Russia

whelk

Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales

• Da!
    • Net!

So apparently the hidden clause on the mobilisation order was the number of people who could be conscripted…

The rumour is 1,000,000 and not the 300,000 previously reported. Given Ukraine are currently killing circa 300 Russians per day this could prolong the special military operation for years.

Yes I am aware of the low morale and training of conscripts along with the tooth to tail ratio required but still depressing.

• Haha 1

Looks like there’s an awareness that these mobilised troops are going to be sent underprepared and under-equipped, but if they couldn’t do better for their initial invasion forces after preparing for eight years in peacetime conditions, it seems unlikely that they’ll do better during a war under the heaviest sanctions ever imposed on a country in a matter of weeks.

There's numerous videos showcasing captured Russian personal equipment- helmets that can be punched in with a fist, body armour plates that can't withstand an AK74 round, Mosin rifles from the 1940's, soldiers fighting in trainers, uniforms that look like a job lot from army surplus stores. Wounded left to die in trenches by their comrades, their lives saved by Ukrainian soldiers. Compare that to the AFU, full uniforms, boots and body armour, modern helmets and weapons, gloves, goggles the lot.

If Russians think that this mobilization is going to forge a new model army to overwhelm the Ukrainians they're in for a nasty shock I think. Add to the mix the ever dwindling stock of Russian tanks and AFV's and the constant vaporization of their ammo dumps and command centres, throwing tens of thousands of unwilling, unmotivated and ill-equipped men into the meat grinder will be Putin's last callous act.

9 minutes ago, kyle04 said:

There's numerous videos showcasing captured Russian personal equipment- helmets that can be punched in with a fist, body armour plates that can't withstand an AK74 round, Mosin rifles from the 1940's, soldiers fighting in trainers, uniforms that look like a job lot from army surplus stores. Wounded left to die in trenches by their comrades, their lives saved by Ukrainian soldiers. Compare that to the AFU, full uniforms, boots and body armour, modern helmets and weapons, gloves, goggles the lot.

If Russians think that this mobilization is going to forge a new model army to overwhelm the Ukrainians they're in for a nasty shock I think. Add to the mix the ever dwindling stock of Russian tanks and AFV's and the constant vaporization of their ammo dumps and command centres, throwing tens of thousands of unwilling, unmotivated and ill-equipped men into the meat grinder will be Putin's last callous act.

8 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

as the body bag count grows.

They are cremating fallen fighters right at the front line using mobile furnaces. No troublesome footage of coffins to worry the domestic audience. I know some Russian guys, I hope they are safe from the conscription. 

Edited by Plastic

18 minutes ago, Plastic said:

They are cremating fallen fighters right at the front line using mobile furnaces. No troublesome footage of coffins to worry the domestic audience.

So how is that explained to the families ?

"Sorry, we have no idea where Ivan has gone".

( And does that mean no Lada ? )

Comrade Alexi please tell us it is all going to plan.  The superior technology and fighting capability of the mighty Russian army is inflicting unsustainable damage on the NAZIs of Ukraine.  Tell us the truth, as you seem to believe you have a far greater insight than the rest of us.

6 hours ago, moonraker said:

Comrade Alexi please tell us it is all going to plan.  The superior technology and fighting capability of the mighty Russian army is inflicting unsustainable damage on the NAZIs of Ukraine.  Tell us the truth, as you seem to believe you have a far greater insight than the rest of us.

No i dont, I just have a different view - which used to be perfectly OK

• Like 1

Someone needs to hack Russia's main email provider and forward that link on reddit of the two blokes dying in a hole after a grenade was dropped on them while they slept - will make more people want to avoid that draft. The video is a bit nasty.

Edited by skintsaint
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, moonraker said:

To be fair, this thread has been full of the views of amateur experts. Alexi has a different view to most, but there are others who seem to think that they have a greater insight than most. 

