Billy Sharp assaulted by pitch invader

Saint_clark

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

https://news.sky.com/story/cowardly-attack-during-pitch-invasion-leaves-sheffield-utds-billy-sharp-needing-stitches-12615632

What an absolute lowlife prick that guy is, glad he was caught. Billy one of the nicest blokes in football, suffered tremendous amounts and come back from it all, and someone does that. 

No excuse, but for a nice bloke, he was apparently giving it large to the Forest fans near him all game (not in a nice way what so ever)

Edited by AlexLaw76

These pitch invasions are all a bit daft really, they've not achieved anything yet. I can appreciate a pitch invasion if you win promotion, but a pitch invasion for finishing 6th or winning a Semi Final is just noddy level and idiot's like this will probably stem the end for them for all situations.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

These pitch invasions are all a bit daft really, they've not achieved anything yet. I can appreciate a pitch invasion if you win promotion, but a pitch invasion for finishing 6th or winning a Semi Final is just noddy level and idiot's like this will probably stem the end for them for all situations.

To be honest, they should be banned whatever level I think. Just no need for it. Grown blokes running on the pitch all with their mobile phones out taking selfies. 

Numpties

• Like 3

Listen to all rhe 'grown ups'. Listen the fella that headbutted Sharp, should, and I expect will do time. The blokes tw8t. But there's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned pitch invasion. I would say there aren't enough.  My first apart from last game of the season was v Leeds 1979. 

6 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

This will mark the end of tolerated pitch invasions. Can't have the safety of players and officials compromised,  especially when the players on the pitch are significant investments for their respective cubs.

What are they going to do to stop them, fence fans in again?

"On 10 May 2021, Sheffield United announced they would investigate a video being circulated on social media which appeared to show McBurnie involved in a fight.[83] North Yorkshire Police said that a 24-year-old man had been arrested in connection with an incident where a 21-year-old victim sustained facial injuries.[84] The following month, North Yorkshire Police said that the case had been concluded, with a penalty notice and caution issued to two of the men involved in the incident."

Been caught previously too. £20m striker with more fights than goals in the last two years.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Let's be honest, it's no surprise. The guy is an absolute cunt.

Stealing a living as a footballer as well. I don't think there are many worse out there, certainly should be in non-league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

What are they going to do to stop them, fence fans in again?

I didn't say anything about stopping them. I said they won't be tolerated like they are currently. Behind closed door games springs to mind as the sort of punishment one might expect. Missing your opening home game in your clubs maiden Premier League season is punishment for the fans and missing out on that bumber crowd will hit the clubs bank balance. Every effort to discourage pitch invasions will now be looked at.

43 minutes ago, Hatch said:

I found it amazing how grown men find it so exciting to be on a football pitch,  running about like excited 4 year olds at a birthday party.

But what about the fans getting on at the end of the match ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Surprised at the quick turnaround on this to be honest, can't help but feel it's only because it's so high profile. 

It's the way things should be, so let's celebrate the justice system working for once.

Absolutely disgusting behavior rightly punished and a lesson to all would-be thugs that it's not acceptable.

Edited by Sunglasses Ron

Viera involved in a confrontation with Everton fans following their game and Swindon have also reported their players have been assaulted on the pitch as well. I think whoever suggested before that pitch invasions being tolerated is over nailed it. 

This never used to happen, people just ran on the pitch to celebrate and ignored the opposition. Bunch of fucking morons. I reckon you'll see the league threatening points deductions if this sort of thing happens again, the prospect of retrospectively relegating your club if you run on the pitch and assault someone should be enough to deter them.

16 hours ago, LGTL said:

Amazing how he can be arrested, charged, have his day in court and receive his sentence all within less than 48 hours 😂

Nothing like a bit of good PR to speed things up. 

It's a lot easier when you put your hands up and admit to it - I bet he wouldn't have done that if he knew prison was a reality! Would've gone with the "I slipped, honest guv" defence 😉

45 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

the prospect of retrospectively relegating your club if you run on the pitch and assault someone should be enough to deter them.

No chance that will ever happen. Way too easy to head down to Fratton, run on the pitch and punch some no mark third or fourth division player to get the Skates relegated.

27 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

No chance that will ever happen. Way too easy to head down to Fratton, run on the pitch and punch some no mark third or fourth division player to get the Skates relegated.

Wasn't that long ago we were in the third tier. 🙂Besides, in order to make it convincing, you'd have to wear a Skates shirt. Sure, they'd get into trouble. But you'd never feel clean again, and spend your life in therapy, constantly trying to rub off the shame. 🙂

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, tunit said:

Easiest and cheapest method to stop this would be just to bring back fencing around the pitch. Seems to be no problem in Germany and other countries...

Just eject the clubs involved from the league, or deduct them a hefty wad of points.

42 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Just eject the clubs involved from the league, or deduct them a hefty wad of points.

Never gonna happen but it would be absolutely glorious if Everton got docked 3 points after yesterday. At least if they keep Frank as manager they will be struggling just as much next season