Jade Goody.

saint lard

it's not juvenile its just unconventional.

obviously she is going to help stop cancer by raising awareness but as i understood it, and correct me if i'm wrong because i haven't been the following the story, she was told she had cancerus cells much longer ago but ignored it. that's not a good role model for other women!?!?

2 years ;)

2 years ;)

it's not juvenile its just unconventional.

obviously she is going to help stop cancer by raising awareness but as i understood it, and correct me if i'm wrong because i haven't been the following the story, she was told she had cancerus cells much longer ago but ignored it. that's not a good role model for other women!?!?

2 years? Nuff said.

Besides, from what I can make out from news sources, she was advised that she had cancerous cells in August 2008, not two years ago, but she had gone way past the advised time for a smear test.. That's something hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, of women do all the time, and I believe her message has been not to skip the PAP tests because "look what can happen".

Besides, from what I can make out from news sources, she was advised that she had cancerous cells in August 2008, not two years ago, but she had gone way past the advised time for a smear test.. That's something hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, of women do all the time, and I believe her message has been not to skip the PAP tests because "look what can happen".

Some say you reap what you sow!

When Mrs WSS gets a letter saying her smear test is due, guess what she does? That's right, she phones the surgery and makes an appointment! She always has, and I guess she always will....

On the other hand, I guess many people ignore the letter they receive - to be honest I really can't understand why they would, but maybe that's just me :smt102

Also, despite the warnings on each and every packet, people still accept the risks involved with smoking. I guess if you want to 'take the chance' and 'risk getting away with it', it's a matter of personal choice.

Ponty i fear you are beating a lonley furrow.

I am in complete agreement with everything you have said on the Jade Goody thread.She sold her life/death story to a hungry media and public to raise cash for her children.I would do the same.

I hope her kids/family are now left alone to get over her death.She has a mother ,was a mother and people that really loved her.

If her death prevents girls/women dying of cervical cancer then her death is not in vein.

Some say you reap what you sow!

When Mrs WSS gets a letter saying her smear test is due, guess what she does? That's right, she phones the surgery and makes an appointment! She always has, and I guess she always will....

On the other hand, I guess many people ignore the letter they receive - to be honest I really can't understand why they would, but maybe that's just me :smt102

Also, despite the warnings on each and every packet, people still accept the risks involved with smoking. I guess if you want to 'take the chance' and 'risk getting away with it', it's a matter of personal choice.

WSS i understand what it is you're saying ,but there are thousands of women who are too scared /ashamed of going for a smear test , as it's not only uncomfortable, but quite humiliating for women who are quite shy......to lay there with ya legs akimbo whilst a cold,metal instrument is inserted into your vagina, clamped open and then a swab rubbed around your cervix is not a particularly pleasant experience tbh.

mind you, the same could be said for the hundreds of thousands of men who refuse to go to the doctor when they experience rectal bleeding due to the fear/embarrassment associated with having a rectal/prostate examination ..

people just have to get past the fear/shame aspect and realise that 5 minutes of discomfort can save your life....

RIP Jade.....and ALL the other mums,dads, brothers,sisters,sons and daughters who have lost their lives to this terrible disease.....x

Jade Goody is a beautiful person. This world is the poorer for losing her.

I would say these very words about any Mother who passed away today. Can you imagine a worse time to leave your childrens arms, that is the saddest news that I have heard for years. Her death made my Mothers Day the best that I have ever had. I drank to her, and I thought of her when I looked into my Mums eyes and told her that I love her. Her legacy is that us sons and daughters will get to tell there Mums how much they love them more often.

Happy Mothers Day to all Mums out there, and I cannot end without wishing a very Happy Mothers Day to Mrs h. rrvcp? ;)

Edited by hamster

....the same could be said for the hundreds of thousands of men who refuse to go to the doctor when they experience rectal bleeding due to the fear/embarrassment associated with having a rectal/prostate examination .....

I can confirm this from first hand experience.

If in doubt. Get it checked out fellas.

While I agree it is very sad that two young children have lost their mother (they will get over it I'm sure) I am now very glad that I will be able to go into a newsagents and not see her face plastered across the front pages of every newspaper and magazine on display. The woman meant nothing to me. She was an untalented, bigoted, attention-seeking gob****e with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. She was the epitome of everything that is wrong with this country and will be long forgotten by the celebrity-obsessed masses who idolised her in no time at all, such is the fickle nature of the media in this country.

I'm sorry if this offends anybody. I'm not celebrating her death, and I'm not saying she deserved to die. She was a nobody who (god only knows how) became a somebody, whom I never met and will not mourn the passing of.

Guess you have never lost anyone close? You learn to cope and you learn to deal with the pain but you don't just get over it! I can't imagine anything worse for those two little boys to loose there mum - just awful. I pray that its a long time before you find out how painful that situation is.

