Russell Martin

LegalEagle

Just now, notnowcato said:

Here you go Rev Saint - HTH

Have you been drinking?

I find it weird that you're actually trying to say that anyone who doesn't tolerate school boy errors is a tool.  Yay!  Embrace the failure!  Bring it on, the more mistakes the better - anyone who doesn't revel in the worst goal difference in the division is an entitled tool.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

Keep up Badger, not tolerating errors made by school boys makes you "a bit of a tool".

FFS, I will not tolerate errors made by professional millionaire footballers that are of such a level that should a schoolboy make them they would be rightly pulled up for it. Or are you happy to see a Saints player stood in the 'D' of our own penalty area pass directly to an opposition attacker less than 10 yards away, which seems to happen every fucking week ? Then again, perhaps you quite proud of our positioning at our attacking corners when the furthest back defensive player we have is stood alone halfway inside the oppo's half, allowing them to break with a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio ? Let alone committing a foul throw when we need above all else to retain possession.

And I'm the tool !

• Like 8

1 hour ago, notnowcato said:

Agreed, the road is a lot rockier than I'd hoped for but equally I'm not massively surprised.

Those comparing us with Leicester and Leeds have a point, even though we went down together we were down at Christmas (albeit not mathematically): Leeds and Leicester were fighting much longer than us and so I think the rebuild is greater with us than those 2 teams.  Leicester do look really good, I'm not convinced by Leeds, yet.

It’s a shame because I think on the whole winning teams keep winning and losing teams keep losing. After the first 4 games I really thought if we got a couple more wins that would be it - we’d be winning more than not. That’s where Leicester are now. They will go up automatically. 

can understand fans being fucked off when we are losing so so easily. The window where we have financial advantage in this league is short. We really need not to waste it.

As an aside, I was in Bristol this weekend and went to rovers v Wigan. It was very enjoyable. Lively crowd, Rovers have a solid team and it was enjoyable football to watch. I’d be happy with that as a saints fan - players who want to do their best, enjoyable football, and a laugh on a Saturday afternoon.

pps Wigan we’re awful. I had a bit of empathy for their travelling fans

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

I was in Bristol this weekend and went to rovers v Wigan. It was very enjoyable. Lively crowd, Rovers have a solid team and it was enjoyable football to watch. I’d be happy with that as a saints fan

Don't tell SR that or they'll lower their sights from turning us into the new Swansea to making us the next Bristol Rovers.  Oh for the halcyon days when we dreamed of becoming Luton Town.

Edited by Nordic Saint

Agreed, the road is a lot rockier than I'd hoped for but equally I'm not massively surprised.

Those comparing us with Leicester and Leeds have a point, even though we went down together we were down at Christmas (albeit not mathematically): Leeds and Leicester were fighting much longer than us and so I think the rebuild is greater with us than those 2 teams.  Leicester do look really good, I'm not convinced by Leeds, yet.

That doesn't hold much water to be fair. Everyone connected with the club would have known we were going down by April at the latest. That's when we should have done our planning. Which should have included buying/ loaning players specifically for Martin if we were so adamant we wanted him. Fact is,we wasted the summer trying to be clever again.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

Don't tell SR that or they'll lower their sights from turning us into the new Swansea to making us the new Bristol Rovers. How about local derbys with Eastleigh? Russell Martin managed to draw with them when he was at MK Dons. Oh for the halcyon days when we dreamed of becoming the next Luton Town.

I get you. However, it was refreshing to see a supposedly limited set of players doing simple things well and the result being something greater than the sum of the parts if you get what I mean. 

Edited by Golac's Cunning Stunts
  • Like 2

The issue for me is that there's basically two options for relegated teams. You keep as much as you can of your setup, and hope the PL quality is enough to steamroll the league (basically Leicester and Leeds and Burnley last year), or you use the time in the Championship to slowly overhaul a squad and style of play (more like Brentford - except they didn't have the financial clock we have). With customary arrogance, our owners assumed we could do both at once, and once again, reality is biting.

For what it's worth I think we should stick with Martin and hope next season with weaker relegated teams we've still got just enough squad quality and have developed some kind of understanding/play-style. But that's as much because I don't trust the people in charge with replacing him either.

