At least with Ralph we know he can be good.

The only one I would consider right now, if we got rid would be Rafa Benitez, always thought he was a quality manager.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

So i do get the concerns about Ralph, but those that keep saying it dont appear, to me at least, be offering a way out of this.

The only one I would consider right now, if we got rid would be Rafa Benitez, always thought he was a quality manager.

Benitez, Howe, Jardim, AVB I'd all take.

I'd also have Potter from Brighton, but we only employ managers out of work and can't see that changing.

We have been good under Ralph, but it's quite clear things are utterly dreadful and he hasn't got the ideas (nor desire) to change it. 

4 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Benitez, Howe, Jardim, AVB I'd all take.

I'd also have Potter from Brighton, but we only employ managers out of work and can't see that changing.

We have been good under Ralph, but it's quite clear things are utterly dreadful and he hasn't got the ideas (nor desire) to change it. 

Yeah I wouldn’t disagree. isn’t Rafa out of work just now?

Not sure AVB would come here, and Potter wouldn’t leave for Saints, but I like how he has Brighton playing, albeit they dont score enough.

I still would give Ralph more time, but lately i wonder how much his heart is still in it, at times he looks lost and like a beaten man...

1 minute ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Yeah I wouldn’t disagree. isn’t Rafa out of work just now?

Not sure AVB would come here, and Potter wouldn’t leave for Saints, but I like how he has Brighton playing, albeit they dont score enough.

I still would give Ralph more time, but lately i wonder how much his heart is still in it, at times he looks lost and like a beaten man...

How much more time do we give him? When we click, we play well, but that really is the exception rather than the norm.

We're in our worst run of form by a long way since we came back to the PL and he's showing no sign of changing anything. He's messed around with the Keepers and now seems to have two keepers totally lacking confidence, key players are underperforming yet he picks them every week, regardless of how they play (Bertrand, Bednarek, Diallo to name but a few).

And he continues with the same formation and tactics that clearly aren't working, we look knackered by the time we get to the 70th minute, you can't play football for only an hour and expect to be successful. 

It'll take a minor miracle for us to get relegated, so he essentially has 6 "free" games to try new stuff, perhaps play 3 in midfield to stop us getting overloaded and give us more energy towards the end of the game. Or drop to 3 at the back and play with wing-backs. 

I'd have no complaints over a manager trying to change things and it not working, but when they try the same thing, with the same players every week and expect things to change, that's enough for me to lose hope and it signals a time to change. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, supersonic said:

How much more time do we give him? When we click, we play well, but that really is the exception rather than the norm.

We're in our worst run of form by a long way since we came back to the PL and he's showing no sign of changing anything. He's messed around with the Keepers and now seems to have two keepers totally lacking confidence, key players are underperforming yet he picks them every week, regardless of how they play (Bertrand, Bednarek, Diallo to name but a few).

And he continues with the same formation and tactics that clearly aren't working, we look knackered by the time we get to the 70th minute, you can't play football for only an hour and expect to be successful. 

It'll take a minor miracle for us to get relegated, so he essentially has 6 "free" games to try new stuff, perhaps play 3 in midfield to stop us getting overloaded and give us more energy towards the end of the game. Or drop to 3 at the back and play with wing-backs. 

I'd have no complaints over a manager trying to change things and it not working, but when they try the same thing, with the same players every week and expect things to change, that's enough for me to lose hope and it signals a time to change. 

So, I would for sure give him the rest of this season, and if those game go better than recent ones have, I’d give him maybe 10 games tops thinking about it of next season. As i said earlier, i also would see what happens in the summer.

If we get taken over, he may go as part of that clear out, if we dont i think he will stay.

The tactics and formation are what also brought success earlier in the season. I think our issues are now more in the heads than anywhere else, and that is something Ralph has to get over. That said, i think we massively over achieve in the 1st 15 games or so, but i dont think we are as bad as we are currently playing.

I hope to god we dont offer Bertrand a new deal also, I just dont think he has what we need right now.

