Assorted Pedantry and Skimpy Leotards (split)

Matthew Le God

Just now, badgerx16 said:

If there was an Olympic medal for pedantry, MLG would be a multiple champion.

I can't be arsed with the fool today. 

Perhaps he can tell us how he believes the premier league is sustainable. 

3 minutes ago, egg said:

I can't be arsed with the fool today. 

Perhaps he can tell us how he believes the premier league is sustainable. 

Sustainable in regard to what? It's recycling policy? You are being extremely vague!

Recycle Hello GIF by Latch

Edited by Matthew Le God

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Sustainable in regard to what? It's recycling policy? You are being extremely vague!

Have a day off being a prick mate. 

Anyone other than a class a pedant understands the sustainability to mean financially. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, egg said:

Have a day off being a prick mate. 

Anyone other than a class a pedant understands the sustainability to mean financially. 

'Financially' covers a vast area of different things. So again you are being vague.

Why is it 'financially unsustainable'? That is not an unreasonable question and doesn't make someone a 'prick' for asking. 🙄

Edited by Matthew Le God

Having been “forced” to watch gymnastics In Tokyo I thought being a judge would be ideal for MLG . They get docked 0.2 points for “not fully extending the foot “ or “ not quite raising the leg high enough to be as high as the head” etc !

I struggle to watch without feeling like a perv , hopefully the women will be allowed to wear body suits in future , I remember the total disgrace Blatter saying women footballers should wear tight shorts to make their games more appealing, spew …

7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Recycle Hello GIF by Latch

The womble gif shows a self awareness I didn't realise you had. Well done. 

3 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Having been “forced” to watch gymnastics In Tokyo I thought being a judge would be ideal for MLG . They get docked 0.2 points for “not fully extending the foot “ or “ not quite raising the leg high enough to be as high as the head” etc !

I struggle to watch without feeling like a perv , hopefully the women will be allowed to wear body suits in future , I remember the total disgrace Blatter saying women footballers should wear tight shorts to make their games more appealing, spew …

The German gymnasts wore body suits.

14 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

It is not an unreasonable question. Just claiming a league is unsustainable is extremely vague.

Because Matthew, you'll again take a decent thread off on one of your pointless pedantic tangents and bore the fuck out of everyone. If the subject gives you a little twinge and you want to discuss it, by all means start a thread on it. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

'Financially' covers a vast area of different things. So again you are being vague.

Why is it 'financially unsustainable'? That is not an unreasonable question and doesn't make someone a 'prick' for asking. 🙄

OK, I'll answer it for you.....

If the current income streams dry up or even reduce a bit, many/most/all clubs will be under sever pressure and will be unable to balance their books (not that they can now) at current rates of wage payments and fees for signing. How likely is that to happen? Your guess is as good as mine. 

Of course this would be a temporary thing while existing contracts remain valid, as you would sign up new players on vastly reduced terms. Maybe a few clubs, with owners richer than Croesus, would happily run 8 or 9 figure annual losses, that is, if the authorities allowed it. 

7 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

The German gymnasts wore body suits.

Quite , they all should have the choice, the Norwegian softball team were fined for wearing shorts not bikini bottoms in the recent beach softball competition. This sexism should be eradicated from sport before people make the link between ISIS or the Taliban and OUR treatment of women.

Edited by East Kent Saint
Spelling

39 minutes ago, benjii said:

I would probably watch less women's gymnastics if they wore more clothes, but I can totally understand why they prefer not to parade their gusset.

Re Gao: I am not saying he should have a master plan and should be actively engaged in day to day affairs, or that we should have some kind of unique selling point. I just take issue with the idea that "self sustaining" is a strategy because running at 80% wages to turnover and borrowing 80m quid is not sustainable so, even if it is a strategy ' it's not going to lead anywhere in the long run. And that's fine, I guess. Lots of clubs come and go, and we go through ups and downs. 

Personally, though, if I was going to acquire a business, I would make sure I could actually bring something useful to the table. I guess I see it as a question of integrity, largely. He saw Saints as a convenient place to dump some cash outside China. That's all we are to him. And I don't respect that.

Hang on. Aren’t they all about 16….

• Like 1

I was pleasantly surprised by the GB Rugby 7s ladies. Let's say some were more appealing than I was expecting. They're not the Dutch Hockey team, but who is, right?

This is the correct thread for pathetic middle aged men to perv over the Olympics, right?

13 minutes ago, SKD said:

Hang on. Aren’t they all about 16….

This got me Googling the age of consent in Japan. 13 apparently. 😮 

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

This is the correct thread for pathetic middle aged men to perv over the Olympics, right?

Better here than the Danny Ings thread. He's not got the tits for a Lycra body suit.

1 hour ago, egg said:

Because Matthew, you'll again take a decent thread off on one of your pointless pedantic tangents and bore the fuck out of everyone. If the subject gives you a little twinge and you want to discuss it, by all means start a thread on it.

So you always do this act when outted yes? I'm not interested. You're boring. I can't be bothered. Basically as you have been shown up yet again. 

