Joe Shields leaving? What the hell is happening???

stevy777_x

Christ. One transfer window and he's had enough of us already. I thought it was bad enough when we were good and haemorrhaging staff.

Oh well. Thanks for landing that striker we desperately needed.

On the positive side, that means at least someone this side of September thinks we actually had a decent transfer window. Maybe there is hope for us after all

So, that’s the set-piece coach and now Shields leaving us already after joining in the summer. Doesn’t look too great from the outside looking in. Not liking the project?

I guess we could have a bit more variety on our signings again now, after a summer of raiding Man City’s youth department. 

Expect Chelsea to add ABK and Lavia to their squad in the not so distant future.

6 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

fucks sake, unless we get a striker in exchange this is unacceptable

What if this was a secret agreement all along, chelsea knew city wouldnt let him go to chelsea so they chucked us some money to get him and funded our spending with the proviso that he joins them in the WC break.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

• Haha 3

Hang on, why is the club being hammered for this?

Clearly he has had an offer 'too good' to turn down. He doesn't want to see if his 'buys' are good enough, he does not have the patience.

Well, I say fuck him. And if Chelsea want them next summer, lets hope we are still prem quality so we can rip them of........a little. 

Loads of shit to beat our club down with right now, this, I'm not so sure. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Clearly he has had an offer 'too good' to turn down. He doesn't want to see if his 'buys' are good enough, he does not have the patience.

Well, I say fuck him. And if Chelsea want them next summer, lets hope we are still prem quality so we can rip them of........a little. 

This. It’s a shame but if I got offered more money to go elsewhere I would. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There does seem to be a habit about people not sticking around at the club currently though.

1 minute ago, LiberalCommunist said:

100% this. If you're blaming the club for this you're utterly nuts. The club and people making the decisions have clearly shown themselves to be capable of making good staff recruitment choices so far so let's back them to get this next one right too. 

• Like 6

This is the likely scenario:

Chelsea were on the look out for a new director of recruitment.

They’ve pinpointed Shields who has a top reputation in England.

Shields wants to go as it’s a big role with a major Champions League club.

Both teams arrange compensation.

I highly doubt this is some player-esque situation where he’s kicked up a fuss to move away. He’s been headhunted. 

• Like 8

Bigger club, bigger salary, bigger budgets, live in London, etc..... of course he would leave us to join Chelsea. As would every other manager, coach, player we have or have ever had. It's modern day football. I'm sick of it. I wish we were back in the 80's/90's, when it was all so much more competitive and even.

The timing of their approach is annoying, but I don't blame our club for this. 

Edited by St Louis
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

The bed wetters are out on full force on Twitter now about this. The crying and whinging on there is far worse than on here. 😂

Bed wetters. Can't you see the club is falling apart around us at the moment or have you got your head so far up your own arse you still beleive the bull shit from their pr machine? I suggest you give yourself a shake and wake up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

I highly doubt this is some player-esque situation where he’s kicked up a fuss to move away. He’s been headhunted. 

Makes sense, especially since Chelsea tried to sign Lavia from us shortly after he signed for us. A big club with very deep pockets, why wouldn’t you want to hoover up the best and why wouldn’t you want to go there? Still, for all those who want to believe that there are huge problems in the club it is another stick to beat the club with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Makes sense, especially since Chelsea tried to sign Lavia from us shortly after he signed for us. A big club with very deep pockets, why wouldn’t you want to hoover up the best and why wouldn’t you want to go there? Still, for all those who want to believe that there are huge problems in the club it is another stick to beat the club with.

Yeah, nothing to see here. We're in tip-top shape, right through the club. Everything is ROSY I tells ya

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

Or an alternative scenario , he put the word out, it went something like this…

“get me the fuck out of this place, biggest mistake of my life, what a shit show, Ralph won’t speak to me, Rasmus hates Martin, Martin hates Rasmus, people keep leaking stuff to the press, we are never ever going to win another game, they care more about rainbows and unicorns than they do about the fans.  What have I done!” he exclaimed whilst sobbing uncontrollably. 

probably exactly how it went down 

Edited by Toussaint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Whatever happens, good new arrivals leaving so quickly after they’ve arrived doesn’t suggest a model behind the scenes that’s working very well. Obviously can’t stop someone leaving for a far better club but this isn’t a one off, and it’s bloody quick for someone to arrive after a long recruitment process, then leave before the real work has been done.  Is there big trouble at little Saints?