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I think he would have gone if we could have afforded to sack him. There seems no other logical explanation. 

Not sure, i dont believe that tbh. 

Ralph has a large release clause for clubs who wanted him (not relevant this season) but if we wanted to dismiss him the fee wont be the same, the two things are separate.

It would likely involve paying his contract up, until the point he got another job perhaps.

1 minute ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Not sure, i dont believe that tbh. 

Ralph has a large release clause for clubs who wanted him (not relevant this season) but if we wanted to dismiss him the fee wont be the same, the two things are separate.

It would likely involve paying his contract up, until the point he got another job perhaps.

Get what you are saying. I think in any other season he would have to have gone though. If fans were at SMS I think the pressure would have been huge. Not saying it would have got to Puell or Hughes levels, but think it would have gotten pretty uncomfortable for both Ralph and the board. I really do commend the board for the loyalty that they have showed Ralph, and I like him, I really wanted him to be a success, but its not working at the moment, for whatever reason.

2 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Get what you are saying. I think in any other season he would have to have gone though. If fans were at SMS I think the pressure would have been huge. Not saying it would have got to Puell or Hughes levels, but think it would have gotten pretty uncomfortable for both Ralph and the board. I really do commend the board for the loyalty that they have showed Ralph, and I like him, I really wanted him to be a success, but its not working at the moment, for whatever reason.

Oh i totally agree if fans were in stadiums I think he would have either been sacked, or be very close to it.

I lost commend the Board - this will either prove to be a stroke of genius or a terminal failure of relegation next season.

And I have zero idea why, i just think next season will be good. I’m expecting to be content over the transfer window, and think we may pleasantly surprise people, in a good way that it...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

So, I would for sure give him the rest of this season, and if those game go better than recent ones have, I’d give him maybe 10 games tops thinking about it of next season. As i said earlier, i also would see what happens in the summer.

If we get taken over, he may go as part of that clear out, if we dont i think he will stay.

The tactics and formation are what also brought success earlier in the season. I think our issues are now more in the heads than anywhere else, and that is something Ralph has to get over. That said, i think we massively over achieve in the 1st 15 games or so, but i dont think we are as bad as we are currently playing.

I hope to god we dont offer Bertrand a new deal also, I just dont think he has what we need right now.

I'm torn on acting now or waiting until the end of the season (by acting now I mean getting rid of Ralph and potentially replacing at the end of the season when we know who else is/not available).

I'd also brace ourselves for Ralph walking in the summer, he looks a broken man totally devoid of any ideas. He may choose to walk away and of he gets sniff of a job back in Germany I think he'd jump straight away.

The tactics that work were great, but that's the problem, Ralph has become a one-trick pony and you have to be more than that nowadays, hence why Tony Pulis no longer manages at the top level. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, supersonic said:

I'm torn on acting now or waiting until the end of the season (by acting now I mean getting rid of Ralph and potentially replacing at the end of the season when we know who else is/not available).

I'd also brace ourselves for Ralph walking in the summer, he looks a broken man totally devoid of any ideas. He may choose to walk away and of he gets sniff of a job back in Germany I think he'd jump straight away.

The tactics that work were great, but that's the problem, Ralph has become a one-trick pony and you have to be more than that nowadays, hence why Tony Pulis no longer manages at the top level. 

So, maybe he will start next season with new players, new ideas. I agree Ralph has got a fair bit wrong this season.

I just hope we play the next 6 games far better, get a couple of wins and go again after England lose the Euros.

If he was going to be sacked due to this years poor form he would have gone by now. If he was going to walk ditto. I think that he wants to see this project through as much as possible and seems to have the club’s backing. He has hardly been supported in the transfer market but if we can get the players he wants/needs there is no reason why we can’t have a good season next time round. We have seen what this lot are capable of so we know that the potential is there with the addition of more quality in depth. I would certainly give him to Christmas so long there is some money to spend in the summer. If there isn’t then we need to buckle down for a bumpy ride because whether he stays or goes, without some extra quality we will struggle big time next season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

So, maybe he will start next season with new players, new ideas. I agree Ralph has got a fair bit wrong this season.