If you can't debate, don't rule and act all high and mighty. It will save you alot of embarrassment.

18 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

So you always do this act when outted yes? I'm not interested. You're boring. I can't be bothered. Basically as you have been shown up yet again. 

If you can't debate, don't rule and act all high and mighty. It will save you alot of embarrassment.

Medice, cura te ipsum.

5 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

No, you're not clever by using silly quotes. Clever is being able to debate in an adult manner and not throwing toys out of one's pram when rumbled.

Bless, you're a bit bothered petal aren't you. As for debate, you've had people asking you for weeks to explain your ramblings about covid and you still haven't, then you have the audacity to criticise when people choose not to debate something irrelevant to the thread. 

Your persona is slipping mate from mental to annoying. Pick a usp and stick with it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

No, you're not clever by using silly quotes. Clever is being able to debate in an adult manner and not throwing toys out of one's pram when rumbled.

In what way is that a "silly" quote ? Just because you didn't do Latin at school it's OK, you don't have to feel deprived.

I am quite capable of debating in an adult manner, if I am debating with an adult.

Edited by badgerx16

41 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

Nothing silly about it. It's from the Bible. Luke 4:23 to be pedantic. It's worth a read sometime.

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

White and Grealish will be a lot more than £90m.

It is £50m for White and £100m for Grealish = £150m.

Hate to go all MLG on you but he wasn't saying that White and Grealish' fees would add up to £90million. 

53 minutes ago, egg said:

Bless, you're a bit bothered petal aren't you. As for debate, you've had people asking you for weeks to explain your ramblings about covid and you still haven't, then you have the audacity to criticise when people choose not to debate something irrelevant to the thread. 

Your persona is slipping mate from mental to annoying. Pick a usp and stick with it. 

You ran off. Not me. As u did above as ever, citing your superiority and an unwillingness to debate with people you believe are beneath you. A huge flaw in personality that.

1 hour ago, CollinsDic said:

Clever is being able to debate in an adult manner and not throwing toys out of one's pram when rumbled.

We're still waiting for you to set out your argument re vaccines and population control. I'd have though someone who knew so much about debating would understand the need to present a case... 🤔

Edited by Plastic

6 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

You ran off. Not me. As u did above as ever, citing your superiority and an unwillingness to debate with people you believe are beneath you. A huge flaw in personality that.

Ran off! Double bless. I'll debate away on any subject. What I won't do is get dragged into irrelevant shite, especially with idiots and pedants.

Your persona is slipping further btw...the last one was more fun but the irritating side is coming out more. 

1 hour ago, CollinsDic said:

But he is superior to you and you are definitely beneath him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CB Fry said:

I was pleasantly surprised by the GB Rugby 7s ladies. Let's say some were more appealing than I was expecting. They're not the Dutch Hockey team, but who is, right?

I do sympathise with women in sport. Basically I view every competing woman with a ‘would I?’ Even extended it to the  Chinese table tennis players which was worrying.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, whelk said:

I do sympathise with women in sport. Basically I view every competing woman with a ‘would I?’ Even extended it to the  Chinese table tennis players which was worrying.

Some people find it very difficult to watch the rhythmic gymnastics without their trousers around their ankles.

I have first hand knowledge that this behaviour will get you thrown out of the Walkabout, even if you have ordered a main including extra onion rings.

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, whelk said:

I do this to literally every woman I set eyes upon.  Even cartoon characters (the jury's out on Marge although the cyclops from Futurama would get it).  

42 minutes ago, Manuel said:

I do this to literally every woman I set eyes upon.  Even cartoon characters (the jury's out on Marge although the cyclops from Futurama would get it).  

Yes

Wilma Flintstone

Lois Griffin

Jessica Rabbit

Maybe

Marge Simpson

Betty Rubble

No

Sheila Broflovski

4 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Yes

Wilma Flintstone

Lois Griffin

Jessica Rabbit

Maybe

Marge Simpson

Betty Rubble

No

Sheila Broflovski

Betty’s much hotter than Wilma with her elongated melon head.

Also Betty’s filthy, it’s obvious. 

Edited by Plastic
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

He's edited the post to try to hide it! Mr wrong strikes again! 

16 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

I misread it, but in any case it is being reported as £100m not £90m.

Plus I've never claimed to be infallible and not make mistakes. It is bizarre you and @Turkish think I have!

47B9061E-5775-4F77-8746-15E73A45DB3A.jpeg.dbeddcc6f5d0cf517023916bdd6e08be.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, whelk said:

With huge hairy bush. No waxing back then

I’ve often wondered about things like waxing. Who decided it was a good isea to put hot wax on their fanny and then rip it off with a sheet of paper? It’s got misogynistic written all over it

Edited by Turkish

53 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I’ve often wondered about things like waxing. Who decided it was a good isea to put hot wax on their fanny and then rip it off with a sheet of paper? It’s got misogynistic written all over it

You could argue the same about armpits and legs too. Unlikely that Betty and Wilma were shaving any body hair.