Watford 1-1 Saints - Match Thread

goodymatt

27 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Only part I'd say is seriously understrength is CM. Would have liked to have seen one of Smallbone or Downes alongside Rothwell with them swapping at or just after halftime. 

Rothwell Charles Alacaraz should (on paper anyway) be a decent midfield.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Reliable stream available on Bet365 I believe btw.

Available on Betfair as well.  You probably need an account but no need to bet on the game.  I started watching just in time to see the Watford goal 🙁

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

With hindsight I'd agree but I seem to remember the feeling being very positive when he signed.

I don't remember that to be true. I remember quite a few of us highlighting how terrible a move it looked.

He can't pass a ball, has never been able to pass a ball and whoever signed off on that one made a serious error.

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Looks like a case of too many changes. Travelling fans been short changed on this one. Nearly five thousand to watch effectively a reserve team.

Difficult to tell so far. Not much really happened bar the goal which was a cock up from the keeper. 

Charley might be the most overrated player we've had for a decade. Lazy and poor as per usual. No doubt he'll do a nice little turn and nearly create a chance on the 70th minute and he'll be lauded as the greatest player in our history though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

Charley might be the most overrated player we've had for a decade. Lazy and poor as per usual. No doubt he'll do a nice little turn and nearly create a chance on the 70th minute and he'll be lauded as the greatest player in our history though.

Not suited to a passing style of play at all. His natural game is about running at the defence. 

God knows what Mara was doing there.

Anyone having problems with Saints Live Audio for this game? Am trying to listen in from Arizona, USA this morning, and am getting a 404 error for the link. Don't have other optons (like live streaming via a betting site, as in US)...annoying! Lots of time left to salvage today's reserve team try-out.....!

2 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Mara and Alcaraz are very overrated, that said the latter is a considerably better player. 
But he’s not as great as is made out.

A bit like Armando Broja when he was here.

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Shea Charles has been utter wank. It's no surprise we brought Rothwell in. 

Except we didn't bring Rothwell in for DM. Charles is a top player, but his confidence was shot early season, will take a while to get his confidence fully back. He is far too rash at the moment, and gives away fouls when there is no need.

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Absolutely no control in midfield, wide open and when we lose the ball, little threat going forward

oh well!

It's the CM that's costing us, such a vital area and we've got Charles who has been atrocious since signing and Rothwell who is nowhere near up to speed, plus Alcaraz who might be the attacking mid but at least when Armstrong is playing there he tracks back and gets properly stuck in.

1 minute ago, VectisSaint said:

Except we didn't bring Rothwell in for DM. Charles is a top player, but his confidence was shot early season, will take a while to get his confidence fully back. He is far too rash at the moment, and gives away fouls when there is no need.

Not seen anything from him to suggest he's a top player. 

He's young and still has time on his side but that money should have been better spent imo. 

1 minute ago, VectisSaint said:

What are you basing that rating of Charles on? 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Watford 1-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic