What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

14 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Luckily, we're still paying extra for the 'daily standing charge' to compensate BG / Centrica for taking on all those firms that failed, not sure how they are managing to cope financially without our help.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64652142

Absolutely no way those charges should be re-examined given the huge increase in profits, no sir!

These wankers are smashing all these profits, must be at the part part of $50b profit between Shell, BP and Centrica. Meanwhile they’re taking the piss with fuel prices. It’s the gravy train to be on, bet a few Tories have their snouts in their troughs too. It’s obscene 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Turkish said:

These wankers are smashing all these profits, must be at the part part of $50b profit between Shell, BP and Centrica. Meanwhile they’re taking the piss with fuel prices. It’s the gravy train to be on, bet a few Tories have their snouts in their troughs too. It’s obscene 

Tories haven’t really gone after them but clear general public are hugely supportive of getting their profits to share the burden with the poor people who can’t afford it. I am clearly no Tory but can’t think of one positive thing they are doing to get re-elected. They  poopooed the windfall tax for ages and then initiated some light version that appears to be easily dodged.

• 1 month later...

How the mighty have fallen.  Johnnyboy is going to be apoplectic when he finds out!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65102128

Labour's governing body has voted to block Jeremy Corbyn from standing as a Labour candidate at the next election.

The National Executive Committee (NEC) voted 22 to 12 to approve a motion from Sir Keir Starmer to prevent Labour endorsing Mr Corbyn. There is no appeal within Labour's process.

• Haha 1

Magic grandpa isn’t happy about being given the shove, bless him.  Think he’ll likely end up standing at the next election as an independent and will view it as a personal exoneration exercise. I find it a bit remarkable just how many cranks there are that still show unbending loyalty to the mad old goat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

Magic grandpa isn’t happy about being given the shove, bless him.  Think he’ll likely end up standing at the next election as an independent and will view it as a personal exoneration exercise. I find it a bit remarkable just how many cranks there are that still show unbending loyalty to the mad old goat.

What a deluded twat Steptoe is although his brother is crazier still. ‘A betrayal of the millions who voted for us in 2019’ - it was your party’s worst GE result for 84 years. https://academic.oup.com/pa/article/73/Supplement_1/84/5910283

Member-led - that’s Ed Miliband’s idiotic fault, so it meant loads of entryists skewed your party and turned it into a giant experiment eg like the early 1980s, with the same outcome as 1983. No, actually even worse.

Meanwhile the ex-kippers have also infiltrated the Tory party. That’s why the parliamentary party had to put the Truss debacle by the members right. They’re still at it locally de-selecting MPs who called Boris out.

No wonder I don’t vote for the two main parties. 

Edited by saint1977

• 10 months later...

I see the London acid attacker was an Afghan asylum seeker who was still despite having his application turned down and has also committed a sex crime. What a great example of multi culturalism working 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I see the London acid attacker was an Afghan asylum seeker who was still despite having his application turned down and has also committed a sex crime. What a great example of multi culturalism working 

His asylum application was twice turned down, but granted on the third occasion when he claimed to have converted to Christianity, and that being returned to Afghanistan was therefore a risk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68167793

Arrived by lorry in 2016, convicted of sex offences in 2018 (sexual assualt / exposure) but granted asylum in 2020 or 2021 (no one seems to be sure).  I guess religion wins again.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Isn't it more of a great example that the Home Office isn't working?

How on earth does someone like that get through our immigration system, and why is former Home Office minister Jenrick deflecting blame to solicitors and vicars?

Then again who would ever employ Jenrick, and why isn't he in prison?

So many questions....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

How on earth does someone like that get through our immigration system, and why is former Home Office minister Jenrick deflecting blame to solicitors and vicars?

So many questions....

All we know is it won’t be the fault of those who have governed for the last 14 years. Responsibility must lie else where and wouldn’t be surprised Labour’s lack of a plan has something to do with it.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Arrived by lorry in 2016, convicted of sex offences in 2018 (sexual assualt / exposure) but granted asylum in 2020 or 2021 (no one seems to be sure).  I guess religion wins again.

Can't see it's anything to do with that. We're a victim of our foreign and domestic policy - meddle in other countries, destabilise them even more, mass exodus ensues, rescue them from the channel on our naval taxis, accommodate them very nicely, look after them for life, reap these kind of benefits. Feckin brilliant. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Seems perfectly reasonable to me, it’s not as if any Christians have ever committed any sex offences.

I saw an interview with Lord Owen (remember him) the other day where he was suggesting we would probably have to leave ECHR in order to implement the Rwanda policy. He said that the ECHR were vastly overstepping the mark, and that he would accept us leaving. Lord Owen is hardly right-wing.

2 hours ago, egg said:

Can't see it's anything to do with that. We're a victim of our foreign and domestic policy - meddle in other countries, destabilise them even more, mass exodus ensues, rescue them from the channel on our naval taxis, accommodate them very nicely, look after them for life, reap these kind of benefits. Feckin brilliant. 

Except that he wouldn't have had his asylum granted if he hadn't claimed to have become a Christian.

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

I did laugh when the initial description of him was just "a man"

Edited by AlexLaw76

10 hours ago, rallyboy said:

So many questions....

Agree with that. It's absolutely ridiculous no matter who is in charge that people like that are allowed into our country. We've got enough problems with wronguns of our own without letting in the rest of the worlds mentalists. 

How can someone just decide to convert to a religion and its not assumed that they're doing this to stay in the country? The whole thing stinks. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1

The things that get me with this are -

He gained asylum deapite his conviction, under the current rules. It's very simple just change rhe rules.

Why should converting to Christianity make any difference.

If you failed to be granted leave to.remain twice.then that should be it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Presumably it makes you an oppressed minority in an Islamic country from whence you came?

49 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

The things that get me with this are -

He gained asylum deapite his conviction, under the current rules. It's very simple just change rhe rules.

If you failed to be granted leave to.remain twice.then that should be it.

24 minutes ago, whelk said:

Presumably it makes you an oppressed minority in an Islamic country from whence you came?

Exacly.  He could no longer be sent back to Afghanistan as they hate Christians and feed them to the lions or something, so he wouldn't have been safe.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Exacly.  He could no longer be sent back to Afghanistan as they hate Christians and feed them to the lions or something, so he wouldn't have been safe.

Not so much that they hate Christians but he would be an Apostate having converted from Islam, this is one of the biggest "no-no"'s you can make.

He is not the first Muslim immigrant to follow this path to avoid repatriation. ( However, Rwanda is a Christian country ).

Edited by badgerx16

26 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I hope the attacker get the support he needs, clearly got mental health issues. Probably needs a nice house, free money and just a kick start to life...

I hope he gets a long sentance and we find a way to send him back to Afghanistan. But then I'm not trying to make a political point.

2 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

I hope he gets a long sentance and we find a way to send him back to Afghanistan. But then I'm not trying to make a political point.

I would have hoped that upon the initial bid* to stay, he would have been immediately deported. But of course, that is not the UK we live in

*and the requirements to remain are reviewed and toughened up by some measure.

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I would have hoped that upon the initial bid* to stay, he would have been immediately deported. But of course, that is not the UK we live in

*and the requirements to remain are reviewed and toughened up by some measure.

I wonder why that is?

21 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

I wonder why that is?

I blame the lefty lawyers and the wokerati. Just a pity we couldn’t have had a stable government in power for the past 14 years who could have sorted this mess right out.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I blame the lefty lawyers and the wokerati. Just a pity we couldn’t have had a stable government in power for the past 14 years who could have sorted this mess right out.

I would question that we have had a "stable" Government since the Brexit vote.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

The EHCR is not imposed on the UK, we choose to follow it, and indeed were one of the prime movers in creating it.

Edit: we ratified it and passed it into Law in 1951.

Edited by badgerx16

Just now, badgerx16 said:

The EHCR is not imposed on the UK, we choose to follow it, and indeed were one of the prime movers in creating it.

But leaving the ECHR would probably bring down a government, or close to it...

17 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Was it not Blair in 1998 who gave it juristication in UK

The Court was created in 1959, and all members of the Council of Europe, which included the UK, accepted it's establishment and jurisdiction. The Blair Government introduced the 1998 Human Rights Act which explicitly embedded the ECHR into UK Law.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

in the Rochdale by-election there are 11 candidates including the non-Labour Labour candidate, a former Labour MP for the seat who was kicked out of the party for sending inappropriate messages to a 17 year old, Gorgeous George Galloway who seems to campaigning on behalf of Gaza, the Greens have disowned their original candidate over racist SM messages he posted and are instead supporting an independant, an ex vicar, who has the threat of a prison term hanging over him for participating in 'non-violent' just-stop-oil protests, the Tory has gone on holiday instead of campaigning, and of the total list there are 0 women.

Edited by badgerx16

40 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

in the Rochdale by-election there are 11 candidates including the non-Labour Labour candidate, a former Labour MP for the seat who was kicked out of the party for sending inappropriate messages to a 17 year old, Gorgeous George Galloway who seems to campaigning on behalf of Gaza, the Green candidate has the threat of a prison term hanging over him for participating in 'non-violent' protests, the Tory has gone on holiday instead of campaigning, and of the total list there are 0 women.

It's come to something when the Monster Raving Loony Party seems like the only sane option!

4 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

in the Rochdale by-election there are 11 candidates including the non-Labour Labour candidate, a former Labour MP for the seat who was kicked out of the party for sending inappropriate messages to a 17 year old, Gorgeous George Galloway who seems to campaigning on behalf of Gaza, the Greens have disowned their original candidate over racist SM messages he posted and are instead supporting an independant, an ex vicar, who has the threat of a prison term hanging over him for participating in 'non-violent' just-stop-oil protests, the Tory has gone on holiday instead of campaigning, and of the total list there are 0 women.

Lovely to see so much of society reflected in their option of representative. It's sad that your local self-important, crooked, deviant doesn't even try to hide it, prior to being elected anymore.