The BBC Thread

Guided Missile

12 hours ago, Turkish said:

ย The innocent on BBC. A white and Asian couple, a mixed race couple one with a disability, the police investigation team 3 women one mixed race, 3 blokes one black. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

And the victim Wasย gay, having a filng with a married man who was just about to come out.ย a masterpiece in diversity ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Edited by Turkish

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

Are you sure it was on BBC pal?

My mistake, it was ITV, I watched it on catch up so skipped the adverts. Good series, the PC nature was wonderful. Iโ€™m sure Tim is delighted at this significant momentย in his mongboard history.

Edited by Turkish

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

My mistake, it was ITV, I watched it on catch up so skipped the adverts. Good series, the PC nature was wonderful. Iโ€™m sure Tim is delighted at this significant momentย in his mongboard history.

No problem we all make them

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

The BBCs team for the Euros.ย no disabled?

4D2BBC41-1764-4009-A815-CAE86722B066.jpeg

If that's representative of the English men's football fan base I'm a unicorn. PC gone absolutely fucking nuts.ย 

13 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Bit weird that Ian Wright isn't involved, or are there more people that aren't in the photo?

I like Wright, he's passionate like a proper fan but also quite funny.ย 

He'll be on ITV like he is for the England games.

45 minutes ago, egg said:

If that's representative of the English men's football fan base I'm a unicorn. PC gone absolutely fucking nuts.ย 

Itโ€™s not about representation today itโ€™s about encouraging more bame and women into the game. Canโ€™t see any Asians though, I guess that crusade isnโ€™t fashionable at the momentย 

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Who are the two women on each flank? Are Either of those lessers?

Donโ€™t know the blonde but think the one on left is Scottish presenter who seems decent and come to think if it is a lesbian

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Itโ€™s not about representation today itโ€™s about encouraging more bame and women into the game. Canโ€™t see any Asians though, I guess that crusade isnโ€™t fashionable at the momentย 

Gabby Logan seems to be looking a little Asian

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Donโ€™t know the blonde but think the one on left is Scottish presenter who seems decent and come to think if it is a lesbian

Blonde one is Shelley Kerrย  apparently.ย 

47 minutes ago, whelk said:

Alas probably notย https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eilidh_Barbour

fuck me people have too much time on their handsย https://hollywoodmask.com/sports/eilidh-barbour-bbc-bio-husband.html

Itโ€™s important we know their sexuality or else we canโ€™t point out homophobia. I applaud the stalking of minor celebrities in case we one day may need to know moreย details on their private life for the causeย 

On 17/06/2020 at 08:40, Guided Missile said:

Let's face it, it's full of lefties, anti-democratic and it's programs are woke cr@p. Time to de- criminalise non-payment of the license fee.

Seems to me that getting advice from you on what to do about the BBC, or really anything, is like getting advice from Fred West on parenting.ย 

8 hours ago, Verbal said:

Seems to me that getting advice from you on what to do about the BBC, or really anything, is like getting advice from Fred West on parenting.ย 

The government are licking their lips at the prospect of defunding the BBC and saving the taxpayers a bob or two.

My advice to you is to keep up with the news,ย read my OP from a year ago and the writing on the wall. You might learn something:

The BBC has been โ€œcompromisedโ€ by the Martin Bashir scandal and must recognise it faces a โ€œvery, very significant momentโ€ in its history, the home secretary has said. Refusing to rule out criminal prosecutions over the affair, Priti Patel warned the corporation it could not carry on with โ€œbusiness as usualโ€ as she questioned its continued relevance in the era of Netflix and Amazon. A report by Lord Dyson found that Martin Bashir forged bank statements to gain his 1995 interview with Princess Diana and that senior executives then covered his up lies in an inadequate inquiry the following year. Patel said the findings were โ€œabsolute terribleโ€ and has had โ€œdevastating impacts upon the royal family as well, so this is this is a really, really sobering moment and a moment of great significance and great importance for the BBC and the country.โ€ Ministers are considering reforms to oversight of the BBC and the level of the licence fee in the wake of the scandal, and changes are expected at a mid-term review of the corporationโ€™s charter next year.

