Mike Dean is at it again!

benjii

Just now, Turkish said:

Was it the right decision? 

'Accidental elbow'. It was really, really iffy. Not clear enough for a red in my opinion. It was on 97 mins as well, is it really worth it? At least he gets put in the spot light again I guess.

Richard Browne: Madness. Totally accidental. Officiating in this Country is at a new low.

Will Meredith: Mike Dean with VAR is like giving a toddler some fireworks and a lighter. Ridiculous.

Peter Malath: Soucek red carded for that? Football is going through slow death on our watch. Disgusting

Ben: As a neutral from another league, if that is a sending off, I’m not watching Premier League football again! Absolute joke. Even looked like Mitrovic was telling the ref it wasn’t a red.

Keith: I'm a Fulham fan and that's never a red. Even Mitrovic said it wasn't. Unbelievable!

• Like 1

Soucek was clearly just lifting his arm up and made accidental contact. Surely Dean has to be suspended? As the song goes, he's not fit to referee. (Same goes for Mason given he thought it was worthy of further review). Something defo not right about those two

Edited by trousers

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Surely the premier league must be embarrassed by the fact that in the last 3 games they’ve made 5 high profile errors the rest of the world has seen the same footage and come to a different conclusion? 

I think they are embarrassed, and I suspect that they are looking for a fall guy - or two. Even they - notorious for doing it - can no longer function with their heads in the sand.

34 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Surely the premier league must be embarrassed by the fact that in the last 3 games they’ve made 5 high profile errors the rest of the world has seen the same footage and come to a different conclusion? 

There’s surely no other way out of it than to sit out Reid and Mason. Especially if this one gets rescinded. Sky are already saying it was hugely controversial. Get those two twats on the bench for a bit. In fact, give them some training, they clearly need it

30 minutes ago, CanadaSaint said:

I think they are embarrassed, and I suspect that they are looking for a fall guy - or two. Even they - notorious for doing it - can no longer function with their heads in the sand.

I hope they are. Games these days are seen in every country and all everyone is talking about is how shite the same refs are. Small consolation but at least it seems everyone is waking up to how bad these pair of prats are

To confirm, as Tomas Soucek's red card is deemed violent conduct, unless it is overturned he will miss three games, starting with Tuesday's FA Cup fifth round tie at Manchester United.

Violent conduct, seriously?

According to Sky, the VAR crew have justified the decision because of Souceks 'clenched' fist. I'm struggling to see any clenched fist.

Edited by S-Clarke

14 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

There’s surely no other way out of it than to sit out Reid and Mason. Especially if this one gets rescinded. Sky are already saying it was hugely controversial. Get those two twats on the bench for a bit. In fact, give them some training, they clearly need it

If it means his career is over then our 9-0 is a price worth paying.

• Like 1

I really hope this weekend brings to a head just how badly VAR is being applied.  Theres not much wrong with the technology. It’s the utter prats (TM) that are being used to administer it. Surely even an organisation as arrogant and useless as Mike Riley’s mob can admit they’ve got it horrendously wrong and need a re-think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

They won’t over turn this one. If they do they have to take Dean and Mason out of the firing line and I don’t believe they would be prepared to do that.

It’s yet another one pretty much every agrees is a mistake though. Same people making the same mistakes, everyone talking about the ref and VAR. considering how much the premier league want to protect their brand, how can they ignore it?

The pitiful Mason I almost feel sorry for, because he’s like Bambi on ice with a whistle. Okay, “almost” is an exaggeration.

But Dean is in a totally different category. For years he has exhibited a strutting, arrogant approach, meting out his version of justice at will. Almost always, any doubt goes against the player, and (arguably) against some teams in particular - proving what everyone has long known; he views himself as more important than the game itself, and immune to sanction. He even intimidates his gutless peers.

I think they WILL take him down because he would be the only fall guy that most fans would accept.

NOBODY will lament his disappearance.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CanadaSaint said:

The pitiful Mason I almost feel sorry for, because he’s like Bambi on ice with a whistle. Okay, “almost” is an exaggeration.

But Dean is in a totally different category. For years he has exhibited a strutting, arrogant approach, meting out his version of justice at will. Almost always, any doubt goes against the player, and (arguably) against some teams in particular - proving what everyone has long known; he views himself as more important than the game itself, and immune to sanction. He even intimidates his gutless peers.

I think they WILL take him down because he would be the only fall guy that most fans would accept.

NOBODY will lament his disappearance.

As I said the other day, Mason is incompetent, but Dean is how you describe. Pretty much universally described as beyond belief arrogance. He thinks he’s something special and wants to be the centre or attention. No one will miss him, but he’s had 20 friggin years as an “elite” ref, so will no doubt end up in some management capacity in the game where he can carry on believing he is the most important thing going on that match day.

The player that is 'fouled' admits that it wasn't a foul and tells Dean it wasn't a foul. Why would he do that if it was a foul? But twat-features' arrogance won't allow him to listen to anyone else - HE WILL DECIDE - if anything being told that probably made him more determined to give it as a foul.

Edited by stknowle
  • Like 1

Refs are bad enough, they can't help strut their self importance, thinking their superior knowledge of the laws is the only thing that matters in the game. There are to the game what parish councillors are to civil society.

And VAR being run by other refs amplifies them, its just cunts squared.

12 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

While most pundits think it was a disgrace of a decision.......Chris Sutton thinks it was dangerous play, that Mitrovic was struck fairly strongly, and that the red card should stand. Dear me.

Chris Sutton is about as irrelevant as Robbie Savage. They're just looking for reactions, they're just WUM's in pundit form.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

While most pundits think it was a disgrace of a decision.......Chris Sutton thinks it was dangerous play, that Mitrovic was struck fairly strongly, and that the red card should stand. Dear me.

Sutton is a professional contrarian who courts controversy - probably Dean's mate.🙂

26 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Think that says more about Chris Sutton than anything else. He's all about controversy presumable to boost their listening figures

2 hours ago, stknowle said:

Just seen it, so blindingly obvious it was accidental and not even slightly, vaguely malicious in any way whatsoever. And yet the wanker gave it.

I think anyone with the bare minimum of knowledge about body language would recognise that a) that wasn't the arm movement Soucek would use to make contact with something and b) his instant facial expression and turning his head to look at Mitrovic indi

cated "what was that?" .

Yet multiple viewings clearly indicated the opposite to the Dean/Mason Expulsion Agency.

West Ham will appeal against Tomas Soucek's controversial red card in Saturday's game at Fulham.

The Czech was sent off in stoppage time during the 0-0 Premier League draw after catching Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic in the face with his elbow.

Soucek pleaded his innocence and Mitrovic told referee Mike Dean his opponent should not be dismissed.

However, after being advised to review the incident by video assistant referee Lee Mason, Dean sent Soucek off.

Once this gets over turned the pressure on him will be insurmountable. The end is nigh.