Site issues

iansums

39 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

Most posts don't contain images, and I don't have time to read every post on every thread. That's why I asked for a specific example.

On the last page of this thread, various posts by Shroppie, Fabrice29 and trousers contain large blank spaces which I assume to be images or embedded posts.

Edit: ironically, my own embedded link on this post doesn’t show up after I hit submit.

I think there may have been a caching issue from the last software update - I've cleared the CDN cache, so hopefully now if you clear your own browser caches, it should make sure that all the right files are being loaded, which will then allow the images to display.

• 2 months later...
On 03/11/2020 at 14:27, stevegrant said:

I think there may have been a caching issue from the last software update - I've cleared the CDN cache, so hopefully now if you clear your own browser caches, it should make sure that all the right files are being loaded, which will then allow the images to display.

How do you do that on an iPad steve?

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, trousers said:

Nice one @stevegrant. All seems to be working well, although the system caught up with the fact that my subscription elapsed back in November! (I hadn't realised until now, as before the update I was still able to make more than 3 posts per day). Hey ho :)

I was conscious of my lapsed subscription, but seeing my Avatar become just a J this morning I thought a-ha the games up at last. I figured @stevegranthad bigger fish to fry than sending the boys round to sort us out. 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Plastic said:

Not been brilliant for the last few weeks. Slow loads common, now seeing time-out. @stevegrant any ideas? Thanks.

/edit - as soon as I posted this it started working perfectly! 

I've not seen any obvious issues recently on the monitoring I've got in place - response times seem to be acceptable (although they are an average, so obviously some will be longer than others), and the error counts seem to be low enough to be largely insignificant in the grand scheme of things. There may be individual issues, I've heard of people having problems with certain browsers with certain ISPs or router brands because of the way they cache certain information - my main suggestion if you're getting timeouts is to try clearing all caches, so that's the browser, your device's DNS cache and, if possible, your router's DNS cache too. That might provide the full reset that should get everything back on track.

• 2 months later...