2 hours ago, notnowcato said:

What positives do you see that Martin has brought to the club so far?

If you’re so positive that he just needs time and is a good manager, what are you basing that on?

It’s all very well coming on calling people tools and acting like you know more than everyone else but what gives you this confidence? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, notnowcato said:

Seriously, some of the posts on here are horrific. Aligned very closely to an entitled, I want it now trait that will stifle most chances of this club being able to rebuild. 
JW and RM may or may not be the people to turn our club around but they are the ones currently with the opportunity to do so and I believe should and probably will be given the time to prove they are capable

Question is - with the resources and squad the club has, what should be par performance after 8 games? I'd argue that losing more than we've won on a four game losing streak and having comfortably the worst defensive record in the league is well below par. If we were sitting in sixth with a mixed back of results, I doubt anyone would be complaining and we'd for the most part be optimistic about potentially stringing together a run that would get us up alongside Leicester et al.

So then you look at the quality of performances and ask yourself if we've just been on the end of an unlucky series of results, with good performances not getting the points they deserve?

On the basis of those quantitative and qualitative criteria, we're nowhere near where we expected to be, and so far the quality of performances is trending down rather than up.

Something is very wrong, and from listening to him, it's not clear to me that Martin knows what it is or how to fix it. If he wants to play the possession game he's coaching, he needs the players to be so much more mobile than they currently are. Possession teams are in almost constant motion, while our players (with a few exceptions) are static, waiting for the ball.  It's so glaringly obvious, but all Martin talks about are bravery and individual errors, which have nothing to do with our lack of movement.

I suspect he has a fundamentally superficial understanding of the game he's trying to play, along with a superficial understanding of the quality of players at his disposal (hence why Aribo, who has spent his whole career playing in the UK, is more trustworthy than Alcaraz, who hasn't). I'll be astonished if he has the capacity to turn this around.

Edited by verlaine1979
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

FFS, I will not tolerate errors made by professional millionaire footballers that are of such a level that should a schoolboy make them they would be rightly pulled up for it. Or are you happy to see a Saints player stood in the 'D' of our own penalty area pass directly to an opposition attacker less than 10 yards away, which seems to happen every fucking week ? Then again, perhaps you quite proud of our positioning at our attacking corners when the furthest back defensive player we have is stood alone halfway inside the oppo's half, allowing them to break with a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio ? Let alone committing a foul throw when we need above all else to retain possession.

And I'm the tool !

I can’t help what you wrote Badger, maybe you didn’t mean it that way but they be the words you used. 

1 hour ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

That doesn't hold much water to be fair. Everyone connected with the club would have known we were going down by April at the latest. That's when we should have done our planning. Which should have included buying/ loaning players specifically for Martin if we were so adamant we wanted him. Fact is,we wasted the summer trying to be clever again.

How do you know that isn’t what happened??

Not saying the execution of the planning was any good but we have no idea when we started to look to this season. 

8 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

What positives do you see that Martin has brought to the club so far?

If you’re so positive that he just needs time and is a good manager, what are you basing that on?

It’s all very well coming on calling people tools and acting like you know more than everyone else but what gives you this confidence? 

Where have I said I know more than anyone else?

I think anyone appointed to a new role needs time. 

Just now, notnowcato said:

How do you know that isn’t what happened??

Not saying the execution of the planning was any good but we have no idea when we started to look to this season. 

If any sort of planning did go into it, they completely fucked it up, yet again. The team, and I mean the starting eleven should have been made up of players that were still going to be here on September 1st. Absolute waste of time playing JWP and Tella pre-season, they were never going to stay. We needed to have had all our main business done before the Sheffield game, save maybe a loan or two coming in. We were desperate for another forward, yet we even managed to fuck that up by buying one who is injured and probably won't be match fit until the end of October. The club is run by idiots whose only plan is to try and make us Manchester City.

7 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

Question is - with the resources and squad the club has, what should be par performance after 8 games? I'd argue that losing more than we've won on a four game losing streak and having comfortably the worst defensive record in the league is well below par. If we were sitting in six with a mixed back of results, I doubt anyone would be complaining and we'd for the most part be optimistic about potentially stringing together a run that would get us up alongside Leicester et al.

So then you look at the quality of performances and ask yourself if we've just on the end of an unlucky series of results, with good performances not getting the points they deserve?

On the basis of those quantitative and qualitative criteria, we're nowhere near where we expected to be, and so far the quality of performances is trending down rather than up.

Something is very wrong, and from listening to him, it's not clear to me that Martin knows what it is or how to fix it. If he wants to play the possession game he's coaching, he needs the players to be so much more mobile than they currently are. Possession teams are in almost constant motion, while our players (with a few exceptions) are static, waiting for the ball.  It's so glaringly obvious, but all Martin talks about are bravery and individual errors, which have nothing to do with our lack of movement.

I suspect he has a fundamentally superficial understanding of the game he's trying to play, along with a superficial understanding of the quality of players at his disposal (hence why Aribo, who has spent his whole career playing in the UK, is more trustworthy than Alcaraz, who hasn't). I'll be astonished if he has the capacity to turn this around.

I’m not saying I’m happy with the performances, results, transfer window etc Or if the points we have after 8 games is above or below par. I just think it’s way too soon to pull the trigger on RM. 

I like the way RM has spoken previously, although you can now see he’s under a bit of stress. Players that have worked with him are generally full of praise and enjoy the football. We’ve also had so much upheaval that maybe failing for a little while the club gets its shit together might not be such a bad thing. 

7 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

I think anyone appointed to a new role needs time

FWIW, this was precisely my thought process when people started calling for Nathan Jones to be sacked after 4 or 5 games. It didn't take much longer to realise that no amount of time was going to turn him into a competent PL manager though.

I'm not seeing anything from Martin, either in his team selections and tactics or in his post match interviews, that gives me even a glimmer of hope that our current situation will improve under his leadership.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

We’ve also had so much upheaval that maybe failing for a little while the club gets its shit together might not be such a bad thing. 

That's a noble sentiment, but we can't afford to fail so badly that we're not in the running for promotion this season. Solak didn't buy the club to be long-term mid-table Championship also-rans, and he's as likely to cut his losses at that point as he is to pump in additional money. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

Question is - with the resources and squad the club has, what should be par performance after 8 games? I'd argue that losing more than we've won on a four game losing streak and having comfortably the worst defensive record in the league is well below par. If we were sitting in six with a mixed back of results, I doubt anyone would be complaining and we'd for the most part be optimistic about potentially stringing together a run that would get us up alongside Leicester et al.

So then you look at the quality of performances and ask yourself if we've just on the end of an unlucky series of results, with good performances not getting the points they deserve?

I’m not saying I’m happy with the performances, results, transfer window etc Or if the points we have after 8 games is above or below par. I just think it’s way too soon to pull the trigger on RM. 

I like the way RM has spoken previously, although you can now see he’s under a bit of stress. Players that have worked with him are generally full of praise and enjoy the football. We’ve also had so much upheaval that maybe failing for a little while the club gets its shit together might not be such a bad thing. 

53 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

FWIW, this was precisely my thought process when people started calling for Nathan Jones to be sacked after 4 or 5 games. It didn't take much longer to realise that no amount of time was going to turn him into a competent PL manager though.

I'm not seeing anything from Martin, either in his team selections and tactics or in his post match interviews, that gives me even a glimmer of hope that our current situation will improve under his leadership.

When Ralph came in, the whole feel around the place was immediate. When Koeman came in, it was the same. These people are managers but they're also motivators and can arguably get the best out of players straightaway. No excuses about needing time.

Watching Everton on the box over the weekend was interesting. There's a team full of crap that seem to be trying hard and now look like they'll get some good results. I just want RM to put a rocket up some of our player's arses and motivate them to look like they care. Whether it's his possession football, hoof football, wing football, channel football or whatever f**king football, I want our players to go out and play like they want to win. So sort it out RM. Motivate them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

The only slight glimmer of hope is that Swansea eventually went on a run after some terrible results so it's conceivable that we could too. I don't think we will but it's clearly what the club is hoping for. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, verlaine1979 said:

That's a noble sentiment, but we can't afford to fail so badly that we're not in the running for promotion this season. Solak didn't buy the club to be long-term mid-table Championship also-rans, and he's as likely to cut his losses at that point as he is to pump in additional money. 

Which makes me wonder if your point  has legs. As I have thought for a while now. 

Made an awful lot of money over the summer, and I still think bought the club a bit cheap. 

Clearly has a love for football with his interest in a number of clubs. But the English leagues absolutely sucks money up, not like his other clubs. 

There will come a point of Return on Investment. 

There’s just nothing really positive to say about this team in recent matches. From a fans perspective it looks like they’re playing as half arsed as you’d expect a team to play once the manager’s lost the dressing room (Like under RH), not into his first few months in charge. 

We’ve been routinely beaten by Gillingham, annihilated by Sunderland, schooled by Leicester, eased out of a match by Ipswich and been seen off by a then bottom of the league and then winless Middlesbrough. We’ve scored in three of the fixtures, but we’ve barely laid a glove on the opposition across the 90 minutes. Just nothing to get excited about.

Every week you’re watching the opposition get forward in numbers and attack at pace. Often outnumbering Southampton defenders. Something that is hard to defend against, often forcing errors and is proving to get results. You’ll never see a Southampton attack under Russell Martin outnumber the opposition defence. Instead, we’ll let the defence regroup, setup their block and outnumber us, meaning there isn’t any openings and we certainly aren’t good enough to create any openings. A lot has been said about the static nature of our attack, and I think a large part of that is because there isn’t any space, other than standing in an offside position. They’re constantly marked, playing with their back to goal and watching the likes of Downes, Smallbone and the defence pass around themselves while the opposition watch and setup. We’re not forcing any errors and there’s a lot in the Championship - see the one time we did play a long ball against Leicester and scored from it after I believe Doyle messed up his clearance.

Teams are so well coached and set up tactically these days that you can’t really effectively breakdown defences with endless passing and possession. The best period under RH came when Vestergaard was playing long vertical balls up to Adams/Ings. Bypassing the midfield, catching the opposition defence out/sleeping. Which you don’t do when you’re passing it around the centre of the pitch in front of them. Bertrand to Ings’ quick goal against Arsenal, one pass, easy as that. If we’d have made 20 passes, Arsenal would have soaked it up and cleared.

We have Sulemana, Adams, Alcaraz, Edozie in our attack. KWP down the right too. All have the individual talent to cause problems, take risks and overload the opposition, but we’re playing out matches while losing as though they’re friendlies and that’s apparently called not being brave. Adams needs someone up top near him. Even if it’s Armstrong to recreate the Adams/Ings partnership, who Armstrong was supposed to replace has got to be better than this rubbish. 

Finally the signings - Downes played under Martin, knows the system and he’s been more useless than most in his first outings. Same for Manning. Fraser, his mate from Scotland who we all knew had some question marks over attitude hasn’t delivered, Stewart, another Scottish mate injured. Even Harwood-Bellis, who proved himself at Burnley and England Under-21s is being hung out to dry with these tactics. What was Mowbray doing, because he didn’t really unearth any talent, Charles was known by Wilcox. Can’t keep blaming last season either, because a lot of the starting eleven weren’t a part of it. I do wonder however if it’s because we’ve got a bunch of loans and they don’t care because they’ll be going back to their parent clubs next summer.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

There’s just nothing really positive to say about this team in recent matches. From a fans perspective it looks like they’re playing as half arsed as you’d expect a team to play once the manager’s lost the dressing room (Like under RH), not into his first few months in charge. 

We’ve been routinely beaten by Gillingham, annihilated by Sunderland, schooled by Leicester, eased out of a match by Ipswich and been seen off by a then bottom of the league and then winless Middlesbrough. We’ve scored in three of the fixtures, but we’ve barely laid a glove on the opposition across the 90 minutes. Just nothing to get excited about.

Every week you’re watching the opposition get forward in numbers and attack at pace. Often outnumbering Southampton defenders. Something that is hard to defend against, often forcing errors and is proving to get results. You’ll never see a Southampton attack under Russell Martin outnumber the opposition defence. Instead, we’ll let the defence regroup, setup their block and outnumber us, meaning there isn’t any openings and we certainly aren’t good enough to create any openings. A lot has been said about the static nature of our attack, and I think a large part of that is because there isn’t any space, other than standing in an offside position. They’re constantly marked, playing with their back to goal and watching the likes of Downes, Smallbone and the defence pass around themselves while the opposition watch and setup. We’re not forcing any errors and there’s a lot in the Championship - see the one time we did play a long ball against Leicester and scored from it after I believe Doyle messed up his clearance.