I just hope we play the next 6 games far better, get a couple of wins and go again after England lose the Euros.

Where are the new players coming from? If we can't afford to pay off a manager, we aren't going to be refurbishing the side.

Why does he need to wait until next year to try new things, try them now and perhaps we wouldn't be on the worst run of any PL team in the past 6 months.

It's funny you mention England failing, I'd take GS when he becomes available in the summer, but not sure he'd jump back into management that quickly 

16 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Where are the new players coming from? If we can't afford to pay off a manager, we aren't going to be refurbishing the side.

Why does he need to wait until next year to try new things, try them now and perhaps we wouldn't be on the worst run of any PL team in the past 6 months.

It's funny you mention England failing, I'd take GS when he becomes available in the summer, but not sure he'd jump back into management that quickly 

Well, who says we cant afford to pay the manager off?

I think we will spend this summer, they dont have a choice as relegation will be financially worse than actually buying players.

i can see a fair few leaving also.

On 22/04/2021 at 12:13, Diabolus Ex Machina said:

I think this is a very fair summary.  I retain admiration for the 2020 results, which was over a sustained period of time.  Ultimately I think it will come down to whether as a club we are prepared to undertake the radical surgery needed on the squad to give him more of his type of players, or not.  If not I have low confidence that next season will improve.  My preferred outcome is that we do back him

1 hour ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Per my comments earlier my preference is we back Ralph to change the squad.  

But if we won’t, or can’t, then the following who are, or probably will be, out of work I believe are more tactically astute managers who would get better results out of an unchanged squad in my opinion:  Rafa, Hodgson, Lampard, Howe and Allardyce.  And I think all of them would probably come here

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Hodgson? Ffs he’s about 87

Wouldn’t be a progressive choice in his mid 70s and CP have achieved what they can with their current approach. However, you don’t see his teams leak silly goals generally - Fulham and CP were hard to beat, did go wrong at Blackburn but a long time ago, Liverpool wrong time wrong club. If there isn’t a buyer for the club imminent then he’s an option to stop stupid goals and get some physically stronger/quicker players to blend with the squad of lightweights we have. Thought you’d like that?

Allardyce is the other non takeover option. Neither are going to play pretty football - robust counter attack is their forte - but they aren’t always the dinosaurs they are made out to be, pragmatists at clubs where the momentum has stalled. That’s been the case since Koeman and then Gao buying in.

I’d prefer a decent takeover and Gerrard but Gao may not get a buyer in time or choose to soften his price. In which Hodgson or Allardyce have the contact books to find bargains and can set the side up as harder to beat. Let’s face it, Saints can’t be any more of a soft touch than the last 3 horrific months can they?

30 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

Wouldn’t be a progressive choice in his mid 70s and CP have achieved what they can with their current approach. However, you don’t see his teams leak silly goals generally - Fulham and CP were hard to beat, did go wrong at Blackburn but a long time ago, Liverpool wrong time wrong club. If there isn’t a buyer for the club imminent then he’s an option to stop stupid goals and get some physically stronger/quicker players to blend with the squad of lightweights we have. Thought you’d like that?

Allardyce is the other non takeover option. Neither are going to play pretty football - robust counter attack is their forte - but they aren’t always the dinosaurs they are made out to be, pragmatists at clubs where the momentum has stalled. That’s been the case since Koeman and then Gao buying in.

I’d prefer a decent takeover and Gerrard but Gao may not get a buyer in time or choose to soften his price. In which Hodgson or Allardyce have the contact books to find bargains and can set the side up as harder to beat. Let’s face it, Saints can’t be any more of a soft touch than the last 3 horrific months can they?

I get the reasons for that, but you could have a Puell situation all over again. Sacrifice entertainment for results. Claude was the ultimate pragmatist. Although on the flip side, he won't go down in history as a coach with two 9-0 defeats on his record. 

