Garth Crooks - Again

CheshireSaint

He is at his usual nonsense again. Quote from this week's Team of the Week -

Granit Xhaka (Arsenal)

This can't be happening. Granit Xhaka, once the most unpopular player ever in an Arsenal shirt, is scoring goals, Gabriel Martinelli and Bukayo Saka are playing out of their skins, the Gunners are still top of the table and I can't see anyone stopping them at the moment. It's like a nightmare unfolding in front of your very eyes.

Thank goodness Arsenal are having to play three games a week including European football matches. Fortunately the Saints played the Gunners at the right time. A fresh Arsenal would have destroyed Southampton.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63368172

This is after Saints played 3 times in a week. Bloke is stealing a living. 

• Like 1

Ah well at least Moi didn't make the cut following his excellent performance. If he had, Crooks would have mentioned that having won 2 Championships with Celtic and a couple of years of Premier League experience experience, Mo would be a excellent addition to Arsenals slightly lightweight squad where he would truly thrive.

Flippin Cockwomble 

• Haha 1

If you read the piece on Dan Burn he thinks Spurs played in Europe in midweek! He seems to have completely missed there was a round of domestic games in misweek and everyoen (except man City) was playing their third game in a week.

The bloke is a clown who should be confined to the retirement home.

Bring back Lawro  :)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, CheshireSaint said:

He is at his usual nonsense again. Quote from this week's Team of the Week -

Granit Xhaka (Arsenal)

This can't be happening. Granit Xhaka, once the most unpopular player ever in an Arsenal shirt, is scoring goals, Gabriel Martinelli and Bukayo Saka are playing out of their skins, the Gunners are still top of the table and I can't see anyone stopping them at the moment. It's like a nightmare unfolding in front of your very eyes.

Thank goodness Arsenal are having to play three games a week including European football matches. Fortunately the Saints played the Gunners at the right time. A fresh Arsenal would have destroyed Southampton.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63368172

This is after Saints played 3 times in a week. Bloke is stealing a living. 

Arsenal made 6 or 7 changes for their midweek game as well - not to mention our injuries atm. Bloke is just pedalling popular narratives.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Has anyone ever know a decent lad called Garth?

I thought I did - he was a sales agent for us - I helped him out having known him for years in the industry and him being a pleasant chap. Doing the big annual tradeshow "Garths not coming he has Bronchitis", couple of days later speaking to a long time customer about a major competitor just across the aisle from us "While Sarah is on maternity we have a new stand in rep" "got a different name" she ran though a range of names beginning with G - I asked "Garth?" That was it! uncommon name AND the only one in the industry: and he had just committed a cardinal sin. ...................... the door didn't bang on his arse on the way out!

10 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Why not just close this thread and stop giving the idiot publicity.

Yeah, I agree. It was all the lads in my local were talking about yesterday, The Garth Crooks Saints Web thread. It’s really going to hurt his nationwide profile if the mods lock it. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

8 hours ago, Saint in Paradise said:

Well there was a cartoon character named Garth  in the Daily Mirror that ran from 24 July 1943 – 22 March 1997.

He belonged to the action-adventure genre and was portrayed as an immensely strong hero who battled various

villains throughout the world.

Indeed. Back in my Army days, someone strong was known to have 'Arms like Garth' in homage to said cartoon character. I have used the term in civvy street only to be faced with some quizzical looks. 

• 2 weeks later...