Missing Titanic Sub

skintsaint

7 ways to return to the surface on the sub. Was watching one news coverage of a reporter who had previously gone on it. He was told getting back up really wasn’t a problem, the only two worries were getting stuck in netting or a leakage. 

On his dive they were stuck on the surface for 3 hours and didn’t even ask for assistance so it must have been bad this time around.

Edited by SotonianWill

Just seen on GMB that they now think there is a less than 1% chance of survival, oxygen will run out thursday morning, the lost signal 1 1/2 hours into the descent. Even if they found it huge difficulty bringing it back above water. It's not looking good. But honestly having seen the video above you have to wonder why anyone is mad enough to get it in. $200k to get in that thing built from parts from a camping shop, not regulated by any industry, they said it's only been approved to descend to 3000 metres, Titanic is nearly 4,000. No chance i'd be getting in that. 

rescuing people at that depth is near-on impossible. I guess a rescue submersible would need to tether it back up to a safer depth? That is even if it can be located.

Miracles do happen though, but I should imagine they will either suffocate or freeze to death, if they have not been crushed by the atmospheric pressure

Edited by AlexLaw76

3 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

rescuing people at that depth is near-on impossible. I guess a rescue submersible would need to tether it back up to a safer depth? That is even if it can be located.

Miracles do happen though, but I should imagine they will either suffocate or freeze to death, if they have not been crushed by the atmospheric pressure

the last thing they would want is someone burning them with chip fat then

#topbantz #oldonesarethebest #originalityismymiddlename #i'venoideawhypeoplethinkiamacock

I keep reading they have x hours of oxygen left, but surely that is based on 5 souls? 

If there was only one of them alive, they could last 5 times longer than the estimates. There is a clear way forward to make that oxygen go further.

Just now, ashnats said:

I keep reading they have x hours of oxygen left, but surely that is based on 5 souls? 

If there was only one of them alive, they could last 5 times longer than the estimates. There is a clear way forward to make that oxygen go further.

If there are mechanical/electrical failures, they may have lost the ability to clean and/or get rid of CO2....which means they are all dead regardless

Looking at the vessel, why the fuck would you get in that?

'Simon Platts, who directed a BBC documentary episode about the Titan sub last year, said if the vessel was on the water surface it would be really hard to spot.
He said normally the sub comes to the surface and gets in touch with the mother vessel, before they both travel towards each other.
It is a "very small thing in a big ocean" because only the top of the sub floats above the sea level, he said.
The director of the BBC's Travel Show said he couldn't even spot the sub when they were right next to it and somebody had to point it out.'

That would be even worse physiologically for them bobbing on the surface and suffocating than being on the ocean floor. 

You couldn’t have paid me $250,000 to get in that thing and dive to the bottom of the Atlantic, let alone the other way round. This isn’t MH370, it disappeared right under their noses, and a planned dive to a known location. Obviously they didn’t have a special offer on an ELT, redundant radio capability or an emergency flotation device when they were buying components from Best Buy.

Smacks of a complete cowboy operation and a rather sad case of Darwinism for those onboard.

• Like 2

BANGING sounds have been heard underwater in the search for the missing Titan submarine, sparking new hope that crew members could be signaling for help.

Searchers said they heard banging in 30-minute intervals while looking for the vessel, which disappeared on Sunday during an underwater trip to see The Titanic wreckage.

One other major problem is even if the submersible gets to the surface the crew cannot open the hatch from the inside, it can only be opened from the outside.

I hope the outcome is as good as the Chilean miners was but I am not confident.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

It could have been a good news story had they not hired 'white guys'

Clearly. https://oceangate.com/about/leadership.html

Their staff is more than 90% White. I think it is more that they didn't want old military experience, and instead wanted fresh and innovative kids with their raspberry pi and xbox skills.

Sorry if that doesn't fit with your faux racial outrage though. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ashnats said:

Their staff is more than 90% White. I think it is more that they didn't want old military experience, and instead wanted fresh and innovative kids with their raspberry pi and xbox skills.

Have you listened to the clip? They clearly state they did not want 50 year old white guys........

26 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Have you listened to the clip? They clearly state they did not want 50 year old white guys........

Have you looked at their actions? They're full of white guys. The video is full of white people. Their website is full of white people. They can say what they like but their actions suggest they do not have any problem hiring white people whatsoever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ashnats said:

They wanted inexperienced people who wouldn't ask questions.

They sacked the experienced engineer who raised red flags about the safety.

The more you read about it the more cowboy operation it seems to have been. 

3 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I have to take my cap off to you, managing to shoe horn your anti-woke agenda into a thread about a search for a missing submersible. Years of practice I suppose.

Perhaps show a bit of respect for those 5 lives in the balance at the moment and hold off until we know their fate at least?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

It's a trope : they didn't want experienced engineers who knew what they were doing and would ask awkward questions when the Scrapheap Challenge team started their design and build. It is not a statement to be taken literally - except by the gullible and easily swayed.