Teams are so well coached and set up tactically these days that you can’t really effectively breakdown defences with endless passing and possession. The best period under RH came when Vestergaard was playing long vertical balls up to Adams/Ings. Bypassing the midfield, catching the opposition defence out/sleeping. Which you don’t do when you’re passing it around the centre of the pitch in front of them. Bertrand to Ings’ quick goal against Arsenal, one pass, easy as that. If we’d have made 20 passes, Arsenal would have soaked it up and cleared.

We have Sulemana, Adams, Alcaraz, Edozie in our attack. KWP down the right too. All have the individual talent to cause problems, take risks and overload the opposition, but we’re playing out matches while losing as though they’re friendlies and that’s apparently called not being brave. Adams needs someone up top near him. Even if it’s Armstrong to recreate the Adams/Ings partnership, who Armstrong was supposed to replace has got to be better than this rubbish. 

Finally the signings - Downes played under Martin, knows the system and he’s been more useless than most in his first outings. Same for Manning. Fraser, his mate from Scotland who we all knew had some question marks over attitude hasn’t delivered, Stewart, another Scottish mate injured. Even Harwood-Bellis, who proved himself at Burnley and England Under-21s is being hung out to dry with these tactics. What was Mowbray doing, because he didn’t really unearth any talent, Charles was known by Wilcox. Can’t keep blaming last season either, because a lot of the starting eleven weren’t a part of it. I do wonder however if it’s because we’ve got a bunch of loans and they don’t care because they’ll be going back to their parent clubs next summer.

Completely agree. If there was even the slightest positive to cling on to I would say that he deserves more time as we desperately need to stop chopping and changing. But he is fucking awful.

Bad line ups, bad tactics, bad substitutions, bad motivator, bad excuses, bad style of football. 

I don’t think i can remember a worse saints team. Even Wotte’s saints would beat this Martin side. They would just sit back and catch us on the break, same as everyone else. Fucking pathetic management 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Exactly, we cannot afford a transitional year as nothing will be the same next year.

Adams, KWP, Bednarek, THB, Fraser, Holgate, Downes, Sulemana, Alcaraz - it's basically starting all over again, like we did this year, but with less $$ and a lower reputation as we won't be a recently relegated side.

Failure to go up this year, IMO, will confine us to the lower leagues for many, many, many years. Some of us may never see PL football again.

That last sentence is a tad bit dramatic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

So sort it out RM. Motivate them.

That's putting the cart before the horse. It's hard for players to be motivated when their manager is a clueless muppet with the tactics of an under-6-year-olds coach.

* Apologies to any under-6-year-olds coaches reading this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rich102 said:

For what it's worth I think we should stick with Martin and hope next season with weaker relegated teams we've still got just enough squad quality and have developed some kind of understanding/play-style. But that's as much because I don't trust the people in charge with replacing him either.

If we stick with Martin I'm not even sure that we will be playing in this division next year, and not in a good way. Still I suppose the plus side to that will be a couple of local derbies with the noisy neighbours to look forward to... if of course we're not changing places with them.

Edited by Oldandtired
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, notnowcato said:

I can’t help what you wrote Badger, maybe you didn’t mean it that way but they be the words you used. 

"Some of the errors we are repeatedly making would not be tolerated at schoolboy level. "

I mean exactly what I wrote; if schoolboy players made these mistakes they would be told it was not acceptable - for top level pros it is unforgiveable.

• Like 7

I think for me it's that the ten points we've won were a shade lucky. Ok, maybe not Sheff Weds...but even then, a draw looked likely. QPR and Plymouth deserved a point each against us. We were suicidal against Norwich and a bit fortunate to scrape a point.

The games we've lost, we've deserved to lose. So, I think 10 points probably flatters us.