There is a lot of talk about Ralph's style and system, I'm not entirely sure what the stye is than some kind of maniacal unsustainable style that often leaves the defenders exposed and looking foolish and the midfielders burning out during a game, never mind after a succession of games.  A couple of weeks ago I was defending him and citing the fact that he hasn't had the chance to assemble his own team. I'm not sure I trust him to assemble a team  anymore. All academic as we have no funds and we are up for sale. We are in complete limbo, it's a big risk appointing a manager now if the ownership is to change. Like a few others I would give him a few games next season, but if this seasons the trend continues he has to go

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I get the reasons for that, but you could have a Puell situation all over again. Sacrifice entertainment for results. Claude was the ultimate pragmatist. Although on the flip side, he won't go down in history as a coach with two 9-0 defeats on his record. 

Puel played a tactic to suit the players he had and circumstances. Hassenhuttl has carried on with the same tactic week after week regardless of the players he has, with the same mistakes and same results

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, supersonic said:

I think this post is a very good analysis of just one of our serious issues which has not been addressed at all by Ralph.

Ralph appears to be so slow at picking things up and rectifying them. Either we are not fit (no denying the goal stats point to that) or tactically we do not counteract the opponents tactical adjustments. Certainly on so many occasions we are caught with our pants down with too many players far to far advanced leaving acres of space  for opponents to break into.

I can’t even remember the last time we broke with pace! What does that mean? It means that the other team can press and commit forward without risk. 
Ralph controls all of this and yet game after game is the same. 
Fitness must be a factor here though we are blessed with a few average players of course. However there is very little evidence that players are being coached as again, every time we see them it’s like watching a game you’ve seen before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Hassenhuttl has carried on with the same tactic week after week regardless of the players he has, with the same mistakes and same results

Shane Warne once said that Monty Panesar didn’t play 33 Tests, he played the same one 33 times. He never learnt from his mistakes and never changed his approach. 

That’s what this season feels like, the same things over and over and over. Ralph hasn’t managed us in 107 games, he’s managed one game 107 times. 

• Like 4

I really fail to understand how much leeway, time and how many chances some people are prepared to give Ralph? Honestly it's not a pop, and I like Ralph and desperately wanted him to do well but there comes a time when enough is enough. His is not the messiah, and now appears to have lost the players trust and belief. Yes a lot of the players are not good enough and others need a boot up the backside but Ralph has a lot to answer for which has been discussed at length. I find it ludicrous to see him associated with Spurs and top German clubs - no top club would go anywhere near him.

He is a one trick pony who has been well sussed tactically by other mangers, and is stubborn too boot - with team selection, tactics, favourite players and axing players after one mistake to almost spite himself and the club.

People make all the excuses under the sun for him (VAR, Ref, injuries, bad luck, wrong type of grass - ok I made the last one up!), but whatever the reason he has come up short and needs to accept that - life is not always fair. People want to give him until Christmas - by then we will be well down the relegation track if present form continues. He has had nearly 3 years and been given funds to bring in his players but to no avail - for all his German and Austria league knowledge, where are gems he has picked out? Most other managers brought in at least 1 or 2 players previously.

Don't procrastinate Saints, make the change now and give the new guy the time to asses the squad and back him to make the changes prior to next season start.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I think he would have gone if we could have afforded to sack him. There seems no other logical explanation. 

This we have the worst form in the league for the last 15 games and much beyond that yet he is still here, would he still be here if we weren't safe is the question?  

1 hour ago, Red said:

I really fail to understand how much leeway, time and how many chances some people are prepared to give Ralph? Honestly it's not a pop, and I like Ralph and desperately wanted him to do well but there comes a time when enough is enough. His is not the messiah, and now appears to have lost the players trust and belief. Yes a lot of the players are not good enough and others need a boot up the backside but Ralph has a lot to answer for which has been discussed at length. I find it ludicrous to see him associated with Spurs and top German clubs - no top club would go anywhere near him.

He is a one trick pony who has been well sussed tactically by other mangers, and is stubborn too boot - with team selection, tactics, favourite players and axing players after one mistake to almost spite himself and the club.

People make all the excuses under the sun for him (VAR, Ref, injuries, bad luck, wrong type of grass - ok I made the last one up!), but whatever the reason he has come up short and needs to accept that - life is not always fair. People want to give him until Christmas - by then we will be well down the relegation track if present form continues. He has had nearly 3 years and been given funds to bring in his players but to no avail - for all his German and Austria league knowledge, where are gems he has picked out? Most other managers brought in at least 1 or 2 players previously.

Don't procrastinate Saints, make the change now and give the new guy the time to asses the squad and back him to make the changes prior to next season start.

I don't think the owner (or whoever has the authority to make the decision) will ever pull the trigger on Ralph or it would have happened, we clearly have huge financial troubles but surely when one of our so called "top players" leaves we can afford to use some of it to pay him off? How much would it cost 5 million tops?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

But we are safe,  not sure of the relevance.

I meant had we not had the good start to the season & were in iminent threat of relegation would he have lost his job based on current form

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I meant had we not had the good start to the season & were in iminent threat of relegation would he have lost his job based on current form

Sure, but a season is 38 games, not 15 or whatever our run is. 

Now, I’m also not suggesting we may win the next 6 games, but the season is roughly what we are, just a bit average over a season.

18 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Sure, but a season is 38 games, not 15 or whatever our run is. 

Now, I’m also not suggesting we may win the next 6 games, but the season is roughly what we are, just a bit average over a season.

Dear god. You see no difference between a team winning some, losing some and finishing 17th after  spending most of the season around that spot, and a team top of the league in Nov and then falling to 17th and only winning 3 or 4 games?

If it was the other way round you wouldn’t be coming out with such pony. If we lost the first 25 games and then show champions league form to finish 17th , would you be looking forward to next season, thinking “we’ve finally cracked this” , or would you think that our end of season form had absolutely no barring on next season and we only just avoided relegation so should be concerned.

Has it not entered your head that we’ve been sussed out, that other sides know how to beat us. It took them half a year, but they’ve done it. Do you really think Ralph is going to change over the summer, are the players going to toughen up? Why will the start of next season be any different 

11 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Dear god. You see no difference between a team winning some, losing some and finishing 17th after  spending most of the season around that spot, and a team top of the league in Nov and then falling to 17th and only winning 3 or 4 games?

If it was the other way round you wouldn’t be coming out with such pony. If we lost the first 25 games and then show champions league form to finish 17th , would you be looking forward to next season, thinking “we’ve finally cracked this” , or would you think that our end of season form had absolutely no barring on next season and we only just avoided relegation so should be concerned.

Has it not entered your head that we’ve been sussed out, that other sides know how to beat us. It took them half a year, but they’ve done it. Do you really think Ralph is going to change over the summer, are the players going to toughen up? Why will the start of next season be any different 

To be honest, you have your view and I'm not trying to change it.

Next season for me is a new start, if you want to wallow on what went on before be my guest.

I'm not sure we've been sussed out as such, we just had a perfect shit storm.

And who knows, you could be right and were fucked next season, but I'll wait to see what happens in he summer.

Of course I see the plummet from Jan this year, and of course it is concerning, very much so. Our form is nailed on relegation, and if we do nothing much this summer I'll be calling for his head along with you, as he needs to adjust the way we play to suit what he has.

But, so you not recognise Ralph has the potential to raise the team next year if we get the summer window right? I do which is why I prefer to wait until what is done over summer.

If fuck all is done on transfers we may be better changing,  and then if we do and results are still shit the first 19 games, he has to go, but I'd be willing to try it out.

• Like 2

Just now, DT said:

We are not safe

Mathematically no but realistically we are.... thankfully. 

This banging on about us being relegated is annoying, just like the 9 nil being mentioned over and over, we cant rewrite history but we need to move on ffs, this wallowing in misery is pathetic 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl