The BBC Thread

Guided Missile

5 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’d agree with that. The other thing they do is ruin the end by gerrymandering the story line for another series. Why can’t they just leave it at a natural end. 

I’ve just got Disney to watch the Peter Jackson Beatles thing and there’s some half decent adult stuff on there, but I’m sure it’s the just the novelty and once I’ve watched the best stuff it’ll be the same shite. 

Disney’s the best of the lot tbh. 

Back on the BBC - credit where it’s due - Green Planet was superb. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 17/09/2020 at 11:49, Lord Duckhunter said:

Sums Radio 2 up, it’s going right down the pan. Apart from Ken Bruce, it’s lost it.  

They’ve now lost Ken. 

Watch the new chump lose as many listeners as Ball has. The bloke on in the afternoon is even worse than Steve Wright, which I thought was pretty much impossible.

How to fuck up a decent radio station. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

blessing in disguise this MOTD stuff, can they finally just show us the highlights with a few comments after instead of the useless, boring analysis they normally do. Big Match format so much better, if adapted with all games you could show long highlights of high scoring games, then shorter for boring ones. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Too much to hope for but would be hilarious if everyone followed Ian Wright. 

Alan Shearer just has. So many problems that the ENP (English Nationalist Party) has inflicted on this country and we’re having this waste of a debate about boats which represent less than 5% of the immigration figures. With associated stupidity and vile language from Leaky Sue the hypocrite. Sunak is fucking stupid for getting behind this and the legislation will crumble at the first challenge.

Yet again economic migration and asylum are getting conflated when they are totally separate. That’s Braverman’s influence, trying to be Nigel Farage, Enoch Powell or Nick Griffin.

Look at the ITV News article on the Ambulance service pressures - this is what’s important.

It’s not wrong to discuss immigration sensibly but the Conservatives and particularly Braverman aren’t capable - it’s all arbitrary targets irrespective of the economy/NHS. 

Le Tissier will end up presenting it tomorrow night - his far right, vile conspiracy theory views will fit right in with the current BBC CEO and Sunak/Braverman.

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

Love the way the right-wing press bang on about how bad cancel culture is then as soon as someone says something they don’t like they cry like a bunch of babies and get them cancelled. :lol: 

I agree on the most part but it was a stupid comment

6 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

blessing in disguise this MOTD stuff, can they finally just show us the highlights with a few comments after instead of the useless, boring analysis they normally do. Big Match format so much better, if adapted with all games you could show long highlights of high scoring games, then shorter for boring ones. 

You don’t have to watch it pal

• Like 1

Just now, SotonianWill said:

I agree on the most part but it was a stupid comment

If people can’t see why BBC presenters shouldn’t make these sort of comments then perhaps they’re not as intelligent as they think they are. Personally, I’d rather the wokie twats were encouraged to make more political observations, as it’ll hasten the demise of the TV poll tax… 

I thought the 30's Germany comparison was a bit OTT and unhelpful but don't have any problem with Lineker saying it.  As far as I'm concerned he can say whatever he likes outside of the BBC.

Surprised about Shearer - always thought he'd be a bit of a Tory.  I reckon they'll get Danny Mills in - he looks like he would drink the blood of migrants.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

I thought the 30's Germany comparison was a bit OTT and unhelpful but don't have any problem with Lineker saying it.  As far as I'm concerned he can say whatever he likes outside of the BBC.

Surprised about Shearer - always thought he'd be a bit of a Tory.  I reckon they'll get Danny Mills in - he looks like he would drink the blood of migrants.

But does his contract - which he gladly signed - allow him?

I am guessing not, and he probably has received many warnings over recent time...

As for Ian Wright, no solidarity with his peers here - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news/ian-wright-matt-le-tissier-sky-sports-sacked-soccer-saturday-phil-thompson-charlie-nicholas-a9690971.html

Edited by AlexLaw76

8 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I am guessing not, and he probably has received many warnings over recent time...

As for Ian Wright, no solidarity with his peers here - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news/ian-wright-matt-le-tissier-sky-sports-sacked-soccer-saturday-phil-thompson-charlie-nicholas-a9690971.html

What? You say Batman is too fucking thick to understand something?

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

A childish question is ok then?

Just a yes or no will do, when you are ready

If the question was so childish you should have had no problem in forming a suitably critical reply.

Dumb insults show that he got to you.

53 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If people can’t see why BBC presenters shouldn’t make these sort of comments then perhaps they’re not as intelligent as they think they are. 

Don't seem to remember you ever complaining about Andrew Neil posting some horrendously biased right wing bollocks on Twitter while also being a senior political presenter on the BBC.

Edited by Sheaf Saint
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Obviously not, because GL has been tweeting politically charged, anti-government content for many years. So if that was against the terns of his contract then he would have been sacked long before now.

I seriously doubt there would be any legal basis to include a clause in his contract forbidding him to have his own opinion on social media where he is posting as an individual and not representing his employer. Given his propensity to such postings, I very much doubt he would sign such a contract even if there was.

Edited by Sheaf Saint
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Don't seem to remember you ever complaining about Andrew Neil posting some horrendously biased right wing bollocks on Twitter while also being a senior political presenter on the BBC.

I must have missed these, perhaps you could post them and I’ll then  comment. Every time I’ve seen Neil on the BBC he comes across as incredibly impartial, so would be interested in this “horrendously biased right wing bollocks”. 

8 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

Quite possibly.

By refusing to rise to the bait you could have negated his argument.

Look forward to your intervention the next time someone throws around language like I did - Whelk is a good'un for it, but you probably agree with what he posts on here, so that one may be a lost cause.

What a shocking day for the BBC. It bows to the Daily Mail and government ministers re Gary Lineker and it admits to not challenging Nadine Dorries when she made up smears about Sue Grey. I suppose that is what you get when the chairman of the BBC is a Johnson crony and the director of communications used to work for Theresa May.

It's hilarious to think that the likes of Batman are so gaslit that they think the BBC is a left wing organisation!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

What a shocking day for the BBC. It bows to the Daily Mail and government ministers re Gary Lineker and it admits to not challenging Nadine Dorries when she made up smears about Sue Grey. I suppose that is what you get when the chairman of the BBC is a Johnson crony and the director of communications used to work for Theresa May.

It's hilarious to think that the likes of Batman are so gaslit that they think the BBC is a left wing organisation!!

Don’t forget the Director General

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to The BBC Thread