• Like 10

Think it’s gonna be very difficult to turn this round now, it’s going a very similar direction to jones with the fans

its a problem with these philosophy managers who stick  with their game through thick and thin even though everyone know how we will play and how to deal with it . 

Looks like at Swansea the run they went on was when he finally changed tactics due to pressure, but we need results now! He really needs to shape up quick as it’s killing our promotion chances ..

ar the moment I’m leaning out as I think he’s too stubborn to change 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

I think for me it's that the ten points we've won were a shade lucky. Ok, maybe not Sheff Weds...but even then, a draw looked likely. QPR and Plymouth deserved a point each against us. We were suicidal against Norwich and a bit fortunate to scrape a point.

The games we've lost, we've deserved to lose. So, I think 10 points probably flatters us.

100% 

We passed Sheff Weds to death without ever really looking like we were going to turn them over, and it's gone downhill from there. There have been no convincing performances under Martin, only mediocre ones and shit ones.

• Like 4

IF/when (?) Saints lose and the teams below win on Saturday Saints could end up 19th.

I have lost confidence in Mr Martin and, but much worse, confidence that SR would replace him with someone

who would be an improvement. It's about time SR admitted that they are nowhere near as brilliant as they

think they are and realise that if they weren't owners they would themselves have been sacked months ago.

They are non league standard...not even good enough for league 2

• Like 4

7 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

"Some of the errors we are repeatedly making would not be tolerated at schoolboy level. "

I mean exactly what I wrote; if schoolboy players made these mistakes they would be told it was not acceptable - for top level pros it is unforgiveable.

Ok, on reflection, I’ve no doubt you are a tool and should be nowhere near youth football. 

1 hour ago, Dark Munster said:

That applies to Ankersen (even more so).

He is the problem, while he is pulling the strings, and I’m certain he still is. Albeit on step removed with proxy general in place. I am absolutely convinced if the replace Martin it will be with someone as bad or worse, following recent trends.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, maysie said:

That last sentence is a tad bit dramatic.

I don’t think so, it’s a reality we are facing, the incumbent bunch of charlatans will disappear into the mist when it all goes horribly wrong. There are much bigger clubs with much greater histories than ours who have sunk into oblivion.  

• Like 3

Ok, on reflection, I’ve no doubt you are a tool and should be nowhere near youth football. 

52 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

It’s never a good look when anyone  resorts to juvenile insults.

I reckon too many concussions caused by Mr Fong's ambushes

13 hours ago, notnowcato said:

I think anyone appointed to a new role needs time. 

I didn’t say you know everything. I said you act like you know everything.

You’re not Rasmus on a burner account are you? 

Edited by Osvaldorama
  • Like 2

Sports Republic continue to oversee our managed decline into a bang average Championship team (at best), whilst continuing to hire pups as head coach/manager. They are the new version of Venkeys, or not far off the Pozzo family.

The current manager is a con. He overseeing a squad that is very expensive, very deep and easily good enough for a strong charge at top 2. This squad is in dire form, has the worst defence in English professional football, and his team selections are just odd.

Yet despite all of that, fans are being called entitled for daring to be a bit unhappy about it all, with some even part blaming fans for the mess.

You know Sport Republic/Martin are in the mire, as their biggest psychopathic fan on here, Manji, is quiet about it all.

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 12

5 minutes ago, Butthole_Surfer said:

Maybe use some hypnotization sessions and a proper mental coach to get some self-confidence and ball growth into that squad? Would be cheaper than paying managers for gardening leave 😉 

We are on our fourth successive "proper mental coach", that strategy definitely aint working!

10 hours ago, Oldandtired said:

If we stick with Martin I'm not even sure that we will be playing in this division next year, and not in a good way. Still I suppose the plus side to that will be a couple of local derbies with the noisy neighbours to look forward to... if of course we're not changing places with them.

I do get this - I just can't see loading another bad appointment (which they will inevitably make) and another new playing style on a mentally weak group of players yielding anything positive either.

19 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

We are on our fourth successive "proper mental coach", that strategy definitely aint working!

I didn't know that haha… so… maybe a daily kick in the butt by some drill sergeant type would do the trick? Switch the Gucci hand bags full of nail clippers for some good old medicine balls… 

• Like 1