Strange how it is probably a load of "50 year old white guys" that are now trying to rescue the submersible.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

It is impossible to imagine how the father could look his son in the eye as the 'adventure' turned sour and both had to watch each other die. They had everything but nothing.

I dont see why you want to go and see a wreck, but the Titanic has an aura. Only have to see items that have somehow 'survived' being sold for £10'sk to underline that. Being cynical , how violins were saved in the disaster does seem odd, easy thing to fake. 

51 minutes ago, OldNick said:

It is impossible to imagine how the father could look his son in the eye as the 'adventure' turned sour and both had to watch each other die. 

Thankfully, it looks like they didn’t have to. Appears that it happened in mili seconds & they’d have known nothing about it. Tragic, but at least it was quick. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whelk said:

Ask what Matt thinks. 

Everyone in that submarine was vaccinated just like Shane Warne.

Coincidence? I fucking think not.

Do your research 

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Thankfully, it looks like they didn’t have to. Appears that it happened in mili seconds & they’d have known nothing about it. Tragic, but at least it was quick. 

Yep, seems that way. If the structure failed and the sub imploded at that depth, they would have been crushed instantly. Much better way to go than suffocating to death one by one slowly in total darkness.

42 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Everyone in that submarine was vaccinated just like Shane Warne.

Coincidence? I fucking think not.

Do your research 

A submarine and a cross channel swimmer both vanish without trace in the same body of water in the space of 24 hours and all the sheeple think it’s just a coincidence. 😆

There’s clearly a genetically engineered megalodon out there and the mainstream meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeja are keeping it quiet.

11 hours ago, egg said:

The conspiracy theorists are at work on this - saw this nonsense this morning. Posted by a successful/academically intelligent bloke. 

Screenshot_20230622-081710.png

Blimey, didn't know you had MLT on Facebook

2 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Blimey, didn't know you had MLT on Facebook

Ha!! It's an old mate of mine. Strong anti vaxer who thinks he'll make another fortune from his unvaxed sperm, bangs on about 5 minute cities, chem trails, now this nonsense. 

The coastguard has confirmed at a press conference that they discovered the tail cone 1,600ft from the base of the Titanic.

This then led them to a debris field which had a broken end of the pressure chamber, which then led them to a smaller debris field that contained other parts of the pressure chamber.

The pattern/nature of the debris is consistent with having an explosion mid-journey caused by an implosion of the internal pressure chamber on the descent.

They're continuing to search for debris/remains.

Just now, CSA96 said:
The coastguard has confirmed at a press conference that they discovered the tail cone 1,600ft from the base of the Titanic.

This then led them to a debris field which had a broken end of the pressure chamber, which then led them to a smaller debris field that contained other parts of the pressure chamber.

The pattern/nature of the debris is consistent with having an explosion mid-journey caused by an implosion of the internal pressure chamber on the descent.

They're continuing to search for debris/remains.

Just heard someone try and ask if they can recover the bodies.

FML!

Pretty tragic all round.

Sounds like this must have happened soon after the dive started. I guess there’s some small solace in that it would have been almost instant, and for the people that have been involved in the search that there’s absolutely nothing they could have done differently.

RIP

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Down at that depth scavengers arrive very quickly and in surprising numbers.

No, you’re thinking of sand people.

In all seriousness though, they found some fairly well preserved remains in the wreckage of Air France 447, two years after it crashed in the mid Atlantic, so I’d imagine it’s a similar story here. I’d imagine they’re quite badly crushed and possibly burned, depending on the severity of the air pressure change.as skint says, grim.

Im absolutely baffled at the sheer amount of evidence coming out that this was effectively doomed from the start, and that there were significant safety concerns from experts etc

And yet it was just allowed to continue ? Presumably it was framed as a commercial operation ? So waivers or not it is at best criminal negligence surely

Its truly awful that somebody could effectively ignore and completely disregard any engineering advice and sign offs yet still push on this without a government body halting the operation 

8 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Im absolutely baffled at the sheer amount of evidence coming out that this was effectively doomed from the start, and that there were significant safety concerns from experts etc

And yet it was just allowed to continue ? Presumably it was framed as a commercial operation ? So waivers or not it is at best criminal negligence surely

Its truly awful that somebody could effectively ignore and completely disregard any engineering advice and sign offs yet still push on this without a government body halting the operation 

Operating in international waters - nobody had jurisdiction. It would not have been allowed to operate in US / Canadian / UK / French etc waters without certification.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Operating in international waters - nobody had jurisdiction. It would not have been allowed to operate in US / Canadian / UK / French etc waters without certification.

For fuck's sake!

Where are those "international cabals" when there is serious bizznezz to attend to?

Off planning the next world destroying virus no doubt.

39 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Yeah… I still find it crazy how anyone is able to carry out, effectively a paid euthanasia operation and nobody can oppose it

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

For fuck's sake!

Where are those "international cabals" when there is serious bizznezz to attend to?

Off planning the next world destroying virus no doubt.

You know they can morph into mosquitos at any point?

• Like 1