• Like 2

I just read a story in RIA Novosti in which they stated that so far in the Donbass 'referenda' 97% of people voted in favour, 3% were unsure and no-one voted against. Not one person out of 6,3 million people. It's almost as if the propaganda people are deliberately signalling 'we are lying to you'     

My Russian colleagues have confirmed they are moving today, along with the majority of the Russian male population it would seem. This can't go on much longer, the country is emptying. I just don't see what structure exists to take power from the tyrant. The military is the only option it seems, but they haven't shown any interest.  

I hope they don't close the borders, but if they do, we may see a popular uprising sooner thank expected.

57 minutes ago, buctootim said:

I just read a story in RIA Novosti in which they stated that so far in the Donbass 'referenda' 97% of people voted in favour, 3% were unsure and no-one voted against. Not one person out of 6,3 million people. It's almost as if the propaganda people are deliberately signalling 'we are lying to you'     

That's odd.  Normally people cast votes and then they're counted but guess Russia is counting them as they make them up.  Probably saves time and saves more time for running away

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, buctootim said:

All the "no" voters are fertilising sunflower fields in Ukraine, so won't get to vote.

8 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

That's odd.  Normally people cast votes and then they're counted but guess Russia is counting them as they make them up.  Probably saves time and saves more time for running away

It was bizarre. The gave the totals for the whole of the Donbass of the people who had voted so far up till 2pm today. The story was uploaded at 2.22pm. So they counted all the paper votes (not electronic) collated the number from however many polling stations there are and wrote the story all within 22 minutes.  Been 'amended' now,   

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

At the start of the SMO, one estimate gave Ukraine's stock of airworthy Sukhoi SU25 strike aircraft as 17. The Russian MOD has just reported the 89th shooting down of a Ukrainian SU25.

I saw that. They claimed to have shot down 298 Ukrainian aircraft and 160 helicopters when they only had 128 to start with including trainers and transport. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buctootim said:

Nothing like at least making the result look believable!

Sharp as marbles that lot.

The amount of ignorance on the thread is breathtaking. I’m just going to focus of the referendums

They are being held in Donbass, Donetsk and Luhansk regions. They are all in the east of the Ukraine. All three regions are majority ethnic Russians. Pro Russian politically and culturally. The reason there has been fighting in these areas is because after the right wing coup in 2014 Azov troops placed Nazi bases in the area dotted around in civilian areas ( incidentally against UN combat rules ) this has made it difficult for Russian troops to advance rapidly albeit successfully. The referendums will inevitably be pro Russian as the inhabitants are Russian ethnic. 
Since the Maiden coup in 2014 the fascist Ukros have been torturing and killing Russian families in these three areas. 
Also most of the anti-Ukro resistance has been carried out by militias from these areas.

Russia will inevitably win as NATO are reluctant to supply anymore equipment as it is wasted by the Ukros. 

I wonder how many of you actually listened to Putins interview the other day he did not threaten to Nuke the west. He simply threatened retribution if the west used a FIRST STRIKE on Russia.

I think the biggest thing to come out of this is how gullible the great British public are to unverified propaganda. 
when everything settles down. The Tories have learnt how easy it is to deflect the news in their favour.

02CAE359-8C95-4B77-BD62-4FE9B12B4E74.jpeg

Edited by manji
  • Haha 2

On 22/09/2022 at 21:02, whelk said:

Don’t know where they are all buggering of to?

It’s not a draft only fully trained reservists are being called up. It’s just any old photo of men queuing at an airport posted up by an Ukro propogandist

33 minutes ago, manji said:

The amount of ignorance on the thread is breathtaking. I’m just going to focus of the referendums

They are being held in Donbass, Donetsk and Luhansk regions. They are all in the east of the Ukraine. All three regions are majority ethnic Russians. Pro Russian politically and culturally. The reason there has been fighting in these areas is because after the right wing coup in 2014 Azov troops placed Nazi bases in the area dotted around in civilian areas ( incidentally against UN combat rules ) this has made it difficult for Russian troops to advance rapidly albeit successfully. The referendums will inevitably be pro Russian as the inhabitants are Russian ethnic. 
Since the Maiden coup in 2014 the fascist Ukros have been torturing and killing Russian families in these three areas. 
Also most of the anti-Ukro resistance has been carried out by militias from these areas.