I did n't like the girl but she took her opportunity on car crash tv and played the media game - and she took her rewards. She was aware of her limitations but now everybody lets just let her be. R.I.P

Never liked her. No one should have go to through that though. On mother's day too. Her poor kids

Quite agree. 27 is far too young for anyone to die.

I'm the wrong side of 50 and lost my mum last year. She was in her 90's and it was not unexpected but it still hits you hard.

She only made money because people buy the sort of magazines that publish stuff about so-called celebrities. Can't blame her for that.

Quite agree. 27 is far too young for anyone to die.

I'm the wrong side of 50 and lost my mum last year. She was in her 90's and it was not unexpected but it still hits you hard.

She only made money because people buy the sort of magazines that publish stuff about so-called celebrities. Can't blame her for that.

Oh yeah. It was just her attitude I didn't like. Sorry to hear that happened to your mum. I lost my auntie who I was very close to, to cancer late last year. Absilute **** (Cancer that is, not my auntie)

R.I.P Jade

Hated her. Terrible for her kids though. Lots of people yesterday were saying they were glad she was dead etc etc. Sick c*nts imo. Some people don't seem to have any respect. She did nothing to deserve what she got. It's a shame that it takes a celebrity to die a death that thousands of other people die every day for us to think about it though. RIP to all those who have died from cancer. It was great that she caused more awareness to the illness.

Does anyone find it weird how, after Jade's bigoted, racist attack on Shilpa 'Poppadom' her effigy was burned in the streets in India and there were probably curses or some other supposed mumbo jumbo death wishes placed on her by those Indians... then she gets the news of her cancer whilst in the Indian BB House and, eventually, dies. That's scary weird ****.

I have to agree with the general theme. As a person i never really liked her but nobody deserves to go through that and having to have her kids watch her fade is heartbreaking.

I feel that the positives are that she has raised the awareness and fair play.

Problem is people often feel something is wrong but are too scared to hear that something is wrong, it's just human and TBH happens at all scales. Even to the point of not checking bank balance till it's too late lol. Problem is some risks really are not worth taking.

Luckily i am only a young'un so have not had to deal with health scares yet but i am not sure i would take the chance.

Also in the Sun today, it says that yesterday lunchtime Jack went out for a Chinese meal with his mates. I know people grieve in different ways, but going out for a meal just 9 hours after your wife dies isn't one of them...is it?

Does anyone find it weird how, after Jade's bigoted, racist attack on Shilpa 'Poppadom' her effigy was burned in the streets in India and there were probably curses or some other supposed mumbo jumbo death wishes placed on her by those Indians... then she gets the news of her cancer whilst in the Indian BB House and, eventually, dies. That's scary weird ****.

Not to mention the thousands of people outside the Big Brother house - the first time she was in in - shouting phrases like "Kill the Pig". Now I'm not one for Karma and all that, but who knows :smt102

Also, how quickly do people forget? "Kill the Pig" and "racist scum" to "national treasure" in a few short years :rolleyes:

Not to mention the thousands of people outside the Big Brother house - the first time she was in in - shouting phrases like "Kill the Pig". Now I'm not one for Karma and all that, but who knows :smt102

Also, how quickly do people forget? "Kill the Pig" and "racist scum" to "national treasure" in a few short years :rolleyes:

i am embarassed for the people that see her as a treasure..she was a complete mong..althrough sad and tragic that she has gone but the blanket coverage about her is a national joke...I wonder which paper will print her funeral route first...?

as a matter of interest, the last person in this country to get a 16 page pull out in a paper on dying was Princess Di....like

dianna or not, she was out of goodys league...

the fact that brown and cameron commented on her just sums this whole joke up...im glad I have been away for most of this and will be away for the funeral as I certainly dont want to see/read about it

Also in the Sun today, it says that yesterday lunchtime Jack went out for a Chinese meal with his mates. I know people grieve in different ways, but going out for a meal just 9 hours after your wife dies isn't one of them...is it?

celebrating?

I don't know where people get all this love/hate emotion about a person who wasn't even remotely connected to them. Jade Goody was a tabloid and reality TV celebrity. That's it. If there were no celebrities, there would be no Jade Goody's. On the one hand, I can't think of a better situation. Not because I'd never see another Jade Goody, but because the whole celebrity culture is so facile and diverting to ordinary people who could be doing far better things with their lives.

On the other hand, within the celebrity culture, a young girl of 27 has died, and has tried her utmost, in the time she had left, to make as much money for her children's welfare, as she could, and in the only way she had left to her. In her limited way, it is said that she has inspired women to arrange appointments for smear tests. That may save lives in the future. Despite JG's past, it would be churlish to deny that she has done what she could for her children. The fact that she inspired these women is an added bonus, perhaps for many other mother's children and spouses in future years. Perhaps your grandchildren will, one day, look back at you knowing that the only reason they are alive and loved is because their mother was inspired to get a smear test arranged, because of JG. You never know.

Freud was a psychiatrist who made up a load of nonsense about we all want to **** our mums and are scared of getting our nobs chopped off.

And there was me thinking he used to be a Liberal MP and be on "Just a mInute".

Also he had a bloody ugly dog called Henry and advertised chunky dog food.:)

I don't know where people get all this love/hate emotion about a person who wasn't even remotely connected to them. Jade Goody was a tabloid and reality TV celebrity. That's it. If there were no celebrities, there would be no Jade Goody's. On the one hand, I can't think of a better situation. Not because I'd never see another Jade Goody, but because the whole celebrity culture is so facile and diverting to ordinary people who could be doing far better things with their lives.

On the other hand, within the celebrity culture, a young girl of 27 has died, and has tried her utmost, in the time she had left, to make as much money for her children's welfare, as she could, and in the only way she had left to her. In her limited way, it is said that she has inspired women to arrange appointments for smear tests. That may save lives in the future. Despite JG's past, it would be churlish to deny that she has done what she could for her children. The fact that she inspired these women is an added bonus, perhaps for many other mother's children and spouses in future years. Perhaps your grandchildren will, one day, look back at you knowing that the only reason they are alive and loved is because their mother was inspired to get a smear test arranged, because of JG. You never know.

i dont think she inspired women at all

i dont think women look up to her and think "WOW"

more likely, women have seen that being totally irresponsible about the warning signs can bring tragic events..something different from being an inspiration

more likely, women have seen that being totally irresponsible about the warning signs can bring tragic events..something different from being an inspiration

You seriously need to meet the women outside the local primary school, more than half see her as some kind of idol:smt017

You seriously need to meet the women outside the local primary school, more than half see her as some kind of idol:smt017

I cant think of what jade has done to be an idol...

granted her situation has probably made people think but did she actually do anything apart from sell her story...?

people are mongs if they think she is an inspiration..

Err I don't think inspire was the right word to use, but don't pick at that. She's clearly encouraged wiminz to go and get smear tests. Sadly it takes the painful, media watched death of a celebrity to do that.

I'm sure if TV said later today that the world was going to end tomorrow because god was going to do a gigantic fart 99% of people would run around like headless chickens crying and praying.

granted her situation has probably made people think but did she actually do anything apart from sell her story...?

I agree, although i wouldn't put it so bluntly ;). I think i can safely say that all the women i know are intelligent enough to know about and organise a smear test and for anyone to suggest that it would take the death of a well known media personality to influence them, is being, imho, quite patronising. (NB it's presumably all blokes that are saying this!)

It is terribly sad what happend to her and her family, but there needs to be some perspective with all this. All imho if course.

Completely agree, and this is the thing that amazes me most. She's gone from a horrible, retarded woman who is hated by the majority of the nation, to a brave, heroic woman who has inspired thousands of women.

As I keep trying to say, there are thousands and thousands of people up and down the country who raise awareness about cancer but do not ask for any money or any recognition.

i am embarassed for the people that see her as a treasure..she was a complete mong..althrough sad and tragic that she has gone but the blanket coverage about her is a national joke...I wonder which paper will print her funeral route first...?

as a matter of interest, the last person in this country to get a 16 page pull out in a paper on dying was Princess Di....like

the fact that brown and cameron commented on her just sums this whole joke up...im glad I have been away for most of this and will be away for the funeral as I certainly dont want to see/read about it

Really? In what context?

CNN have picked it up here a little due to the media frenzy it's causing over there but I didn't realize it had made the PM speak about it.

As I keep trying to say, there are thousands and thousands of people up and down the country who raise awareness about cancer but do not ask for any money or any recognition.

Can you name any of these thousands and thousands of people though? Do they get front page and prime time exposure?

Absolutely, the inspiration my wife gets is from the doctors to say she is due a smear test, she makes the appointment, has the test, simple really. No inspiration from some so called celebrity.

Guess you have never lost anyone close? You learn to cope and you learn to deal with the pain but you don't just get over it! I can't imagine anything worse for those two little boys to loose there mum - just awful. I pray that its a long time before you find out how painful that situation is.

I did n't like the girl but she took her opportunity on car crash tv and played the media game - and she took her rewards. She was aware of her limitations but now everybody lets just let her be. R.I.P

Actually I lost my dad when I was six, so I am speaking from experience. I got over it - in fact I was too young at the time to understand so it didn't really affect me as much as it might have had it happened let's say in my teens.

In what way? She was talentless, achieved nothing and died young(ish). There seem a lot of similarities to me. The only difference is that aside from passing interest I've managed to ignore Jade Goody - I couldn't do that when Dianna died.