Reform can't come soon enough.ย 

13 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

2 black men out of 7 men in total would be the correct representative proportion.

Are these the best pundits that are currently available or were they picked due to their skin colour or gender do we think?

• 3 months later...

โ€˜Life Drawing Liveโ€™ on BBCย 2 right now, where โ€˜celebritiesโ€™ draw naked people. If that wasnโ€™t enough, one of the celebs in question is David bloody James.ย 
If you can think of a better use of licence fees that this, Iโ€™d like to hear it.

Itโ€™s right up there with โ€˜Youth Hosteling with Chris Eubankโ€™.

18 minutes ago, Plastic said:

โ€˜Life Drawing Liveโ€™ on BBCย 2 right now, where โ€˜celebritiesโ€™ draw naked people. If that wasnโ€™t enough, one of the celebs in question is David bloody James.ย 
If you can think of a better use of licence fees that this, Iโ€™d like to hear it.

Do you see much?ย 
ย 
ย 

76AC3AFD-C464-472B-8883-64E727429EBA.gif

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/09/2021 at 22:44, Plastic said:

๐Ÿ˜‚

I think I can beat that, this was sent out to our local classic car club -

ย 

Hi there,

ย 

Iโ€™m a TV Casting Researcher and I'm looking for confident single people of all ages, sexualities, and genders who love the idea of joining a group of single best mates and dating them all at once. Would love to get some car enthusiasts on the show and was wondering if you would be able to share round any members of theย Classic Car Club who might be interested? ย I have attached our flyer which has more info.

ย 

The premise is simple, you would join a table of 4 single pals and share a singular course of a 3 course meal in their company! While you enjoy some delicious food, you get to know them as a group and see if sparks fly between you and one of the friends. If someone does catch your eye, you'll be able to come back and ask them on a one on one second date.

ย 

For more info and no obligation, please email us atย bbcnorth.casting@bbc.co.uk

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 
ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

4 hours ago, mickn said:

I think I can beat that, this was sent out to our local classic car club -

ย 

Hi there,

ย 

Iโ€™m a TV Casting Researcher and I'm looking for confident single people of all ages, sexualities, and genders who love the idea of joining a group of single best mates and dating them all at once. Would love to get some car enthusiasts on the show and was wondering if you would be able to share round any members of theย Classic Car Club who might be interested? ย I have attached our flyer which has more info.

ย 

The premise is simple, you would join a table of 4 single pals and share a singular course of a 3 course meal in their company! While you enjoy some delicious food, you get to know them as a group and see if sparks fly between you and one of the friends. If someone does catch your eye, you'll be able to come back and ask them on a one on one second date.

ย 

For more info and no obligation, please email us atย bbcnorth.casting@bbc.co.uk

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 
ย 

I can't see what the issue here is?

Most TV is pretty bad currently tbh, just in different ways.ย  Netflix and Amazon have a few decent story ideas that would make a good series of 4-6ย programmes - but they drag it out for 30 or more.ย  They just become repetitive and tedious.ย 

Edited by buctootim

7 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Most TV is pretty bad currently tbh, just in different ways.ย  Netflix and Amazon have a few decent story ideas that would make a good series of 4-6ย programmes - but they drag it out for 30 or more.ย  They just become repetitive and tedious.ย 

90% of TV is pretty much repeats, rewrites of somebody else's original work ( where the original was better ), "Reality" or "Celebrity", when there is nothing "Real" and the "Celebrities" are in fact "Nonentities".

57 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Iโ€™d agree with that. The other thing they do is ruin the end by gerrymandering the story line for another series. Why canโ€™t they just leave it at a natural end.ย 
ย 

Iโ€™ve just got Disney to watch the Peter Jackson Beatles thing and thereโ€™s some half decent adult stuff on there, but Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s the justย the novelty and once Iโ€™ve watched the best stuff itโ€™ll be the same shite.ย 

• Lighthouse changed the title to The BBC Thread