Ryan Manning

Bad Wolf

Having watched Swansea in depth last season, I had a whiff Martin was 3rd choice for the scouts at Southampton, I like the Manning lad.

He is like a good red wine, versatile, full bodied and gives you a headache.

Good player to have

thats all I will say on the matter

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Ribtickler said:

Having watched Swansea in depth last season, I had a whiff Martin was 3rd choice for the scouts at Southampton, I like the Manning lad.

He is like a good red wine, versatile, full bodied and gives you a headache.

Good player to have

thats all I will say on the matter

I like it. Let's use alcoholic drinks to describe our signings this year.

Terms like 'insane' and 'unbelievable' are so last year (and so 'prem').

So....who will be our champagne signing? Who will be a Guinness?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Suhari said:

I like it. Let's use alcoholic drinks to describe our signings this year.

Terms like 'insane' and 'unbelievable' are so last year (and so 'prem').

So....who will be our champagne signing? Who will be a Guinness?

On that basis Bazunu and Edozie would be a Top Deck shandy and a Babycham.  Manning likely a Harp lager. 

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Better but then that really isn't a high bar. 

I really don't get the low rating for Perraud. He always gave 100% in every match I watched, he scored some important goals and made few mistakes unlike the rest of the defence. He's not a world beater but I don't think anyone expected that when he signed. 

• Like 25

31 minutes ago, lambtiss said:

I really don't get the low rating for Perraud. He always gave 100% in every match I watched, he scored some important goals and made few mistakes unlike the rest of the defence. He's not a world beater but I don't think anyone expected that when he signed. 

He gives 100%, sure but so did Moi. So would I if I played. He's slow, always out of position, his crosses rarely beat the first man and often caught in possession. Granted he's got a good strike on him but that's literally it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, SherborneSaint said:

Nice. Love the capital R and M giving the game away! Cracking signing - we've got better full back options this year than last. Hopefully we can upgrade elsewhere on the pitch too, and shift some deadwood. 

"You're coming to a Premier League football club that's in the Championship, so the ambition is promotion and nothing else, and that's exactly what I was looking for as the next move in my career. I think it's the perfect club for me to come to, the ambition is massive and everyone as a collective is working towards getting back to the Premier League.

I love quotes like this. Leeds must be sick as parrots... 

• Like 8

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ryan Manning - Official: Signs 4 Year Deal

Southampton manager Russell Martin said: "Firstly, he's a brilliant character. He's got a real edge to him. He's got a fantastic personality, a lot of energy and was a really important member of our group at Swansea, not just on the pitch but off it as well.

"In terms of on the pitch, he's an outstanding footballer who has a brilliant understanding of what we want. He played in a few positions for us previously, and he's coming here as a left-back because he ended up performing as one of the best left-backs in the division last year.

"We've beaten competition from two clubs in the Premier League for him, which I'm really pleased about, because I thought the lure of that would make it difficult for us, but he's come here because he knows the work and he believes in it."

Edited by CSA96
  • Like 4

Ryan Manning said: "I'm absolutely delighted to be here. I'm over the moon and I can't wait to get started. It's a massive club, been in the Premier League for so many years, and I'm just excited about the challenge of getting it back there.

"With the gaffer coming here, knowing his style of football and how he wants his team to play, it felt like a perfect fit for me where the club and the manager lined up.

"You're coming to a Premier League football club that's in the Championship, so the ambition is promotion and nothing else, and that's exactly what I was looking for as the next move in my career. I think it's the perfect club for me to come to, the ambition is massive and everyone as a collective is working towards getting back to the Premier League."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Leeds forums/Twitter are worth a look right now. He was meant to be their next LB! :lol:

I'm trying to find them, I can't seem to find anything on him on Leeds forums. Got any humorous links or screenshots?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ryan Manning