Russia will inevitably win as NATO are reluctant to supply anymore equipment as it is wasted by the Ukros. 

I wonder how many of you actually listened to Putins interview the other day he did not threaten to Nuke the west. He simply threatened retribution if the west used a FIRST STRIKE on Russia.

I think the biggest thing to come out of this is how gullible the great British public are to unverified propaganda. 
when everything settles down. The Tories have learnt how easy it is to deflect the news in their favour.

How racist of you.

42 minutes ago, manji said:

In that map you have the Donbas, Luhansk and Donetsk regions as having a significant ethnic russian population, not a majority.  So if (on your basis not mine) ethnicity trumps all then the referendum would fail wouldn't it?

2 minutes ago, farawaysaint said:

Based on what my mates in Russia have told me this is rubbish as people with zero military experience are being called up. They bought the first ticket to Kazakhstan they could to get out.

Nonsense they are clearly as switched on as most on here. A former colleague of mine had done military service and he and a few of his colleagues were called up. They work for a big Computing company. The boss contacted the authorities and said losing these staff would damage the companies efficiency. 
They received a reply saying that the company contributed to the special operations are became exempt

52 minutes ago, manji said:

image.gif.36a01ae40bcb9fa00bdc595bf877ceb9.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

In that map you have the Donbas, Luhansk and Donetsk regions as having a significant ethnic russian population, not a majority.  So if (on your basis not mine) ethnicity trumps all then the referendum would fail wouldn't it?

The minority Ukros there will have seen the grim reality of Kelenskys rule. Not all Ukros support Kelensky. Putin isn’t a communist but there is a significant Ukranian Communist Party.

A lot of the Ukrainian military resent Kelensky. His wife living in a million dollar condo in New York while he swans around the world siphoning NATO donations out of danger whilst demanding Ukranian soldiers sacrifice their lives.

2 minutes ago, manji said:

The minority Ukros there will have seen the grim reality of Kelenskys rule. Not all Ukros support Kelensky. Putin isn’t a communist but there is a significant Ukranian Communist Party.

A lot of the Ukrainian military resent Kelensky. His wife living in a million dollar condo in New York while he swans around the world siphoning NATO donations out of danger whilst demanding Ukranian soldiers sacrifice their lives.

Do you genuinely believe the utter bollocks you're posting? 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Every single point you make has been thoroughly refuted, with evidence, earlier in this thread. I refer you to it.

Evidence ? Invalidated nonsense from Ukro Propogandists regurgitated by shit like the Guardian

Edited by manji
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, manji said:

Leaving aside the morality of invading a country and then holding a referendum, logistically how does it work?  How is Russia contacting those Ukrainians who have fled the area?  How is it conducting referenda in areas that it doesn't actually control but the vote would apply to?

4 minutes ago, manji said:

Evidence ? Invalidated nonsense from Ukro Prpogandists regurgitated by shit like the Guardian

So if you’re not going to accept any evidence that goes against you, why would I bother taking the time to collate it to refute a steaming pile of manure when a meme works just as well?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, manji said:

Nonsense they are clearly as switched on as most on here. A former colleague of mine had done military service and he and a few of his colleagues were called up. They work for a big Computing company. The boss contacted the authorities and said losing these staff would damage the companies efficiency. 
They received a reply saying that the company contributed to the special operations are became exempt

The very fact that a mass exodus is in process refutes your argument. I work with many Russians who have luckily escaped to Turkey. These are gifted individuals who could easily have been thrown into the meat grinder. Conscription is disgraceful. Nationalism only has value if people WANT to buy into it. As soon as you force involvement, you move beyond democracy.  

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Anyone who equates ethnically Russian or Russian speaking with being pro-Putin and wanting to live in Russia is making an enormous false assumption. The Ukrainians I know, all from the east, are unanimous in their hatred of Putin and the invasion.

out of interest, how many do you know?

• Like 1