Alladyce

trousers

14 minutes ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

The trouble is that the people that run the club want to have a yes man so that they can be in control.

Why does rubbish manager always equal "yes man".

Nathan Jones was as far from a yes man as it is possible to be. Ditto Puel. Ditto Hasenhuttl. None of them were or are "yes men".

Martin is not a yes man, he's the guy the geniuses thought was the best choice.

He isn't up to it, but that doesn't mean they only recruited him to be a "yes man". He's no more a yes man than Enzo Maresca or Daniel Farke.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Selles would have been far better than Martin. What scares me is that Sports Republic have shown themselves to be utterly incapable of judging or choosing good managers. They sacked ralph, they hired jones, they gambled our premier league status on Selles, and then they got rid of him to hire Martin 🤣.

All the "Martin Out" vibe is fine / one thing, but the reality is the real rot is Sports Republic and they're wrapped around the neck of the club.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Nathan Jones was as far from a yes man as it is possible to be. Ditto Puel. Ditto Hasenhuttl. None of them were or are "yes men".

He isn't up to it, but that doesn't mean they only recruited him to be a "yes man". He's no more a yes man than Enzo Maresca or Daniel Farke.

It's the classic "go to" for football fans. None of those men were "the cheap option" like everyone says they were. 

Players in a good spell of form are "underrated", no manager anywhere in the country has a "Plan B" and if any transfer target is not signed, regardless of circumstance, the board have "no ambition" - All lazy terms used by football fans when things aren't going well.

• Like 2

My favoured option is Ryan Lowe, would not take shit from SR and make it clear that Wilcox is working to his targets and not vice versa. Bloke’s teams win matches despite not having the biggest budget. Blackmore would be scared stiff of interviewing him, but so would the players and the whole environment desperately needs organisation, structure and discipline. 

Whether he’d want it or whether the SFC job is seen in the industry as a very toxic chalice until SR inevitably sell up is another matter. Whoever succeeds Martin in the next couple of weeks needs to insist on being in full control of all men’s first team football matters with their coaching set-up. Ankerson and co need to be totally kept away from any decisions whatsoever regarding SFC. Football professionals only. Wilcox might have got some good fees in but his purchases have been fucking dreadful. 

The club is drifting back to League one and worse, needs to be an alpha character who says ‘I’m in charge’ like Koeman did. Les Reed didn’t like it and Rasmus/Wilcox wouldn’t but they’ve failed, so it needs to be a clean slate to cleanse the complacency out of the culture and demand the best people can do within the framework. No excuses around budget or facilities, they are as good as you get for this level, but there’s a huge lack of industry savvy and a lot of bullshit goes unchallenged. Stop the marketing slogans and concentrate on clean sheets and three points each week. Keep it simple. 

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

If as a manager you have a track record with some pedigree when you are appointed then you will always have a louder voice when it comes to decision making.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It's the classic "go to" for football fans. None of those men were "the cheap option" like everyone says they were. 

Players in a good spell of form are "underrated", no manager anywhere in the country has a "Plan B" and if any transfer target is not signed, regardless of circumstance, the board have "no ambition" - All lazy terms used by football fans when things aren't going well.

As lazy as claiming a player was the greatest in the world in a position he didn’t play in TWar?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

If as a manager you have a track record with some pedigree when you are appointed then you will always have a louder voice when it comes to decision making.  

We've signed Russell Martin linked players, the squad is Russell Martin top to bottom.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CSA96 said:

No, get Warnock in

Neil's old, I don't think his ticker could take much of us before he damn near keels over!

But yes I am in the experience camp. None of these "perhaps they could be the next Guardiola" appointments despite having nothing on their resume that says otherwise. We need someone to come in, stick a rocket up 'em and pick the best damn team. Someone that can stop us leaking goals would be a start. You know how bad our season has become when I'm starting to wish for 0-0 scorelines...

1 hour ago, Saint86 said:

Selles would have been far better than Martin. What scares me is that Sports Republic have shown themselves to be utterly incapable of judging or choosing good managers. They sacked ralph, they hired jones, they gambled our premier league status on Selles, and then they got rid of him to hire Martin 🤣.

All the "Martin Out" vibe is fine / one thing, but the reality is the real rot is Sports Republic and they're wrapped around the neck of the club.

Not sure Selles would to be honest, was clueless for us. His Reading team were battered at Blackpool today and he's shown nothing to say he'd get our bunch winning. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScandiSaint said:

Is there logic in bringing in a manager whose style is completely different to the players recruited for our current manager? Even if people agreed that the current manager should be changed...

Yes.  They haven’t been playing RussShiteBall all their careers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saint86 said:

7 hours ago, trousers said:

7 hours ago, trousers said:

Fuck it... Get Big Sam in now...

(Yes, I am under the influence... However... )

6 hours ago, CSA96 said:

No, get Warnock in

Bollux to that, go large, get them both in, old school dream team...! Back to basics, back to blood, sweat and tears training and traditional tactics on matchdays...! What's not to like. 

Edited by Micky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The problem in sacking Martin is the twats that appointed him in the first place will be responsible for appointing his successor.  And every decision they've taken so far is wrong. 

Our problem is they are more interested in being celebrated for how clever they are than winning football matches. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, CSA96 said:

No, get Warnock in

Get them both as a ‘dream’ team!  Worryingly I’m convinced either of them would significantly improve our team in a week even though they are football dinosaurs!

Edited by a1ex2001

Pay Potter more than he’s worth to get him here. Use the rest of this season get the players used to playing more direct football and winning football matches. See if Ross Stewart is capable of hitting a cow’s arse with a banjo.. if not, get a decent striker or two in for next season.

If this fails, get ABM in.

Anyone But Martin

Edited by Zorba

1 hour ago, Morse said:

The problem in sacking Martin is the twats that appointed him in the first place will be responsible for appointing his successor.  And every decision they've taken so far is wrong. 

Our problem is they are more interested in being celebrated for how clever they are than winning football matches. 

Agree, we could and should sack Martin but the idiots are still in charge of the asylum.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, sydney_saint said:

He's simply not gonna suddenly jump at a club 15th in the Championship

Why not ? He’s unlikely to get an offer from an EPL club, and for Fat Sam, rather like ‘arry, the thing he’s most likely to be interested in is the dosh on offer. 

Not that I’m advocating that we go for him especially.

48 minutes ago, Badger said:

Why not ? He’s unlikely to get an offer from an EPL club, and for Fat Sam, rather like ‘arry, the thing he’s most likely to be interested in is the dosh on offer. 

Not that I’m advocating that we go for him especially.

Because his ego won't allow him to manage in this division unless he was offered a truly whopping amount of cash. I've very certain he would rather not manage again then take on a championship job (unless yep cash is right)